• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:33
CEST 14:33
KST 21:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9141 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 33

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 86 Next
Josh_rakoons
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom1158 Posts
February 14 2012 06:03 GMT
#641
Wow, it sucks to see so much cheese on the ladder these days, does it not feel really good to other people when you just smash a cheese?
leova
Profile Joined April 2011
266 Posts
February 14 2012 06:26 GMT
#642
On February 14 2012 14:34 DTK920 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 14:21 leova wrote:
easier and FAR less stressful just to watch the Pros play

actually playing myself, just makes my hands shake and i feel like a dumbass when i get rolled 10minutes in every time

so not worth it...


EDIT - and I do agree, the lack of any significant user-friendliness kills it a lot. The Custom Maps/Games system blows, straight up, friends and channels are terrible, and its all simply too much for a casual player

Plus, and i don't care what you all say, STUFF JUST DIES TOO DAMN FAST in this game! The FASTEST game speed is a freakin joke, i bat an eyelash and i miss 15 production cycles and am sitting on 500 minerals. its ridiculous!

If there was a "use Normal game speed as default" option or something for laddering, I guarantee TONS more people would play, and actually ENJOY, this game

The reason it was changed to fastest as default for sc games was because everyone refused to play on anything but fastest. and it carried onto sc2

so because people are ADD everyone else has to suffer...sort of a jerk move, honestly

like i said, if the Custom games options didnt suck as much, maybe there would be some non-fastest games out there, but as it stands, the game is just too fast, to ridiculous, and too stressful to play
Haustka
Profile Joined August 2010
United States221 Posts
February 14 2012 06:55 GMT
#643
although it is competitive game, it is still a game and who wants to lose when u try to have some fun?
Power of Human Will
Demnogonis
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland80 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 07:00:22
February 14 2012 06:58 GMT
#644
Too many all-ins, too many ill mannered teenagers, too crappy maps. What have I exactly learned about this game on 2012? That 311 beats any Protoss onebase which they will do anyway 9 times out of 10. That Zerg will never stop whining and consider any timing attack to be a noob rush because they don't like anything 'cept Drones and Broodlords. I found out how fun it is to use Snipe in TvZ, a good thing that's going to go soon I suppose. I also found out that TvP mech completely sucks because of the mobility of Blink Stalkers and Warp Prism, not that I'd use that much anyway because it's just safer to bet your 311 wins whatever the toss do on ladder (see, even I all-in like a bastard, because I think my all in beats theirs).

Well I also learned a few fun TvT builds, and learned something about how many tanks you can engage with what. TvT is the only fun match-up anyway, I wish I could restrict it only to that and also toggle chat off so I could just play the game to relax and enjoy.

That being said I'm still not completely bored with the game, even after all this time. A better map pool and the ability to toggle chat off permanently would go a long way to make the game fun again.
This, I command!
Ubenn
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada114 Posts
February 14 2012 07:06 GMT
#645
What a sad thread. I think most of you are forgetting that this is a game. Play it to have fun, it's a game after all. Theres no reason to get worked up over BM ignore them, how hard is that? So they cheese you; scout and react, watch the replay and learn from it. Many of you need to go back and realize why you're playing this game, because it seems a lot of you're are hanging around for the wrong reasons and just to complain.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
February 14 2012 07:14 GMT
#646
On February 13 2012 23:08 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:05 Silentenigma wrote:
Because it is not fun to play against abusers BM ers alliners.

Last time I played 99 percent of my games were 1 or 2 base allins(was mid masters).It is almost impossible to play a standard game...I would much rather to play custom games against similar skilled people.


I really dislike this mindset, and I think it is the cause of a lot of the bad manners that I encounter on the ladder.

I dont think there is any such thing as cheese or all-in. Aggressive strategies are a very important part of the game. I have noticed that the idea of cheese does not exist with koreans, and perhaps this is an important part of why they are so good.

Well in that case have fun with your ever decreasing group of players.
D_K_night
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada615 Posts
February 14 2012 07:19 GMT
#647
no, my argument is, it's not the maps, it's not lack of super easy third(YOU try making a map that's balanced for all 3 races, that every race would agree upon, not just zerg). just seems like some of you zergs want the 3rd to be a freebie for you, but not for any other race.

it's not balance, it's not people doing all-in's(and in fact I'd rather they do MORE 1 base play than long extended macro games...the likelihood of me winning just decreases exponentially the longer it goes on. I'm not a pro, sue me).

It's because battle.net is lacking features. If there were more tools built into the game...shared replays, watch-replays together, automated tourneys with spectators a la warcraft 3...just more community stuff...built into the game...that's what would drive the game more than anything else.
Canada
biology]major
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2253 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 07:22:05
February 14 2012 07:21 GMT
#648
On February 14 2012 16:06 Ubenn wrote:
What a sad thread. I think most of you are forgetting that this is a game. Play it to have fun, it's a game after all. Theres no reason to get worked up over BM ignore them, how hard is that? So they cheese you; scout and react, watch the replay and learn from it. Many of you need to go back and realize why you're playing this game, because it seems a lot of you're are hanging around for the wrong reasons and just to complain.


psh, its the games fault I suck.

jk

People only care about winning, and so naturally they become very afraid to lose, and bingo you have what is called ladder anxiety. How do you avoid this ladder anxiety that so many have? Its simple, you stop caring about your skill, and you set small goals for yourself within the game, be satisfied with such goals and ladder will become much more relaxing.

Whenever I enter a ladder game, I have a build and a plan, I gain satisfaction from just doing it perfectly, win or lose. Everyone should have their own things that they gain satisfaction from. I really feel ladder anxiety and the problems people have with pressing the find match button, is simply a mindset issue. When all I cared about was winning, SC2 became very stressful, frustrating, and most importantly my skill would plateau. However when I changed my mindset to setting small goals within the game, things in my control, the game was much more relaxing, and I got better a lot faster.


gm player, not that it means anything, but even at this level the game can be very stress free. People have to just be willing to change mindset
Question.?
Doganaws
Profile Joined February 2011
Italy52 Posts
February 14 2012 07:23 GMT
#649
Hi there

I'm an e-engineer. I work from 8:00 till 17:30 (1,5 hour of brake). I'm married and I workout on odd days....

so i played 1 hour on odd days, 2 hours on even days and 4 hours saturday and sunday.

I was silver for 1/5 season 3 then suddenly passed to gold, gold season 4 and gold 2/3 of season 5.

2 weeks ago i passed to PLAT. I had just one goal to proove myself for this game: PASS TO PLAT with T.

I've reached and i'kow that's my top in proportion of time i wasted on it. Now i just play for fun so i don't need to play a lot.

Then after ALL THEESE NERFING TERRAN PATHCES i feel that is time to slow down with nerd rage.
dhe95
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1213 Posts
February 14 2012 07:25 GMT
#650
On February 14 2012 15:26 leova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 14:34 DTK920 wrote:
On February 14 2012 14:21 leova wrote:
easier and FAR less stressful just to watch the Pros play

actually playing myself, just makes my hands shake and i feel like a dumbass when i get rolled 10minutes in every time

so not worth it...


EDIT - and I do agree, the lack of any significant user-friendliness kills it a lot. The Custom Maps/Games system blows, straight up, friends and channels are terrible, and its all simply too much for a casual player

Plus, and i don't care what you all say, STUFF JUST DIES TOO DAMN FAST in this game! The FASTEST game speed is a freakin joke, i bat an eyelash and i miss 15 production cycles and am sitting on 500 minerals. its ridiculous!

If there was a "use Normal game speed as default" option or something for laddering, I guarantee TONS more people would play, and actually ENJOY, this game

The reason it was changed to fastest as default for sc games was because everyone refused to play on anything but fastest. and it carried onto sc2

so because people are ADD everyone else has to suffer...sort of a jerk move, honestly

like i said, if the Custom games options didnt suck as much, maybe there would be some non-fastest games out there, but as it stands, the game is just too fast, to ridiculous, and too stressful to play

sc1 on normal speed is like playing with huge lag

although I do agree with most of your points, I don't believe that simply making everything take 2x slower will fix the problem that units die too fast

you'll just end up seeing that as you try to micro your units it'll take them longer for them to do what you want them to do. same result as now just delayed
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
February 14 2012 07:25 GMT
#651
On February 14 2012 16:06 Ubenn wrote:
What a sad thread. I think most of you are forgetting that this is a game. Play it to have fun, it's a game after all. Theres no reason to get worked up over BM ignore them, how hard is that? So they cheese you; scout and react, watch the replay and learn from it. Many of you need to go back and realize why you're playing this game, because it seems a lot of you're are hanging around for the wrong reasons and just to complain.


This is hilarious.

People stop playing because they're not having fun while playing. How hard is it to understand





insanexvixen21
Profile Joined February 2012
United States3 Posts
February 14 2012 07:25 GMT
#652
Well, since I'm a new member and my other account got banned for some stupid bullshit reason for "advertising" my youtube channel, which I wasn't - Someone was obviously on their man period at the time - I can't create a thread - I was wondering if someone in here could help me real quick. I don't care if it's not the correct forum or not, I need help now - I just bought SC2 disc about 30 minutes ago because I live in the US and I had an EU version before that I downloaded from the website and it worked fine.. but with my disc and US version I keep getting the error ""C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\base.SC2Assets : Assets\Music\TerranSC2-05.ogg" could not be written. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQTarget::Write/SFileWriteFile)" or other errors relating to some file not being able to me installed correctly. I've googled this error and nothing comes up.. CAN someone please help me? Thank you.
insanexvixen21
Profile Joined February 2012
United States3 Posts
February 14 2012 07:27 GMT
#653
Oh PS: check out my youtube channel... TROLOLOL.. No, in all seriousness - Can someone help me or direct me in the right direction to help fix my problem? Because I'm getting very frustrated.
Faraday
Profile Joined April 2009
United States553 Posts
February 14 2012 07:28 GMT
#654
I have to confess that I actually stopped playing this game...And this saddens me. Maybe I had too many expectations from it, but I guess the main fact about it were that it had stopped being fun long time ago and I was trying to make myself believe it hadn't.

I just can't enjoy it anymore...I find 1v1 laddering too stressful, ill mannered players too annoying(but i guess one can't help that), and the lack of touch with other people.

Too bad, it was supposed to be my favorite game.
what happened, happened...
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
February 14 2012 07:50 GMT
#655
i wish master league would just be one huge ladder -.-
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Demnogonis
Profile Joined December 2011
Finland80 Posts
February 14 2012 08:09 GMT
#656
On February 14 2012 16:06 Ubenn wrote:Theres no reason to get worked up over BM ignore them, how hard is that?

Well these games tend to drag on because the other person won't leave but instead has to whine and BM. And c'mon, who wants to hear insults and whining on their spare time?

So they cheese you; scout and react, watch the replay and learn from it. Many of you need to go back and realize why you're playing this game, because it seems a lot of you're are hanging around for the wrong reasons and just to complain.


It's sort of the same thing as how in SSF4 everybody online plays Ken or Ryu even while there's around 30 characters in the game. It's not that there's anything wrong with doing that, it just gets really old really fast because there's so little variety. Anyway, what's annoying here is you'd like to do some cool strategy or try some composition but the only thing you get to do is cheese defense, win or lose, isn't really what you wanted to do at all. Maybe next game? Nah, still all-in.

There's a cool game underneath all this crap, but it's difficult to dig to it - at least on ladder.
This, I command!
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 08:25:19
February 14 2012 08:24 GMT
#657
Just in regards to BM, it helps if people just say hello and exchange a greeting at the start of the game. I do this a fair bit, and I don't mean the generic "glhf", and often get a friendly reply and sometimes a brief chat. It makes the game feel better and more social and I almost always give a "gg" or "gg wp" when leaving a game or reply in kind. I guess my point is that if you are complaining about BM, initiate decent chat at the start and end of the game and you often get the same in return. Sure, there will always be a few assholes - that can't be helped - but often people with GM play each other alot and don't even know it.
KT best KT ~ 2014
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
February 14 2012 09:05 GMT
#658
1 A lot of people were doing something else for xmas unlike season 3/2 that happened around summer vacation if I'm right ( a time that for people bellow 21-24 can get quite boring )
2 Lack of social features ( more in http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308482 )
3 Its just a theory... but i was always talking with my friend about how hard it would be to win any match in bronze -platinum if terran learned to 3 rack, zergs learned to 6 pool.... etc and everyone would just start going for this easy to execute hard to stop cheeses, so isn't that a possibility ?, i sure wouldn't like playing ladder if i didn't had the mechanics/understanding i have now and people were going for this kind of strategies 1/3-4 games

Those are the reasons i believe, a drop from 2.2 mil to 0.7 mil is sad tho, hope blizzard thinks of introducing some noob friendly features to the bronze - diamond range, shows our mmr, give more portraits... etc to fix this.
If the community doesn't play you just reach a point where non will be interested in E sport ether.
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
February 14 2012 09:11 GMT
#659
I got to master top 25 but eventually quit due to the disaster of TvP. its heavily favored for toss imo.
I also quit beause in next patch my ghost rush for TvT wont work at all and i also quit for a few other reasons:
All ins and cheese hard to stop
proxy marauder rush owning me when i FE
all in bling bust from 2 base
the amount of BM people spew out and the lack of fun units
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
February 14 2012 09:15 GMT
#660
I just get angry when I ladder. I also learn more by practicing a specific matchup / map / build with friends.
:)
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 951
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings224
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45413
Shuttle 13015
FanTaSy 1550
Hyuk 1223
BeSt 611
Horang2 498
Pusan 358
Mini 337
Stork 238
EffOrt 230
[ Show more ]
Last 157
Zeus 153
Killer 135
Mind 92
sorry 78
Soma 62
Hyun 60
Sea.KH 56
ggaemo 49
PianO 49
Snow 46
ToSsGirL 38
hero 35
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 29
Aegong 22
JYJ 17
zelot 17
NaDa 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi927
XcaliburYe375
qojqva41
Counter-Strike
fl0m2427
byalli988
x6flipin497
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu299
Other Games
gofns32752
singsing3175
B2W.Neo969
Hui .157
Livibee138
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1178
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 27m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 27m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 27m
Replay Cast
10h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.