• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:03
CEST 19:03
KST 02:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9226 users

Nobody Plays 1v1 Ladder Anymore? - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 86 Next
esotericc
Profile Joined July 2011
449 Posts
February 14 2012 04:57 GMT
#621
There is literally no reason for me to play the game, sure I could play to masters and all that but there is not a single difference between the gameplay experience at masters then there is at bronze. Sure games are harder/different but the same lonely, no one else is playing, feeling is still there.

When I used to log on BW I would feel I was part of something bigger, it was busy, felt like people were around. WC3 I could play premade tournaments and even if I lost it wouldn't matter I was having fun and had something to practice for.

I understand there are community tournaments but it gets old jumping through hoops to force myself to enjoy something. No clan support, no Bnet tournaments, no way to play cross region, no way to make a smurf to level a new race among other things.

I refuse to buy heart of the swarm simply because I don't feel Blizzard is entitled to anymore of my money, they have done little to support the game outside of balancing units, have not improved bnet at all, have not supported the need for in game communities, and basically are riding the coat tails of the communities from BW who are willing to do their job for them.

Basically I am sick of playing a single player game with really smart AI.
vZNuKE
Profile Joined August 2011
United States77 Posts
February 14 2012 05:01 GMT
#622
nothing but cheese constantly... mirror matches basically all the time.

compLexity fanboy!!! Go NaDa, SangHo, Heart, Minigun / Also love fnatic and vile! Especially ToD, aLive, Moon, SyNc, State, DdoRo, and Yong!! TREME and Avenge are my favorite Korean protosses too!
kikimama
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)297 Posts
February 14 2012 05:03 GMT
#623
Hopefully, Blizzard will notice how downhill the gaming experience has gone for the casual player.
I don't mean that they should make the game "easier". I'm talking about the whole B.Net experience.
No automated tourneys WC3 had. Crap UMS system. Etc...
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 05:18:08
February 14 2012 05:04 GMT
#624
No one plays 1v1 with any class. 9/10 games revolve around some bullshit that starts or ends with someone complaining about how its the games fault they lost instead of looking at their own faults. People get mad when they lose to 1 base builds as though the pros have set a standard for all Starcraft 2 strategies across all league.

It's boring to play a game where people bad mouth you half the time. Everybody has this feeling of entitlement where they deserve to win because they know of the better strategy. Simply because you didn't do what they thought you should do, you are the inferior player.

Not to mention the obvious lonely factor. If you don't know a lot of people you're not going to meet them on the ladder, for reasons stated already.

Hah after reading a few more pages in this thread...


On February 14 2012 10:15 ClanRH.TV wrote:
This is most likely because of the shortened seasons that blizzard has implemented. If you think about it, there are probably quite a few people that won't play their placement matches or get a chance to play at all during a shorter season such as Season 4 and 5. In season 2 however, the time period was much much longer therfore the statistics will show that a greater number of people having joined the ladders. I'm sure there are people that either stopped played the game or have begun playing only team and/or custom games, but I believe my original point holds more weight. Other people may have mentioned this before me.



This is EXACTLY what I do. May as well play with friends, it's the only thing keeping me interested in this game :/
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Forbidden17
Profile Joined December 2011
666 Posts
February 14 2012 05:05 GMT
#625
On February 13 2012 23:07 hahaimhenry wrote:
because people have school!

This. x1000

T_T I wanna play as soon as season 6 starts but I have exams right now
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
February 14 2012 05:11 GMT
#626
Well, that was a horrific ladder session, going to learn some all-ins for next time

My problem is that there are so, so many little variables you have to learn to differentiate all-ins when you are trying to play standard macro styles, but no such difficulty exists for the players that do the same all-in build every game . Allins are cool when you see them in a series, or when your friend does something cool in practice, but when it is EVERY, SINGLE, GAME it just gets monotonous. I have tons of friends that I have records of like, 10-0 against who got to Diamond and parts beyond far faster than me by playing gimmicky as hell.

I also think league promotion takes, far, far too long as well. I mean I don't take much stock in the league system, but the amount of time it takes is obscene.

TLDR I don't mind losing, but I dislike the lack of variety and the incessant, incessant ridiculous blind builds.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
mprs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2933 Posts
February 14 2012 05:13 GMT
#627
On February 13 2012 23:15 darkscream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:14 IOvEggY wrote:
On February 13 2012 23:10 mrafaeldie12 wrote:
I guess it is because the lack of community the game has.


im guessing team liquid is not a community.


Is team liquid instead starcraft 2? No?


the point he was making was regarding the fact that you can't do chat channels and clans and friends the way Bnet 1.0 let you do.


... Really?

Bnet 1.0 had no clan support, the friend system in Bnet 2.0 is much better than the Bnet 1.0 system, and they both have chat channels.
We talkin about PRACTICE
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27459 Posts
February 14 2012 05:14 GMT
#628
On February 14 2012 14:13 mprs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 23:15 darkscream wrote:
On February 13 2012 23:14 IOvEggY wrote:
On February 13 2012 23:10 mrafaeldie12 wrote:
I guess it is because the lack of community the game has.


im guessing team liquid is not a community.


Is team liquid instead starcraft 2? No?


the point he was making was regarding the fact that you can't do chat channels and clans and friends the way Bnet 1.0 let you do.


... Really?

Bnet 1.0 had no clan support, the friend system in Bnet 2.0 is much better than the Bnet 1.0 system, and they both have chat channels.
Friend system is slow as hell and incredibly hard to use when you're actually in-game playing. Chat channels, although they do exist in SC2 were more active and indeed visible in the UI, just little things that break up the loneliness
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 05:24:42
February 14 2012 05:19 GMT
#629
On February 13 2012 23:06 ZAiNs wrote:
Because the game is too hard for most casual players.


This. Starcraft2 gets huge. People jump on train thinking I'm gonna love this game and become some star. Learn game is actually very very hard to play correctly. Lose interest shortly after.

Also to the people that are complaining about going against nothing but all-ins. What do you want to do? Make it impossible to do dmg to the enemy before 5min? 10min? Do you want to control what your opponent does every match and only let them expand and never attack? You can't control multiplayer, "game experience may differ online", it's on the box of every game thats connected to the internet. Do you rage the same when fighting people in BF3 or MW3 or do nothing but snipe all game and camp? Just learn to deal with it because it's something you can't control.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
leova
Profile Joined April 2011
266 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 05:24:01
February 14 2012 05:21 GMT
#630
easier and FAR less stressful just to watch the Pros play

actually playing myself, just makes my hands shake and i feel like a dumbass when i get rolled 10minutes in every time

so not worth it...


EDIT - and I do agree, the lack of any significant user-friendliness kills it a lot. The Custom Maps/Games system blows, straight up, friends and channels are terrible, and its all simply too much for a casual player

Plus, and i don't care what you all say, STUFF JUST DIES TOO DAMN FAST in this game! The FASTEST game speed is a freakin joke, i bat an eyelash and i miss 15 production cycles and am sitting on 500 minerals. its ridiculous!

If there was a "use Normal game speed as default" option or something for laddering, I guarantee TONS more people would play, and actually ENJOY, this game
resfirestar
Profile Joined January 2012
United States109 Posts
February 14 2012 05:23 GMT
#631
Not really buying the "cheese every game". I'm in Bronze, which is supposedly a hotbed for cheese and bm. In about 100 games, I've encountered cheese, specifically cannon rush and worker rush, maybe 10 times (most of those were silver players). 2 out of those my opponent was bm, excluding ragequit when I kill all the cannons/workers.

Agree 100% with everything said about lack of in-game community.
IMBAkorean
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada835 Posts
February 14 2012 05:24 GMT
#632
i find that the seasons are too short for me to stay motivated to keep playing each and every season seeing as my records get cleared just as i'm about to start playing
RATDOTO
DTK920
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada46 Posts
February 14 2012 05:34 GMT
#633
On February 14 2012 14:21 leova wrote:
easier and FAR less stressful just to watch the Pros play

actually playing myself, just makes my hands shake and i feel like a dumbass when i get rolled 10minutes in every time

so not worth it...


EDIT - and I do agree, the lack of any significant user-friendliness kills it a lot. The Custom Maps/Games system blows, straight up, friends and channels are terrible, and its all simply too much for a casual player

Plus, and i don't care what you all say, STUFF JUST DIES TOO DAMN FAST in this game! The FASTEST game speed is a freakin joke, i bat an eyelash and i miss 15 production cycles and am sitting on 500 minerals. its ridiculous!

If there was a "use Normal game speed as default" option or something for laddering, I guarantee TONS more people would play, and actually ENJOY, this game

The reason it was changed to fastest as default for sc games was because everyone refused to play on anything but fastest. and it carried onto sc2
Nexic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States729 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 05:37:33
February 14 2012 05:36 GMT
#634
The past two semesters of school, the first 3-4 weeks I've tried to get my studying done quickly so I can play a decent amount. It's at about the 4 week mark that I realize my school requires too much time, and I can't possibly play enough to maintain a decent level in SC2.

I'd rather just not play at all than to play worse than I know I can, I guess its just a personality or psychological thing.
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
February 14 2012 05:45 GMT
#635
School + gf + work + friends = less time to play

also bf3
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
Icectar
Profile Joined June 2011
United States99 Posts
February 14 2012 05:46 GMT
#636
i used to 1v1 quite a bit, but i stopped because it just doesn't feel fun anymore. when you get that feeling, its usually a signal to take a break from it. having alot of BM on the ladder didn't help the "fun factor" either. I just play team or custom games because its more relaxing, and usually more social lol
"You can always tell someone to go to Hell tomorrow."
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
February 14 2012 05:48 GMT
#637
On February 14 2012 14:36 Nexic wrote:
The past two semesters of school, the first 3-4 weeks I've tried to get my studying done quickly so I can play a decent amount. It's at about the 4 week mark that I realize my school requires too much time, and I can't possibly play enough to maintain a decent level in SC2.

I'd rather just not play at all than to play worse than I know I can, I guess its just a personality or psychological thing.


I agree. SC2 is hard to keep playing when your time is severely limited (all of us in school), knowing that your play is suffering from lack of practice. If I don't play for a week I can tell, I'm clumsier, I don't scout as much, etc. It's not an easy game by any means, which is why it's so fun to spectate instead of actually playing XD
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
February 14 2012 05:54 GMT
#638
I love the sharp divide between the people blaming the drop in players to flaws in the game and people blaming it on completely circumstancial events.

My guess is that it's a combination of the two, along with the fact that SC2 is not exactly a fun game to lose. Given that the laddering system is working properly, each player is going to lose about half of the time, which in turn means they'll only be having fun half of the time. I personally just enjoy the thrill of playing, so that isn't a problem for me, but I can see where other people are coming from.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
firehand101
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3152 Posts
February 14 2012 05:57 GMT
#639
I quit coz of school work
The opinions expressed by our users do not reflect the official position of TeamLiquid.net or its staff.
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
February 14 2012 06:01 GMT
#640
What i enjoyed in WC3 was the fact that you could always create a new account and start fresh. This was awesome for trying out all the races and also to try how long you could play without losing a game :D
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem438
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 438
IndyStarCraft 194
Railgan 68
BRAT_OK 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24366
Shuttle 2396
BeSt 469
Larva 377
Soma 165
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 110
Last 86
Sexy 68
hero 66
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 54
Zeus 52
Hyun 44
Killer 39
ToSsGirL 25
NaDa 23
Bale 20
Rock 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5255
qojqva2890
Dendi1272
420jenkins438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3661
Khaldor1322
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN2090
singsing1825
byalli934
B2W.Neo818
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .169
KnowMe134
QueenE93
Mew2King56
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1061
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• FirePhoenix2
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3981
League of Legends
• Nemesis2749
Other Games
• Shiphtur287
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 57m
Replay Cast
5h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 57m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 57m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 57m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.