• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8357 users

[Int]iG.XiGua post-WCG Finals Interview - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
December 12 2011 01:33 GMT
#61
On December 12 2011 00:10 MasterKush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 00:04 brachester wrote:
he said he made a lot of mistakes that's he shoulldn't have, therefore he meant that if there were no mistakes, it would have been a lot closer. Well, pretty much anyone can say this :/


Lol exactly, that's the biggest difference between players like this and the MVP's, Nestea's.

They don't make those mistakes, that's why they are better.


Couldn't have said it any better

But regardless, he placed second, congratulations are given where they are deserved
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
December 12 2011 01:34 GMT
#62
On December 12 2011 10:17 RavenLoud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 00:48 redviper wrote:
On December 12 2011 00:47 Confuse wrote:

Also, I don't understand the HotS comment. Is he basically saying the expansion is going to break the game? I admit I am not thrilled with some of the units either... we'll see I guess.


He is saying that it will break the heart of the SWARM. As in Zergs and Zerg fans.

My Chinese isn't the best, but I read that clearly as "the Heart of the Swarm has broken". I don't know how it became "break the heart".



It's a pun. Works better in Chinese :3

Heartbreak of the Swarm is probably the best way to translate it to English.
TranslatorBaa!
xtruder
Profile Joined October 2011
Afghanistan135 Posts
December 12 2011 01:41 GMT
#63
On December 12 2011 02:48 Mohdoo wrote:
Professionals such as Elfi have commented on the Chinese ladder being by far the worst ladder. Elfi said that he played a whole day and never lost a single game.


Don't forget China got SC2 only this year in June so everyone else has had a whole year on them. Elfi talking trash but then all 3 Chinese make it out of their groups and he doesn't, priceless.
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
December 12 2011 01:56 GMT
#64
IG IN GSTL???? make it happen gom! Considering gsl is broadcast in China this could be a clevermove to get more fans and viewers in both countries
wed
Profile Joined December 2011
China2 Posts
December 12 2011 02:41 GMT
#65
Xigua practice very hard,just because of this ,we should respect
even though this time fall,i think next time you can stand
nothing can stop me
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 02:46:33
December 12 2011 02:44 GMT
#66
On December 12 2011 10:56 T0fuuu wrote:
IG IN GSTL???? make it happen gom! Considering gsl is broadcast in China this could be a clevermove to get more fans and viewers in both countries


Didn't the new plan for the GSTL "encourage foreign team participation" I'd love to see iG come over

EDIT: Only issue is they have Xigua, Macsed, XY, and Comm which IIRC isn't enough players for GSTL. Unless XiaOt decided he's ready to kick more ass
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
December 12 2011 02:48 GMT
#67
Chinese balance whining is so far behind the foreigner scene haha
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Xenorawks
Profile Joined October 2011
158 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 03:15:49
December 12 2011 03:12 GMT
#68
Xigua:其实还好吧。感觉不是很大,主要是自己出了问题。

I can speak good Mandarin and I would say the direct English translation makes Xigua sounds a little... arrogant?

"吧" this word already includes doubt in Xigua's statement. Therefore I would translate it as:

"Actually I guess it was still okay, doesn't feel too big. The main problem lies with myself."

I know my translation is definitely not the best, but I do think it is more accurate than the original. He does not straight up thinks he did fine and the skill gap isn't that huge, he knows he did terribly and could have been better, that's why he feel the skill gap isn't too huge (I'm not saying he does not think that there is a skill gap). Well, guess it's just my own interpretation, do correct me if anyone out there(who is familiar with Mandarin) has objections.
swordboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada299 Posts
December 12 2011 03:19 GMT
#69
On December 12 2011 11:48 windsupernova wrote:
Chinese balance whining is so far behind the foreigner scene haha


http://fnatic.com/feature/9053/iG-Xigua-quot-You-will-remember-me-soon-quot.html

Q: What advice would you give to new zerg players looking to become professional?

XiGua: Switch to Terran…
MarineKing | ThorZaIN | IMMvp | MMA | Sase | Sen | Kas
chosenkerrigan
Profile Joined May 2011
858 Posts
December 12 2011 03:21 GMT
#70
On December 12 2011 12:12 Xenorawks wrote:
Show nested quote +
Xigua:其实还好吧。感觉不是很大,主要是自己出了问题。

I can speak good Mandarin and I would say the direct English translation makes Xigua sounds a little... arrogant?

"吧" this word already includes doubt in Xigua's statement. Therefore I would translate it as:

"Actually I guess it was still okay, doesn't feel too big. The main problem lies with myself."

I know my translation is definitely not the best, but I do think it is more accurate than the original. He does not straight up thinks he did fine and the skill gap isn't that huge, he knows he did terribly and could have been better, that's why he feel the skill gap isn't too huge (I'm not saying he does not think that there is a skill gap). Well, guess it's just my own interpretation, do correct me if anyone out there(who is familiar with Mandarin) has objections.


I'm a native mandarin speaker and I think your version of translation is as accurate as possible.
Skwid1g
Profile Joined April 2011
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 03:39:42
December 12 2011 03:37 GMT
#71
On December 12 2011 03:52 Weedk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 03:32 -stOpSKY- wrote:
On December 11 2011 23:56 Weedk wrote:
On December 11 2011 23:53 digmouse wrote:

Q: You finally played against a Korean player in the Finals, how do you feel about the skill gap between you?
A: It was fine actually, not that big, I made too many mistakes there.


This statement alone is going to cause a lot of discussion, I'm betting.

Edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
More like shitstorm. I honestly don't think he's that close to MVP's level.


Why would it cause a lot of discussion? The skill gap is no where close to BW and it is very close in terms of koreans vs foreigners.

Its not like koreans have some sort of magical genetic super gene for playing SC or any other game, they just have an incredible work ethic and practice very hard in a better environment.


Because it was mistranslated and it sounded like he was saying that there was only a small gap in between him and MVP when there was clearly a large gap in skill. And nobody ever said they had a super gene, they just have insane dedication.


Not really, Xigua looked really shaken (especially after the first set) and played poorly in comparison to what he normally does. I'm pretty sure in a bo7 he would take at least 1-2 games off MVP and it'd be relatively close. Obviously there is a skill gap, but it's nowhere near as big as most people are making it sound.

Honestly I'd say Xigua's vP is as good (or almost as good) as any Zerg's, his vT is kind of lacking though.
NaDa/Fantasy/Zero/Soulkey pls
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
December 12 2011 03:39 GMT
#72
On December 12 2011 03:52 Weedk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 03:32 -stOpSKY- wrote:
On December 11 2011 23:56 Weedk wrote:
On December 11 2011 23:53 digmouse wrote:

Q: You finally played against a Korean player in the Finals, how do you feel about the skill gap between you?
A: It was fine actually, not that big, I made too many mistakes there.


This statement alone is going to cause a lot of discussion, I'm betting.

Edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
More like shitstorm. I honestly don't think he's that close to MVP's level.


Why would it cause a lot of discussion? The skill gap is no where close to BW and it is very close in terms of koreans vs foreigners.

Its not like koreans have some sort of magical genetic super gene for playing SC or any other game, they just have an incredible work ethic and practice very hard in a better environment.


Because it was mistranslated and it sounded like he was saying that there was only a small gap in between him and MVP when there was clearly a large gap in skill. And nobody ever said they had a super gene, they just have insane dedication.


there's no mistranslation. a more literal translation of what he said would be: "actually it was okay. my feeling [was that the skill gap] wasn't that big, the main thing was i made a lot of mistakes."
Vul
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States685 Posts
December 12 2011 04:33 GMT
#73
"Do you have any closing remarks for your fans?

May be my name isn’t familiar to you now, that’s ok. But you will remember me soon. I will keep fight until I become 30 when I can’t play it anymore. Thank you for your support."

That's the weirdest response to that question I've ever seen
Jombozeus
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
China1014 Posts
December 12 2011 04:39 GMT
#74
"Heartbreak of the Swarm" is a better translation. Its a wordplay to say how much he dislikes the new expansion.
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
December 12 2011 04:50 GMT
#75

《电子竞技》杂志:明年有没有计划来韩国留学?另外对虫族之心怎么看?
Xigua:俱乐部已经有计划来韩国打比赛。另外我觉得虫族之心后虫还会继续悲剧,因为虫族之心没有翻译完,应该是“虫族之心碎了”。

I will do a bit translation on this part.

Magazine: Any plans participating in Korean tournaments in 2012? Also feeling of HOTS?
Xigua: The team has the plan to Korea. I think zerg will continue to suffer in HOTS, 'heart of the swarm' is not complete, it should be 'heart of the swarm is broken'.
Incredible Miracle
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
December 12 2011 05:31 GMT
#76
With all due respect, OP, it was a spotty translation, you missed out on a lot of the tone of the original and quite a lot of the details of his answers.

+ Show Spoiler +
《电子竞技》杂志:能总结一下所出的问题吗?
Xigua:第一把是我自己有个很大的失误,就是没有第一时间侦查到他第一个兵营,绕了很多路,后来对他的Rush没有反应时间了。第二把的地图其实我想了非常多,但是他的三坦克那一波打乱了我的节奏。因为我本来是在防他空投上做了很多准备,比如我一般都会出24条飞龙放空投。但是当时他三坦克后我判断他科技会慢,我就开始攀科技停了飞龙,当时只有12只。所以当他开始空投时,我没有足够的飞龙吃掉一船兵,节奏慢了,等他中间的行星要塞起来我就太难打了。


Xigua: I made a big mistake in Game 1, not scouting his first Barracks immediately, took the long way around, and didn't have time to react to his rush. I had thought a lot about the Game 2 map, but his 3 Tank push disrupted my rhythm. Because I was preparing a lot for his drops, for example, I usually make 24 Mutas to deny drops. But after his 3 Tank push I thought his tech would be slow so I delayed Mutas for tech, and only had 12. So I didn't have enough Mutas to take on a drop, which slowed my rhythm and the game became much too difficult after his Planetary Fortress was completed in the center.


Anyway, looking forward to seeing him in Korea.

BTW Chinese tournaments maps:
G-League:
Dual Sight
Crossfire
Tal'Darim Altar LE
Shakuras Plateau
Antiga Shipyard
Abyssal Caverns
Tarsonis Evac Point

PSTL:
Antiga Shipyard
Dual Sight
Tal'Darim Altar
Metalopolis
Shattered Temple
Crevasse
Terminus

Quite a lot of GSL/MLG maps absent, and quite a lot of old, no-longer-used maps.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
OhThatDang
Profile Joined August 2004
United States4685 Posts
December 12 2011 05:56 GMT
#77
On December 12 2011 13:33 Vul wrote:
"Do you have any closing remarks for your fans?

May be my name isn’t familiar to you now, that’s ok. But you will remember me soon. I will keep fight until I become 30 when I can’t play it anymore. Thank you for your support."

That's the weirdest response to that question I've ever seen


He will be the next PJ for zergs
troi oi thang map nai!!!
EricFartman
Profile Joined April 2010
China76 Posts
December 12 2011 05:59 GMT
#78
i think he means not huge gap between China and Korea "Top players" in SC2. coz MVP is not "TOP player", he is "god player".Even other korean like nestea have no idea against with MVP.

but i think Xigua has a lot distance between Nestea too, he playing like a child to MVP.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
December 12 2011 06:28 GMT
#79
XiGua is a total badass, didn't know he was a imba qq'er lol!

So glad to see him do so well at WCG.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
December 12 2011 06:45 GMT
#80
On December 12 2011 15:28 Diamond wrote:
XiGua is a total badass, didn't know he was a imba qq'er lol!

So glad to see him do so well at WCG.


Imba qq'ing is accepted in China, somehow. But then again racism/sexism/ageism is also more or less common and not a big deal in China, so...
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 642
ComeBackTV 559
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech145
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 47
UpATreeSC 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45087
Jaedong 1404
Hyuk 1156
Mini 677
Horang2 512
Soma 490
BeSt 480
Larva 321
Soulkey 314
Rush 283
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 282
ZerO 282
Snow 211
Last 203
hero 83
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 55
Free 37
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 23
sorry 22
Shine 21
yabsab 21
Rock 20
Trap 19
HiyA 17
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1438
Dendi891
Counter-Strike
x6flipin1088
Fnx 835
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1934
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2939
singsing2016
B2W.Neo950
hiko779
byalli443
KnowMe129
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE89
Mew2King76
Trikslyr40
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile124
• StrangeGG 23
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2750
League of Legends
• Nemesis2025
• Jankos1122
• TFBlade737
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 55m
OSC
20h 55m
Stellar Fest
20h 55m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.