• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:01
CEST 06:01
KST 13:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8746 users

Why Fin looks like one of the best in sc2 already - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 43 Next All
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
December 06 2011 21:30 GMT
#121
On December 07 2011 06:13 hmunkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 06:05 Esk23 wrote:
Fin is good but he'll lose once he meets MVP.

MVP's TvT is untouchable at the moment when he's on his game.

Yeah but MVP was also good at BW so it's ok. :D


Not really lol MVP got wtfowned by Nada that should've made him uninstall and quit. But oh how the tables have turned..
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 21:37:52
December 06 2011 21:31 GMT
#122
I expect ForGG to win 3 GSLs in a row with no losses. He is capable of forcing mistakes out of his opponent through sheer multitask superiority. Once the first mistakes have been made, only the best and most seasoned veterans of the game will be able to hold together. Everyone else just crumbles, giving ForGG more and more advantages as he picks apart the mistakes as they grow exponentially. This is a guy that would crush MVP or NesTea easily through sheer micro. I'm not going to do a major writeup on him yet but I think you get my point.

Edit: Seriously, just look at his harrassment capabilities. He doesn't just fly one or two banshees around the mineral lines, lose them after killing 7 scvs, and then say "ok, I'm done with harrassment now." He harrasses all game, like a true professional. Once he has a small advantage he will win.
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Bd.Snake
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia163 Posts
December 06 2011 21:34 GMT
#123
Hopefully he gets to the finals but then loses to nestea or Mvp to wipe that smirk off his face^^
all jks aside he looks pretty beast
Well see the thing of it is you know theres alot of ugly people out there walking around but they dont know there ugly because nobody actually tells them
Tortious_Tortoise
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States944 Posts
December 06 2011 21:35 GMT
#124
I've said several times that fOrGG will win multiple GSLs. I stand by such statements.
Treating eSports as a social science since 2011; Credo: "The system is never wrong"-- Day9 Daily #400 Part 3
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
December 06 2011 21:36 GMT
#125
On December 07 2011 06:31 hp.Shell wrote:
I expect ForGG to win 3 GSLs in a row with no losses. He is capable of forcing mistakes out of his opponent through sheer multitask superiority. Once the first mistakes have been made, only the best and most seasoned veterans of the game will be able to hold together. Everyone else just crumbles, giving ForGG more and more advantages as he picks apart the mistakes as they grow exponentially. This is a guy that would crush MVP or NesTea easily through sheer micro. I'm not going to do a major writeup on him yet but I think you get my point.


I sincerely hope this is 80% sarcasm. Though I expect ForGG to continue smashing nerds left and right I don't see him winning a gsl let alone 3 for at least another couple of seasons! His skill and potential are great but you need more then that to take down MVP in TvT. Right now he has done and impressive job of smashing though up and coming top tier/in a slump top tier players. I am really excited to see what he can bring next GSL against the best of the best!
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
December 06 2011 21:37 GMT
#126
On December 07 2011 06:35 mbr2321 wrote:
I've said several times that fOrGG will win multiple GSLs. I stand by such statements.


I'll come back to you when he doesn't

and he won't
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
December 06 2011 21:38 GMT
#127
Yeah I don't doubt his skill, but I doubt that he can take out EVERYBODY consistently as of now.
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
December 06 2011 21:38 GMT
#128
I never watched him play before, but I just checked out those GSL matches. Very impressive!!

also, imo Fin is a better name than ForGG
http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
December 06 2011 21:40 GMT
#129
fin/fOrGG is a monster to be reckoned with, cannot wait to see him in the RO16

On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
Shagg
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland825 Posts
December 06 2011 21:41 GMT
#130
On December 07 2011 06:38 Roxy wrote:
I never watched him play before, but I just checked out those GSL matches. Very impressive!!

also, imo Fin is a better name than ForGG

Yea I think so too! Go general of Finland!
"You're a pro or you're a noob. That's life"
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
December 06 2011 21:42 GMT
#131
On December 07 2011 06:36 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 06:31 hp.Shell wrote:
I expect ForGG to win 3 GSLs in a row with no losses. He is capable of forcing mistakes out of his opponent through sheer multitask superiority. Once the first mistakes have been made, only the best and most seasoned veterans of the game will be able to hold together. Everyone else just crumbles, giving ForGG more and more advantages as he picks apart the mistakes as they grow exponentially. This is a guy that would crush MVP or NesTea easily through sheer micro. I'm not going to do a major writeup on him yet but I think you get my point.


I sincerely hope this is 80% sarcasm. Though I expect ForGG to continue smashing nerds left and right I don't see him winning a gsl let alone 3 for at least another couple of seasons! His skill and potential are great but you need more then that to take down MVP in TvT. Right now he has done and impressive job of smashing though up and coming top tier/in a slump top tier players. I am really excited to see what he can bring next GSL against the best of the best!

He can win just by multitasking and harassing appropriately. It doesn't really matter if his unit composition isn't perfect. What matters is how continual his harassment is. I look forward to his first match with MVP. I expect him to win every single game, and if he doesn't it will come as a shock.
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
FILM
Profile Joined September 2010
United States663 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 21:43:31
December 06 2011 21:43 GMT
#132
The only thing that troubled me was his multi-tasking. I feel like his micro against July in game 2 with the marines was more error on July's part than anything, but more importantly he was floating 500-600 minerals on 1 base during that whole time. Sure, if it's doing as much damage as it did more power to him but his transition was a little bit awkward. His game 1 was pretty fantastic, although I think the major flaw again was on July's part as you see him making 14 zerglings after his roach/ling bust was finished.

Exciting player nonetheless, looking forward to see how he does in the long run.
Artosis:  "It's like Detroit in there."   Tasteless:  "Lots of shootings and damaged buildings."
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
December 06 2011 21:47 GMT
#133
On December 07 2011 06:36 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 06:31 hp.Shell wrote:
I expect ForGG to win 3 GSLs in a row with no losses. He is capable of forcing mistakes out of his opponent through sheer multitask superiority. Once the first mistakes have been made, only the best and most seasoned veterans of the game will be able to hold together. Everyone else just crumbles, giving ForGG more and more advantages as he picks apart the mistakes as they grow exponentially. This is a guy that would crush MVP or NesTea easily through sheer micro. I'm not going to do a major writeup on him yet but I think you get my point.


I sincerely hope this is 80% sarcasm. Though I expect ForGG to continue smashing nerds left and right I don't see him winning a gsl let alone 3 for at least another couple of seasons! His skill and potential are great but you need more then that to take down MVP in TvT. Right now he has done and impressive job of smashing though up and coming top tier/in a slump top tier players. I am really excited to see what he can bring next GSL against the best of the best!


It's only sarcasm to someone who never watched sc1 and doesn't realize the potential of these a-team players.
The Notorious Winkles
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
December 06 2011 21:47 GMT
#134
I didn't know him before he switched to SC2 but after seeins all 6 of his games in GSL I'm a already of one his biggest fans.
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
Castles
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada77 Posts
December 06 2011 21:48 GMT
#135
i dont wanna just bandwagon, but really, his play is DEVASTATING. He just smirks after his games like it was the easiest thing in the world, then hurriedly leaves the studio. I can't wait to see him with a real challenge, I'm sure hel go far
ITSGOD
Mrvoodoochild1
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1439 Posts
December 06 2011 21:48 GMT
#136
On December 07 2011 06:43 FILM wrote:
The only thing that troubled me was his multi-tasking. I feel like his micro against July in game 2 with the marines was more error on July's part than anything, but more importantly he was floating 500-600 minerals on 1 base during that whole time. Sure, if it's doing as much damage as it did more power to him but his transition was a little bit awkward. His game 1 was pretty fantastic, although I think the major flaw again was on July's part as you see him making 14 zerglings after his roach/ling bust was finished.

Exciting player nonetheless, looking forward to see how he does in the long run.

Youre troubled by the multi tasking of a former Brood War champion? I can assure that if anything his multitasking is his strength not a weakness.
"let your freak flag fly"
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 06 2011 21:48 GMT
#137
On December 07 2011 06:30 ThePurist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 06:13 hmunkey wrote:
On December 07 2011 06:05 Esk23 wrote:
Fin is good but he'll lose once he meets MVP.

MVP's TvT is untouchable at the moment when he's on his game.

Yeah but MVP was also good at BW so it's ok. :D


Not really lol MVP got wtfowned by Nada that should've made him uninstall and quit. But oh how the tables have turned..

is there a vod of this? I want to see it
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Loki57
Profile Joined February 2011
United States292 Posts
December 06 2011 21:51 GMT
#138
On December 07 2011 06:48 Mrvoodoochild1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 06:43 FILM wrote:
The only thing that troubled me was his multi-tasking. I feel like his micro against July in game 2 with the marines was more error on July's part than anything, but more importantly he was floating 500-600 minerals on 1 base during that whole time. Sure, if it's doing as much damage as it did more power to him but his transition was a little bit awkward. His game 1 was pretty fantastic, although I think the major flaw again was on July's part as you see him making 14 zerglings after his roach/ling bust was finished.

Exciting player nonetheless, looking forward to see how he does in the long run.

Youre troubled by the multi tasking of a former Brood War champion? I can assure that if anything his multitasking is his strength not a weakness.

This would also be highlighted by his build in his first game against July and how effective his banshees against Polt were. He was micro'ing multiple places while building up an army/expanding. Multi-tasking is definitely not his weakness.
"Dedication without talent is a daydream. Talent without dedication is a nightmare."
akalarry
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1978 Posts
December 06 2011 21:51 GMT
#139
the way forgg plays is how sc2 should be played imo. hopefully that style keeps working. his style is using strong aggression to out-multitask his opponents. also strong aggression leads to more varied gameplay and favors the player that can adapte more readily as more variables come up instead of the usual 200/200 deathball fight. in most games, the best defense is a strong offense, which hopefully is the case in sc2.
ThePurist
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada686 Posts
December 06 2011 21:52 GMT
#140
On December 07 2011 06:48 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 06:30 ThePurist wrote:
On December 07 2011 06:13 hmunkey wrote:
On December 07 2011 06:05 Esk23 wrote:
Fin is good but he'll lose once he meets MVP.

MVP's TvT is untouchable at the moment when he's on his game.

Yeah but MVP was also good at BW so it's ok. :D


Not really lol MVP got wtfowned by Nada that should've made him uninstall and quit. But oh how the tables have turned..

is there a vod of this? I want to see it


1. Youtube
2. MVP vs Nada
3. Here you go:



I'm sure there are more lol MVP was a nobody compared to Nada
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
SpeCial 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2009
Snow 33
NaDa 30
Bale 29
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1076
WinterStarcraft593
Other Games
summit1g8570
Doublelift2322
JimRising 678
PiGStarcraft292
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0170
Maynarde148
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• practicex 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki174
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Rush513
• Stunt258
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h
OSC
9h
Stellar Fest
9h
OSC
20h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.