• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:33
CEST 09:33
KST 16:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9515 users

[GSL] Interview with coL.MVP sC (Posted 11/16/11)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 01:39:18
November 21 2011 21:39 GMT
#1
Hey guys. This is Kevin, the translator for Team MVP. This is my first time translating an interview and posting on Teamliquid. Therefore I am very Chobo at this... so please feel free to comment if there are things I can improve on. Thank you for reading and let me know if you guys have any other interviews that you will like it to be translated. I will try my best to post consistently! Thanks!

[image loading]


How do you feel proceeding in to the Code S Round of 8?

It’s been a while since I made it to the Round of 8, so I am very happy. It’s been four seasons now since the last time I made it to the Round of 8.

After a period of struggle, you were able to finally make it into the round of 8…

I really struggled for a while. I never want to fall back down to Code A. I had such a hard time in Code S.

You beat oGs.MC twice now…

I’m actually surprised at myself too! I thought that winning the 1st game against MC will allow me to win the rest of the match easily, but MC played a style that I did not anticipate at all. Therefore my plans against him did not go well at all. Luckily I was able to proceed on to the round of 8.

Has the new patch 1.4.2 impacted your gameplay?

When I was playing against Puzzle, I played with the belief that Puzzle will not fast expand……but he fast expanded. Therefore I was surprised and ended up losing. Regarding the new patch, my teammates actually call the Ghost’s EMP a “pea shot.” The new range is that small. After that patch, the game has definitely become harder to play for me. Trying to EMP the high Templars is definitely a challenge.

Currently, the most popular strategy for Protoss player is upgrade oriented….

I’m very confident with the mid to late game against protoss, but I tend to struggle finishing up the game. But I’m very confident with my micro therefore I don’t think I’ll have any issue as long as I can successfully finish up the game.

Who do you want to play in the Round of 8?

It’s looking like IM.MVP will proceed into the round of 8, but I really want to play against Jung "Jjakji"
Ji Hoon. MVP tends to play flawlessly therefore he is a very difficult opponent to have. Also Koh "GuMiho" Byung Jae is a player with endless amount of strategies therefore he is a very difficult opponent to face against. Therefore out of the three players, Jjakji seems to be the most favorable player to play against.

Are you confident that you will proceed into the round of 4?

If I can perfect my TvT matchups, I think I can even look forward to winning the Code S. Unlike other races, playing a TvT require a lot of work and advices from the teammates.

Anything else to say?

I am leaving for Providence tomorrow. This is my first appearance in the foreign tournament therefore I will appreciate the fan’s support. If I can get through the open bracket, I think I may even be able to get to top 4.


Original Interview by Mineral
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
November 21 2011 21:41 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview. I hope all teams hire a translator to translate content for us foreigners, that way we can see everything!
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
November 21 2011 21:43 GMT
#3
Pleasure is mine! I will translate other players' interview too from other teams! ^^ so let me know if there's anyone in particular you're looking for.
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
November 21 2011 21:45 GMT
#4
Well hello and welcome !
Very interesting that MVP hired a translator, awesome.
Sadly I do not believe that he can beat MVP :D

And you might think about posting your content in the SC2 General Forum.
Where is my ACE flair
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
November 21 2011 21:47 GMT
#5
how to i do that? =( sorry im very chobo. ^^
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
November 21 2011 21:50 GMT
#6
On November 22 2011 06:47 yoonstar91 wrote:
how to i do that? =( sorry im very chobo. ^^


Well you go there
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=19
and hit " Create New Topic"
Where is my ACE flair
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
November 21 2011 21:52 GMT
#7
Thanks ^^;
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
November 21 2011 22:19 GMT
#8
:O
duk3
Profile Joined September 2010
United States807 Posts
November 21 2011 22:52 GMT
#9
Awesome, thanks for this interview.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
November 21 2011 23:42 GMT
#10
On November 22 2011 07:19 Milkis wrote:
:O


Milkis~!!!!! <3
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
November 21 2011 23:47 GMT
#11
I know the apology for potential bad english is obligatory, but seriously, you have pretty good english. I'm having a hard time finding any faults with your translation.

"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
yoonstar91
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
88 Posts
November 21 2011 23:50 GMT
#12
On November 22 2011 08:47 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
I know the apology for potential bad english is obligatory, but seriously, you have pretty good english. I'm having a hard time finding any faults with your translation.



Thank you ^^;
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
November 22 2011 01:21 GMT
#13
Hahaha cutiepie good interview
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
November 22 2011 01:38 GMT
#14
Moved to SC2 so more people see it. Also, fixed your link and added the picture.
ModeratorGodfather
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1485
BeSt 289
Soma 156
Soulkey 141
sorry 120
Mind 66
Bale 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
ZergMaN 11
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 603
Counter-Strike
edward85
Other Games
summit1g9065
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft688
C9.Mang0264
Sick190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2234
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.