• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:59
CEST 04:59
KST 11:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7944 users

1.4.2 Patch Live - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 58 Next
Irre
Profile Joined August 2010
United States646 Posts
November 08 2011 08:54 GMT
#361
great..so on NA and EU the gmaster ladder will be further dominated by protoss than it already is. Its pretty funny that all the foreign players feel they can complain about Terran imbalance when the only place its actually seen is by the best korean terrans which don't affect anyones ladder rankings. Oh well gg protoss, you'll just have to deal with even more all ins from frustrated terrans that don't want to deal with mass aoe and endless chargelot warpins that require far too much control/multitasking for mortal players. But by all means if they feel the pro level is imbalanced based on Protoss not winning things (lol) its much more important to balance the top tier (Aka korea).
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:55 GMT
#362
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


I don't think Protoss should have to deal with ghosts stripping all their shields either. Why is everything a pissing match between the races? I am not accusing Protoss of a-moving, I am saying I dislike macro not counting for shit if either side makes a tiny mistake versus enemy spellcasters.

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
SolidMoose
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1240 Posts
November 08 2011 09:02 GMT
#363
I just finished watching TOP vs Parting. Blizzard jumped on this patch way too soon.
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 09:02 GMT
#364
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


I don't think Protoss should have to deal with ghosts stripping all their shields either. Why is everything a pissing match between the races? I am not accusing Protoss of a-moving, I am saying I dislike macro not counting for shit if either side makes a tiny mistake versus enemy spellcasters.

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


If you don't bring the scv's you push will be too late.
if protoss have enough time to get 2 colossus or chargelot archon you'll be in trouble.

non all-in 1/1/1 build isn't actually that great unless you do a tonne of damage with the banshee opening, in which case you're ahead anyway.
In my experience anyway.
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 09:03 GMT
#365
On November 08 2011 17:54 Kharnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


And I've never lost a game due to misclicking the FF on the ramp and letting the mm stim timing push into my base.


If you're relying on nothing but that forcefield by the time your opponent has stim ready, then yes, it's perfectly reasonable that you have to land it properly, because you're teching rather greedily. It's just the one choke, and you really have nothing else to watch at that point.

What I'm complaining about is the fact that both sides can be one 3+ bases, with big, upgraded armies, and the fight comes down to "will you EMP me before I split your army in half with forcefields". I dislike the idea of you losing all your shields just as much as I dislike the idea of forcefields preventing me from fighting chargelots properly.

I would be far happier with a nerf to the amount of shield damage EMP does than making it harder to hit sentries with them.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 09:06 GMT
#366
On November 08 2011 18:02 Kharnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


I don't think Protoss should have to deal with ghosts stripping all their shields either. Why is everything a pissing match between the races? I am not accusing Protoss of a-moving, I am saying I dislike macro not counting for shit if either side makes a tiny mistake versus enemy spellcasters.

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


If you don't bring the scv's you push will be too late.
if protoss have enough time to get 2 colossus or chargelot archon you'll be in trouble.

non all-in 1/1/1 build isn't actually that great unless you do a tonne of damage with the banshee opening, in which case you're ahead anyway.
In my experience anyway.


I think it works better if you just use it to deny the natural, then contain as you expand behind it, then fall back to defend your relatively quick third. Banshees and tanks keep colossus back, and marines protect tanks against chargelots.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
November 08 2011 09:07 GMT
#367
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


[...]

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


You mean the macro build where you go one barracks, one factory, one starport, produces some SCVs but not too many, to leave more comfort room for the MULE. Then you produce some tank/marines/banshees, and go light pressure your opponent with it? (Bring some SCVs as well, just in case the mineral line is a bit too tight for the MULE). Sometimes you can do some damage, it's a good build ^^.
And when you're finished mining out your main, you just lift your orbital and put it in the natural, it's very economical, you save one command center at the very least.
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 09:10 GMT
#368
On November 08 2011 18:07 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


[...]

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


You mean the macro build where you go one barracks, one factory, one starport, produces some SCVs but not too many, to leave more comfort room for the MULE. Then you produce some tank/marines/banshees, and go light pressure your opponent with it? (Bring some SCVs as well, just in case the mineral line is a bit too tight for the MULE). Sometimes you can do some damage, it's a good build ^^.
And when you're finished mining out your main, you just lift your orbital and put it in the natural, it's very economical, you save one command center at the very least.


There's absolutely no need to be a dick.

No, I mean a 1/1/1 tech opening that starts like the banshee/tank/rine 9 minute all-in timing, but instead of adding extra rax, you start your natural behind it. You seek to kill or deny the natural while retaining your army, then falling back to defend your third. I've seen plenty of GM terrans do this.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
pedduck
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Thailand468 Posts
November 08 2011 09:10 GMT
#369
Still 2 expansions and many patches to come. If any of you don't like the patch, take a break for a season and come back in 2 or 3 months. That is what I am doing.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
November 08 2011 09:10 GMT
#370
Ive never 1/1/1'ed against protoss (well, i tried it once in during teampractice and it is my one and only win against anyone, they are high dia/masters i am plat. hence why its op as shit -.-) yet i find it easy as hell to beat them, they're just so predictable and simples to beat.

Drop harrass / attack them as they put up third --> force cancel ---> kill.

Even when it gets to late macro games its pretty easy, unless they go mass zealot / templar / archon. Now that shit is even harder to beat.
Useless wet fish.
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 09:11 GMT
#371
On November 08 2011 18:03 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:54 Kharnage wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


And I've never lost a game due to misclicking the FF on the ramp and letting the mm stim timing push into my base.


If you're relying on nothing but that forcefield by the time your opponent has stim ready, then yes, it's perfectly reasonable that you have to land it properly, because you're teching rather greedily. It's just the one choke, and you really have nothing else to watch at that point.

What I'm complaining about is the fact that both sides can be one 3+ bases, with big, upgraded armies, and the fight comes down to "will you EMP me before I split your army in half with forcefields". I dislike the idea of you losing all your shields just as much as I dislike the idea of forcefields preventing me from fighting chargelots properly.

I would be far happier with a nerf to the amount of shield damage EMP does than making it harder to hit sentries with them.


Personally I was hoping they would make shield upgrades reduce the amount of damage EMP does by say, 20dmg per upgrade?
That way protoss would actually get shield ups vs terran.
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 09:13 GMT
#372
On November 08 2011 18:11 Kharnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 18:03 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:54 Kharnage wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


And I've never lost a game due to misclicking the FF on the ramp and letting the mm stim timing push into my base.


If you're relying on nothing but that forcefield by the time your opponent has stim ready, then yes, it's perfectly reasonable that you have to land it properly, because you're teching rather greedily. It's just the one choke, and you really have nothing else to watch at that point.

What I'm complaining about is the fact that both sides can be one 3+ bases, with big, upgraded armies, and the fight comes down to "will you EMP me before I split your army in half with forcefields". I dislike the idea of you losing all your shields just as much as I dislike the idea of forcefields preventing me from fighting chargelots properly.

I would be far happier with a nerf to the amount of shield damage EMP does than making it harder to hit sentries with them.


Personally I was hoping they would make shield upgrades reduce the amount of damage EMP does by say, 20dmg per upgrade?
That way protoss would actually get shield ups vs terran.


I like that idea a lot. It would make EMP potent as a defense against early Immortal all-ins, but make it less of a damage dealer in the late game, and more about preventing storms and forcefields, which I think should be its primary purpose anyway.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
November 08 2011 09:15 GMT
#373
On November 08 2011 17:54 Irre wrote:
great..so on NA and EU the gmaster ladder will be further dominated by protoss than it already is. Its pretty funny that all the foreign players feel they can complain about Terran imbalance when the only place its actually seen is by the best korean terrans which don't affect anyones ladder rankings. Oh well gg protoss, you'll just have to deal with even more all ins from frustrated terrans that don't want to deal with mass aoe and endless chargelot warpins that require far too much control/multitasking for mortal players. But by all means if they feel the pro level is imbalanced based on Protoss not winning things (lol) its much more important to balance the top tier (Aka korea).


I'm getting so tired of posting this but it's not just Korea. The latest TLPD tournament win rates show protoss behind in both match ups worldwide. And they have been behind for several months.

The highest level of the game is where balance has to happen because this is the only place where players are using the races at close to their full potential. If you balance based on lower levels you will end up with the ridiculous situation where there will not be any protoss left in high level competitions. On the ladder MMR determines that you will end up with a 50% win rate regardless so it simply does not matter.


Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 09:19 GMT
#374
On November 08 2011 18:10 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 18:07 ZenithM wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


[...]

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


You mean the macro build where you go one barracks, one factory, one starport, produces some SCVs but not too many, to leave more comfort room for the MULE. Then you produce some tank/marines/banshees, and go light pressure your opponent with it? (Bring some SCVs as well, just in case the mineral line is a bit too tight for the MULE). Sometimes you can do some damage, it's a good build ^^.
And when you're finished mining out your main, you just lift your orbital and put it in the natural, it's very economical, you save one command center at the very least.


There's absolutely no need to be a dick.

No, I mean a 1/1/1 tech opening that starts like the banshee/tank/rine 9 minute all-in timing, but instead of adding extra rax, you start your natural behind it. You seek to kill or deny the natural while retaining your army, then falling back to defend your third. I've seen plenty of GM terrans do this.


GL with it, but any protoss that scouts it will assume it's all in and be warping in units like crazy. I'd be hoping to catch you in transit with chargelots or immortals.
Expansion timing is critical in PvT. You either go 1 gate expand or get an obs and wait for terran to expand. Putting your nexus down when terran is 1 basing is suicide.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
November 08 2011 09:22 GMT
#375
On November 08 2011 18:19 Kharnage wrote:
Expansion timing is critical in PvT. You either go 1 gate expand or get an obs and wait for terran to expand. Putting your nexus down when terran is 1 basing is suicide.


Actually, it's the other way round. To beat a 1-1-1 you NEED a fast expansion, or else gosu HerO/MC Phoenix/DT micro. 1basing vs a 1-1-1 does not work consistently. Look it up in the strategy guides.
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 09:26:01
November 08 2011 09:25 GMT
#376
You have two options as a Terran

1) Work a bit harder in PvT
2) Complain

Please choose the right one.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
November 08 2011 09:26 GMT
#377
On November 08 2011 18:10 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 18:07 ZenithM wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


[...]

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


You mean the macro build where you go one barracks, one factory, one starport, produces some SCVs but not too many, to leave more comfort room for the MULE. Then you produce some tank/marines/banshees, and go light pressure your opponent with it? (Bring some SCVs as well, just in case the mineral line is a bit too tight for the MULE). Sometimes you can do some damage, it's a good build ^^.
And when you're finished mining out your main, you just lift your orbital and put it in the natural, it's very economical, you save one command center at the very least.


There's absolutely no need to be a dick.

No, I mean a 1/1/1 tech opening that starts like the banshee/tank/rine 9 minute all-in timing, but instead of adding extra rax, you start your natural behind it. You seek to kill or deny the natural while retaining your army, then falling back to defend your third. I've seen plenty of GM terrans do this.


Rooh I was just joking man.
And I know of what you're talking about, don't worry. It's something very popular among EU Terran GMs I believe (not KR ones), and it's because of openings like this that PvT seems more balanced in EU. That 111 opening gives Protoss the economic edge, so if you don't do shit with your banshee, you're basically behind and your push will be crushed by raw unit count. The reason the banshee sometimes does things is because it can work against slow players.

Example (not with banshees but with a 1/1/1 hellion drop): Sjow vs Elfi at the ASUS Invitational. It was quite an awful set of games, Sjow doing a 1/1/1 expand and both players at barely 90 APM unable to defend slight harass (Sjow even losing his entire mineral line to 4 zealots, as Elfi did vs HuK)

My point is not to bash players, but this kind of openings should not work against good players (good multitaskers).

I'm so happy when someone opens banshees against me and doesn't push with the all in afterwards. 1 rax FE is way more scary, as well as good pressure openings like 2 rax.
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
November 08 2011 09:31 GMT
#378
Not big changes, but Protoss players can be happy at the little improvements they just got.

But I'm wondering, did the Immortal patch fix the 1/1/1 problem? Or did Protoss figure out how to hold it off? Or is it no longer a problem because it's considered "dirty" and Terrans stopped using it?

I mean, I don't see any material changes at all to make 1/1/1 less viable.

Finally, IMHO MMM+V/G is honestly the only consistently good TvP composition. I'll believe otherwise when Terrans consistently use Mech/Air/even Biomech compositions in a non-all-in fashion.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 09:34 GMT
#379
On November 08 2011 18:26 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 18:10 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 18:07 ZenithM wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:55 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


[...]

I am not going to 1/1/1 all-in, I am just going to play tank/marine/banshee against protoss now.


You mean the macro build where you go one barracks, one factory, one starport, produces some SCVs but not too many, to leave more comfort room for the MULE. Then you produce some tank/marines/banshees, and go light pressure your opponent with it? (Bring some SCVs as well, just in case the mineral line is a bit too tight for the MULE). Sometimes you can do some damage, it's a good build ^^.
And when you're finished mining out your main, you just lift your orbital and put it in the natural, it's very economical, you save one command center at the very least.


There's absolutely no need to be a dick.

No, I mean a 1/1/1 tech opening that starts like the banshee/tank/rine 9 minute all-in timing, but instead of adding extra rax, you start your natural behind it. You seek to kill or deny the natural while retaining your army, then falling back to defend your third. I've seen plenty of GM terrans do this.


Rooh I was just joking man.
And I know of what you're talking about, don't worry. It's something very popular among EU Terran GMs I believe (not KR ones), and it's because of openings like this that PvT seems more balanced in EU. That 111 opening gives Protoss the economic edge, so if you don't do shit with your banshee, you're basically behind and your push will be crushed by raw unit count. The reason the banshee sometimes does things is because it can work against slow players.

Example (not with banshees but with a 1/1/1 hellion drop): Sjow vs Elfi at the ASUS Invitational. It was quite an awful set of games, Sjow doing a 1/1/1 expand and both players at barely 90 APM unable to defend slight harass (Sjow even losing his entire mineral line to 4 zealots, as Elfi did vs HuK)

My point is not to bash players, but this kind of openings should not work against good players (good multitaskers).

I'm so happy when someone opens banshees against me and doesn't push with the all in afterwards. 1 rax FE is way more scary, as well as good pressure openings like 2 rax.


Well, I don't have the issue of facing GM players, so it should work fine. It's just sad because I really enjoyed playing MMM/Viking back when Protoss hadn't discovered that zealots are really, really good.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 09:36 GMT
#380
On November 08 2011 18:22 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 18:19 Kharnage wrote:
Expansion timing is critical in PvT. You either go 1 gate expand or get an obs and wait for terran to expand. Putting your nexus down when terran is 1 basing is suicide.


Actually, it's the other way round. To beat a 1-1-1 you NEED a fast expansion, or else gosu HerO/MC Phoenix/DT micro. 1basing vs a 1-1-1 does not work consistently. Look it up in the strategy guides.


sorry, I think you're missing my point.

If you HAVEN'T fast expanded, for what ever reason and then you scout a 1/1/1 build (obs, hallu pheonix, pick your poison) the WORST thing to do now is expand.
you are by far better off dumping everything into army or getting some sort of tech edge (DT, immortal, whatever).
putting an expansion down now is too late, you don't get enough economy in time to justify it, won't have enough army to defend it and will lose to the 1 base terran push.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 187
Terrorterran 17
Bale 15
Noble 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
Doublelift6151
JimRising 786
Counter-Strike
taco 318
Other Games
summit1g11899
C9.Mang0375
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1246
BasetradeTV151
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo260
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 1m
Replay Cast
20h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.