• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:58
CEST 02:58
KST 09:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9692 users

1.4.2 Patch Live - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 58 Next
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:10 GMT
#341
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 08:13 GMT
#342
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


soooo, nothing has changed then?
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
November 08 2011 08:19 GMT
#343
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


And your rank is? Below master?
This patch is totally fine believe it or not.
Assaulter
Profile Joined December 2010
Lithuania324 Posts
November 08 2011 08:26 GMT
#344
On November 08 2011 12:10 ReignFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

dude if you don't like how ur fucking race works, JUST SWITCH

for fuck sake u're not even complaining about balance right now

then how about all you protosses stop whining about YOUR race and switch?
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:28 GMT
#345
On November 08 2011 17:13 Kharnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


soooo, nothing has changed then?


I still preferred to play bio because 1/1/1 is such a cheap win.

On November 08 2011 17:19 darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


And your rank is? Below master?
This patch is totally fine believe it or not.


What does my rank have to do with anything? It will make hitting EMPs quite a bit harder, which will make bio non-viable for me personally. I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.

I'm not saying EMP was fine, I just don't agree with how it was fixed. It will be much harder to get sentry energy, and with forcefields in play, I can't beat chargelot heavy comps.

I'm not qualified to make statements about pro level balance issues, but I am qualified to say how this patch affects me personally, i.e. it makes late game bio too fragile.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
November 08 2011 08:30 GMT
#346
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:13 Kharnage wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


soooo, nothing has changed then?


I still preferred to play bio because 1/1/1 is such a cheap win.

Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:19 darkness wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


And your rank is? Below master?
This patch is totally fine believe it or not.


What does my rank have to do with anything? It will make hitting EMPs quite a bit harder, which will make bio non-viable for me personally. I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.

I'm not saying EMP was fine, I just don't agree with how it was fixed. It will be much harder to get sentry energy, and with forcefields in play, I can't beat chargelot heavy comps.

I'm not qualified to make statements about pro level balance issues, but I am qualified to say how this patch affects me personally, i.e. it makes late game bio too fragile.


Hey, Protoss players who go for High Templar feel the exact same way about using feedback on ghosts!
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
jurch
Profile Joined December 2009
Slovenia60 Posts
November 08 2011 08:31 GMT
#347
Come on guys. It's a virtual race! Calm the F down.

About the patch: only time will tell... Although the changes seem in order on paper but we'll just have to see.
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:31 GMT
#348
On November 08 2011 17:30 Whitewing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:13 Kharnage wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


soooo, nothing has changed then?


I still preferred to play bio because 1/1/1 is such a cheap win.

On November 08 2011 17:19 darkness wrote:
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.


And your rank is? Below master?
This patch is totally fine believe it or not.


What does my rank have to do with anything? It will make hitting EMPs quite a bit harder, which will make bio non-viable for me personally. I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.

I'm not saying EMP was fine, I just don't agree with how it was fixed. It will be much harder to get sentry energy, and with forcefields in play, I can't beat chargelot heavy comps.

I'm not qualified to make statements about pro level balance issues, but I am qualified to say how this patch affects me personally, i.e. it makes late game bio too fragile.


Hey, Protoss players who go for High Templar feel the exact same way about using feedback on ghosts!


I don't doubt it. They should have nerfed shield damage instead of the radius, because the primary use of the ghost should be to nullify enemy casters (sentries/HTs) instead of turning the Protoss army into papier mache.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 08:32 GMT
#349
I don't get it.

Look at the recent protoss buffs.

Warp prism
Immortal range
Upgrade costs

All these things encourage protoss to move away from the often criticized 1A style protoss death ball and 4 gate and everyone hates on it.
These buffs all encourage macro style play from protoss. this is bad?

The ghost nerf is long over due and they still out range templar, have more hp, move faster, can cloak, can be healed with the rest of the bio ball, can shoot things when they are out of energy, no merging required, and are one of the cheapest caster units in the game!
How can any terran seriously be crying foul on this one?
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 08 2011 08:35 GMT
#350
lol@all the Terran qq.

Terran dominates since release, get over it
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
November 08 2011 08:38 GMT
#351
Yay. Now Ghosts will only be totally dominating, as opposed to unreal absurdly dominating.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Naphal
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany2099 Posts
November 08 2011 08:39 GMT
#352
i am a plat terran and at least at my level nothing should really change, i dont 1/1/1 so its always marine marauder, go scout, see colossi, build vikings, dont see them, build medivacs, add ghosts, when i have a third i add what was missing to my
mmmvg and go for it, i over emp the same spots as it is, and what i really need are some emps on the zealots and one or two on the high templars, then i either win or was outplayed / outmacroed anyways, i dont think too deeply about this xD probably saves me alot of time and nerdrage.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
November 08 2011 08:39 GMT
#353
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.



cuz you have like no skill at all and abuse this build ? xD

funny !
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
riez_n
Profile Joined November 2011
Philippines5 Posts
November 08 2011 08:40 GMT
#354
nice.

downloading it right now!
Woo Woo Woo! You know it!
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:46 GMT
#355
On November 08 2011 12:35 SoKHo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 12:30 IlIlIlIl wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:26 SoKHo wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:22 ZorBa.G wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:09 Daralii wrote:
On November 08 2011 12:07 ZorBa.G wrote:
OK, I must admit that I'm a sad Marine now.

How come Terran doesn't get a powerful unit that we can simply a move with hardly any micro? Zergs get the broodlord, Toss gett the collossi... all in the meantime us Terrans keep getting nerfed and are expected to micro EVEN MORE!

I used to do the 1 rax fe and 2 rax pressure fe builds against Toss.....

I'm debating wether if I should now resort to doing the 1-1-1. If us Terrans keep spamming the 1-1-1 build, we'll just see more continous QQ from other races accusing us Terrans of being imba. I think we should just do the 1 rax fe builds now and hope to god we don't get nerfed even more.

Hang on, what am I saying? No matter what Terran does, we will just keep getting nerfed lol. Screw it, I'm spamming 1-1-1 against every fkn toss now.

I feel sorry for new players that are introduced to the game a couple years from now. It will be like, "Why the fuck do I have to micro so god damn much just to stay even with a toss or zerg army? They can just a move me!" I will reply "Well, back in the day everyone constantly QQ'd about the Terran race and basically blizzard just nerfed it into the ground, so don't bother with Terran.... just go play Toss or Zerg and simply macro a move "

Hasn't everyone been arguing since beta that there isn't enough in SC2 that rewards good micro? Is expecting you to micro really that big a deal?



Well to be quiet honest, Iove the Terran race because of how micro intensive it is. But one has to draw a line between being able to achieve only so much with this micro whereas the other 2 races can pretty much A move and achieve the same thing. Don't even even try to make excuses how how toss and zerg armies require so much micro, it's a load of crap. Come and play Terran and you will realise just how much micro you essentially need to put in to achieve what another race can by simply a moving.

Where is the fungal radius nerf?

Why not increase sentry FF cost? At least toss will actually be more conservative of the FF's instead of just spamming a freaking line. Yeeaaaaah! boi spamming force fields takes SKILL!


races are different. Yes Terran micro is the hardest, but their macro is far the easiest and the best. Stop whining.

Um I think protoss macro is the easiest honestly...


well i don't want to derail the thread too much, but terran is definitely the easiest to macro with. 1) mules (very forgiving) 2) supply drop (again newb friendly) 3) You can queue units (in case you forget), whereas protoss, it's harder to spend your money than terran 4) when you warp in with protoss you have to go to the location to warp in whereas as terran, you just do 3aaadddadddd. Im not saying toss is way harder, but it is definitely not easier than terran macro. I played both races at mid-high master and yes terran micro is harder, but terran has the easiest macro in the game


It's not harder to spend money as protoss. Keep one tech structure pumping power units (colo or immortals). High on minerals? Spend this warpin cycle on zealots. High on gas? Spend warpin cycle on templars or sentries. Need anti-air? Spam stalkers. The only easy part of Terran macro is the town hall ability, actual unit production requires the most base management of all the races. Doing 3aaadddaadddd requires you to build rax with specific addons ahead of time. Going from stalker heavy to zealot heavy doesn't require any infrastructure changes at all, and you can reinforce where your battle is, instead of having to constantly go back to your rally point to grab more units (unless you like them move commanding across the map in single file, ready to be picked off).

And I don't understand how queueing is a benefit. It's one of the things I used to work on most about my macro, to make sure I *don't* queue while constantly building.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:48 GMT
#356
On November 08 2011 17:39 NexCa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:10 yeint wrote:
Okay, I guess I'm going to 1/1/1 every TvP now.



cuz you have like no skill at all and abuse this build ? xD

funny !


Yes. I suck enough at landing EMPs on sentries, and without EMPing sentries, I die to chargelot/colossus because I can't kite the zealots.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Kamikiri
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1319 Posts
November 08 2011 08:48 GMT
#357
As a Zerg player this patch looks pretty good for PvZ I am happy for it, looks like it will make it a bit easier and safer for Protoss to take a third which is a good thing. What is that Starcraft master portrait though, does anyone know? I can't see it in the screenshot.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 08:53:47
November 08 2011 08:49 GMT
#358
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based spell-reliant MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
November 08 2011 08:51 GMT
#359
On November 08 2011 17:39 Naphal wrote:
i am a plat terran and at least at my level nothing should really change, i dont 1/1/1 so its always marine marauder, go scout, see colossi, build vikings, dont see them, build medivacs, add ghosts, when i have a third i add what was missing to my
mmmvg and go for it, i over emp the same spots as it is, and what i really need are some emps on the zealots and one or two on the high templars, then i either win or was outplayed / outmacroed anyways, i dont think too deeply about this xD probably saves me alot of time and nerdrage.


Do you not face a lot of chargelots or something? I don't really care so much about HT as I do about forcefields and chargelots.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
November 08 2011 08:54 GMT
#360
On November 08 2011 17:49 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 17:28 yeint wrote:
I really dislike the idea of my army counting for nothing if I don't land 3-4 spells correctly at the exact time.


*Wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

I feel for you bro. Going up against all those 1-A Chargelot/Sentry/HT compositions must be hard with such a skill-based MMG composition. It's outrageous that this patch forces you to 1-1-1 every game too. [/sarcasm]


And I've never lost a game due to misclicking the FF on the ramp and letting the mm stim timing push into my base.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings82
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 187
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1063
ZZZero.O 160
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4069
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
Other Games
summit1g10621
C9.Mang0266
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1120
BasetradeTV46
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP125
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 2m
Replay Cast
22h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.