• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:17
CEST 07:17
KST 14:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7275 users

TL interviews Dustin Browder at Blizzcon - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
579 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 29 Next All
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
October 25 2011 01:24 GMT
#141
YES! I've been waiting for this for a while!!

Thanks for the interview and thanks for uploading!! TL is the best zomg...
dcsoda
Profile Joined June 2011
United States583 Posts
October 25 2011 01:24 GMT
#142
Good interview. I'm glad Blizzard is careful in who they talk to. Plenty of pros and most of the people on these boards (me included) have no idea how game design works or should be done.

You can't really predict what strategies will evolve with the number of people playing this game. I love the idea of putting stuff in that they find cool. What else do you want them to do?
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 01:25:18
October 25 2011 01:24 GMT
#143
On October 25 2011 09:40 ffadicted wrote:
It's a terran shirt cuz of wings of liberty lol some ppl

Great interview guys, great job kennigit, certainly a lot of interesting answers. I'm really looking forward to beta, I'm still not convinced any any of the new units except the viper


Well no, actually, this event is for Heart of The Swarm, a Zerg-focused expansion (although they are getting the fewest new units).

ZERG SHIRT OR SHENANIGANS, BROWDER
Fleebenworth
Profile Joined April 2011
463 Posts
October 25 2011 01:25 GMT
#144
Great questions but pretty standard corporate stonewalling on anything you might actually be interested in (lan, maps, etc), raiiiiiiiiight?

On a side note am I the only one who has noticed how frequently they seem to qualify any discussion of the replicant with "if it even makes it into the game"? Perhaps I am a bit too cynical but it really makes me wonder what percentage of this stuff they just came up with to have something interesting to show at blizzcon.
Finskie
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden412 Posts
October 25 2011 01:25 GMT
#145
kennigit fighting~

two things bugged the shit out of me. his abuse of the word "right" and that he seem to have a reverse sunglass-tan.

in terms of his responses and the questions, i think kennigit did a very good job even thought dustin kind of jumped ahead and didnt let him finish the questions. also rofl about the maps.
Violet.
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
October 25 2011 01:25 GMT
#146
Probably would have been a little rude to ask, but it would have been nice if you mentioned the fact that all of the work regarding LAN has already been done for them, thanks to the LAN hack. And maybe asked him if he's even aware of that hack.

Good interview though.
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 01:26:27
October 25 2011 01:25 GMT
#147
On October 25 2011 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 10:04 Theeakoz wrote:
Guys I have a solution, go read it and if you like it upvote it
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lnt62/from_what_i_saw_on_the_tl_interview_with_dustin/

I don't think anyone wants to listen to a person who would provide a link to their comment posted on another forum as a new thread containing a link to the thread they're replying to as a reference.

The idea is there, I sent it on reddit because it is easier to get noticed there. Then I provided a link for the redditors in case they don't know what I am talking about.
The idea is the important thing, if you want to comment, comment on the idea.
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
p1cKLes
Profile Joined November 2010
United States342 Posts
October 25 2011 01:25 GMT
#148
I love the changes in HotS. Great interview! Tough questions with some great answers. It really gave me much more insight into why they made certain decisions with WoL.

I wish we could get this type of Q&A with Blizzard more often. I think it would go along way to calming the community and minimize some of the over reactions.
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 01:28:08
October 25 2011 01:26 GMT
#149
i like dustin browder

he may sidestep a little bit but he's pretty good with giving a straight answer. you can tell by the interview that he's a smart guy and i really don't get the hate that he's are getting.

blizzard is doing such a good job at balancing and they're balancing especially for the pros. i can't think of another game where they put in as much effort as they do to balance especially for top level play.

the strongest and best part of dustin browders balancing philosophy is to not take uneducated opinions from the community. that takes balls and that is good for the game. #1 rule guys, dustin browder knows more about balancing than you.
p1cKLes
Profile Joined November 2010
United States342 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 01:29:47
October 25 2011 01:27 GMT
#150
On October 25 2011 09:40 shindigs wrote:
I like his discussion over the Creep Tumors. Really interesting how something that started out with negative feedback turn into something very definitive of Zerg.
I agree, I thought this was real interesting...


Someone mentioned they liked Dustin Browder. I agree... seemed real down to earth and gave some very straight and intelligent answers. Did he side step some stuff, yes, but at the end of the day he works for a highly secretive company and has to be careful with what he says.
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
October 25 2011 01:27 GMT
#151
On October 25 2011 10:25 Theeakoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On October 25 2011 10:04 Theeakoz wrote:
Guys I have a solution, go read it and if you like it upvote it
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lnt62/from_what_i_saw_on_the_tl_interview_with_dustin/

I don't think anyone wants to listen to a person who would provide a link to their comment posted on another forum as a new thread containing a link to the thread they're replying to as a reference.

The idea is there, I sent it on reddit because it is easier to get noticed there. Then I provided a link for the redditors in case they don't know what I am talking about.
The idea is the important thing, if you want to comment, comment on the idea.


Why don't you just copy n paste why you typed on reddit, and then at the bottom provide a link to it...

Snitches get stiches
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
October 25 2011 01:27 GMT
#152
I hate how hes so well spoken and seems like a smart well intentioned guy but sometimes just the craziest weird actions/lack of action comes from blizzard and it just makes you wtf, nice interview anyway good questions good answers.
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
October 25 2011 01:27 GMT
#153
I thought this was an excellent interview, especially the map making question.
And I laughed a little bit when he said "I wish we got the bunker right quicker", and then realized it wasn't a joke.

Also, how are people posting that they loved the interview, or that it was a great interview, five minutes after it was posted... It's a nineteen minute interview :/
lowercase
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1047 Posts
October 25 2011 01:29 GMT
#154
On October 25 2011 10:24 FreudianTrip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 10:20 lowercase wrote:
Great interview, but I still don't have a lot of faith in Browder. I think he's living in a developer's bubble of statistics and models, but I don't think he really pays much attention to the anecdotal balance opinions of the community. Plus, he plays Terran and thinks the game is balanced...


Did you just say about balance, ignore statistics listen to anecdotal evidence...? Really?

Yes, really. If your stats aren't matching up with real-world evidence, you may need to re-evaluate your statistical methods. This is quite common in science. It's pure hubris if you put complete faith in your model and discount the public who can, if you listen, tell you a thing or two you may have missed.
That is not dead which can eternal lie...
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
October 25 2011 01:29 GMT
#155
Awesome interview. Right? Totally? But actually no I gained a huge amount of respect for Browder in this. A lot of his points are spot on.

They have no idea if +1 immortal range is going to do anything or flip the game upside down, because frankly there are only so many of them and they're not all pros.

Also really liked the "Anything can be dropped. Were not even in beta yet." I hope some of the idiots saying VIPER OP, ORACLE USELESS, remember that, because right now they are just focusing on basic ideas and concepts.

Honestly if HoTS is realeased exactly like it is now, I will eat my foot.
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Versita
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada1032 Posts
October 25 2011 01:29 GMT
#156
great interview, thanks kennigit.
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 01:35:18
October 25 2011 01:30 GMT
#157
On October 25 2011 10:27 FryktSkyene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 10:25 Theeakoz wrote:
On October 25 2011 10:20 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
On October 25 2011 10:04 Theeakoz wrote:
Guys I have a solution, go read it and if you like it upvote it
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lnt62/from_what_i_saw_on_the_tl_interview_with_dustin/

I don't think anyone wants to listen to a person who would provide a link to their comment posted on another forum as a new thread containing a link to the thread they're replying to as a reference.

The idea is there, I sent it on reddit because it is easier to get noticed there. Then I provided a link for the redditors in case they don't know what I am talking about.
The idea is the important thing, if you want to comment, comment on the idea.


Why don't you just copy n paste why you typed on reddit, and then at the bottom provide a link to it...


I didn't completely understand what you asked me to do here, but I guess I can copy the text and post it on this thread I have done it already, but here I'll do it again.
"They need 3 community picked legitimate pros in their balance team that turn in their reports every week. 3, one from each race. They work a part time online as representatives. The community picks new ones after a certain period of time. We vote and chose pros then they represent for a period of time, and then, new pros will become candidates and we vote again. We can also give them some benefits for doing this for the community."
I did my part, thought it was an applicable and legit idea that was good the future of e-sports...
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
October 25 2011 01:32 GMT
#158
his dodging one the LAN question was pretty funny. otherwise, this improved my opinion of DB a bit. I no longer thing he's actively trying to screw up the game. I just think he's inexperienced and doesn't know what he's doing now. either that or DK is pulling more strings.
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 25 2011 01:33 GMT
#159
That was a good interview, and I feel Mr. Browder articulated his points very well. However, I don't really agree with how he throws theme out the window, just tries to add in cool stuff, and seems to try and appeal to the casual players (like about shredder drops.)

Aside: Kennigit is sexy. :3
darkness overpowering
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
October 25 2011 01:34 GMT
#160
On October 25 2011 10:29 lowercase wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2011 10:24 FreudianTrip wrote:
On October 25 2011 10:20 lowercase wrote:
Great interview, but I still don't have a lot of faith in Browder. I think he's living in a developer's bubble of statistics and models, but I don't think he really pays much attention to the anecdotal balance opinions of the community. Plus, he plays Terran and thinks the game is balanced...


Did you just say about balance, ignore statistics listen to anecdotal evidence...? Really?

Yes, really. If your stats aren't matching up with real-world evidence, you may need to re-evaluate your statistical methods. This is quite common in science. It's pure hubris if you put complete faith in your model and discount the public who can, if you listen, tell you a thing or two you may have missed.


the problem is that the amount of people who actually know what they're talking about in the sc2 community is sooo low, and they already get opinions from the special people who are intelligent and knowledgeable enough to critique the game.

when you say "community" im getting a feel that you want DB to listen to what people like you are saying. your sc2 resume and credentials are not good enough. sorry buddy if he took advice from every person the game would suck.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1301
910 97
Hyun 92
NotJumperer 52
Bale 41
Noble 18
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King117
Other Games
summit1g7357
Coldzera 732
hungrybox616
JimRising 608
WinterStarcraft363
C9.Mang0298
PiGStarcraft234
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Rush1101
• Lourlo901
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 43m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5h 43m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
18h 43m
Patches Events
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.