• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:56
CEST 18:56
KST 01:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8184 users

Heart of the Swarm Pre-Order - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
733 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 37 Next All
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 03:21:22
March 02 2012 03:20 GMT
#621
On March 02 2012 12:08 oxxo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 11:50 Candadar wrote:
On March 02 2012 11:46 FieryBalrog wrote:
$15?

Call me the next time you see a AAA expansion for $15.

Motherfuckin' BROOD WAR was $30 in 1998.

$15 buys you 3 horse armor nowadays. Good luck with that.


Brood War offered 3 new campaigns.

You know, since we're going down the "Campaigns matter" path. I personally think the campaign is rather a waste of time and shouldn't be considered at all in these discussions since, at the end of the day, all anyone cares about is the multiplayer. However, if people are going to trot around going, "Oh, but you get a full new campaign! It's worth $40!" -- know this. Brood War gave 3 new campaigns and 3 new units per race, and it was still cheaper than this expansion.

I don't mind the price as much, especially since they may lower it. However, what I am worried about is that this game still costs $60 in a lot of places as it stands and by the time this expansion comes out, it could potentially cost $100 to even start playing at the current level. Think about that for a moment: one hundred dollars, just to start playing a game. Do you honestly think that that is going to encourage new players to start in an already dwindling community overall? I hope they lower the price, or they do some sick bundle deal honestly.


Aren't we over the whole '1 campaign it's a rip off' garbage by now? If it makes you feel better you can think of HotS as 3 zerg campaigns or WoL as 3 T campaigns. The number of missions is (essentially) the same. The number of new units/changes is essentially the same.

As for cheaper, yes but that was 10+ years ago. Brood Wars was more expensive in today money (~$43).

$40 has been the norm for Blizzard expansions since WC3. It's not going to hurt sales.


If you took the time to properly read my post, I said I find the use of including campaigns into cost at all rather arbitrary since ultimately all anyone cares about is the multiplayer. But since people feel the need to bring the campaign into it, I'd bring up the fact that there were 3 campaigns in Brood War yet it was cheaper with the precise amount of new units added as well.

Also, that's a nice little fact there. You know precisely how many missions are in the HotS campaign, their length each, and comparatively analyzed them to the length and amount of campaign missions in Brood War? Hot damn, where did you get this information?

Times change, people have a low attention span. All I'm saying is, I hope they do some good bundle deals so newer players aren't turned off by a high starting price.
Riquiz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands402 Posts
March 02 2012 03:22 GMT
#622
I'm really curious towards if there will be a collectors edition :D
Caster man does casting on yt/RiquizCasts
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
March 02 2012 03:23 GMT
#623
I really don't get what the point of preordering the game before a release date is even set is. Just to show support, or what?
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 04:35:18
March 02 2012 04:33 GMT
#624
On March 02 2012 11:50 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 11:46 FieryBalrog wrote:
$15?

Call me the next time you see a AAA expansion for $15.

Motherfuckin' BROOD WAR was $30 in 1998.

$15 buys you 3 horse armor nowadays. Good luck with that.


Brood War offered 3 new campaigns.


Which were much smaller and less involved than the current campaign. Some small talking portraits between missions, missions were basically straight up skirmish maps, etc.

The number of campaigns is a nonsensical stat.

If you took Wings of Liberty and the 30 missions into 3 sets of ten, that is according to you more of a game?
I will eat you alive
Rainier206
Profile Joined September 2011
United States59 Posts
March 02 2012 07:24 GMT
#625
Goodbye SC2 if it ends up costing $50+
Lewis`
Profile Joined December 2010
20 Posts
March 02 2012 10:17 GMT
#626
Id love to preorder but i only have paypal :\
OrD_SC2
Profile Joined February 2012
United States247 Posts
March 02 2012 17:10 GMT
#627
Hopefully the timing of the release allows it to be smoothly picked up by competitive participants - that would mean a release date around early November for the resumption of the competitive season in Feb 2013 (assuming the world doesn't end that much).

I'd hate to see a splintering of (and therefore weakening) of the competitive scene.
Baldie disapproved of my last status, TT
Tarot
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada440 Posts
March 02 2012 17:14 GMT
#628
On March 02 2012 16:24 Rainier206 wrote:
Goodbye SC2 if it ends up costing $50+

Lucky for you then, no need to say goodbye.
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
March 02 2012 17:25 GMT
#629
On March 02 2012 16:24 Rainier206 wrote:
Goodbye SC2 if it ends up costing $50+


You know computer games do lower in price after a few months. Even if they do start overpriced, you could just wait for the price to drop.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
March 02 2012 17:26 GMT
#630
On March 02 2012 16:24 Rainier206 wrote:
Goodbye SC2 if it ends up costing $50+


why? For 60$ I've gotten 1.5 years so far of tons of entertainment. It was super worth it in my opinion and I would gladly pay 60 bucks again. I would prefer cheaper sure but in terms of return on my dollar it was very very worth it.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
SpeCtor
Profile Joined August 2010
233 Posts
March 02 2012 17:29 GMT
#631
Is there a referral link for the UK/EU on Amazon?
fuzzz
Profile Joined October 2010
267 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 17:34:53
March 02 2012 17:34 GMT
#632
at the moment 55€ for germoney at least
usa lol
SherlockTV
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada14 Posts
March 02 2012 17:40 GMT
#633
$40 bucks ... could be worse...
Dew.
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil104 Posts
March 02 2012 17:41 GMT
#634
On March 02 2012 12:20 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 12:08 oxxo wrote:
On March 02 2012 11:50 Candadar wrote:
On March 02 2012 11:46 FieryBalrog wrote:
$15?

Call me the next time you see a AAA expansion for $15.

Motherfuckin' BROOD WAR was $30 in 1998.

$15 buys you 3 horse armor nowadays. Good luck with that.


Brood War offered 3 new campaigns.

You know, since we're going down the "Campaigns matter" path. I personally think the campaign is rather a waste of time and shouldn't be considered at all in these discussions since, at the end of the day, all anyone cares about is the multiplayer. However, if people are going to trot around going, "Oh, but you get a full new campaign! It's worth $40!" -- know this. Brood War gave 3 new campaigns and 3 new units per race, and it was still cheaper than this expansion.

I don't mind the price as much, especially since they may lower it. However, what I am worried about is that this game still costs $60 in a lot of places as it stands and by the time this expansion comes out, it could potentially cost $100 to even start playing at the current level. Think about that for a moment: one hundred dollars, just to start playing a game. Do you honestly think that that is going to encourage new players to start in an already dwindling community overall? I hope they lower the price, or they do some sick bundle deal honestly.


Aren't we over the whole '1 campaign it's a rip off' garbage by now? If it makes you feel better you can think of HotS as 3 zerg campaigns or WoL as 3 T campaigns. The number of missions is (essentially) the same. The number of new units/changes is essentially the same.

As for cheaper, yes but that was 10+ years ago. Brood Wars was more expensive in today money (~$43).

$40 has been the norm for Blizzard expansions since WC3. It's not going to hurt sales.


If you took the time to properly read my post, I said I find the use of including campaigns into cost at all rather arbitrary since ultimately all anyone cares about is the multiplayer. But since people feel the need to bring the campaign into it, I'd bring up the fact that there were 3 campaigns in Brood War yet it was cheaper with the precise amount of new units added as well.

Also, that's a nice little fact there. You know precisely how many missions are in the HotS campaign, their length each, and comparatively analyzed them to the length and amount of campaign missions in Brood War? Hot damn, where did you get this information?

Times change, people have a low attention span. All I'm saying is, I hope they do some good bundle deals so newer players aren't turned off by a high starting price.


What?? How the hell do u came to the conclusion that it might cost a 100 bucks? Maybe in 2015 or something, not next year.

I do care for the campaign by the way, so dont go with that no-one-gives-a-crap-about-the-campaign thing.

$30 in 1998 was pretty damn expensive, dont u think so?
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 02 2012 18:14 GMT
#635
On March 03 2012 02:41 Dew. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 12:20 Candadar wrote:
On March 02 2012 12:08 oxxo wrote:
On March 02 2012 11:50 Candadar wrote:
On March 02 2012 11:46 FieryBalrog wrote:
$15?

Call me the next time you see a AAA expansion for $15.

Motherfuckin' BROOD WAR was $30 in 1998.

$15 buys you 3 horse armor nowadays. Good luck with that.


Brood War offered 3 new campaigns.

You know, since we're going down the "Campaigns matter" path. I personally think the campaign is rather a waste of time and shouldn't be considered at all in these discussions since, at the end of the day, all anyone cares about is the multiplayer. However, if people are going to trot around going, "Oh, but you get a full new campaign! It's worth $40!" -- know this. Brood War gave 3 new campaigns and 3 new units per race, and it was still cheaper than this expansion.

I don't mind the price as much, especially since they may lower it. However, what I am worried about is that this game still costs $60 in a lot of places as it stands and by the time this expansion comes out, it could potentially cost $100 to even start playing at the current level. Think about that for a moment: one hundred dollars, just to start playing a game. Do you honestly think that that is going to encourage new players to start in an already dwindling community overall? I hope they lower the price, or they do some sick bundle deal honestly.


Aren't we over the whole '1 campaign it's a rip off' garbage by now? If it makes you feel better you can think of HotS as 3 zerg campaigns or WoL as 3 T campaigns. The number of missions is (essentially) the same. The number of new units/changes is essentially the same.

As for cheaper, yes but that was 10+ years ago. Brood Wars was more expensive in today money (~$43).

$40 has been the norm for Blizzard expansions since WC3. It's not going to hurt sales.


If you took the time to properly read my post, I said I find the use of including campaigns into cost at all rather arbitrary since ultimately all anyone cares about is the multiplayer. But since people feel the need to bring the campaign into it, I'd bring up the fact that there were 3 campaigns in Brood War yet it was cheaper with the precise amount of new units added as well.

Also, that's a nice little fact there. You know precisely how many missions are in the HotS campaign, their length each, and comparatively analyzed them to the length and amount of campaign missions in Brood War? Hot damn, where did you get this information?

Times change, people have a low attention span. All I'm saying is, I hope they do some good bundle deals so newer players aren't turned off by a high starting price.


What?? How the hell do u came to the conclusion that it might cost a 100 bucks? Maybe in 2015 or something, not next year.

I do care for the campaign by the way, so dont go with that no-one-gives-a-crap-about-the-campaign thing.

$30 in 1998 was pretty damn expensive, dont u think so?


$60 for SC2: WoL
$40 for Heart of the Swarm
60+40=100

Difficult, I know.
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 21:48:00
March 02 2012 20:58 GMT
#636
LOL, I can safely say I have played at least 100 hours of SC2 since I bought it(and I have not been as much as I used to) 100 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks seems like a pretty awesome deal for me.

40 bucks for the expansion that hopefully I will be able to play as much or more than vainilla is not really a bad deal. And we all knew the expansions were coming since the beggining so if you couldn't save up the 40 bucks you've gotmore stuff to worry about than videogames.

I mean if it was only a SP player expansion I can see how it may seem too expensive(and even then its debatable because people can value stuff differently) but IMO the value its not really that bad.

Unless you are one of those people who barely plays and just watches streams. But then if you are not playing the game you payed for its your own damn fault if you feel you didn't get enough value out of it

Also its not only units they are adding(apart from the SP campaign which i will play and get all achievements like I did for WoL) they are also improving the graphics and added more physics.

Its your choice in the end but as I said its not really a bad investment for a game you are going to play a ton.

E: About the whole starting price thing. Isn't HoS a standalone expansion? I remember reading about that somewhere. Even if its not there will probably be bundles
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
March 02 2012 21:02 GMT
#637
Price really isn't an issue for me when it comes to shit like SC2. This isn't like I'm buying some single player RPG, where I'm hoping beyond hope i don't get sick of it within 40 hours.

I can't even begin to count the amount of hours I've put into Sc2...
SomeONEx
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden641 Posts
March 02 2012 21:06 GMT
#638
Can't wait for the release!!!

Also, if you don't wish to buy HotS because it's to expensive, please don't bring your hate and bad attitudes here! This is a thread for loving the new expansion and Blizzard Entertainment, not whine about how much 40 bucks is worth. If you HAVE to open your heart, do it on battle.net forums, where Blizzard MIGHT read it and MAYBE change it, won't happen when posting here though!

Big hearts to Blizzard for bringing us this freakin' awesome game and as said, I CAN'T WAIT!!!
BW hwaiting!
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
March 02 2012 21:07 GMT
#639
On March 03 2012 05:58 windsupernova wrote:
LOL, I can safely say I have played at least 100 hours of SC2 since I bought it(and I have not been as much as I used to) 100 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks seems like a pretty awesome deal for me.

40 bucks for the expansion that hopefully I will be able to play as much or more than vainilla is not really a bad deal. And we all knew the expansions were coming since the beggining so if you couldn't save up the 40 bucks you've gotmore stuff to worry about than videogames.

I mean if it was only a SP player expansion I can see how it may seem too expensive(and even then its debatable because people can value stuff differently) but IMO the value its not really that bad.

Unless you are one of those people who barely plays and just watches streams. But then if you are not playing the game you payed for its your own damn fault if you feel you didn't get enough value out of it

Also its not only units they are adding(apart from the SP campaign which i will play and get all achievements like I did for WoL) they are also improving the graphics and added more physics.

Its your choice in the end but as I said its not really a bad investment for a game you are going to play a ton.


It's like you're not reading my posts.

I'm saying I'm going to buy it because it will give me countless hours of gameplay and it's a good deal for me.

However, for people who are just getting into the game aren't doing that. They're seeing a (potential) $80-100 pricetag and going, "...This isn't really worth it for a game I might not even really like."
MugenXBanksy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States479 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 21:17:50
March 02 2012 21:13 GMT
#640
On March 03 2012 05:58 windsupernova wrote:
LOL, I can safely say I have played at least 100 hours of SC2 since I bought it(and I have not been as much as I used to) 100 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks seems like a pretty awesome deal for me.

40 bucks for the expansion that hopefully I will be able to play as much or more than vainilla is not really a bad deal. And we all knew the expansions were coming since the beggining so if you couldn't save up the 40 bucks you've gotmore stuff to worry about than videogames.

I mean if it was only a SP player expansion I can see how it may seem too expensive(and even then its debatable because people can value stuff differently) but IMO the value its not really that bad.

Unless you are one of those people who barely plays and just watches streams. But then if you are not playing the game you payed for its your own damn fault if you feel you didn't get enough value out of it

Also its not only units they are adding(apart from the SP campaign which i will play and get all achievements like I did for WoL) they are also improving the graphics and added more physics.

Its your choice in the end but as I said its not really a bad investment for a game you are going to play a ton.

Only at least 100 most I know have played it well over 500hrs since launch. At least it leaves me satisfied unlike wow and God knows how many hours were wasted in. the 5 year span not to mention the money.SC 2 is the game that just gives endless enjoyment and the thrill and frustration by playing another player
we all hope to be like whitera one day
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 647
ComeBackTV 614
SteadfastSC444
Rex104
EnkiAlexander 54
CosmosSc2 45
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 444
Rex 104
UpATreeSC 79
CosmosSc2 45
BRAT_OK 30
Codebar 11
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39860
Jaedong 1403
Hyuk 1296
Soma 618
Mini 555
BeSt 462
Horang2 420
Larva 345
Rush 303
Soulkey 292
[ Show more ]
ZerO 206
Snow 197
hero 78
Dewaltoss 66
Liquid`Ret 57
Free 54
Mind 50
Killer 36
sorry 30
Terrorterran 28
yabsab 26
Rock 23
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 19
Trap 18
Dota 2
qojqva1779
Dendi725
Counter-Strike
Fnx 769
x6flipin700
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King80
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2492
Khaldor2082
Grubby1823
Liquid`Hasu371
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2925
singsing1826
hiko793
B2W.Neo588
byalli452
ceh9320
KnowMe117
QueenE87
Trikslyr41
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)15
Chillindude14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3681
League of Legends
• Nemesis1889
• TFBlade875
Other Games
• Shiphtur353
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 4m
OSC
20h 4m
Stellar Fest
20h 4m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.