• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9387 users

[Interview] Code S Round of 8 Day 1 Winners - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Leifish
Profile Joined July 2011
851 Posts
October 12 2011 05:31 GMT
#81
It's like hating Michael Jordan...

Not even 1992 Croatians hate Michael Jordan.
DizzySheep
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia1144 Posts
October 12 2011 05:37 GMT
#82
I would trade 'flashiness' for a chance at USD50,000 any day...Though i don't even know what flashiness really is...the tendency to base trade?(MKP) or just unorthodox play like boxer cancelling structures when scouted?.. imo the build MVP used yesterday + Show Spoiler +
where he used mass blue flame into mech was about as creative as it could get in TvZ.
. Anyway to each his own, hope MVP gets his 4th GSL and get his wrists treated asap, would be a shame to see him not able to perform to his full potential.
ilbh
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil1606 Posts
October 12 2011 05:39 GMT
#83
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.
Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest.
vVvPastry
Profile Joined September 2011
United States244 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 05:55:48
October 12 2011 05:44 GMT
#84
On October 12 2011 14:29 ch33psh33p wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


The things you just said about playing outside the box, and getting involved in the community have no relationship at all. You're confusing so many things in trying to invent dislike for a player, it doesn't make sense

Hate him for playing standard, but don't hate him because his team can't afford to fly him everywhere like Slayers.


Okay sorry about adding that extra stuff I know it was sidetracking but I am just stating more reasons why MVP isn't as appeasing. I was only adding to my original dislike of his style of being to standard. It's not that I hate his personality or anything it's just as a watcher I want to see something more than the "standard" builds which I can see from any other player. In a summary I just prefer unique people with unique play styles rather than MVP's standard one. I'm not trying to stir up hate for MVP I was just stating my opinions on the his style because a lot of people are confused to why people don't like MVP. I know a lot of people feel the same way as I do.
vvv-gaming.com Favorite for Each Race Boxer/ Alicia/ Losira Supporting MMA/Teaja/sC/Marineking/Idra/White Ra/Ryung/BitByBit/MC/Team SlayerS
canonised
Profile Joined May 2011
71 Posts
October 12 2011 05:48 GMT
#85
got to remember that in Korea people LOVE on some MKP. MVP made him cry twice! Probably not a lot of love back at home for MVP. Sad, we foreigners (at least a large portion) love us some MVP (and MKP)
vVvPastry
Profile Joined September 2011
United States244 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 05:54:25
October 12 2011 05:53 GMT
#86
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.
vvv-gaming.com Favorite for Each Race Boxer/ Alicia/ Losira Supporting MMA/Teaja/sC/Marineking/Idra/White Ra/Ryung/BitByBit/MC/Team SlayerS
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
October 12 2011 05:55 GMT
#87
im not sure why i dont like mvp as much as i like other players of lesser calibur... maybe because nothing epic ever happens in his games?

when i watch mvp play, i don't expect much in the entertainment side of things. also to add, his personality in these interviews seems bland too.

i dont like his last comment about the blizzard cup. its like he's whining cuz things didn't go the korean way or something...
Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
October 12 2011 05:55 GMT
#88
i don't really understand when people say personality/style..

mvp's style is to play near perfect

flaw? lol

mvp has the most builds, always the most fluid, insane decision making, imbalanced starsense, scouts nonstop, he's the picture perfect player

that in and of itself is groundbreaking, unique, and has flare

play basetrade/albeit amusing games -> lose -> cry in booth -> a billion fans

play perfect games -> win -> snag titles left and right -> boring

lolwat

of course im not gonna force my opinions on anyone, but silly reasons to dislike a player as phenomenal as mvp makes no sense :S

do you dislike nestea? cuz nestea is pretty much the picture perfect zerg

hits all his larva injects, great decision making, great starsense, he's the mvp of zerg

do you dislike him cuz he's not stylistic/standard?

just curious
IMMvp #1 :)
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
October 12 2011 05:58 GMT
#89
nestea is liked cuz he's zerg
Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
canonised
Profile Joined May 2011
71 Posts
October 12 2011 05:59 GMT
#90
On October 12 2011 14:55 Lokian wrote:
im not sure why i dont like mvp as much as i like other players of lesser calibur... maybe because nothing epic ever happens in his games?

when i watch mvp play, i don't expect much in the entertainment side of things. also to add, his personality in these interviews seems bland too.

i dont like his last comment about the blizzard cup. its like he's whining cuz things didn't go the korean way or something...


sounds like somebody needs to go watch last gsl final's first game and then come back and voice his opinion. most interesting epic tvt I've ever seen (in sc2)
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
October 12 2011 05:59 GMT
#91
besides the obvious anti-terran theme of the community, i'm addressing the guys comment on disliking seeing 'standard' play :S
IMMvp #1 :)
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 06:01:55
October 12 2011 06:00 GMT
#92
On October 12 2011 14:53 vVvPastry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.


Except he has better multitasking than MMA, and better micro than MarineKing, and better macro than everyone.
On October 12 2011 14:55 Lokian wrote:

i dont like his last comment about the blizzard cup. its like he's whining cuz things didn't go the korean way or something...


He's whining because alot of players that ARENT in the Top 3 Slots got SHAFTED.

He himself lost out on nearly nothing, besides a little prize money, but everyone who was fighting for those top 10 slots, the 7 that had been told they would make it, suddenly are out.

He's voicing out for players who might not get a chance to, and you're misinterpreting it and using it as an exuse to him. My god the hypocrisy these days.
secret - never again
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 06:01:47
October 12 2011 06:01 GMT
#93
edit: double
secret - never again
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
October 12 2011 06:03 GMT
#94
On October 12 2011 15:00 ch33psh33p wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:53 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.


Except he has better multitasking than MMA, and better micro than MarineKing, and better macro than everyone.


QFT lol, undeniably true

i feel like these 'flashy' or 'unique' traits of other players stand out more because their other aspects are lacking in comparison to whatever they excel in, resulting in wins primarily due to that certain feature. example being MMA's relentless attacks/multipronged drops/harass in tvz,

micro of mkp..



and straight up macros better than the best zergs/everyone in general, with exception of bomber in the past during biomech tvts :o
IMMvp #1 :)
vVvPastry
Profile Joined September 2011
United States244 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 06:04:55
October 12 2011 06:04 GMT
#95
On October 12 2011 15:00 ch33psh33p wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:53 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.


Except he has better multitasking than MMA, and better micro than MarineKing, and better macro than everyone.


I wouldn't say that considering that MMA has especially been doing really well for himself even beating MVP in 2 bo5s so you can't really say that MVP outclasses everyone in every way, but MarineKing I could agree I guess considering his slump. I guess I just like them because they are always seen as players who can't get the top and it would be awesome to see them in a close series taking out a giant like MVP. Also I really don't believe they are that much worse if not at all, you can flame me all you want but I believe this.
vvv-gaming.com Favorite for Each Race Boxer/ Alicia/ Losira Supporting MMA/Teaja/sC/Marineking/Idra/White Ra/Ryung/BitByBit/MC/Team SlayerS
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
October 12 2011 06:07 GMT
#96
okay thats all i wanted to know, you favor underdogs, very sensible

i was just baffled at the comment of not liking 'standard' play, cuz that rules out .............. 99% of everyone
IMMvp #1 :)
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
October 12 2011 06:11 GMT
#97
On October 12 2011 15:00 ch33psh33p wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:53 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.


Except he has better multitasking than MMA, and better micro than MarineKing, and better macro than everyone.
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 14:55 Lokian wrote:

i dont like his last comment about the blizzard cup. its like he's whining cuz things didn't go the korean way or something...


He's whining because alot of players that ARENT in the Top 3 Slots got SHAFTED.

He himself lost out on nearly nothing, besides a little prize money, but everyone who was fighting for those top 10 slots, the 7 that had been told they would make it, suddenly are out.

He's voicing out for players who might not get a chance to, and you're misinterpreting it and using it as an exuse to him. My god the hypocrisy these days.



If MVP got a problem with that, he should take it to gomTV not the media. why the hell would he de-value a tournament in which he was invited to win thousands of dollars. high chair much? just cuz his friends didn't get a slot doesn't mean he has to take it out on the people that made it even possible.
Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
October 12 2011 06:12 GMT
#98
On October 12 2011 15:11 Lokian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 15:00 ch33psh33p wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:53 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.


Except he has better multitasking than MMA, and better micro than MarineKing, and better macro than everyone.
On October 12 2011 14:55 Lokian wrote:

i dont like his last comment about the blizzard cup. its like he's whining cuz things didn't go the korean way or something...


He's whining because alot of players that ARENT in the Top 3 Slots got SHAFTED.

He himself lost out on nearly nothing, besides a little prize money, but everyone who was fighting for those top 10 slots, the 7 that had been told they would make it, suddenly are out.

He's voicing out for players who might not get a chance to, and you're misinterpreting it and using it as an exuse to him. My god the hypocrisy these days.



If MVP got a problem with that, he should take it to gomTV not the media. why the hell would he de-value a tournament in which he was invited to win thousands of dollars. high chair much? just cuz his friends didn't get a slot doesn't mean he has to take it out on the people that made it even possible by underhandingly publically criticizing blizzard cup.

Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
October 12 2011 06:15 GMT
#99
On October 12 2011 15:11 Lokian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 15:00 ch33psh33p wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:53 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:39 ilbh wrote:
On October 12 2011 14:26 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 13:47 rysecake wrote:
On October 12 2011 12:48 vVvPastry wrote:
On October 12 2011 09:52 Vaelone wrote:
I had no idea that people disliked MVP.

Where does that even originate? He seems mannered, is probably the best player in the world atm and hardly cheeses and so on.

I dislike him because his style is so standard and he really doesn't make you want to root for him. That's just my opinion but a lot of people share it with me. Idk there is something more than skill that comes when rooting for a player, you need personality, emotion, and a storyline. In MVP's case he is like a bad tyrant and everyone wants their underdog rebel to overthrow him...

Take MarineKing, MMA, and even Boxer for example. They may not have as many titles as MVP, but they all show unique play and are really neat innovators making you want to root for them so you can see them happy.


So you dislike him for being so solidly good. Makes sense I guess.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic because sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. But yea that is exactly why I don't like MVP. He really doesn't get involved in the community and doesn't have much of a style other than safe, macro, and standard. Sure that is good to watch and say that this is how you play Terran. But as a fan I would much rather see someone who goes outside of the box and really shows his personality and style. It is more entertaining imo. Not saying that MVP isn't good he just doesn't excite me that much when he plays.


I don't know what you're talking about. in all his series against Nestea he did an all-in, he even was the first Terran to bunker block the natural on belshir beach.
he is always doing something incredible, his play is amazing, I really don't know how can you not see it.

I acknowledge that he is an amazing player if not the best in the world. But for me I just don't like the way he plays. It's not mind blowing like watching MMA's multitasking or MarineKing's micro. It's just a guy doing text book builds, which can still call for the occasional all in, which is why I find MVP games rather dull. And the game on bel shir beach was just a standard bunker block lol... Nestea just did a really bad job defending.


Except he has better multitasking than MMA, and better micro than MarineKing, and better macro than everyone.
On October 12 2011 14:55 Lokian wrote:

i dont like his last comment about the blizzard cup. its like he's whining cuz things didn't go the korean way or something...


He's whining because alot of players that ARENT in the Top 3 Slots got SHAFTED.

He himself lost out on nearly nothing, besides a little prize money, but everyone who was fighting for those top 10 slots, the 7 that had been told they would make it, suddenly are out.

He's voicing out for players who might not get a chance to, and you're misinterpreting it and using it as an exuse to him. My god the hypocrisy these days.



If MVP got a problem with that, he should take it to gomTV not the media. why the hell would he de-value a tournament in which he was invited to win thousands of dollars. high chair much? just cuz his friends didn't get a slot doesn't mean he has to take it out on the people that made it even possible.



go to page 1

click the first spoiler

read the background text that says "GOMTV"

who else was he saying it to lol?

a tournament that's been in the works forever, goes through last second changes without notifying the players involved (originally or not) -> rough situation, anyone can understand that o_o how would you feel if you had shit flipped around last second

and either way it doesn't effect him besides the prize money lol, he's rank1 seeded anyway, it's just in regards to the late change, in a sense 'unfair' for the players that initially thought they would qualify
IMMvp #1 :)
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
October 12 2011 06:29 GMT
#100
Yeah this is why GOM shouldn't have changed the format. Everyone liked it as it was.All the new format does is force the players to fly overseas even more. Is that really the best interest for GOM?
Someone call down the Thunder?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft32
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
ViBE74
PiGStarcraft32
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 172
Hyuk 58
Noble 50
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Counter-Strike
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox195
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5057
Khaldor737
Other Games
summit1g8387
FrodaN1943
Coldzera 775
shahzam513
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0285
KnowMe227
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr42
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH366
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21070
Other Games
• imaqtpie768
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 49m
Online Event
11h 49m
FEL
16h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.