• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9446 users

Season 3 coming to an end... - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 30 Next All
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
October 09 2011 23:39 GMT
#361
Good : -map refreshing
-rank refreshing

Bad (sorta): bonus pools for ppl who dont play alot get lost... (Don't know if this a bad thing tho, inactive people get rewarded enough with the rediculous pool already)

Overall view : I think it'll be good to mix in new maps, keeps people coming. And I don't think pro gamers care about the map refreshing too much, they don't play those shitty blizzard maps in tournaments anyways, ladder is more of a mechanics upkeep than strat tester. For the people worried about not getting in your league : If you can't get your old spot in a couple of days, then you probably don't deserve it either.
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
October 09 2011 23:42 GMT
#362
i like when seasons change. makes me all tingly inside
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
summer0f89
Profile Joined October 2010
United States15 Posts
October 09 2011 23:44 GMT
#363
On October 10 2011 06:31 dde wrote:
ya because im at 175 bonus pool and only 5bp away from getting kicked out from GM league (2nd place in na) I just dont wanna get kicked out from GM league. (I can only spend 1 or 2 bp per game which is insanely hard for me to dump them too)


this is why blizzard needs to change the gm kick-out system. the lower your mmr, the easier it is to get non-trivial bonus pool spent per win, and therefore the fewer games you have to play to stay in gm.

whereas the top players are always favored and have to mass games to keep their bp down. these players are also the most likely to train privately and/or on multiple ladders/accounts and are the most likely to travel for events, meaning that the best players have arguably the most fragile grandmasters tenure (and those at or around 40-120 gm might be the most stable).

although shorter ladders seasons might also help alleviate this, as long as blizzard doesn't reduce the gm bp cap commensurately.
Blackinator
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 23:50:29
October 09 2011 23:50 GMT
#364
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Now I have to grind my bonus pool. Thanks Blizzard. T.T
Stephen
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
October 09 2011 23:53 GMT
#365
On October 10 2011 08:44 summer0f89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 06:31 dde wrote:
ya because im at 175 bonus pool and only 5bp away from getting kicked out from GM league (2nd place in na) I just dont wanna get kicked out from GM league. (I can only spend 1 or 2 bp per game which is insanely hard for me to dump them too)


this is why blizzard needs to change the gm kick-out system. the lower your mmr, the easier it is to get non-trivial bonus pool spent per win, and therefore the fewer games you have to play to stay in gm.

whereas the top players are always favored and have to mass games to keep their bp down. these players are also the most likely to train privately and/or on multiple ladders/accounts and are the most likely to travel for events, meaning that the best players have arguably the most fragile grandmasters tenure (and those at or around 40-120 gm might be the most stable).

although shorter ladders seasons might also help alleviate this, as long as blizzard doesn't reduce the gm bp cap commensurately.


If they eliminated the GM kick-out system, then there would be no point in laddering anymore if you were rank 1 masters after the GM people were selected until the next season came out.

Maybe changing the way that you get knocked out of GM would be better?
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
summer0f89
Profile Joined October 2010
United States15 Posts
October 09 2011 23:56 GMT
#366
On October 10 2011 08:53 envisioN . wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 08:44 summer0f89 wrote:
On October 10 2011 06:31 dde wrote:
ya because im at 175 bonus pool and only 5bp away from getting kicked out from GM league (2nd place in na) I just dont wanna get kicked out from GM league. (I can only spend 1 or 2 bp per game which is insanely hard for me to dump them too)


this is why blizzard needs to change the gm kick-out system. the lower your mmr, the easier it is to get non-trivial bonus pool spent per win, and therefore the fewer games you have to play to stay in gm.

whereas the top players are always favored and have to mass games to keep their bp down. these players are also the most likely to train privately and/or on multiple ladders/accounts and are the most likely to travel for events, meaning that the best players have arguably the most fragile grandmasters tenure (and those at or around 40-120 gm might be the most stable).

although shorter ladders seasons might also help alleviate this, as long as blizzard doesn't reduce the gm bp cap commensurately.


If they eliminated the GM kick-out system, then there would be no point in laddering anymore if you were rank 1 masters after the GM people were selected until the next season came out.

Maybe changing the way that you get knocked out of GM would be better?


my first sentence was a recommendation to change it, not get rid of it o_O
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 03:08:28
October 10 2011 03:07 GMT
#367
Upon learning the ladder locks tomorrow, I've been laddering like crazy this weekend and I got promoted to master right before the deadline!

Anyway, I had kind of a related question. Before I was promoted, I had 0 bonus pool points. After promotion, it said I had 408 points for 1v1. I've never seen this before, is this some new policy or a glitch or something? I'm glad to have them since I will be able to easily reach rank 1 master now, but I thought it was very odd to receive them.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
Days
Profile Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
October 10 2011 03:47 GMT
#368
So I'm a little confused, is the actual season ending on october 10th or is it just the ladder lock? I just want to know if I can get a few games in before season ends
We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12258 Posts
October 10 2011 03:49 GMT
#369
On October 10 2011 12:47 Days wrote:
So I'm a little confused, is the actual season ending on october 10th or is it just the ladder lock? I just want to know if I can get a few games in before season ends


That's just the ladder lock.
Moderator
Days
Profile Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
October 10 2011 03:50 GMT
#370
On October 10 2011 12:49 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 12:47 Days wrote:
So I'm a little confused, is the actual season ending on october 10th or is it just the ladder lock? I just want to know if I can get a few games in before season ends


That's just the ladder lock.


Ah ok thank you. So when does the actual season end?
We buy things we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12258 Posts
October 10 2011 03:50 GMT
#371
On October 10 2011 12:07 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Upon learning the ladder locks tomorrow, I've been laddering like crazy this weekend and I got promoted to master right before the deadline!

Anyway, I had kind of a related question. Before I was promoted, I had 0 bonus pool points. After promotion, it said I had 408 points for 1v1. I've never seen this before, is this some new policy or a glitch or something? I'm glad to have them since I will be able to easily reach rank 1 master now, but I thought it was very odd to receive them.


Yes, read the Ladder Guide sticky. Master (and GM) league has a higher bonus pool accumulation rate.
Moderator
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12258 Posts
October 10 2011 03:51 GMT
#372
On October 10 2011 12:50 Days wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 12:49 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On October 10 2011 12:47 Days wrote:
So I'm a little confused, is the actual season ending on october 10th or is it just the ladder lock? I just want to know if I can get a few games in before season ends


That's just the ladder lock.


Ah ok thank you. So when does the actual season end?


It's all right there in the first post -_- Lock is the week of the 10th (so probably the 11th), new season begins and current season ends on the week of the 24th (probably the 25th, 26th for EU).
Moderator
ene13
Profile Joined February 2011
50 Posts
October 10 2011 04:24 GMT
#373
Darn it, I thought I would make it to platinum this season, with 960 pts and 60 wins in gold... what a lame system, I better get into plat season 4
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
October 10 2011 04:48 GMT
#374
So the lock wont be until the 11th? And not 12am on October 10th?
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
October 10 2011 04:49 GMT
#375
Is it saying Milestone awards lock when the ladder does or when it resets? Weird wording.
http://www.starcraftdream.com
reneg
Profile Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
October 10 2011 04:54 GMT
#376
i'm personally thrilled with this.

I always felt that positions in the GM league were a little too static, and felt that they should be re-evaluated on a more constant basis.

I'm also for the higher map rotation (hopefully also for better maps), and for the refreshing of the ladder. I haven't been terribly active this season, but it's always good to have a division that's not 90% inactive with only the top 10 or 15 people actually trying to get spots.

The more constant refreshing will knock people out of ladders like that, so i think it'll be better.
moose...indian
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
October 10 2011 04:58 GMT
#377
I spent all weekend watching IPL and didn't ladder. lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ene13
Profile Joined February 2011
50 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 05:08:04
October 10 2011 05:07 GMT
#378
YOU GUYS!!!! I know this is irrelevant but I made it TO PLAT TODAY!!!!!! after so many wins against bad platinums... my ID is cameler 336 if someone wants to pop some champagne tonight!!!


so... um... ladder isnt locked tonight!
.Noize
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia9 Posts
October 10 2011 05:15 GMT
#379
Am I the only one who doesnt care when the season begins or ends? why does it matter? 2 months seems great new maps every 2 months can only be a good thing
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
October 10 2011 05:42 GMT
#380
i just logged in and gained about 400 bonus pool points for each of my ladder.
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE149
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 24
Sharp 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever547
NeuroSwarm199
League of Legends
Doublelift4146
Counter-Strike
taco 370
Other Games
summit1g6929
JimRising 467
C9.Mang0357
ToD93
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV174
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP84
• poizon28 30
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra544
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.