• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:02
CEST 19:02
KST 02:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9178 users

Dark Mercenary Model Swap - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
October 06 2011 09:23 GMT
#161
I'll be downloading this when I get home, have my own computer again, and an internet connection worth something.

Except I'll be leaving out the raven -> science vessel swap. Only because it'd be too confusing for me. Thanks for sharing man!
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
Asprobouboulis
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Greece42 Posts
October 06 2011 09:32 GMT
#162
On October 05 2011 03:18 Teliko wrote:
Screenshot update of what the buildings would actually look like in a normal ladder game and with the original pylon. Someone suggested I use this instead of the previous one and it does actually look a lot nicer, so;

[image loading]


When are u gonna upload this updated pack? Love the small changes plus a couple buildings are kinda messed up from the old one so i would love the update! :D
God works in mysterious ways... But So do my bowel movements, but that doesn't make them omnipotent.
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
October 06 2011 10:56 GMT
#163
This is so cool I love the protoss buildings color
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
Azera
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3800 Posts
October 06 2011 11:26 GMT
#164
Man, all these mods are so SICK. Blizzard should implement this into their games and allow us to change skins (unlocking new skins for races, similar to unlocking new skins for guns in COD).
Check out some great music made by TLers - http://bit.ly/QXYhdb , by intrigue. http://bit.ly/RTjpOR , by ohsea.toc.
NA.Demise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States11 Posts
October 06 2011 11:47 GMT
#165
I downloaded and installed both the protoss units and protoss buildings, but am having a problem with the buildings. Is it not working now with the new patch? Every building besides the nexus and pylon are just all green, there is no texture or anything. its like its halfway textured . please respond because i really really like the pics of the building textures and would love to fix this somehow.
Ruyzan
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany5 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 13:59:06
October 06 2011 13:42 GMT
#166
Hey,
First i wanted to say i'm really impressed by this, i am using a lot of your backgroudns and am a huge fan of your work, howevere, i encounter a slight problem with this one and i'm sorry if this error was posted before, i read through the first 5 pages but couldn't find it.
So what happens is i apply the protoss buildings and units, even units only but i get the error message: the launcher has to be in the same folder as the game

Edit: i even get this after putting in my back up
mrafaeldie12
Profile Joined July 2011
Brazil537 Posts
October 06 2011 15:46 GMT
#167
My ghost is still a ghost with the nova portrait and my marines are just regular ol' marines!!T_T
"..it all comes thumbling down thumbling down thumblin down"
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
October 06 2011 19:37 GMT
#168
Hello,

I love the way this looks for the Protoss units / buildings, but I am having a problem where most of the Protoss buildings are not properly textured - the gateway, assimilator, cybercore, etc are all just blank purple buildings. Did I do something wrong, or do I need to have my graphics settings above a certain threshold in order for it to work? [I am playing on low currently] If posting a screen cap would be helpful I can do that too , just let me know
I <3 StarCraft.
Muppetz
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany47 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 19:42:40
October 06 2011 19:38 GMT
#169
On October 07 2011 00:46 mrafaeldie12 wrote:
My ghost is still a ghost with the nova portrait and my marines are just regular ol' marines!!T_T

U have to update the patch.SC2archive in your version folder as well. Worked for me.

But I have a problem regarding the protoss buildings. Can't get it to work
[image loading]
Everything else works fine, but the buildings, except Nexus and Pylon, only appear in player color.

So what have i done wrong?
I did put them here : C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod in base.SC2Assets. Should they be put somewhere else?

By comparing my backup with downloaded zip-file i noticed there are some aditional files like ..._emissivegreen.dds and ..._emissivered.dds which are not included in the file. Is it possible this might have an effect?
I'm open to suggestions anyway^^
lowallyn
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada84 Posts
October 06 2011 20:10 GMT
#170
this is sweet
Eat bitter.
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
October 06 2011 21:22 GMT
#171
On October 07 2011 04:38 Muppetz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 00:46 mrafaeldie12 wrote:
My ghost is still a ghost with the nova portrait and my marines are just regular ol' marines!!T_T

U have to update the patch.SC2archive in your version folder as well. Worked for me.

But I have a problem regarding the protoss buildings. Can't get it to work
[image loading]
Everything else works fine, but the buildings, except Nexus and Pylon, only appear in player color.

So what have i done wrong?
I did put them here : C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod in base.SC2Assets. Should they be put somewhere else?

By comparing my backup with downloaded zip-file i noticed there are some aditional files like ..._emissivegreen.dds and ..._emissivered.dds which are not included in the file. Is it possible this might have an effect?
I'm open to suggestions anyway^^

They look like they are completely untextured. Meaning, the game might not detect the textures u made.

Dear OP,

Is there an easy way to get these mods (Protoss Units + Protoss Buildings) to work on the Mac? I can't use MPQEditor because it only supports Windows and I'd like to play on my Mac.
With the Stronger team Color mod, I could just paste a EnGB.SC2Data in my files and it'd work!

Kind regards
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
NA.Demise
Profile Joined August 2011
United States11 Posts
October 06 2011 22:43 GMT
#172
On October 07 2011 04:38 Muppetz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 07 2011 00:46 mrafaeldie12 wrote:
My ghost is still a ghost with the nova portrait and my marines are just regular ol' marines!!T_T

U have to update the patch.SC2archive in your version folder as well. Worked for me.

But I have a problem regarding the protoss buildings. Can't get it to work
[image loading]
Everything else works fine, but the buildings, except Nexus and Pylon, only appear in player color.

So what have i done wrong?
I did put them here : C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod in base.SC2Assets. Should they be put somewhere else?

By comparing my backup with downloaded zip-file i noticed there are some aditional files like ..._emissivegreen.dds and ..._emissivered.dds which are not included in the file. Is it possible this might have an effect?
I'm open to suggestions anyway^^


I have this exact problem, and i know i installed it correctly so there is obviously something we're both doing wrong. Any info on how to fix this would be appreciated
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
October 06 2011 22:45 GMT
#173
So GOOOOD these look totally bad ass
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
October 07 2011 04:44 GMT
#174
On October 06 2011 18:32 Asprobouboulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 03:18 Teliko wrote:
Screenshot update of what the buildings would actually look like in a normal ladder game and with the original pylon. Someone suggested I use this instead of the previous one and it does actually look a lot nicer, so;

[image loading]


When are u gonna upload this updated pack? Love the small changes plus a couple buildings are kinda messed up from the old one so i would love the update! :D

I've already posted it. I was just adding a new screenshot example using the ally/enemy colours instead of team colours because it looked a lot more appealing to have the green player colour on top of the green effect of the texture. The link can be found in the op.

As for the rest of you having troubles, apologies for not being able to get back sooner, but I've moved house today and there's been an issue with getting the internet set up. While they're going to install it tomorrow, apparently they're not going to let us use it for another week -_- For now, I'll leave some quick reminders. Don't forget to close the mpq editor before running sc2. If various units arent working, like marine, it's because you haven't followed the instructions on installing the "Mods" folder correctly. If you have followed the instructions correctly and it forces your client to patch, there's nothing I can do about it right now. It's a mystery to me as to why some people suffer from this. You can try the mpq prioritisation method posted by existor, but I've never tried it or had the patch bug, so I can't promise anything. As always, back up your mpqs before doing any editing.

I'll get around to all the problems people are experiencing once my internet gets itself together, it's really awkward to experiment with mpqs to test various peoples problems when I've very limited access to the internet, so apologies for the delay.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
existentialism
Profile Joined October 2011
United States3 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 07:56:35
October 07 2011 07:30 GMT
#175
I just want to say thank you for your work and time spent into such customization! Also I'm testing right now if Existor's MPQ prioritization method will work for people who can't use certain models, will be posting result later.

Update: Existor's MPQ prioritization method does work, I now have the marine and Thor skin working.
1) Go to your Liberty.SC2Mod folder and make a copy of your base.SC2Assets file (make sure to make a backup as well.)
2) Unzip the Terran folder you downloaded from Teliko.
3) Open up the Terran folder, then go into the Mods, then keep going until you see Portrait, Textures, and Units folder.
4) Open up the copy base.SC2Assets file you just copied with the editor, then drag and drop the textures and units folder in to the Asset folder.
5) After you are done, close the editor, and put the base.SC2Assets into the Liberty.Multi SC2Mod folder.
6) The skins should be working now.
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
October 07 2011 08:48 GMT
#176
On October 07 2011 13:44 Teliko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 18:32 Asprobouboulis wrote:
On October 05 2011 03:18 Teliko wrote:
Screenshot update of what the buildings would actually look like in a normal ladder game and with the original pylon. Someone suggested I use this instead of the previous one and it does actually look a lot nicer, so;

[image loading]


When are u gonna upload this updated pack? Love the small changes plus a couple buildings are kinda messed up from the old one so i would love the update! :D

I've already posted it. I was just adding a new screenshot example using the ally/enemy colours instead of team colours because it looked a lot more appealing to have the green player colour on top of the green effect of the texture. The link can be found in the op.

As for the rest of you having troubles, apologies for not being able to get back sooner, but I've moved house today and there's been an issue with getting the internet set up. While they're going to install it tomorrow, apparently they're not going to let us use it for another week -_- For now, I'll leave some quick reminders. Don't forget to close the mpq editor before running sc2. If various units arent working, like marine, it's because you haven't followed the instructions on installing the "Mods" folder correctly. If you have followed the instructions correctly and it forces your client to patch, there's nothing I can do about it right now. It's a mystery to me as to why some people suffer from this. You can try the mpq prioritisation method posted by existor, but I've never tried it or had the patch bug, so I can't promise anything. As always, back up your mpqs before doing any editing.

I'll get around to all the problems people are experiencing once my internet gets itself together, it's really awkward to experiment with mpqs to test various peoples problems when I've very limited access to the internet, so apologies for the delay.


Apreciate what you are doing, Have fun with your new place.

If you could spare the time, could you help me with this:


Dear OP,

Is there an easy way to get these mods (Protoss Units + Protoss Buildings) to work on the Mac? I can't use MPQEditor because it only supports Windows and I'd like to play on my Mac.
With the Stronger team Color mod, I could just paste a EnGB.SC2Data in my files and it'd work!

Kind regards

Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
GUImperfect
Profile Joined April 2011
Guam23 Posts
October 07 2011 08:59 GMT
#177
here is my dark protoss building fix
[url blocked]
this was a dark protoss mod i did long ago using blizzard's textures from the mini campaign


im also uploading war pig and marauder merc portraits
[url blocked]

screenshots
[image loading]
[image loading]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Muppetz
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany47 Posts
October 07 2011 12:43 GMT
#178
On October 07 2011 17:59 GUImperfect wrote:
here is my dark protoss building fix
[url blocked]
this was a dark protoss mod i did long ago using blizzard's textures from the mini campaign


im also uploading war pig and marauder merc portraits
[url blocked]

The buildings work for me with this now. Great thanks to you man.
There actually seem to miss some .dds files in what u uploaded there Teliko.

Anyway could u be so kind to upload the merc/hero pics for terran and protoss units (banshee, tank phoenix, mothership etc.) Dunno if there are any for zerg.

Thanks a lot for all this, soo great :D
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
October 07 2011 14:45 GMT
#179
For on the Windows; already found a fix for this:


Some clients might begin to patch when you run them after you've installed this. I don't know why some clients do this and others don't, but it's because of the Mods folder. If this happens to you, just reapply your backup and only install the Assets this time. Unfortunately you'll be missing out on a couple of units, but there's nothing I can do.
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
October 07 2011 20:39 GMT
#180
Thank you so much existentialism! ive been trying to get that to work for sometime now haha. but when i did this the other units that i modded reverted back to there old model T.T is there a fix for that?
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem360
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 360
IndyStarCraft 194
Railgan 69
BRAT_OK 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24366
Shuttle 2396
BeSt 469
Larva 377
Soma 165
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 104
Last 86
Sexy 68
hero 66
[ Show more ]
Zeus 52
Hyun 44
Killer 39
ToSsGirL 25
NaDa 23
Bale 20
Rock 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5255
qojqva3170
Dendi1303
420jenkins438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3566
Khaldor1322
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK14
Other Games
FrodaN2090
singsing1825
byalli934
B2W.Neo818
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .169
KnowMe134
QueenE96
Mew2King57
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick994
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 51
• FirePhoenix1
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3904
League of Legends
• Nemesis2749
Other Games
• Shiphtur287
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 58m
Replay Cast
5h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 58m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.