• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8883 users

Dark Mercenary Model Swap - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 16 Next All
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
November 14 2011 18:56 GMT
#201
On November 11 2011 18:11 existentialism wrote:
It seems this recent patch manage to change something again, now my marine and thor skins aren't working, the rest are fine. Even though it shouldn't be cause I used the MPQ prioritization method instead of installing it directly =/.

MPQ prioritisation was killed in the latest patch, you'll need to install them directly.
On November 14 2011 21:57 Zushen wrote:
hey Teliko if I could make a suggestion, it woulkd be super cool if we could get two-tone team colors similar to the dark Protoss buildings but for terran or zerg if possible

Not really sure what you could change them to :/ Zerg would look pretty awful as any other colour.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
CojL
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden26 Posts
November 14 2011 20:58 GMT
#202
looks pretty sick, might try it out =d
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
November 14 2011 21:22 GMT
#203
:\
Mario1209
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1077 Posts
November 14 2011 21:24 GMT
#204
Wow, looks really cool =P
Co-Manager of Soviet Gaming * http://twitter.com/#!/sGMarioo * http://www.facebook.com/SovietGamingfanpage * https://twitter.com/#!/SovietGaming
theamazingscv
Profile Joined November 2011
4 Posts
November 15 2011 05:34 GMT
#205
On November 15 2011 03:56 Teliko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 18:11 existentialism wrote:
It seems this recent patch manage to change something again, now my marine and thor skins aren't working, the rest are fine. Even though it shouldn't be cause I used the MPQ prioritization method instead of installing it directly =/.

MPQ prioritisation was killed in the latest patch, you'll need to install them directly.
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2011 21:57 Zushen wrote:
hey Teliko if I could make a suggestion, it woulkd be super cool if we could get two-tone team colors similar to the dark Protoss buildings but for terran or zerg if possible

Not really sure what you could change them to :/ Zerg would look pretty awful as any other colour.



aww that sucks, now I cant use the marine model anymore =/ o well...
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
November 15 2011 17:31 GMT
#206
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

[image loading]

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 17:46:32
November 15 2011 17:44 GMT
#207
On November 16 2011 02:31 KoKoRo wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.

It actually happened to me once now after I reinstalled the game, but now it's working again. I've no idea how it works, it's really confusing :S Anyway, you could still use the mod, just don't install the files that go in to patch mpq from the versions folder.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-15 18:07:10
November 15 2011 18:06 GMT
#208
On November 16 2011 02:44 Teliko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2011 02:31 KoKoRo wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.

It actually happened to me once now after I reinstalled the game, but now it's working again. I've no idea how it works, it's really confusing :S Anyway, you could still use the mod, just don't install the files that go in to patch mpq from the versions folder.


I'm too stubborn to give up so easily.

Either way, I found a quick fix to avoid the update server. Basically just pull your Ethernet cable, turn on SC2, plug Ethernet cable back in. Got it to work, dunno if I have to do this every time or not, I'll edit this post if it starts up the patch server for me again after I restart the game. Speaking of which, maybe restarting my computer would change anything? Something I'll have to save for another time.

Edit: Yes you have to unplug every time.
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
theamazingscv
Profile Joined November 2011
4 Posts
November 17 2011 07:11 GMT
#209
On November 16 2011 03:06 KoKoRo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2011 02:44 Teliko wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:31 KoKoRo wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.

It actually happened to me once now after I reinstalled the game, but now it's working again. I've no idea how it works, it's really confusing :S Anyway, you could still use the mod, just don't install the files that go in to patch mpq from the versions folder.


I'm too stubborn to give up so easily.

Either way, I found a quick fix to avoid the update server. Basically just pull your Ethernet cable, turn on SC2, plug Ethernet cable back in. Got it to work, dunno if I have to do this every time or not, I'll edit this post if it starts up the patch server for me again after I restart the game. Speaking of which, maybe restarting my computer would change anything? Something I'll have to save for another time.

Edit: Yes you have to unplug every time.



I tried doing this, but I'm getting an error report saying that the files is damage or corrupted, maybe I did something wrong, I'll check again
omisa
Profile Joined January 2011
United States494 Posts
November 17 2011 07:47 GMT
#210
Man, this is awesome. Although, the cannon does look kinda cool with aids, imo.

<3 Satriani \m/
\m/
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
November 17 2011 08:24 GMT
#211
On November 17 2011 16:11 theamazingscv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2011 03:06 KoKoRo wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:44 Teliko wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:31 KoKoRo wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.

It actually happened to me once now after I reinstalled the game, but now it's working again. I've no idea how it works, it's really confusing :S Anyway, you could still use the mod, just don't install the files that go in to patch mpq from the versions folder.


I'm too stubborn to give up so easily.

Either way, I found a quick fix to avoid the update server. Basically just pull your Ethernet cable, turn on SC2, plug Ethernet cable back in. Got it to work, dunno if I have to do this every time or not, I'll edit this post if it starts up the patch server for me again after I restart the game. Speaking of which, maybe restarting my computer would change anything? Something I'll have to save for another time.

Edit: Yes you have to unplug every time.



I tried doing this, but I'm getting an error report saying that the files is damage or corrupted, maybe I did something wrong, I'll check again


If you didn't resolve your problem, start from scratch. I haven't gotten either of those error messages. If WoW has taught me anything, there should be a way to stop the automatic update server.
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
theamazingscv
Profile Joined November 2011
4 Posts
November 17 2011 09:44 GMT
#212
On November 17 2011 17:24 KoKoRo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 16:11 theamazingscv wrote:
On November 16 2011 03:06 KoKoRo wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:44 Teliko wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:31 KoKoRo wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.

It actually happened to me once now after I reinstalled the game, but now it's working again. I've no idea how it works, it's really confusing :S Anyway, you could still use the mod, just don't install the files that go in to patch mpq from the versions folder.


I'm too stubborn to give up so easily.

Either way, I found a quick fix to avoid the update server. Basically just pull your Ethernet cable, turn on SC2, plug Ethernet cable back in. Got it to work, dunno if I have to do this every time or not, I'll edit this post if it starts up the patch server for me again after I restart the game. Speaking of which, maybe restarting my computer would change anything? Something I'll have to save for another time.

Edit: Yes you have to unplug every time.



I tried doing this, but I'm getting an error report saying that the files is damage or corrupted, maybe I did something wrong, I'll check again


If you didn't resolve your problem, start from scratch. I haven't gotten either of those error messages. If WoW has taught me anything, there should be a way to stop the automatic update server.



No, still getting the error report, I even reinstall the game =/
KoKoRo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States186 Posts
November 18 2011 04:33 GMT
#213
On November 17 2011 18:44 theamazingscv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2011 17:24 KoKoRo wrote:
On November 17 2011 16:11 theamazingscv wrote:
On November 16 2011 03:06 KoKoRo wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:44 Teliko wrote:
On November 16 2011 02:31 KoKoRo wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure a way around getting my SC2 to not patch when I apply the Terran mod, because I was one of the unfortunate ones. :<

Suddenly I run into this type of error while patching. I didn't even touch the campaign folders. I'll investigate further.

It actually happened to me once now after I reinstalled the game, but now it's working again. I've no idea how it works, it's really confusing :S Anyway, you could still use the mod, just don't install the files that go in to patch mpq from the versions folder.


I'm too stubborn to give up so easily.

Either way, I found a quick fix to avoid the update server. Basically just pull your Ethernet cable, turn on SC2, plug Ethernet cable back in. Got it to work, dunno if I have to do this every time or not, I'll edit this post if it starts up the patch server for me again after I restart the game. Speaking of which, maybe restarting my computer would change anything? Something I'll have to save for another time.

Edit: Yes you have to unplug every time.



I tried doing this, but I'm getting an error report saying that the files is damage or corrupted, maybe I did something wrong, I'll check again


If you didn't resolve your problem, start from scratch. I haven't gotten either of those error messages. If WoW has taught me anything, there should be a way to stop the automatic update server.



No, still getting the error report, I even reinstall the game =/


Yeah, I ran the repair and started getting it too.
When you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
November 18 2011 14:45 GMT
#214
I'm afraid some people seem to just randomly get the patch bug. I got it once also during one of my many reinstalls, so it doesn't seem to be specific region clients. It definitely seems to occur more commonly to people who download the installer online, but that's the only conclusion I've reached so far. Keep in mind the patch bug is caused via changing the patch mpqs in the base folder, so you can still use some of this mod, you just can't use the parts that access that particular mpq until I can work out what the hell causes the patch bug, unfortunately.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Bensio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom621 Posts
November 22 2011 08:13 GMT
#215
Specific units just dont seem to work for me, Stalker, Sentry, Carrier, Archon, Dark Templar :/
Teliko
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
November 22 2011 14:52 GMT
#216
On November 22 2011 17:13 Bensio wrote:
Specific units just dont seem to work for me, Stalker, Sentry, Carrier, Archon, Dark Templar :/

There are some units that have been affected by patches, which causes them to have to be modified from the base folder's patch.mpq. If you have a client that patch bugs when you modify if, you'll have to skip those units now that the mpq prioritisation method has been removed.
Add a drop of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Zushen
Profile Joined June 2011
275 Posts
December 05 2011 16:32 GMT
#217
ahh finally got everything to work now would it be possible to use the dark protoss HUD for terran?
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
February 07 2012 05:34 GMT
#218
FINALLY I re-found this! Gonna get this in ASAP it looks so cool :D

The aids don't look all that bad actually, haha. If they were more line-shaped instead of dot-shaped, it would fit right in I think.

Thanks for making this, gonna download and use :D
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
cmen15
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1519 Posts
February 07 2012 05:40 GMT
#219
Thanks yoshi for bumping this back, i never saw this before and protoss skins look fkcin sick.
Greed leads to just about all losses.
Flamingo777
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1190 Posts
February 07 2012 05:47 GMT
#220
Thanks for the bump, these skins are absolutely sick! I wonder if the OP has done any work on this until now.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1223
edward147
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8196
ceh9637
Happy366
crisheroes199
Sick156
dupreeh69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 33m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.