• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8355 users

Good Manner on Ladder - Page 30

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 36 Next All
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 01:55:54
April 04 2012 01:54 GMT
#581
I almost always tried to be manner on ladder whatever happens during the game (be it a 6 pool or a cannon rush). I find it helps me to stay calm, feel in control of myself and the game, and just have fun playing SC2. I usually initiate a mini-chat outside the usual "glhf" as well at the start by saying "hi" asking how they are are or how their laddering is going etc and then wishing them good luck etc. I hear a lot about BM but I rarely run into it - I don't really count quitting a game without a gg as BM.

The only 2 clear cut cases of BM I can recall have been, strangely enough, from fellow Protoss. One abused me for 4 gating him (when I saw his cyber was considerably delayed) and another called me a cheeser for making too many sentries, which meant that his chargelot focussed build was rendered null and void due to lots of FF. Go figure...

Anyway, good manner helps, IMO, in making the game more fun for both you and your opponent.

KT best KT ~ 2014
Greenei
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany1754 Posts
April 04 2012 02:04 GMT
#582
I don't really care if someone BM's me on ladder. There are only 2 things I get really pissed about: Losses and UNPAUSING THE GAME WHILE I'M AWAY. I'd vote for deathpenalty for such a crime.
IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA
CaptainAmerica
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States89 Posts
April 04 2012 02:09 GMT
#583
Have to say, I've run into some really well-mannered people on the NA ladder recently. Keep it up fellas. Ya making me even prouder to be an American.
Give Credit Where It's Due
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
April 04 2012 02:51 GMT
#584
On April 04 2012 11:09 CaptainAmerica wrote:
Have to say, I've run into some really well-mannered people on the NA ladder recently. Keep it up fellas. Ya making me even prouder to be an American.

Appropriate username
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
April 04 2012 04:30 GMT
#585
how the hell do you say GG to a cannon rusher D:
this is insanity, I am being extremely GM when I just leave the game without any BM to him
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Shaok
Profile Joined October 2010
297 Posts
April 04 2012 04:33 GMT
#586
On August 17 2011 11:45 All.In wrote:
I always gg out of games haha. I don't understand why the bm has gotten so popular. Children these days!


That is just one of the many reasons it is popular to BM on ladder.
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
April 04 2012 04:35 GMT
#587
i'm so used to players using good manners as a form of passive aggression. usually its like a gg wp after a 111 or successful bunker rush.
The Show of a Lifetime
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
April 04 2012 04:42 GMT
#588
I consider whoever says gg wp is manner, gg is fine but wp makes me feel better cuz that mean I definitely played well.
Blitzchamp13
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4 Posts
April 04 2012 04:45 GMT
#589
i have amuch easier time analyzing what i did wrong when i am mannered, it keeps your mind clear in stead of blinded by rage
MethodSC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States928 Posts
April 04 2012 04:47 GMT
#590
On April 04 2012 13:42 tuho12345 wrote:
I consider whoever says gg wp is manner, gg is fine but wp makes me feel better cuz that mean I definitely played well.


I hope you're joking....
Sc1pio
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States823 Posts
April 04 2012 04:51 GMT
#591
I find people who think that "gg" should be some sort of statement of the quality of the game to be hilarious.

In every sport after the game you shake hands and say "good game", regardless of the subjective quality of that game. 12 year old little league baseball players are reprimanded for being "childish" for refusing to do it, and for some reason we're okay with it. It's strange to me.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's there are few. " -Shunro Suzuki | fortuna fortes adiuvat
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
April 04 2012 05:05 GMT
#592
If I may brag about what a manner-bear I am:
Once upon a time, I was laddering and having a pretty decent night. All of a sudden, a wild Zerg player appeared. As soon as I typed "gl hf", he told me about how he was having such rough night and how he had been cheesed several times in a row. I pylon blocked his natural, and he expanded to his 3rd. Without any units to dissuade me, I decided to take a little gamble and try to cannon block his ramp. He saw it a little to late and lost almost everything trying to break my cannons. I proceed to easily win, and when I clean up his army and am ahead in upgrades, bases, workers, everything, he begins to whine about what a bad night he's had. So I left. Hopefully the ladder points were enough to soak up his little Zergy tears
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
Kharnage
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia920 Posts
April 04 2012 06:21 GMT
#593
On April 04 2012 13:51 Sc1pio wrote:
I find people who think that "gg" should be some sort of statement of the quality of the game to be hilarious.

In every sport after the game you shake hands and say "good game", regardless of the subjective quality of that game. 12 year old little league baseball players are reprimanded for being "childish" for refusing to do it, and for some reason we're okay with it. It's strange to me.


Yup. To me it's the bow you do before and after in karate. gl hf, gg. not hard, not hard at all.
Jinks28
Profile Joined February 2012
5 Posts
April 04 2012 06:25 GMT
#594
On April 04 2012 07:19 TBone- wrote:
Whenever I play mech vs protoss or zerg in a macro game they always bm me. Almost in all circumstances. Which is all of my games.


haha... i "gg" after 95% of games, and only ragequit when I do something so bad I give away the game.... that being said zerg opponents ALWAYS ragequit or shit talk when i mech TvZ.... i have yet to get a gg for those wins. I don't get it, why the BM every single time? zergs help me out here
Heweree
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom497 Posts
April 04 2012 06:32 GMT
#595
On April 04 2012 11:09 CaptainAmerica wrote:
Have to say, I've run into some really well-mannered people on the NA ladder recently. Keep it up fellas. Ya making me even prouder to be an American.


I play both on NA and EU and maybe it was bad luck but on EU while most often they don't say gg and just leave sometimes with a lil' line of bm, on NA they pm you after to insult you u_u
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
April 04 2012 06:43 GMT
#596
On April 04 2012 15:25 Jinks28 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 07:19 TBone- wrote:
Whenever I play mech vs protoss or zerg in a macro game they always bm me. Almost in all circumstances. Which is all of my games.


haha... i "gg" after 95% of games, and only ragequit when I do something so bad I give away the game.... that being said zerg opponents ALWAYS ragequit or shit talk when i mech TvZ.... i have yet to get a gg for those wins. I don't get it, why the BM every single time? zergs help me out here


I think it's because a terran mech army can feel invincible from a zerg point of view. Often you can't beat it straight up. You need huge masses of units, extremely good micro/infestor play or constant harassment and counter attacks to wear them down indirectly. For the "masses" strategy you need superior macro, the other strategies require creativity, skill and smarts. In a mental state of tunnel vision resulting from being pissed off after a couple of losses the latter qualities are often lacking. And if you just a-move everything towards the opponent's army and everything seems to evaporate, it's frustrating and feels unfair. (Personally, I don't bm, but I know the frustration.)

To the OP: Very good initiative, it's needed.
Araneae
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway100 Posts
April 04 2012 06:44 GMT
#597
I have don that before, if they use a new timing attack (or atleast one I haven't seen before), if they beat me with carriers (have to love them for using carriers :D) or if it was an insane game, that was very well played by both of us (intense game going all the way to late game, with attacking and defending all the time)^^
oZe
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden492 Posts
April 04 2012 06:53 GMT
#598
On April 04 2012 07:41 alpinefpOPP wrote:
i love it when people get mad... does this make a bad person lol


Depends. If you did nothing wrong it's just hilarious. I love when ppl bm me on the ladder desperatly trying to find something wrong with my superiority ^^ My personal favorite is when your team of gold 1v1 scrubs beats a team of diamond 1v1 players. Then they call you gold noob even if you master league in XvX ^^ Add to that the fact that they got beaten by gold noobs. It's just so illogical it totally cracks me up =) I also love when they challenge you to a 1v1 as if that would prove how good you are in team play or erase the defeat from reality...

I almost never gg btw. It's my personal oppinion that automated responses mean nothing. It's like a sign that says welcome or a corporate answering machine saying your call is really important to us. You really expect me to feel welcome? When you can't even be bothered to say it. To feel important? When you won't even pick up the phone. So saying gg every game is exactly the same as just quiting.

However if someone plays a good game I will give them a personalized moral booster pertaining to the game in question. Which people really appreciate judging from the replies I get...

Ps. I hate ppl who bm and then ignores you. The weakest minded fukin cowards on the internet...
The worst kinds of organized crime are religion & government.
theplagueman
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom32 Posts
April 04 2012 07:14 GMT
#599
On April 04 2012 15:53 oZe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 07:41 alpinefpOPP wrote:
i love it when people get mad... does this make a bad person lol


Depends. If you did nothing wrong it's just hilarious. I love when ppl bm me on the ladder desperatly trying to find something wrong with my superiority ^^ My personal favorite is when your team of gold 1v1 scrubs beats a team of diamond 1v1 players. Then they call you gold noob even if you master league in XvX ^^ Add to that the fact that they got beaten by gold noobs. It's just so illogical it totally cracks me up =) I also love when they challenge you to a 1v1 as if that would prove how good you are in team play or erase the defeat from reality...

I almost never gg btw. It's my personal oppinion that automated responses mean nothing. It's like a sign that says welcome or a corporate answering machine saying your call is really important to us. You really expect me to feel welcome? When you can't even be bothered to say it. To feel important? When you won't even pick up the phone. So saying gg every game is exactly the same as just quiting.

However if someone plays a good game I will give them a personalized moral booster pertaining to the game in question. Which people really appreciate judging from the replies I get...

Ps. I hate ppl who bm and then ignores you. The weakest minded fukin cowards on the internet...


Whoa buddy watch the language
Corsica
Profile Joined February 2011
Ukraine1854 Posts
April 04 2012 07:41 GMT
#600
hmm i dont gg to cheese because it is not a good game in my book, that is all.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM515
IndyStarCraft 69
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 532
Reynor 259
ByuN 243
TKL 200
Railgan 79
IndyStarCraft 69
Codebar 50
BRAT_OK 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56937
Bisu 3125
Calm 2200
FanTaSy 1014
Stork 789
Rush 413
hero 363
firebathero 186
actioN 120
Snow 110
[ Show more ]
Sharp 105
Free 56
ToSsGirL 37
Pusan 35
Trap 35
Mong 27
Aegong 24
soO 22
Rock 21
Sexy 19
HiyA 16
Terrorterran 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Shine 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9179
Dendi988
Counter-Strike
fl0m4876
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK3
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1475
B2W.Neo706
Beastyqt597
olofmeister590
Mlord454
Khaldor395
KnowMe292
crisheroes160
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV280
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Hinosc 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV512
League of Legends
• Nemesis3064
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1639
Other Games
• Shiphtur4
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 18m
OSC
7h 18m
Replay Cast
7h 18m
OSC
20h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.