• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:29
CEST 22:29
KST 05:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8858 users

Designated Balance Discussion Thread - Page 763

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 761 762 763 764 765 1266 Next
saddaromma
Profile Joined April 2013
1129 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-16 16:03:28
September 16 2013 16:03 GMT
#15241
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

I was responding to the post above. Check out last page.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
September 16 2013 16:06 GMT
#15242
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
September 16 2013 16:08 GMT
#15243
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.


This is the Designated Balance Discussion Thread in the SC2 forum section. There's no place for this here.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
saddaromma
Profile Joined April 2013
1129 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-16 16:15:04
September 16 2013 16:14 GMT
#15244
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
September 16 2013 16:21 GMT
#15245
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

you should re-read what you wrote then.
saying you wish it dies sooner, doesn't deserve where it is today, didn't follow dh etc does not contribute or add to any of your points.
if you want to contribute to the discussion, do it with points and discussions. I have similar opinion on how they balance the game but your last post was completely irrelevant.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 16 2013 16:26 GMT
#15246
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

Except for TvP (as i do not play P side of match-up) TvZ and ZvZ are balanced. TvZ is one-dimensional though, that is true, zvz.... dunno, i like it.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
DusTerr
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
2520 Posts
September 16 2013 16:39 GMT
#15247
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

explain how a mirror match-up is unbalanced?
highsis
Profile Joined August 2011
259 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-16 16:56:47
September 16 2013 16:50 GMT
#15248
Another Terran victory in dreamhack. I'm not surprised as I foresaw ro 16 being equally represented by each race then Terran winning everyingthing beyond ro4 due to their high skillcap since HOTS came out. @_@ Come on Blizzard, go ahead and integrate mech upgrades, let's see how much more powerful top terrans can become with a buff.

I've stopped following the scene all together when I had predicted T to win the last S2 final and heard Blizz planning to buff terran. I don't play anymore, but I want to see P winning Korean tourney from time to time. I guess it won't ever happen.

I still remember shredder and war hounds. Blizzard has been, and still is as clueless as they can be about balancing. I am still dazzled how those two units were even suggested and passed the test to be introduced in beta in the first place.




They can rectify this standing(where P is powerful at low-mid pro levels then gets really bad at the top level) by getting rid of colosus and adding a delay to storms while increasing its damage output so only well-predicted storms can deal a massive damage against Terran units. The former is a must but I doubt if it will ever happen. FF and colossus are design failures.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 16 2013 17:12 GMT
#15249
On September 17 2013 01:39 DusTerr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

explain how a mirror match-up is unbalanced?

He uses LoL definition of balance :D
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 16 2013 17:15 GMT
#15250
On September 17 2013 01:50 highsis wrote:
Another Terran victory in dreamhack. I'm not surprised as I foresaw ro 16 being equally represented by each race then Terran winning everyingthing beyond ro4 due to their high skillcap since HOTS came out. @_@ Come on Blizzard, go ahead and integrate mech upgrades, let's see how much more powerful top terrans can become with a buff.

I've stopped following the scene all together when I had predicted T to win the last S2 final and heard Blizz planning to buff terran. I don't play anymore, but I want to see P winning Korean tourney from time to time. I guess it won't ever happen.

I still remember shredder and war hounds. Blizzard has been, and still is as clueless as they can be about balancing. I am still dazzled how those two units were even suggested and passed the test to be introduced in beta in the first place.




They can rectify this standing(where P is powerful at low-mid pro levels then gets really bad at the top level) by getting rid of colosus and adding a delay to storms while increasing its damage output so only well-predicted storms can deal a massive damage against Terran units. The former is a must but I doubt if it will ever happen. FF and colossus are design failures.

Not terran's fault all tosses choke harder than innovation after losing 2 games. Also, blizzard actually wanted to make mech good, it just turned out that with current toss units they need to add completely BS units for it to work. Also, PvT is pretty balanced at tip top level at the not-too-late stages of the game and just slightly favored right after scv pull timing passes away and when they can afford intergrating tempests in composition. Next, storm is just a designated counter to bio, bio has to be viable after storms are out IS the actual failure of Blizzard IMO.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 16 2013 17:20 GMT
#15251
wrong, wrong, wrong

On September 17 2013 01:50 highsis wrote:
Another Terran victory in dreamhack. I'm not surprised as I foresaw ro 16 being equally represented by each race then Terran winning everyingthing beyond ro4 due to their high skillcap since HOTS came out.


So you have no clue what the word skillcap means...

I've stopped following the scene all together when I had predicted T to win the last S2 final and heard Blizz planning to buff terran.

So you haven't been following closely before that either, as the Upgrade TEST MAP was uploaded before the WCS Finals took place.

I still remember shredder and war hounds. Blizzard has been, and still is as clueless as they can be about balancing. I am still dazzled how those two units were even suggested and passed the test to be introduced in beta in the first place.

So you have no clue that the Shredder was never put into the beta. It was not even present in the HotS Battle Reports, so it was not even alpha tested...

UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
September 16 2013 17:25 GMT
#15252
On September 17 2013 02:12 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 01:39 DusTerr wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

explain how a mirror match-up is unbalanced?

He uses LoL definition of balance :D


LoL has no mirror matchups though
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
September 16 2013 17:32 GMT
#15253
On September 17 2013 02:25 UmberBane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 02:12 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:39 DusTerr wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

explain how a mirror match-up is unbalanced?

He uses LoL definition of balance :D


LoL has no mirror matchups though

Until you watch OGN.
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
September 16 2013 17:35 GMT
#15254
On September 17 2013 02:32 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 02:25 UmberBane wrote:
On September 17 2013 02:12 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:39 DusTerr wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
[quote]

It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

explain how a mirror match-up is unbalanced?

He uses LoL definition of balance :D


LoL has no mirror matchups though

Until you watch OGN.


True, blindpick match which happens once every couple of seasons, but that's awesome!
saddaromma
Profile Joined April 2013
1129 Posts
September 16 2013 17:50 GMT
#15255
nice jokes guys. explaining why balance is relevant to zvz. Balance is not only about race winrates. Helbats were imbalanced in tvt and mutas were imbalanced in zvz. They got patched. When balancing the game we need to look at each unit and composition in order to maintain fun, diverse and fair gameplay. DK mostly cares about race winrates which makes it fair but ignores other two qualities. Imo this the biggest problem of their balancing strategy.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
September 16 2013 17:53 GMT
#15256
And black is white...

A mirror cannot be unbalanced because no composition or timing that you make is such that it cannot be matched by a composition or timing the opposition makes.

Hellbats led to poor gameplay, they were poor design. They were discussed in this thread because the "correction" nerfed hellbats in TvP and TvZ, making hellbat use entirely (pace Supernova) obsolete in TvP.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 16 2013 17:59 GMT
#15257
On September 17 2013 02:53 Ghanburighan wrote:
And black is white...

A mirror cannot be unbalanced because no composition or timing that you make is such that it cannot be matched by a composition or timing the opposition makes.

Hellbats led to poor gameplay, they were poor design. They were discussed in this thread because the "correction" nerfed hellbats in TvP and TvZ, making hellbat use entirely (pace Supernova) obsolete in TvP.

You mean ForGG instead of SuNo, right?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 16 2013 17:59 GMT
#15258
On September 17 2013 02:25 UmberBane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 02:12 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:39 DusTerr wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:14 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:06 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 01:02 DemigodcelpH wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:59 ETisME wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:47 saddaromma wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:30 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 17 2013 00:29 saddaromma wrote:
"If sc2 dies fast blizzard will do smth" is kinda lame theory. The game will just die and thats it. Its outcry of desperate community. As for me, i'd be glad if game died sooner. Lets be honest it doesnt deserve attention its getting now. Didn't follow dh, and from what heard it wasnt entertaining either.


It was entertaining as hell. Please don't bring that attitude to an SC2 forum if you don't care about the game.

Lots of people think it was boring.

And since when sc2 haters are not allowed to post here?
I care about StarCraft but I don't like sc2. Forum is not about only supporting the game, you can express whatever you want as long as it compells general behavior.

why are you even in SC2 thread just to say you want the game to die soon.
this is designated balance thread, not a say what you want about sc2 thread

He was responding to someone in this thread, and didn't introduce this topic. You guys are blaming him because you don't like his opinion.

just because someone is out of topic doesn't mean he should add to it...
there is a report function for posts like those.

Its kinda relevant to this topic. I have stated many times in this thread that I don't like how blizzard balances the game. 1. They completely ignore fun and diversity aspects of the game. 2. They don't interact with community.

And since sc2 represents what they're making of it. I just say I don't like sc2. But I care about StarCraft.

If we want to go into particular tvz, Tvp and zvz in a very bad state of balance.

explain how a mirror match-up is unbalanced?

He uses LoL definition of balance :D


LoL has no mirror matchups though

Korean team vs Korean team is enough of a mirror, though :D
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 16 2013 18:00 GMT
#15259
On September 17 2013 02:50 saddaromma wrote:
nice jokes guys. explaining why balance is relevant to zvz. Balance is not only about race winrates. Helbats were imbalanced in tvt and mutas were imbalanced in zvz. They got patched. When balancing the game we need to look at each unit and composition in order to maintain fun, diverse and fair gameplay. DK mostly cares about race winrates which makes it fair but ignores other two qualities. Imo this the biggest problem of their balancing strategy.

Hellbats were not imbalanced in TvT, they were creating poor games, hence the nerf.
Mutas were making zvz one-dimensional, hence the spore buff (since due to TvZ they could not nerf mutas at all). Also, you USE LoL definition of balance here.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
September 16 2013 18:09 GMT
#15260
On September 17 2013 02:59 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2013 02:53 Ghanburighan wrote:
And black is white...

A mirror cannot be unbalanced because no composition or timing that you make is such that it cannot be matched by a composition or timing the opposition makes.

Hellbats led to poor gameplay, they were poor design. They were discussed in this thread because the "correction" nerfed hellbats in TvP and TvZ, making hellbat use entirely (pace Supernova) obsolete in TvP.

You mean ForGG instead of SuNo, right?


Haven't seen ForGG build hellbats (but, hey, I haven't seen all games). The idea was, they are very rare, and you CAN exclude certain outliers (SuNo, ForGG both, I guess). You CANNOT list terran players that use WM.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Prev 1 761 762 763 764 765 1266 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O142
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason399
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 608
ZZZero.O 142
Zeus 65
soO 55
Hyun 44
Dota 2
qojqva2212
canceldota46
League of Legends
Doublelift1077
Counter-Strike
fl0m5712
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4035
Liquid`Hasu656
Other Games
summit1g4091
FrodaN1249
KnowMe336
ToD251
Pyrionflax198
420jenkins193
Livibee175
QueenE101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick797
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• Hupsaiya 51
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1834
Other Games
• imaqtpie863
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 32m
Patches Events
18h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 32m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.