• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:56
CEST 10:56
KST 17:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9898 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 67

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 78 Next
Greggle
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1131 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 11:53:32
January 28 2012 11:52 GMT
#1321
I hate the caster bashing that goes on in the LR threads, but I do honestly think he's bad.

When him and Khaldor casted oGs vs. Zenex I don't think I gained one bit of insight from either of them. When Tasteless and Artosis cast how often do you year Artosis say "Oh, look what ___ is doing! This is so that when ______ does ______ he can do ______! Clever move by ______" or "I don't like what ______ is doing, he really needs to go with ______!" He really just describes whatever is on the screen or makes bad jokes. I know Tastosis makes tons of jokes, but they have the chemistry with one another where the bad jokes bounce back and forth and become hilarious running jokes. They also know how to stop when something important happens whereas Moletrap will carry on with whatever he was saying even if the other caster tries to stop him.

So really I don't get anything extra from him as a caster, no insight and no humor. All I get is a description of what I'm already looking at.

The Moletrap and Khaldor combo is just bad too. I don't think Khaldor is too bad, but I think the fact that he isn't a native english speaker holds him back and leaves him rather monotone sounding. You really need someone like Wolf in there who just seems friendly and emotive.
Life is too short to take it seriously.
Bottles
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia44 Posts
January 28 2012 11:54 GMT
#1322
They need a pitchshifter for his voice, maybe down two octaves jk moletrap is a pretty exciting caster
TailsPrower
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada94 Posts
January 28 2012 12:05 GMT
#1323
Personally I think Moletrap does a decent job at casting. Not the best(or worst), and he does have timing and tactful things he needs to work on,That being said, I do enjoy the excitement he brings. There are times with every caster I get annoyed for example: Tastosis and their stupid jokes. I do think he is doing better than he was before and I am hopeful he improves as he continues casting. If not I'm sure GOM will replace him.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 28 2012 12:09 GMT
#1324
his casting is boring for me and his calls are often wrong, makes me rarely watch code A/GSTL . i don't really dig khaldor either, but i'd be willing to give him more time.
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Dwelf
Profile Joined September 2009
Netherlands365 Posts
January 28 2012 12:17 GMT
#1325
I like moletraps casting alot, the awkward jokes/moments totally work for me. So yeah please just keep doing what your doing if you are reading this .
k
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
January 28 2012 13:27 GMT
#1326
I just saw on Moletrap's stream that he's in Platinum league on US. That explains his lack of game knowledge.
If he doesn't start practicing 1v1, I don't see his game knowledge improving anytime soon.
desderak
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom206 Posts
January 28 2012 14:41 GMT
#1327
surely if you are casting full time in korea you would be better than plat US by now lol
hpTheGreat
Profile Joined August 2010
United States173 Posts
January 28 2012 14:48 GMT
#1328
GOM should take a page out of blizzard's playbook and listen to its fans/customers.
Get rid of moretrap. Apart from being a douche and talking over other casters, he has no chemistry with them, he has an annoying voice, he doesnt know what he is talking about, he doesnt bring anything new to the table, and (not as important but still important) he is not photogenic.
I just can not watch code A when he is casting.
orangesunglasses
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States110 Posts
January 28 2012 14:52 GMT
#1329
On January 28 2012 22:27 cyclone25 wrote:
I just saw on Moletrap's stream that he's in Platinum league on US. That explains his lack of game knowledge.
If he doesn't start practicing 1v1, I don't see his game knowledge improving anytime soon.


i see people flame him about that and he says "i lack the mechanics" you only need 30 apm to win in masters i have done it and see ppl who do it

no flames here but its just that GOM TV is THE pro scene atm really and you need a better voice and casting ability to be there. i wonder if there is a lack of talented willing people to go over there? that most likely is what it is and in a few years we will filter out the bad casters
How you win is the only thing that matters
Holdinga
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Bulgaria300 Posts
January 28 2012 15:32 GMT
#1330
This is getting a bit out of control. It seems a great percentage of people just straight want him gone. I admire him following his passion and dream, but it it is a bit obvious he lacks the talent. He doesn't seem to have improved, too. It is really a sad situation when all you want to do is cast, but everyone just hates you. The best choice would be to flat out leave, it is a little egotistical to keep doing what you want when clearly everyone wants you gone and GOM are losing viewers because of him.

However, finding a replacement is not easy. (Especially finding a good replacement). It is a lot of commitment to move to Korea.
xlava
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States676 Posts
January 28 2012 15:36 GMT
#1331
On January 28 2012 22:27 cyclone25 wrote:
I just saw on Moletrap's stream that he's in Platinum league on US. That explains his lack of game knowledge.
If he doesn't start practicing 1v1, I don't see his game knowledge improving anytime soon.


Yeah that makes sense. Artosis and Tasteless may make bad jokes but they do make great and accurate predictions and do the thing that matters most: make the game exciting and fun to watch. Artosis is high masters on the Korean server, which probably explains his ample game knowledge.

But I agree, Moletrap seriously needs to improve in more than one way or I'm just not going to buy GSTL anymore, and I already don't watch Code A unless Tastetosis or Wolf is casting.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
January 30 2012 18:58 GMT
#1332
Moletrap has been casting the GSL for how long now? I know it's been quite a few months. He should have improved substantially by now. I remember when Doa first started casting and I didn't care for him much. A few months later and I was sad to hear he went back to the US because he had improved so much and was getting some good chemistry with Wolf. Moletrap hasn't improved much, imo.
SwizzY
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1549 Posts
January 30 2012 19:03 GMT
#1333
I really want these casters to differentiate themselves from one another, not just try to make puns/jokes. That's Tastosis' thing and they have it down pat. I remember Moletrap once bringing up really interesting statistics to the table, talking about this players history/matchup percentages/past history with opponent, etc, and it was really insightful and interesting. He stopped doing that for some reason and now he's just kind of meh.

Best of luck to him though!
All that glitters is not gold, all that wander are not lost, the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by frost.
TuElite
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2123 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 19:04:50
January 30 2012 19:04 GMT
#1334
I really hope GomTV changes their mind and give a shot to someone else. I can't really think of any other casters worst than him. I would really like to see an ex pro player take his spot, someone like Artosis, that is well articulated, has the stamina to cast a lot without falling asleep during the last few games... and actually knows the game.
Always Smile - Jung Nicole - Follow Nicole on Twitter @_911007 and me @TuElite
Carthac
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States393 Posts
January 30 2012 19:06 GMT
#1335
One of the biggest drawbacks of the Khaldor/Moletrap combo is their complete lack of chemistry. Moletrap has to have someone like Doa that kinda has a sense of humor when it comes to really bad but intentionally bad jokes. Moletrap absolutely MUST acquire some sort of game knowledge. He has no idea about any build timings, engagements, or even builds. He just sees units and adds the typical and often times completely obvious statements like "Hydras are bad off creep" or "Terran bio armies are very mobile."
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 30 2012 19:11 GMT
#1336
Moletrap has actually gotten worse over time. For example, the recent GSTL match between ogs and zenex was absolutely full to the brim with flat out wrong analysis. zenextreme baits a terran players army back with some zealots, and then moves his army to the front. Moletraps explanation? The Terran player had bad luck...... I began to feel bad for Khaldor as the cast went on, as he was having quite the time of making sure he did not outright lambaste Moletrap on air. I get the sense that Moletrap feels the need to play a game of oneupmanship with his co-caster, and combined with his horrible game knowledge this makes for a cast that is awkward, unprofessional, and ultimately damaging to the image of professional Sc2 competition. Something must be done.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
January 30 2012 19:11 GMT
#1337
Moletrap is fine as an action caster because he does have the ability to make any action that's going on screen to sound like it's the most exciting thing he's ever seen.

His analysis though is very subpar, and thusly I feel like he needs someone like Wolf to balance him out. I don't mind when Wolf and Moletrap cast together but Moletrap with Khaldor I feel is like putting two of the same casting type together.

Khaldor is also an action caster but his analysis I feel is also lacking especially when compared to the elites like Day9 and Artosis.

Balance man, balance.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Boof
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada77 Posts
January 30 2012 19:14 GMT
#1338
Just gonna show some support for Moletrap here, in this suffocating ocean of fanboys.
I'd get rid of Tasteless sooner than Moletrap any day.
provrorsbarn
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden766 Posts
January 30 2012 19:23 GMT
#1339
I have nothing against Moletrap, congratz to him......hes seems like a fine lad.......his casting is ok, the important thing is that he really likes the game and it really shows during his casting...

The chemistry with Khaldor is a bit "off" but they havent really casted much together so thats pretty normal.....give em time.....

Also every (im not even gonna use the word "almost") caster that I have seen streaming in English (except Tastosis, Day9, and this young dude from NASL :D) are really horrible when it comes to general game knowledge/matchups etc....
The game has been out for over a year now and we have the same casters as we did a year ago....still the knowledge about the game is really bad IMO....casters really need to make an effort to learn the game....
Im just a zerg
Carthac
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States393 Posts
January 30 2012 19:29 GMT
#1340
On January 31 2012 04:14 Boof wrote:
Just gonna show some support for Moletrap here, in this suffocating ocean of fanboys.
I'd get rid of Tasteless sooner than Moletrap any day.


You trolling?
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 942
Larva 628
ggaemo 617
Mind 575
Stork 319
Leta 177
PianO 138
Killer 43
Hyuk 28
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 22
yabsab 20
Bisu 10
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 393
Reynor99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1148
Other Games
summit1g10369
C9.Mang0240
Sick208
Mew2King150
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick545
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2342
League of Legends
• Stunt1316
• Jankos1077
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 4m
Online Event
2h 4m
FEL
7h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.