• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10336 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 65

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 78 Next
dde
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada796 Posts
January 27 2012 23:54 GMT
#1281
i enjoy his voice + casting (not always but still) go moletrap
yes
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
January 27 2012 23:58 GMT
#1282
in order of how much i wanted them to stay casting:
Wolf
Khaldor
Moletrap
Doa

in order of how good they look/would look in suits
Khaldor
Moletrap
Doa
Wolf

the second category is more important.
Harrad
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
1003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 00:15:36
January 28 2012 00:13 GMT
#1283
I don't mean to hate on the person like some others here, but I have to say that I find him to be really unpleasant to listen to, plus lackluster game & player knowledge does not help either. That doesn't mean I think he's a horrible caster, it's just that he is subpar quality-wise especially compared to veteran casters like Artosis and Tasteless, which may or may not be acceptable when it comes to a tournament as elite as the GSL/GSTL.
therabit
Profile Joined August 2011
795 Posts
January 28 2012 02:19 GMT
#1284
I really didn't like his casting in the first season, but in the recent seasons he has improved a ton. I especially enjoy his solo code A casting. Sometimes I even like his casting more than tastosis (when they went on too long about random stuff). I do agree that he need to work on his game understading more but he's one of the caster that actually look up/trying to follow the korean scene closely (tatosis is not so good at this anymore since they travelling so much).
RogerChillingworth
Profile Joined March 2010
Chad3132 Posts
January 28 2012 05:43 GMT
#1285
On January 28 2012 11:19 therabit wrote:
I really didn't like his casting in the first season, but in the recent seasons he has improved a ton. I especially enjoy his solo code A casting. Sometimes I even like his casting more than tastosis (when they went on too long about random stuff). I do agree that he need to work on his game understading more but he's one of the caster that actually look up/trying to follow the korean scene closely (tatosis is not so good at this anymore since they travelling so much).


the fact that you like his casting more than tastosis means you don't respect good analytical commentary; the only reason to have someone commentate in the first place.
trickery
Profile Joined October 2011
United States37 Posts
January 28 2012 05:48 GMT
#1286
eh, I don't think moletrap is one of the worst caster but you think GOM would be able to find high quality caster. Personal taste I guess :/
"If you want peace, prepare for war" Sic transit gloria mundi
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
January 28 2012 06:08 GMT
#1287
I can't say I share the sentiments of others here as strongly, though to a degree I do see where they are coming from.

For me personally, Moletrap is all right. He certainly doesn't prevent me from watching GS(T)L. I will say though that i liked wolf, doa, and khaldor more.

If i had to just offer one criticism to him it's mostly his game knowledge. It's not awful, just not up to par with his co-casters which makes him look worse. Goodluck to him though. Hopefully he finds his niche and can improve as a caster.
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
Tipany
Profile Joined November 2010
United States368 Posts
January 28 2012 06:10 GMT
#1288
On January 28 2012 14:43 RogerChillingworth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 11:19 therabit wrote:
I really didn't like his casting in the first season, but in the recent seasons he has improved a ton. I especially enjoy his solo code A casting. Sometimes I even like his casting more than tastosis (when they went on too long about random stuff). I do agree that he need to work on his game understading more but he's one of the caster that actually look up/trying to follow the korean scene closely (tatosis is not so good at this anymore since they travelling so much).


the fact that you like his casting more than tastosis means you don't respect good analytical commentary; the only reason to have someone commentate in the first place.

Uh... I don't know, dude. I wouldn't say that Moletrap > Artosis for analytical commentary.

Never really thought that Moletrap's commentary was that high in quality. And I've listened to him starting WAY back in the day. Still distinctly remember his commentary for JulyZerg vs Sea on Loki 2.
wat.
tDKyou
Profile Joined September 2011
United States202 Posts
January 28 2012 06:12 GMT
#1289
OMG.... Pro lol
SeleCT - RainBOw - Bomber - TaeJa - Mvp
5unrise
Profile Joined May 2009
New Zealand646 Posts
January 28 2012 06:22 GMT
#1290
I actually followed moletrap's casting ever since the earliesh broodwar days, when he used to cast with the good old klazart. He has grown a lot as a caster. I remmeber back then his game knowledge was pretty poor at times. Klazart being the expert he is would be able to tell each player's strategy just based on their openings, without having to see their tech buildings, while moletrap would kind of comment as the game progresses. For example if protoss player is obviously making lots of goons, he would just say 'oh bisu is just massing dragoons. etc', and there was little in terms of analysis. Gradually he began casting games alone as his knowledge of the builds grow, and I began to like his casting. He improved more and more and was able to go into each player's game plan, builds, and motives, not just talking about what he sees on the map at the time. I actually like his voice, simply because he says things clearly, and with a good deal of emotions/ humour. It is based on this bw experience of moletrap that i began soughting out his casting in sc2.The only thing I found awkward when i actually saw him on gomtv's casting crew in person was just how short he was, which went against my imagined impression of him.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
January 28 2012 06:31 GMT
#1291
Thank goodness I bought premium+ tickets so I can watch the korean VODs whenever Moletrap is casting. Nothing against him personally, I just can't stand his lack of knowledge and general casting style.
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
January 28 2012 07:21 GMT
#1292
On January 28 2012 08:37 yoshi245 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 08:13 willoc wrote:
On January 28 2012 07:47 xlava wrote:
On January 28 2012 06:23 The.Imperator wrote:
Unfortunately I have to agree with the general sentiment about Moletrap's casting. After all this time he is still one of the worst casters that there is in the sc2 community.

Now if he was just casting some online weekly cups or something like that, then I would perfectly fine with it. However this is the freaking GSL, most prestigious league/tournament there is in SC2 and where a lot people actually pay to watch it.

GSL has the best players, best production and Tastosis. Caster like Moletrap just doesn't belong there.


Absolutely my sentiments as well.

I have no problem with pure love for the game, but I do have a problem when someone like Moletrap is casting a game that I'm paying to watch. I pay for the best: Tastetosis, and that's what I expect. Good casting makes the games twice as interesting, bad casting can be a detriment, and put me to sleep honestly...


Moletrap will get better as he goes. He was a great SC1 solo caster because of his knowledge and flow of casting. He doesn't seem to be very good with a partner but I'm guessing he is just inexperienced in that area.


And how long will that take? He's been casting Code A and GSTL for several months if not longer now with another person whether it's Wolf, Doa, or Khaldor.

Fact of the matter is, I am disappointed people are making excuses for him. He is a professional caster casting for the biggest SC2 league there is and his knowledge for someone in his position is absolutely abysmal, it's not just a few cases that can be forgiven either. It's as if he really was unintentionally disrespecting some of the players by mixing up various facts or game knowledge regarding them. Let alone the yelling he does, passion is one thing, but just trying to break my headphones is another, I have to turn the volume down before going deaf. The other problem is that for as long as he has been casting, overall quality of his casting has gone down, one can blame it due to downtime, but I find that an inherent issue that needs to be addressed(if that were the case, Khaldor would be a crappy caster due to the downtime as well, but that's obviously not the case since he kept busy the past month or so before returning to Korea). Unless he shows some improvement, GOM should really consider trying to stick Wolf in more often in his place with Khaldor.

I wouldn't be surprised if people were to rank the current GSL english speaking casters, Moletrap is most likely far in the bottom out of all of them. Sure there will be fans of his work, or people who think the criticism to him especially at the moment is harsh. But you can't argue it's not justified after hearing him most especially after today's GSTL match. A certain standard must be held, and right now, he's not cutting it.


It will take as long as it takes. I think he's gotten better for sure since he started. He used to give off this vibe that he was annoyed or hated his fellow caster but he doesn't seem to give it off anymore. Seems more professional. He has the potential to have lots of SC2 knowledge. Seems as if GOM might see this in him as well.

On another note, Wolf is just an exceptional caster. I believe he has less experience than the other casters but he is great and will become only better. Very sociable, charismatic and knowledgeable guy.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
January 28 2012 07:23 GMT
#1293
On January 28 2012 15:22 5unrise wrote:
I actually followed moletrap's casting ever since the earliesh broodwar days, when he used to cast with the good old klazart. He has grown a lot as a caster. I remmeber back then his game knowledge was pretty poor at times. Klazart being the expert he is would be able to tell each player's strategy just based on their openings, without having to see their tech buildings, while moletrap would kind of comment as the game progresses. For example if protoss player is obviously making lots of goons, he would just say 'oh bisu is just massing dragoons. etc', and there was little in terms of analysis. Gradually he began casting games alone as his knowledge of the builds grow, and I began to like his casting. He improved more and more and was able to go into each player's game plan, builds, and motives, not just talking about what he sees on the map at the time. I actually like his voice, simply because he says things clearly, and with a good deal of emotions/ humour. It is based on this bw experience of moletrap that i began soughting out his casting in sc2.The only thing I found awkward when i actually saw him on gomtv's casting crew in person was just how short he was, which went against my imagined impression of him.


I am pretty sure that was NOT the case.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
DYEAlabaster
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1009 Posts
January 28 2012 07:44 GMT
#1294
I really like MolDor... I hope that I'm not the only one. They have alot of energy, and while they aren't the smartest, I am very entertained watching them cast.
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
January 28 2012 07:54 GMT
#1295
I think the biggest problem is the Khaldor/Moletrap combination, one of them with Wolf is good/okay, but they aren't a good duo due to both being play by play casters and medicore chemistry :/ I hope Gom gets another analytical caster so we always have at least one caster who knows the game well :|
TheRPGAddict
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1403 Posts
January 28 2012 08:31 GMT
#1296
Gives me a good reason to utilize the Korean voice option aside from language dictation practice.
reptile
Profile Joined July 2010
United States210 Posts
January 28 2012 08:48 GMT
#1297
On January 28 2012 17:31 TheRPGAddict wrote:
Gives me a good reason to utilize the Korean voice option aside from language dictation practice.

I can't express my jealousy enough...
"When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back in the same box."
FastEddieV
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States614 Posts
January 28 2012 09:01 GMT
#1298
The two of them today showed a pretty mediocre cast. Calling NaDa as stc, EMPs being called nukes, enthusiasm/yelling at the strangest times... I really appreciate that they are there to do the casts, and I have been a follower of moletrap in the past when English SCBW commentary was just getting going, but it just felt sloppy. I'm sure they'll do better next cast.

Not everyone can be part of a casting archon like tastosis
platinum? more like leaf
setmeal
Profile Joined March 2011
162 Posts
January 28 2012 09:03 GMT
#1299
Moletrap has improved significantly. I would like to see him do a Artosis Moletrap casting duo. That would be seriously kick ass.
MetalLobster
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada532 Posts
January 28 2012 09:06 GMT
#1300
On January 28 2012 14:48 trickery wrote:
eh, I don't think moletrap is one of the worst caster but you think GOM would be able to find high quality caster. Personal taste I guess :/



There is an abundance of casters out there, but only so few that are willing to move to Korea.
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36569
Shuttle 2463
Bisu 1039
Horang2 947
Jaedong 867
Light 441
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 330
Hyuk 287
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
actioN 266
Soma 237
EffOrt 232
Zeus 202
ggaemo 197
Soulkey 162
Last 145
Snow 122
ZerO 118
Leta 118
Pusan 83
Rush 76
Killer 74
Sea.KH 54
hero 51
Mong 44
Sharp 40
Mind 36
Shinee 30
Shine 27
Aegong 27
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 23
soO 20
Sexy 19
PianO 19
Trap 17
Yoon 16
Free 14
sorry 13
Terrorterran 11
zelot 10
HiyA 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3942
qojqva1560
Dendi1010
League of Legends
Reynor92
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1282
x6flipin325
markeloff103
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes917
Other Games
gofns33183
singsing2163
B2W.Neo699
XBOCT361
DeMusliM188
Livibee180
XaKoH 152
Mlord151
Liquid`LucifroN121
Mew2King87
QueenE65
Chillindude11
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)6
ArmadaUGS0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2212
• TFBlade605
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
33m
Stellar Fest
33m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 33m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.