• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:26
CEST 15:26
KST 22:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)43Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8981 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73 74 Next
Mangemongen
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden125 Posts
April 26 2011 18:27 GMT
#81
On April 27 2011 03:24 pzea469 wrote:
I'll be uploading a short test video of gameplay with these textures shortly. I didn't pick the best scenarios but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I play with these textures and I love them so far. Mirror matchups cause me no confusions anymore, and I don't lose my observers.

After I fix up the textures and change a few more things, I'll upload them so you guys can try them out for yourselves.


Implement a "Like" button like on facebook. I want to Like this post.
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
April 26 2011 18:31 GMT
#82
i think its great!
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 18:35:21
April 26 2011 18:32 GMT
#83
spawning pool fluid and extractors look kinda dumb, but everything else is actually pretty neat.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 26 2011 18:36 GMT
#84
I like the general direction of this, and definitely think more team colour needs to be added to at least the zerg units. The benling just looks weird though...
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 26 2011 18:37 GMT
#85
On April 27 2011 03:27 Mangemongen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 03:24 pzea469 wrote:
I'll be uploading a short test video of gameplay with these textures shortly. I didn't pick the best scenarios but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I play with these textures and I love them so far. Mirror matchups cause me no confusions anymore, and I don't lose my observers.

After I fix up the textures and change a few more things, I'll upload them so you guys can try them out for yourselves.


Implement a "Like" button like on facebook. I want to Like this post.


I'd prefer if TL.net didn't become another social networking whore of a site like everywhere else lately...
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
April 26 2011 18:38 GMT
#86
I really like diffuse mod, but the specularity is too much. It would be awesome to have more graphic options for spectating. It is tough to watch mirror matchups on standard def. Zerglings especially.

I'm surprised at the people saying it looks childish. I think everything looks better especially the buildings. The only one that looks childish to me is the pink.
alepov
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands1132 Posts
April 26 2011 18:39 GMT
#87
looks awesome, would love this change
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 26 2011 19:10 GMT
#88


Still processing, but there ya go. Just a quick video test with it.
Kill the Deathball
CarachAngren
Profile Joined January 2011
United States84 Posts
April 26 2011 19:17 GMT
#89
It's a fantastic idea. I think you overdid the brightness of the colors a tad but just my opinion. I think if there was a middle ground between what you've done and what blizzard does would be just right. That being said, it would be awesome to have your color schemes for custom games.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 19:21:57
April 26 2011 19:21 GMT
#90
the new video is alright, the marauders and the zerg buildings seem a bit over the top on their colours, (the sample pic with the green zerg base for instance)
it would be awesome to see a video with every unit/building shown and pictures with every unit in every colour
also maybe dial the colour back maybe 25-30%
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
April 26 2011 19:33 GMT
#91
Zerg Hatchery, extractor, and spawning pool are fine with regular team colors, just maxed brightness. Can somebody send this to blizzard?
RyanRushia
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2748 Posts
April 26 2011 19:36 GMT
#92
nice idea man.... really really think that making the colors more noticeable would help observers and players alike
I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. | coL.Ryan | www.twitter.com/coL_RyanR
Lynda
Profile Joined May 2010
649 Posts
April 26 2011 19:37 GMT
#93
it'd be really amazing if this was implemented in the form of an extra option of display
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
April 26 2011 19:39 GMT
#94
This is especially usefully in ZvZ. I can never tell whose zergling is whose.

Also, those banelings look deliciously like candy.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
sevia
Profile Joined May 2010
United States954 Posts
April 26 2011 19:40 GMT
#95
I don't think I could play with it on all the time. Makes the buildings look a lot less natural.

That said, I think it would be nice as something that you can toggle on in observer mode. For example, holding down a hotkey before a big PvP engage so you can see what's going on, but then letting go once the battle is over to change the colors back to normal.
최지성 Bomber || 김동환 viOLet || 고병재 GuMiho
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
April 26 2011 19:45 GMT
#96
Ooh, although the banelings look a bit funny, I think i'm up for all this!
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
NikonTC
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
April 26 2011 19:46 GMT
#97
Love this idea, and it REALLY needs to be implemented. The amount of times I've been watching ZvZ and got excited that someone was winning a battle, only to realise that half the zerglings were actually the other guys and it was just impossible to tell with the quality... very annoying.

That said I agree that the buildings look a bit ugly with this setting (at least the zerg ones). To be honest it isnt the buildings that need stronger identification either, it's the units. Maybe it could be tweaked even more to make the units a bit bolder but the buildings slightly less so?
"IdrA crushes the marine push, absolutely demolishes this 2 rax play. Would not be suprised to see a GG from IdrA at any moment" Day[9]
Strike_
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands704 Posts
April 26 2011 19:47 GMT
#98
Wow that looks REALLY cool!
Is there any *legal* way to implement this in our game?
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
April 26 2011 19:47 GMT
#99
I really hope blizzard implements stronger team colours. This was a great idea you had man. I even remember casters looking at a mirror match and not knowing whos lings were whos or which zealots one player had. Great idea!
spacecoke
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden112 Posts
April 26 2011 19:49 GMT
#100
NO! You damn pictures looks like a kid's game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrCWmQZqPT4
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 72 73 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 955
SteadfastSC293
ComeBackTV 260
TaKeTV 243
LamboSC2157
Rex100
IndyStarCraft 56
EnkiAlexander 31
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 293
LamboSC2 157
ProTech142
Rex 100
IndyStarCraft 56
BRAT_OK 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38511
Shuttle 2609
Bisu 919
Horang2 879
Mini 724
Jaedong 722
EffOrt 639
Light 493
Soma 376
BeSt 370
[ Show more ]
firebathero 351
Hyuk 342
Stork 339
Snow 185
Rush 173
Zeus 156
ggaemo 152
ZerO 149
Last 147
Leta 83
hero 72
Pusan 69
sorry 67
Killer 60
Sharp 50
Mong 43
Mind 41
Shinee 29
Aegong 29
soO 27
Bale 27
Trap 25
Shine 25
ToSsGirL 24
Sexy 22
Free 20
NotJumperer 18
Terrorterran 17
Yoon 16
HiyA 15
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Sacsri 7
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6920
qojqva1626
Dendi816
Fuzer 97
420jenkins86
Counter-Strike
x6flipin408
markeloff355
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1980
crisheroes1043
XaKoH 162
Other Games
gofns35088
singsing2167
olofmeister1280
B2W.Neo1018
Mlord258
DeMusliM181
Livibee170
Liquid`VortiX132
Hui .129
Mew2King110
ArmadaUGS106
QueenE87
ZerO(Twitch)16
Chillindude14
Railgan10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream128
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1853
League of Legends
• Jankos2296
• Nemesis1601
• TFBlade861
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 34m
Stellar Fest
23h 34m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.