• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:30
CEST 14:30
KST 21:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10553 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 41

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 74 Next
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
July 20 2011 18:57 GMT
#801
On July 21 2011 03:33 GreatestThreat wrote:
It has nothing to do with whether I personally use it or not. When a tournament I want to watch, like oh, say, the iCCup Weekly is using it, and it's so distracting that I can't even finish a game, yeah I'm going to be mad. I'm frankly astounded at the amount of people that are praising this thing when during the beta you couldn't go three days without a discussion about the differences between SC2 and Brood War that brought up the fact that this game looks too colorful and cartoony in comparison.

Er, isn't one of the casters for the iCCup color-blind? If so, then I think they're fully justified in using the mod.
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
July 20 2011 19:03 GMT
#802
A question to you colourblind people, can't you seperate your own and your enemys units when you are green and he is red? I know that zergling vs zergling or zealot vs zealot can be hard to see if you are using like standard red and blue or custom colours, but with team colours I have no problems at all to tell the difference between any unit in the game on low with a 4:3 aspect ratio screen. I think many people are just using this as an excuse because they find this mod better looking, thats all.

Anyway, I'm always against mods in any game because I think you should always play the game standard and everyone should play on the same conditions and with this mod and glowing units and stuff it isnt. And I know Orb is using this because he is colourblind but if any caster is reading this, don't cast with this mod. It makes the game look like a kids game.
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
GreatestThreat
Profile Joined May 2010
United States631 Posts
July 20 2011 19:14 GMT
#803
I have no problem with orb using the mod if he's colorblind, but they don't have to use his view as the one they stream. There are two casters, let the other one broadcast the standard view of the game without the horrible color butchering.

To you colorblind people defending the mod, isn't it understandable that you can't fully appreciate how ugly it looks to everyone else? And if it isn't a mirror matchup, why do you need the color anyways? Telling brown zerglings and black marines apart really shouldn't be hard.
"I'm ethereal! My children are legion, serial! They stick to my skin like beloved cysts... I TEAR AWAY WITH MY NAILS AND TEETH AND FISTS!"
kingcoyote
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States546 Posts
July 20 2011 19:52 GMT
#804
On July 21 2011 04:03 Termit wrote:
A question to you colourblind people, can't you seperate your own and your enemys units when you are green and he is red?


The most common form of colorblindness is red-green colorblindness. I would assume this means the red-green colors are actually the worst.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 20:41:41
July 20 2011 20:40 GMT
#805
On July 21 2011 04:14 GreatestThreat wrote:
I have no problem with orb using the mod if he's colorblind, but they don't have to use his view as the one they stream. There are two casters, let the other one broadcast the standard view of the game without the horrible color butchering.

To you colorblind people defending the mod, isn't it understandable that you can't fully appreciate how ugly it looks to everyone else? And if it isn't a mirror matchup, why do you need the color anyways? Telling brown zerglings and black marines apart really shouldn't be hard.


I think you fail to understand that "everyone" else doesn't find it ugly. How long are you gonna keep complaining about something that doesn't really effect you, save for one stream perhaps?
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 21:10:50
July 20 2011 20:54 GMT
#806
On July 21 2011 03:33 GreatestThreat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 23:09 GGzerG wrote:
All the people who are complaining about this MOD should just NOT download it, simple as that, it's so pathetic to see how people can get mad at something they don't even have to use, where is the logic behind that, are you all like 10 years old or something?

This MOD 100% helped me and is still helping me improve my game and play better than I was able to before ESPECIALLY in ZvZ, WHY? You ask? Because I am partly color blind, so the brighter colors on banelings helps me insanely differentiate between the difference between my lings / blings between his lings / blings, yes I actually had a lot of trouble before I had this mod.

So before all of you go hating something you don't even use and don't even have to use, give a thought about how this could be possibly helping others who might actually need it, stop being so damn simple minded.


It has nothing to do with whether I personally use it or not. When a tournament I want to watch, like oh, say, the iCCup Weekly is using it, and it's so distracting that I can't even finish a game, yeah I'm going to be mad. I'm frankly astounded at the amount of people that are praising this thing when during the beta you couldn't go three days without a discussion about the differences between SC2 and Brood War that brought up the fact that this game looks too colorful and cartoony in comparison.

Also, I fail to see how players are using team color as the main determining factor in knowing which units are theirs and which are their enemy's. Doesn't the fact that they're coming from opposite directions to battle, or moving of their own accord (i.e. being controlled by the opponent) or the simple fact that when you box the units on the screen it only selects your own, do enough? Team color is almost not even necessary in a 1v1, and ESPECIALLY if it's not a mirror matchup. There should be an option to shut it off as far as I'm concerned.

Well, honestly, tampering with textures is a bannable offense and if casters/players using it annoys you, you should just report the mod to Blizzard and get it over with. Posting here doesn't make much sense. Personally I don't bother reporting stuff like this because I suck anyway, but I do wish Blizzard would crack down on it because it's just going to end with neon-bright ghosts/templars/infestors and attempts at making invisible units more visible. People most likely do stuff like that already but have the sense not to post about it.

Sure, maybe the alt-f red/green option isn't enough and Blizzard should implement something like this as an option, but free-for-all game file tampering needs to go away.
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-21 06:07:47
July 21 2011 06:07 GMT
#807
Hey pzea I'm wondering if it's at all even possible for the mod to be setup in a way that would be easily toggleable.

For example, if I could turn it on when casting a mirror match but then easily turn it back off for the non-mirrors, that'd probably help quite a bit. Is this at all possible to be implemented, or would I just have to manually do it with the mod file each time?

Thanks again for the awesome mod
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
default0
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation2 Posts
July 21 2011 08:29 GMT
#808
You should share it with some torrent tracker
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 22 2011 06:08 GMT
#809
I'm sorry so many of you do not like the way this mod looks. I'm still working on it but updates will be very slow until I return to the states. For people saying that they prefer the dark feel of sc2, I'm sorry but I have no idea there was any dark feel to it at all. BW had a dark feel and team colors in that game were stronger than in SC2. Someone said something about how banelings still explode into green, that's something that I'm trying to fix but I haven't found a solution yet. People who say that they can't understand how someone could mix things up in the game or how one could have a hard time distinguishing things. To argue against that I would say that I do have problems with that and that is why i started making this mod. I don't find the game to be as clear as it could be, mostly because of the blob effect, but also because of the team colors being relatively weak. But if you really never have problems with the game and think everything is crystal clear, then this mod isn't for you.

And please people stop using the example of making the ghost shiny and making it seem like that gives an unfair advantage. Thats just dumb, because there is really not much I could do to the ghost to make it stand out more than it does by default. The ghost is white!, and to top it off it has a purple energy bar on top of it! The only reason people think that ghosts are hard to spot is because you think of them as being small/skinny and balling up with marines/marauders and being under medivacs. Well this mod doesn't fix any of those problems. It will still ball up and be the same size and be invisible under a medivac, so yeah..... It's not hard to spot a ghost otherwise, just look for the small energy bar....

Orb, there is no way that I'm aware of to make it a toggleable option. Removing the mpq and putting it back is the only way I know to make it work, sorry.
Kill the Deathball
BlaDe977
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada73 Posts
July 22 2011 07:03 GMT
#810
sorry im not so good with computer stuff..
so i download the file and then a 'mods" folder comes up, inside it is libertymulti.sc2mod, and inside that is a file. i dont know what to do here and im confused. i would really appreciate any help thanks!
Im on the EU version and im on windows 7.
MC - total beast
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
July 22 2011 09:01 GMT
#811
On July 22 2011 15:08 pzea469 wrote:
I'm sorry so many of you do not like the way this mod looks. I'm still working on it but updates will be very slow until I return to the states.

Don't worry about it - there's loads of people who definitely DO like how it looks (me included), and you're never going to please everybody. Why some post to say they think it's stupid and unneeded eludes me though....

And please people stop using the example of making the ghost shiny and making it seem like that gives an unfair advantage. Thats just dumb, because there is really not much I could do to the ghost to make it stand out more than it does by default. The ghost is white!, and to top it off it has a purple energy bar on top of it! The only reason people think that ghosts are hard to spot is because you think of them as being small/skinny and balling up with marines/marauders and being under medivacs. Well this mod doesn't fix any of those problems. It will still ball up and be the same size and be invisible under a medivac, so yeah..... It's not hard to spot a ghost otherwise, just look for the small energy bar....

Indeed. With healthbars on any units with energy stand out like a sore thumb. People already have the ability to make ghosts incredibly to spot, far more than a small colour change could ever achieve.

Orb, there is no way that I'm aware of to make it a toggleable option. Removing the mpq and putting it back is the only way I know to make it work, sorry.

Perhaps instead if you offered 4 versions of the mod; one for ALL the changes, one for just zerg, one for just protoss, one for just terran. That way those people who only want to use this for mirror matches could only apply the colour change for their own race. It's not an ideal solution, but it would work.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
July 22 2011 09:04 GMT
#812
On July 22 2011 16:03 BlaDe977 wrote:
sorry im not so good with computer stuff..
so i download the file and then a 'mods" folder comes up, inside it is libertymulti.sc2mod, and inside that is a file. i dont know what to do here and im confused. i would really appreciate any help thanks!
Im on the EU version and im on windows 7.

The folder structure inside the zip file is simply trying to help show you where it should go in your Starcraft 2 directory. Simply copy the actual file into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod\
(or wherever your starcraft is installed)

and it should just work.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
July 22 2011 09:07 GMT
#813
I like the mod, I like the way it looks. I have no problem with streams that use it. I also have no need of it myself and therefore see no point in taking a (slight) risk installing it. But wanted to chime in anyway.
BlaDe977
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada73 Posts
July 22 2011 19:46 GMT
#814
On July 22 2011 18:04 Hairy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 16:03 BlaDe977 wrote:
sorry im not so good with computer stuff..
so i download the file and then a 'mods" folder comes up, inside it is libertymulti.sc2mod, and inside that is a file. i dont know what to do here and im confused. i would really appreciate any help thanks!
Im on the EU version and im on windows 7.

The folder structure inside the zip file is simply trying to help show you where it should go in your Starcraft 2 directory. Simply copy the actual file into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod\
(or wherever your starcraft is installed)

and it should just work.


aw thanks man i got it! thanks so much :DD ooohhh pretty colourss...
MC - total beast
Beastyqt
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Serbia516 Posts
July 22 2011 19:47 GMT
#815
I like this mod I watched some stream with it, but zergs extractors with it is so painful to watch
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Beastyqt YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/beastyqtsc2
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 22 2011 19:50 GMT
#816
Been using it for about a week now and it looks fantastic. Well done!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
July 22 2011 19:50 GMT
#817
yea it takes some getting used to or else it just looks really weird
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 24 2011 03:39 GMT
#818
On July 23 2011 04:47 Beastyqt wrote:
I like this mod I watched some stream with it, but zergs extractors with it is so painful to watch


I believe others share the same opinion about the zerg extractor, so i should look into changing the look. The original extractor has almost zero team color, so i gave it about equal amount to other buildings. This explains why it looks so different to how it does originally. I'll try and make some changes and post when i have something.
Kill the Deathball
Valmere
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4 Posts
July 25 2011 10:15 GMT
#819
Sitting here loling @ everyone that's against game modifications. Seriously, grow up.
wat
LtSMASH324
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1 Post
July 25 2011 23:00 GMT
#820
I have encountered a problem with the dark stalker mod... I downloaded the MPQ editor that Teliko linked and I opened enUS.SC2.mpq in the editor and placed the two dark stalker dds files inside the textures file... Wasn't quite sure what to do there so I tried just closing it, keeping it open, and clicking the close all MPQ files tab. Neither time did it work, and now I'm puzzled... :/ Help, anyone?
Khalani is the language "spoken" (via telepathy) by the protoss. Other races "hearing" Khalani being 'spoken' hear meaningless sounds, though protoss possess the ability to translate the language via telepathy.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36569
Shuttle 2463
Bisu 1039
Horang2 947
Jaedong 867
Light 441
BeSt 365
firebathero 333
Mini 330
Hyuk 287
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
actioN 266
Soma 237
EffOrt 232
Zeus 202
ggaemo 197
Soulkey 162
Last 145
Snow 122
Leta 118
ZerO 118
Pusan 83
Rush 76
Killer 74
hero 51
Mong 44
Sharp 40
Mind 36
Shinee 30
Shine 27
Aegong 27
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 23
soO 20
Sexy 19
PianO 19
Trap 17
Yoon 16
Free 14
sorry 13
Terrorterran 12
HiyA 10
zelot 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3942
qojqva1677
Dendi1010
League of Legends
Reynor92
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1282
x6flipin325
markeloff103
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes930
Other Games
gofns33636
singsing2163
B2W.Neo699
XBOCT361
DeMusliM188
Livibee180
XaKoH 152
Mlord151
Liquid`LucifroN121
ArmadaUGS113
Mew2King87
QueenE65
Chillindude13
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream204
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2128
• TFBlade639
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
30m
Stellar Fest
30m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 30m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.