• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:50
CEST 01:50
KST 08:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9081 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 40

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 74 Next
steamrice
Profile Joined August 2010
435 Posts
July 19 2011 20:27 GMT
#781
Mod is headed towards a dangerous path imo... I thought it was fine that the color was just more pronounced.

Now you guys are going with shiny/glowing units... the visual advantage on that one can be done by making certain units dull and specific units neon bright (ghosts for example). Blizzard can't possibly be ok with people doing that to their competitive game.
alexey350
Profile Joined August 2010
United States22 Posts
July 19 2011 20:54 GMT
#782
On July 20 2011 05:27 steamrice wrote:
Mod is headed towards a dangerous path imo... I thought it was fine that the color was just more pronounced.

Now you guys are going with shiny/glowing units... the visual advantage on that one can be done by making certain units dull and specific units neon bright (ghosts for example). Blizzard can't possibly be ok with people doing that to their competitive game.


I kinda agree with this but I think it would still be a great tool for casters. Blizzard should take this into their own hands and just make the damn colors more pronounced... what's hard about that? Also I stumbled on to another thread the other day where allowing the option of 2 colors for your units in order to represent team colors would be great (only for custom games of course) - I think that would add to the spectator experience as well.
"The doer alone learneth." - Friedrich Nietzsche
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
July 19 2011 21:29 GMT
#783
On July 20 2011 05:54 alexey350 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 05:27 steamrice wrote:
Mod is headed towards a dangerous path imo... I thought it was fine that the color was just more pronounced.

Now you guys are going with shiny/glowing units... the visual advantage on that one can be done by making certain units dull and specific units neon bright (ghosts for example). Blizzard can't possibly be ok with people doing that to their competitive game.


I kinda agree with this but I think it would still be a great tool for casters. Blizzard should take this into their own hands and just make the damn colors more pronounced... what's hard about that? Also I stumbled on to another thread the other day where allowing the option of 2 colors for your units in order to represent team colors would be great (only for custom games of course) - I think that would add to the spectator experience as well.


Well, to be fair they did try. SC2 used to be much more colorful when it was first revealed stuff was much more colorful and people raged about how it looked too much like WoW....

"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
July 19 2011 21:34 GMT
#784
On July 20 2011 06:29 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 05:54 alexey350 wrote:
On July 20 2011 05:27 steamrice wrote:
Mod is headed towards a dangerous path imo... I thought it was fine that the color was just more pronounced.

Now you guys are going with shiny/glowing units... the visual advantage on that one can be done by making certain units dull and specific units neon bright (ghosts for example). Blizzard can't possibly be ok with people doing that to their competitive game.


I kinda agree with this but I think it would still be a great tool for casters. Blizzard should take this into their own hands and just make the damn colors more pronounced... what's hard about that? Also I stumbled on to another thread the other day where allowing the option of 2 colors for your units in order to represent team colors would be great (only for custom games of course) - I think that would add to the spectator experience as well.


Well, to be fair they did try. SC2 used to be much more colorful when it was first revealed stuff was much more colorful and people raged about how it looked too much like WoW....


But I hear few people complaining about this mod (well, before the latest development with "glow" at least >_>), so it's not a matter of principle, but execution.

Make it tasteless and find the right balance. I think the majority opinion is that some units could really use more pronounced colours.
Buubble
Profile Joined January 2009
United States191 Posts
July 19 2011 23:04 GMT
#785
On July 20 2011 04:00 alokin wrote:
Hey guys just a heads up:

I was unable to patch my SC2 due to these mods. I had to delete them in order for it to complete. (Patching was stuck at 70% everytime - once I deleted the mod it was all good)


Isolated incident I think. Mine worked great.
JungHyun
Profile Joined January 2011
United States47 Posts
July 20 2011 10:44 GMT
#786
Really neat mod, I'd be happy to try it out once I build my new PC! Makes the game a lot more distinguishable and playable in my opinion. I think some players would rather stick to the "dark" feel of StarCraft II though. It's all about preference, I guess.
Age is only a number.
GreatestThreat
Profile Joined May 2010
United States631 Posts
July 20 2011 10:53 GMT
#787
I don't understand how so many people can like this mod - before this thread I had pretty much never seen anyone complain about the level of team color in SC2 and I've never had any problem telling the sides apart, so not only do I feel like this is sort of pointless, but it looks so absolutely atrocious and distracting that streams using it are basically ruining the viewing experience for me. This looks like the first alpha videos of the game that blizzard released but WORSE, and the amount of backlash they got for the overly colorful look of the game back then was tremendous.

I'm sorry to have to bash it like this after the amount of time someone put into making such a mod for the game but in my opinion it looks game-wreckingly terrible. :/
"I'm ethereal! My children are legion, serial! They stick to my skin like beloved cysts... I TEAR AWAY WITH MY NAILS AND TEETH AND FISTS!"
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
July 20 2011 10:54 GMT
#788
I prefer for TRON Protosses, like new Stalker. That will be great.

And I dont like those uber-colored buildings and units, makes SC2 more like Red Alert 3 with TOY'ish stuff
GreatestThreat
Profile Joined May 2010
United States631 Posts
July 20 2011 11:01 GMT
#789
On July 20 2011 19:44 JungHyun wrote:
I think some players would rather stick to the "dark" feel of StarCraft II though.


Thing is, this game doesn't even HAVE much of a dark feel compared to Brood War. During the beta the vast majority consensus was actually that SC2 was still TOO colorful, and we had people making mods with darker textures, pretty much the exact opposite idea of this thread, and at the time they were pretty popular. Why are we suddenly taking a step backwards now with this hideous stronger color thing? It makes the game look outrageously silly.
"I'm ethereal! My children are legion, serial! They stick to my skin like beloved cysts... I TEAR AWAY WITH MY NAILS AND TEETH AND FISTS!"
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 11:18:37
July 20 2011 11:14 GMT
#790
On July 20 2011 20:01 GreatestThreat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 19:44 JungHyun wrote:
I think some players would rather stick to the "dark" feel of StarCraft II though.


Thing is, this game doesn't even HAVE much of a dark feel compared to Brood War. During the beta the vast majority consensus was actually that SC2 was still TOO colorful, and we had people making mods with darker textures, pretty much the exact opposite idea of this thread, and at the time they were pretty popular. Why are we suddenly taking a step backwards now with this hideous stronger color thing? It makes the game look outrageously silly.


I couldn't care less what the game looks like aesthetically, and i think others would agree. It's about faster and easier recognition. In ZvZ for me it's far easier to differentiate units. Untill blizz flat out says it's illegal (or maybe if they actually take action against it) I'll keep using it.
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
July 20 2011 13:58 GMT
#791
On July 20 2011 19:53 GreatestThreat wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can like this mod - before this thread I had pretty much never seen anyone complain about the level of team color in SC2 and I've never had any problem telling the sides apart, so not only do I feel like this is sort of pointless, but it looks so absolutely atrocious and distracting that streams using it are basically ruining the viewing experience for me. This looks like the first alpha videos of the game that blizzard released but WORSE, and the amount of backlash they got for the overly colorful look of the game back then was tremendous.

I'm sorry to have to bash it like this after the amount of time someone put into making such a mod for the game but in my opinion it looks game-wreckingly terrible. :/

Don't use it then.

On July 20 2011 20:01 GreatestThreat wrote:
During the beta the vast majority consensus was actually that SC2 was still TOO colorful, and we had people making mods with darker textures, pretty much the exact opposite idea of this thread, and at the time they were pretty popular. Why are we suddenly taking a step backwards now with this hideous stronger color thing? It makes the game look outrageously silly.

Don't use it then.


It's quite simple. The mod intends to make teams easier to identify through strengthening the colours. If you think that there is no need to make it easier to identify teams and/or the colour changes are unsightly then don't use it.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
July 20 2011 14:04 GMT
#792
On July 20 2011 19:53 GreatestThreat wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can like this mod - before this thread I had pretty much never seen anyone complain about the level of team color in SC2 and I've never had any problem telling the sides apart, so not only do I feel like this is sort of pointless, but it looks so absolutely atrocious and distracting that streams using it are basically ruining the viewing experience for me. This looks like the first alpha videos of the game that blizzard released but WORSE, and the amount of backlash they got for the overly colorful look of the game back then was tremendous.

I'm sorry to have to bash it like this after the amount of time someone put into making such a mod for the game but in my opinion it looks game-wreckingly terrible. :/

I agree with this. Are you people blind? How can you not distinguish between the colours already?
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
July 20 2011 14:09 GMT
#793
All the people who are complaining about this MOD should just NOT download it, simple as that, it's so pathetic to see how people can get mad at something they don't even have to use, where is the logic behind that, are you all like 10 years old or something?

This MOD 100% helped me and is still helping me improve my game and play better than I was able to before ESPECIALLY in ZvZ, WHY? You ask? Because I am partly color blind, so the brighter colors on banelings helps me insanely differentiate between the difference between my lings / blings between his lings / blings, yes I actually had a lot of trouble before I had this mod.

So before all of you go hating something you don't even use and don't even have to use, give a thought about how this could be possibly helping others who might actually need it, stop being so damn simple minded.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
FeiLing
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany428 Posts
July 20 2011 14:13 GMT
#794
If Zerglings or Zealots for e.g. fight each other, you can't really see which units belong to whom, especially with similar colors. So... there is a use for this. I don't like how it looks though plus I'd never modify something that benefits me so little but might potentially get me banned some day.
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
July 20 2011 14:19 GMT
#795
From what I have seen in ICCup Korean Weekly stream, there are a few things taht I do not like.
Baneling glowing in the team color are silly because then they explode green, the extractors look like something that I can no tidentify. The zealots could use a bit less color.
Other than that, it is great, I think just some units need a finer tunning like the ones I said above, or the goddamn zerg extractor, reminds me of an elephant as it is right now O.o
VaultDweller
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania132 Posts
July 20 2011 14:26 GMT
#796
On July 20 2011 23:04 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 19:53 GreatestThreat wrote:
I don't understand how so many people can like this mod - before this thread I had pretty much never seen anyone complain about the level of team color in SC2 and I've never had any problem telling the sides apart, so not only do I feel like this is sort of pointless, but it looks so absolutely atrocious and distracting that streams using it are basically ruining the viewing experience for me. This looks like the first alpha videos of the game that blizzard released but WORSE, and the amount of backlash they got for the overly colorful look of the game back then was tremendous.

I'm sorry to have to bash it like this after the amount of time someone put into making such a mod for the game but in my opinion it looks game-wreckingly terrible. :/

I agree with this. Are you people blind? How can you not distinguish between the colours already?


Try watching a ZvZ on a stream with low settings when one guy has purple and one has blue.

There is certainly a problem with certain color combinations in ZvZ that could justify this mod but other than that it's just silly and it's starting to thread in the direction of visual aid for those using it.
"If you don't like it, don't use it" but what happens when my opponent uses it and it makes it easier for him to play?
"War is not about who's right- it's about who's left."
EvilZergling
Profile Joined September 2010
United States194 Posts
July 20 2011 18:18 GMT
#797
Has anyone been banned or suspended from something like this yet?

I really like the idea of this mod but I'm afraid to try it out.

I'm an ex-Blizzard employee and know from experience that this is a bannable offense even if it isn't hurting anyone. It's not something that Blizzard is going to go out of their way to look for but if it just happens to be witnessed or caught the account in question would automatically receive a ban/suspension/ or a lock.

Has anyone received any backlash? I'm really interested in trying this for myself.


-Thank you
CC first, or die trying. [http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438152#11]
GreatestThreat
Profile Joined May 2010
United States631 Posts
July 20 2011 18:33 GMT
#798
On July 20 2011 23:09 GGzerG wrote:
All the people who are complaining about this MOD should just NOT download it, simple as that, it's so pathetic to see how people can get mad at something they don't even have to use, where is the logic behind that, are you all like 10 years old or something?

This MOD 100% helped me and is still helping me improve my game and play better than I was able to before ESPECIALLY in ZvZ, WHY? You ask? Because I am partly color blind, so the brighter colors on banelings helps me insanely differentiate between the difference between my lings / blings between his lings / blings, yes I actually had a lot of trouble before I had this mod.

So before all of you go hating something you don't even use and don't even have to use, give a thought about how this could be possibly helping others who might actually need it, stop being so damn simple minded.


It has nothing to do with whether I personally use it or not. When a tournament I want to watch, like oh, say, the iCCup Weekly is using it, and it's so distracting that I can't even finish a game, yeah I'm going to be mad. I'm frankly astounded at the amount of people that are praising this thing when during the beta you couldn't go three days without a discussion about the differences between SC2 and Brood War that brought up the fact that this game looks too colorful and cartoony in comparison.

Also, I fail to see how players are using team color as the main determining factor in knowing which units are theirs and which are their enemy's. Doesn't the fact that they're coming from opposite directions to battle, or moving of their own accord (i.e. being controlled by the opponent) or the simple fact that when you box the units on the screen it only selects your own, do enough? Team color is almost not even necessary in a 1v1, and ESPECIALLY if it's not a mirror matchup. There should be an option to shut it off as far as I'm concerned.
"I'm ethereal! My children are legion, serial! They stick to my skin like beloved cysts... I TEAR AWAY WITH MY NAILS AND TEETH AND FISTS!"
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
July 20 2011 18:39 GMT
#799
I've been using this for a couple months, I haven't had any problems with bans/updates/gameplay, etc. Pretty good mod, although I've come to the realization that I don't really need it still cool to have tho.
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
EvilZergling
Profile Joined September 2010
United States194 Posts
July 20 2011 18:47 GMT
#800
After looking at the stream vod of ladder play attached by the OP, I must add that the high saturation of color looks more distracting than normal. I was hoping this was help highlight specific units making them easier to spot. For example: being able to spot HT's easier so I could NP them individually with ease. I'm not sure this mod would help something like that and strictly speaking for a zerg point of view it really makes our bases look completely cluttered. Just a big blurr of color saturation that is a bit overwhelming. But that's simply one person's review .



CC first, or die trying. [http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=438152#11]
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12497
Rain 654
Artosis 619
White-Ra 204
ToSsGirL 40
Dota 2
monkeys_forever515
NeuroSwarm152
League of Legends
Doublelift4398
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1347
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1832
Other Games
summit1g7872
Grubby2367
ArmadaUGS718
shahzam599
JimRising 488
Day[9].tv458
C9.Mang0299
ViBE151
Maynarde103
Trikslyr55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta34
• musti20045 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1307
• Day9tv458
• Shiphtur284
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 10m
OSC
13h 10m
Stellar Fest
13h 10m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.