• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8443 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 74 Next
Frostler
Profile Joined April 2011
United States41 Posts
June 18 2011 19:10 GMT
#541
Anyone else get the error message that the "archive is either unknown format or damaged"?
"I just need more Roaches"
HydroXy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States513 Posts
June 18 2011 19:14 GMT
#542
Just to try to help clear the confusion surrounding the legality of the mod, I'll requote this:

On June 18 2011 23:53 smurfdevil wrote:
In Short: It is a exploitation, and a modification. Even if it is the slightest it will still be one and it is detectable.


I'm not sure I'd call it an "exploit," which generally carries the connotation of a player intentionally abusing something to gain an unfair advantage (i.e., cheating), but it certainly is a modification and it certainly is detectable.

Many people have modded their games to change the picture that shows up in the Battle.net UI (the picture that changes when you select a race before searching ladder), and I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for that. To be sure, that is a modification and it is detectable, but it's harmless. I'm inclined to think (or at least hope) Blizzard won't ban for harmless modifications that are simply making the game more enjoyable (or more playable for our sight-impaired friends) and which are not modifications for exploitation or cheating.
lowallyn
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada84 Posts
June 18 2011 19:25 GMT
#543
so cool!
Eat bitter.
Deleted User 176289
Profile Joined April 2011
169 Posts
June 18 2011 20:09 GMT
#544
--- Nuked ---
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 19 2011 02:08 GMT
#545
On June 19 2011 03:24 AndreiDaGiant wrote:
definitely an improvement except for the spawning pool which looks retarded


I think ur reffering to the spawning pool in the old test video I made. I have since changed the liquid back to how it was.
Kill the Deathball
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
June 19 2011 02:11 GMT
#546
I'm surprised there aren't more texture packs.
Die tomorrow - Live today
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 19 2011 02:53 GMT
#547
On June 19 2011 03:08 Daralii wrote:
Grats on getting a shoutout from DoA on Twitter. :D


whoa! I gotta go check that out haha. Thanks for the heads up.
Kill the Deathball
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
June 19 2011 04:19 GMT
#548
On June 19 2011 11:53 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2011 03:08 Daralii wrote:
Grats on getting a shoutout from DoA on Twitter. :D


whoa! I gotta go check that out haha. Thanks for the heads up.

It was retweeted by djwheat too. I hope more prominent members of the community become aware of this mod. But I think most casters are still afraid of the legality issues.
Tweleve
Profile Joined March 2011
United States644 Posts
June 19 2011 04:24 GMT
#549
I wish bnet would allow you to pick preferred colors for league play

Also, anyone know why you can't pick the extra colors in 1v1 custom? I only see them available for team games
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 19 2011 05:07 GMT
#550
On June 19 2011 13:24 SentinelSC2 wrote:
I wish bnet would allow you to pick preferred colors for league play

Also, anyone know why you can't pick the extra colors in 1v1 custom? I only see them available for team games


Yeah.... there's really no reason for why Blizzard hasn't allowed this. I understand if it didn't make it for release, but really, picking your preferred color for league play should have been implemented by now. Tired of red and blue only. My guess is they feel there are more important things to do and they're probably busy with hots. I just wish they would hire a small team to take care of the small and practical things that bnet is missing. But i don't want to judge too much, I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Kill the Deathball
Tweleve
Profile Joined March 2011
United States644 Posts
June 19 2011 05:09 GMT
#551
On June 19 2011 14:07 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2011 13:24 SentinelSC2 wrote:
I wish bnet would allow you to pick preferred colors for league play

Also, anyone know why you can't pick the extra colors in 1v1 custom? I only see them available for team games


Yeah.... there's really no reason for why Blizzard hasn't allowed this. I understand if it didn't make it for release, but really, picking your preferred color for league play should have been implemented by now. Tired of red and blue only. My guess is they feel there are more important things to do and they're probably busy with hots. I just wish they would hire a small team to take care of the small and practical things that bnet is missing. But i don't want to judge too much, I'm sure they know what they're doing.


I don't want to assume how easy such a thing would be to implement but I figured they could do what they did with the map veto system
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Tsavong
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada15 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 15:11:39
June 19 2011 15:11 GMT
#552
I like the way the new color zones on the units look, they definitely help distinguish the teams by adding more markers.

However, I think the actual color selection makes the game more difficult to watch. I watched some of the stream, and the greens looked too green and reds too red resulting in visual overload. Have you tried using the new color markings with the original blizzard colors? I think the extra markings would be enough to help differentiate the teams without sacrificing the visual fidelity of the game.

Just my 2c.
SoJu.WeRRa
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)820 Posts
June 19 2011 15:19 GMT
#553
Thats look awesome and much better than original colour.
I will support this!
나를 찢어갈겨이씨발놈아왜나를미치게만들어니가뭘아는데?
Nue
Profile Joined May 2010
United States25 Posts
June 19 2011 15:37 GMT
#554
I love this mod, no problems with me. Only thing is sometimes the color is TOO exuberant. If you get what I'm saying
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 15:54:06
June 19 2011 15:47 GMT
#555
So when can we expect a "final" version? Looks really awesome in most of those pictures.

I have a bigger problem with the game, in that i want to use sound ques to determine when things are done but the zerg sounds especially sound like a buch of random ambient noises so i simply cannot rely on it ;< is there a way to fix this?

(as an example the sc bw extractor says BWZZZZZZUZMMMMMZZZZ when its done but the sc2 extractor says haaaaaaaaah."
"Mudkip"
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 16:19:30
June 19 2011 16:18 GMT
#556
On June 20 2011 00:37 Nue wrote:
I love this mod, no problems with me. Only thing is sometimes the color is TOO exuberant. If you get what I'm saying


I know what you mean. Let me clear up some confusion. (I think I put this in the OP but I'm not sure, I'll check later.) Here is the problem. Alt+F green and red are always going to be a lot stronger than the regular colors. This mod was made with the aim to make the default colors better. The Alt+F were already pretty strong. The problem is that as spectators, when we watch two guys duke it out in the NASL for example, Alt+F is not an option. And even if it was, it would limit us to watching players play in 2 colors only. So focusing on Alt+F colors wasn't the way to go. So with this mod I am concentrating on the regular colors, the red and blue in ladder, and all the other colors you can pick in custom games. When people play and use the Alt+F colors plus this mod, the colors are going to be very strong. Some people may like that, but others will be turned off by how strong the colors are. So the solution is to just use the regular colors for people that plan to stream. They should really be strong enough with this mod, and there isn't much reason to use ALT+F after installing this.

If you mean that the regular colors are too strong, well imo it's more or less fine. Maybe a bit of tweaking on some things, but I'm pretty satisfied with the intensity of the regular colors. This might change if a lot of people decide to let me know I'm wrong though lol.
Kill the Deathball
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 19 2011 16:28 GMT
#557
On June 20 2011 00:47 Madkipz wrote:
So when can we expect a "final" version? Looks really awesome in most of those pictures.

I have a bigger problem with the game, in that i want to use sound ques to determine when things are done but the zerg sounds especially sound like a buch of random ambient noises so i simply cannot rely on it ;< is there a way to fix this?

(as an example the sc bw extractor says BWZZZZZZUZMMMMMZZZZ when its done but the sc2 extractor says haaaaaaaaah."


Well I'm still changing a few things, and ive been busy.... I had some time to work on this after my semester ended but i got distracted lol. And now im in a summer calculus class in which i'm not doing very well in soooo :/

I'll try to come up with a new version soon though, but I'd really like to make more changes than what i have planned. I was thinking of playing around with the banelings for example. I noticed that ZvZ was a lot better, but in lets say PvZ, when a protoss would look at a zergling baneling army, it looks a little more confusing since you can't INSTANTLY spot the green banes. While not a big deal like it was in ZvZ, I still want the instant clarity that was there before to remain since that is what this whole project is about. I was thinking of leaving some of the middle of each baneling circle green and have it fade into team color. Just a possibility. But what I'm getting at is I'd rather put everything together at once and then release it all instead of making people re-install everything many times.

I'll definitely get on it soon though, i promise.

As for the sound problem, I'm not sure if I can help. I have edited a lot of sounds so maybe I'll come up with something, but I'd have to get on my home computer to play around with that. BW sounds = EarHeaven
Kill the Deathball
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 16:57:46
June 19 2011 16:39 GMT
#558
This is awesome :D I'll be using it in my stream:
www.livestream.com/kyoproductions If you'd like to add it to the list!

Really really like this, nice work man - I think it's even easier to play with also :D
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
quRax
Profile Joined January 2011
Korea (South)264 Posts
June 19 2011 16:46 GMT
#559
I really like it, Nice job !
Polt, Polt and Polt.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 17:50:41
June 19 2011 17:37 GMT
#560
On June 20 2011 01:39 tQKyo wrote:
This is awesome :D I'll be using it in my stream:
www.livestream.com/kyoproductions If you'd like to add it to the list!

Really really like this, nice work man - I think it's even easier to play with also :D


I'll add it right now. I'm glad you like it.

By the way I'll be adding other things I've made unrelated to this mod at the very bottom of the OP inside a spoiler. I'm doing this because I don't want to make any more Mods Threads and clog TL with them. I'd rather just put them at the bottom for ppl to check out if they feel like it.
Kill the Deathball
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE68
Nina 59
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 196
Dewaltoss 81
Hyuk 62
Noble 25
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm108
League of Legends
Doublelift3948
Counter-Strike
Fnx 748
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5301
Khaldor764
Other Games
summit1g7887
FrodaN2138
shahzam496
JimRising 284
KnowMe278
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS108
ZombieGrub93
Trikslyr42
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2605
Other Games
• imaqtpie862
• Shiphtur190
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 24m
Online Event
12h 24m
FEL
17h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.