• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:01
CEST 04:01
KST 11:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7827 users

Base Camera Inject. Queen melt down, SOLVED - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
pilsken
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany441 Posts
March 07 2011 13:16 GMT
#101
Hmmm, If I can not mindlessly spam then I don't see how it is faster than the alternative which is

1) select queens
2) hold shift +V
3) press backspace
4) visual check, is queen next to hatch?
4 Yes) Click
4 No) repeat step


A visual check is always slower than doing something by habit. Yes, you actually need to CONTROL your clicks while doing that, but if you get a rythm and leave about half-a-second inbetween each click you still need no visual check, get no wandering queens and are still faster than pretty much every other method. Why you would want to spam your clicks if you can achieve the same thing with properly timed controlled clicks is beyond me. It might take some time to learn it, but that goes for everything in SC.
Ctuchik
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden91 Posts
March 07 2011 13:27 GMT
#102
For some reason I can't disengage the follow cam by scrolling or selecting a different group. I need to hit the hotkey again.

http://twitter.com/sc2statistics
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
March 07 2011 13:50 GMT
#103
On March 07 2011 22:27 Ctuchik wrote:
For some reason I can't disengage the follow cam by scrolling or selecting a different group. I need to hit the hotkey again.



When you're following a unit, edge scrolling has a little bit of slack so that you don't break the follow by accident. You have to scroll off the edge of the screen for a little bit longer than you would expect to untoggle follow.
Morphs
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands645 Posts
March 07 2011 13:54 GMT
#104
This technique sounds interesting. I get quite some queen meltdowns during the later stages of the game when I have 3+ bases and 1-2 extra hatcheries. Really, any way to reduce the mechanics gap between Z and T/P is more than welcome!
Eka
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden71 Posts
March 07 2011 14:03 GMT
#105
Just wanted to tip others use follow cam and base cam on same key, just have one while shift is pressed.

Have follow cam on tilt (one next to 1), and base cam on shift + tilt. Makes is sooo easy to do since you will be holding down shift anyway to incect all the bases.

Queens -> V -> Tilt -> Shift down -> Tilt untill done -> Shift up
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
March 07 2011 14:07 GMT
#106
On March 07 2011 23:03 Eka wrote:
Just wanted to tip others use follow cam and base cam on same key, just have one while shift is pressed.

Have follow cam on tilt (one next to 1), and base cam on shift + tilt. Makes is sooo easy to do since you will be holding down shift anyway to incect all the bases.

Queens -> V -> Tilt -> Shift down -> Tilt untill done -> Shift up


This will make it so its automatic, wow. This is awesome thankyou.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
March 07 2011 14:07 GMT
#107
props to you chefstracraft for discovering this!
Im very used to the mass hatch single queen hotkey method but i will definitely try this one!

I imagine this to be included into my hotkey spamming pattern so i can blindly inject in 0.5sec and switch back to my army tab!

Cute trick!
pAnic677
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal26 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 14:29:25
March 07 2011 14:28 GMT
#108
good stuff man! <3 i am a big fan of it! i think i am gonna go try it out right now! :D see ya in there!
f_Ce
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany29 Posts
March 07 2011 14:32 GMT
#109
After reading the OP I thought this might be a nice technique. But as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, if you spam click to fast, you will hit hatches with no queens attached. So I searched the forums a little and found Queen Inject Using Camera Hotkeys.

What I currently gonna try is this setup:
Rebind some screenlocation hotkeys to shift+Q/W/E/R and set them to your hatches with queens available. Select your queens, hit shift+V, hold shift and then hit Q click, W click, E click, R click.
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 14:41:04
March 07 2011 14:36 GMT
#110
On March 07 2011 23:07 ChefStarCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 23:03 Eka wrote:
Just wanted to tip others use follow cam and base cam on same key, just have one while shift is pressed.

Have follow cam on tilt (one next to 1), and base cam on shift + tilt. Makes is sooo easy to do since you will be holding down shift anyway to incect all the bases.

Queens -> V -> Tilt -> Shift down -> Tilt untill done -> Shift up


This will make it so its automatic, wow. This is awesome thankyou.


You can make the motion completely automatic and exactly as before by setting `Shift' to `Center on Current Selection' (rather than `Follow Current Selection'). `Center on Current Selection' is a modifier instead of toggling, so if you bind this and do the usual motion:

Queens -> Inject larva -> *shift down* -> [base camera, inject] -> shift up

it all works out peachy and you don't have to change what you're used to. However, binding shift will cause your camera to snap to your selection whenever you hit shift which is a no-go for most people.

(Note: doing something similar by setting base camera and center both on, e.g., shift+~ or ~ and shift+~, doesn't work because 1) non-shift hotkeys fire do not fire if their shift counterpart is bound and 2) you can't bind multiple global functions to a single hotkey.)
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
March 07 2011 14:44 GMT
#111
On March 07 2011 22:16 pilsken wrote:
Show nested quote +
Hmmm, If I can not mindlessly spam then I don't see how it is faster than the alternative which is

1) select queens
2) hold shift +V
3) press backspace
4) visual check, is queen next to hatch?
4 Yes) Click
4 No) repeat step


A visual check is always slower than doing something by habit. Yes, you actually need to CONTROL your clicks while doing that, but if you get a rythm and leave about half-a-second inbetween each click you still need no visual check, get no wandering queens and are still faster than pretty much every other method. Why you would want to spam your clicks if you can achieve the same thing with properly timed controlled clicks is beyond me. It might take some time to learn it, but that goes for everything in SC.



so the options are mindlessly clicking but leaving half a second or attempt to do the visual check within that half second, I don't think there is much difference with either method when starting out. However over time I'm sure the visual check would be faster if its just a glance and one would get use to pattern as it cycles through hatcheries.
FlashDave.999 aka Star
Co-lol-sus
Profile Joined December 2010
Bulgaria141 Posts
March 07 2011 14:45 GMT
#112
On March 07 2011 14:47 FabledIntegral wrote:
lol i still inject using the minimap

EDIT: as in i click the base of each minimap and then manually inject each one :S


This is exactly what I do, and in fact I was totally unaware that people were arguing against it. I thought it was pretty much decided to be the fastest-cleanest method if you're self-aware when it comes to queen energy?

I've never bothered to expand my knowledge on all of these 'Queen mechanics' much because I didn't know people had apparently found a 'better' way (a way that stops your queen from running across the map? If so, I don't know why there is an entire godamn thread dedicated to saving yourself ONE SINGLE CLICK, I never thought you needed to come up with any sort of 'technique' to stop your queen from running across the map.).
"You hatchet faced nutmeg dealer!" - Stephen Douglas to debate opponent Abraham Lincoln
Eka
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden71 Posts
March 07 2011 14:53 GMT
#113
On March 07 2011 23:45 Co-lol-sus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 14:47 FabledIntegral wrote:
lol i still inject using the minimap

EDIT: as in i click the base of each minimap and then manually inject each one :S


This is exactly what I do, and in fact I was totally unaware that people were arguing against it. I thought it was pretty much decided to be the fastest-cleanest method if you're self-aware when it comes to queen energy?

I've never bothered to expand my knowledge on all of these 'Queen mechanics' much because I didn't know people had apparently found a 'better' way (a way that stops your queen from running across the map? If so, I don't know why there is an entire godamn thread dedicated to saving yourself ONE SINGLE CLICK, I never thought you needed to come up with any sort of 'technique' to stop your queen from running across the map.).


Its like coffee, everyone have their own preference.

I love this method because it fits my way of using my mouse and keyboard. I learn pattern once, and then its there.
Nolari
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands51 Posts
March 07 2011 14:58 GMT
#114
Just tried this new method out, and I can't say I'm a fan. Perhaps I'm "doing it wrong"?

With the "old" backspace inject method you can keep your mouse cursor still during the whole thing. With this "new" method the camera centers on the Queen instead of the Hatchery, so that will only work if all Queens have the same position relative to their Hatcheries.

I end up losing all of the potential speed gain again by having to look where my Hatchery is and reposition the mouse cursor accordingly.
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 15:03:25
March 07 2011 15:00 GMT
#115
I now have it so follow unit selections activated with shift + inject hotkey,

It works by pressing shift+inject button (don't hold shift), inject button, then hold shift, cycle using base camera and inject like normal.

This will activate it and make it so you don't even have to practice a new button in your cycles

This is a very friendly way as well, it makes it so its very easy to get used too, you will learn even faster if your used to backspace injecting already.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
March 07 2011 15:11 GMT
#116
Im mind blown. Fantastic catch, well done to you sir.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
szil4rd
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany11 Posts
March 07 2011 15:11 GMT
#117
On March 07 2011 23:58 Nolari wrote:
Just tried this new method out, and I can't say I'm a fan. Perhaps I'm "doing it wrong"?

With the "old" backspace inject method you can keep your mouse cursor still during the whole thing. With this "new" method the camera centers on the Queen instead of the Hatchery, so that will only work if all Queens have the same position relative to their Hatcheries.

I end up losing all of the potential speed gain again by having to look where my Hatchery is and reposition the mouse cursor accordingly.



I have the same problem. i try to position my queens on the right side of the hatch, but this is not easy during mid-late game.

I also use different keys to stay on the left side of the keypoard. istead of tilt, i use ^
For basecamera i use shift+^
I just have to slide my hand over shift and circumflex to do the inject and its very fast.
szil4rd
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany11 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 15:14:36
March 07 2011 15:13 GMT
#118
double post by accident,
sorry for that
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 15:19:40
March 07 2011 15:13 GMT
#119
On March 08 2011 00:11 szil4rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 23:58 Nolari wrote:
Just tried this new method out, and I can't say I'm a fan. Perhaps I'm "doing it wrong"?

With the "old" backspace inject method you can keep your mouse cursor still during the whole thing. With this "new" method the camera centers on the Queen instead of the Hatchery, so that will only work if all Queens have the same position relative to their Hatcheries.

I end up losing all of the potential speed gain again by having to look where my Hatchery is and reposition the mouse cursor accordingly.



I have the same problem. i try to position my queens on the right side of the hatch, but this is not easy during mid-late game.

I also use different keys to stay on the left side of the keypoard. istead of tilt, i use ^
For basecamera i use shift+^
I just have to slide my hand over shift and circumflex to do the inject and its very fast.


The new method is no different. If your queens are a little off you may have to move your cursor a little yes.

I prefer w as base camera, e for inject, 4 for all queens, shift+e as follow current selection. I then hit shift + E (don't hold), E, hold shift and then I cycle with w and click.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
March 07 2011 15:15 GMT
#120
Why can't you just press S after injecting to tell all your queens to stop in case they're making a journey.....

easier and doesn't require messing around with hotkeys
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft470
CranKy Ducklings60
EnkiAlexander 33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft470
RuFF_SC2 76
CosmosSc2 56
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2291
Artosis 624
Dota 2
febbydoto0
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 355
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox529
Other Games
summit1g8409
JimRising 775
Day[9].tv457
C9.Mang0367
Maynarde151
ViBE132
Livibee87
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv457
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 59m
Stellar Fest
10h 59m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.