• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:28
CEST 05:28
KST 12:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9839 users

Wow, medic in SC2 main menu! - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 59 Next
MPQ Editing is not endorsed by Teamliquid nor is it recommended as Blizzard actively takes steps to stop and prevent it.

Be warned and do this at your own peril.

-Nyovne
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
February 17 2011 22:29 GMT
#181
On February 17 2011 21:33 Ludwigvan wrote:
this is way too complicated for me. Just putting a file into the shared folder doesn't work. Maybe I need to configure my newly installed mpq editor. Can anyone do a newbfriendly tutorial plz?

EDIT:
It is a bit offtopic, but I didn't want to open a new post for this and this is also about MPQ Editing.

I just made Warcraft 2 Unit sounds for Protoss. Most of the sounds were changed, only "Nuclear Launch detetcted" hasn't changed, because I thought it was to important and I didn't find an equivalent. Also in this file are only the Language Units Sounds, so I didn't for example change the Probe Sounds.
How to use for Windows (I don't know if it works for Mac):

1. go to "StarCraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\".
2. Backup "enGB.SC2Assets". Note: If you have another language installed, the file will have a different name like "esES.SC2Assets" or so. First 2 letters are the language, second 2 are the country. My file will also change Terran and Zerg to English.
3. Download. [url blocked]
4. Copy the downloaded file to your "StarCraft II\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\" Folder. Note: If you have another language installed, you have to rename the file to whatever name you found in 2.
5. Play.
6. ...
7. If you get sick of it, copy the backup file back to 1.

btw, someone asked me. There is no particular idea behind this. I have Archer sounds for DT and Ogre sound for Immo. So don't expect sense, just entertainment.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 17 2011 22:47 GMT
#182
On February 17 2011 21:21 yadunz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2011 20:02 pzea469 wrote:
TADA!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I'm having too much fun. I think I'm gonna keep making more cute medic girls and have them rotate lol.
Link: pzeaMEDIC1

Cute? she looks like a monkey.


LMAO idk man she looks pretty cute to me but i guess it might be taste maybe? I'll try making another one soon
Kill the Deathball
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 23:04:23
February 17 2011 23:03 GMT
#183
Allright, forget everything I've said during this whole topic. Blizzard just responded to me.
Olá Pedro,

Esta ação é banível sim. Jogadores não podem modificar o jogo nesta maneira.


Abraços,

Josué B.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

From joshba.support@blizzard.com

Of course nobody will understand wtf is written there, but the translation is literally:
This action is banneable. Players are not allowed to modify the game in that manner.

Considering the amount of time for the response, I'm pretty sure this was asked to the developers(2 days is too much for the support for something simple), so if I were any of you, I'd stop using this ASAP.

They could give the option to change tho, IMO.

Sorry y'all.
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
February 17 2011 23:11 GMT
#184
Not that this isn't cool, but I really don't see the point of this imo. How many people actually view the 'home' screen in battle.net? I almost always click over to a different screen as soon as I get into battle.net (like multiplayer or ladder screen). And add to that the risk of being banned? Nothx
Oh no
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
February 17 2011 23:19 GMT
#185
On February 18 2011 08:03 Zephirdd wrote:
Allright, forget everything I've said during this whole topic. Blizzard just responded to me.
Show nested quote +
Olá Pedro,

Esta ação é banível sim. Jogadores não podem modificar o jogo nesta maneira.


Abraços,

Josué B.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

From joshba.support@blizzard.com

Of course nobody will understand wtf is written there, but the translation is literally:
Show nested quote +
This action is banneable. Players are not allowed to modify the game in that manner.

Considering the amount of time for the response, I'm pretty sure this was asked to the developers(2 days is too much for the support for something simple), so if I were any of you, I'd stop using this ASAP.

They could give the option to change tho, IMO.

Sorry y'all.


Apparently, there is a mix response


Im greatly appreciative of the fast reply given (impressed to say the least), but what I'm referring to is not a 'hack' or a 'cheat' in battle.net's platform. What I am asking about is modified UI content that doesnt affect gameplay in anyway which specifically stated on WoW's policies "Is fair game", yet appears to be excluded in Starcraft 2's list of policies. All I am requesting is a response if Starcraft 2's policy on UI manipulation is as the same acceptable level of World of Warcraft's (such as customized audio files, background images, etc..)

Thanks


reply :

Greetings,

Thank you for clarifying your question. The answer is yes. The policy for both games is the same. Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can assist with.

Holly P
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Mon - Fri 6:45am - 3:45pm PST


It seems you get different responses based on the representative you get.
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
February 17 2011 23:19 GMT
#186
Well, that's it. Bannable. Oh well.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
February 17 2011 23:21 GMT
#187
Oh well what? Just because something is against the rules doesn't mean you can't do it.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
February 17 2011 23:28 GMT
#188
On February 18 2011 08:21 Fa1nT wrote:
Oh well what? Just because something is against the rules doesn't mean you can't do it.


I thought it was implied.

Let me rephrase:

"Oh well. I guess I won't do this because I value my StarCraft II account."
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
February 17 2011 23:31 GMT
#189
On February 16 2011 05:27 PhiliBiRD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2011 05:26 Wolf wrote:
Yeah... This is a bit too risky for me. Looks nice, but not worth the risk.


yai gotta agree, change is always nice but being banned is unacceptable!

Yeah. Super awesome.

But MC>>MB
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 17 2011 23:37 GMT
#190
I dont really understand why anyone was expecting blizzard to say that "its alright, go ahead!"
It's against the rules, period. The question is do they actually care? Probably not. Of course when asked they must say that its not ok, but I'm sure they're like "whatever". Many people changed their sounds, textures, music and all that and everything seems ok. The only way I see blizzard becoming more serious about this is if people keep emailing them and asking them about it. Besides, rather than banning people for it, I'm sure blizzard would rather make it so after a patch the game recognizes differences in the mpq and then the game will say "your game version is weird, please reinstall."

Basically I'm saying that I don't think blizz is that bad.
Kill the Deathball
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
February 17 2011 23:38 GMT
#191
On February 18 2011 08:19 Energizer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2011 08:03 Zephirdd wrote:
Allright, forget everything I've said during this whole topic. Blizzard just responded to me.
Olá Pedro,

Esta ação é banível sim. Jogadores não podem modificar o jogo nesta maneira.


Abraços,

Josué B.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

From joshba.support@blizzard.com

Of course nobody will understand wtf is written there, but the translation is literally:
This action is banneable. Players are not allowed to modify the game in that manner.

Considering the amount of time for the response, I'm pretty sure this was asked to the developers(2 days is too much for the support for something simple), so if I were any of you, I'd stop using this ASAP.

They could give the option to change tho, IMO.

Sorry y'all.


Apparently, there is a mix response

Show nested quote +

Im greatly appreciative of the fast reply given (impressed to say the least), but what I'm referring to is not a 'hack' or a 'cheat' in battle.net's platform. What I am asking about is modified UI content that doesnt affect gameplay in anyway which specifically stated on WoW's policies "Is fair game", yet appears to be excluded in Starcraft 2's list of policies. All I am requesting is a response if Starcraft 2's policy on UI manipulation is as the same acceptable level of World of Warcraft's (such as customized audio files, background images, etc..)

Thanks


reply :
Show nested quote +

Greetings,

Thank you for clarifying your question. The answer is yes. The policy for both games is the same. Please let me know if you have any other questions that I can assist with.

Holly P
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Mon - Fri 6:45am - 3:45pm PST


It seems you get different responses based on the representative you get.

No offense but during your question you completely dodged the fact you edited files.
let me tell you, during wow ui editing this was done by addons wich are supported by blizzard themselves.
this required NO EDITING whatsoever, just download the folder and put it in the PREMADE addon folder during your install.
what you are doing is more in the lines of modelediting since its officially not supported yet possible.
voy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland348 Posts
February 18 2011 03:16 GMT
#192
My friend asked a polish member of Blizzard staff here: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/pl/forum/topic/1710175767


Blizz answer translation:

[quote=Kapeselus]Hi!According to our stance on any changes in official game files, changes are not allowed at any point. We are aware that players would like to change menus, buttons, backgrounds and such, what theoretically has no affect on the game whatsoever. We have to be assertive and resolute on this, because if we say yes to certain changes, this could lead to some sort of abuses, and we cannot allow to accept that. [/quote]

sorry for my english
I'm a man with a dream. And I look good in jeans. graphic designer looking for freelance work.
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
February 18 2011 03:18 GMT
#193
Looks, sick, but I love SC2 too much too risk it
Sorry!
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Renent
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada302 Posts
February 18 2011 03:22 GMT
#194
Loooks soooo cool, if only it could be officially implemented *crosses fingers*
Woof
RiceMuncher
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia138 Posts
February 18 2011 03:25 GMT
#195
so has anyone who's actually using this medic picture gotten a warning or ban yet?
IF NOT
then lets roll!
blindsniper
Profile Joined July 2010
United States143 Posts
February 18 2011 03:31 GMT
#196
When's the next mass banning? If any of you guys don't get banned, I'm doing this ASAP. =P
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
February 18 2011 03:41 GMT
#197
On February 18 2011 08:28 Wolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2011 08:21 Fa1nT wrote:
Oh well what? Just because something is against the rules doesn't mean you can't do it.


I thought it was implied.

Let me rephrase:

"Oh well. I guess I won't do this because I value my StarCraft II account."


Then don't get caught? Either the game will notice it, and people won't do it, or the game will not notice it, and who cares if people do it.

Considering the game can't even detect maphackers, it doesn't look too dangerous.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
February 18 2011 03:50 GMT
#198
On February 18 2011 12:41 Fa1nT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2011 08:28 Wolf wrote:
On February 18 2011 08:21 Fa1nT wrote:
Oh well what? Just because something is against the rules doesn't mean you can't do it.


I thought it was implied.

Let me rephrase:

"Oh well. I guess I won't do this because I value my StarCraft II account."


Then don't get caught? Either the game will notice it, and people won't do it, or the game will not notice it, and who cares if people do it.

Considering the game can't even detect maphackers, it doesn't look too dangerous.

true but do you really wanna risk your account for a picture?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 18 2011 13:37 GMT
#199
[image loading]
http://www.mediafire.com/?da0u3z8w5lsspc8
Another one for fun. Probably the last for a while that I'll do on my own. If anyone has any request of someone they would want, I got some free time and could give it a try.
Kill the Deathball
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 18 2011 14:54 GMT
#200
Hey thats a nice offer, someone I know wanted to do this but it seemed pretty hard, I ll get you a link in a lil if its still open =)
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1911
GuemChi 1420
NotJumperer 154
910 73
Bale 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
febbydoto13
Counter-Strike
taco 458
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g7656
Doublelift1884
JimRising 612
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft291
WinterStarcraft257
Maynarde119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo691
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 33m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.