• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:28
CEST 15:28
KST 22:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10062 users

Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM - Page 167

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 405 Next
BeeNu
Profile Joined June 2011
615 Posts
April 09 2012 12:31 GMT
#3321
On April 09 2012 13:02 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 12:46 Artline wrote:
Good Manner at the start.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Reapers kill a few probes.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


He masses units off 3 gates (1 base).

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The battle!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


What you've been waiting for!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I didn't cheese sir!


well ya reaper is cheese jsut like reacter hellion or bunker rushing a Zerg

its not anywhere close to being all-in or even a dadl form of cheese but it is still cheese


except bunker rushing and reactor hellions aren't even considered cheese by like, anyone, those things are the most standard of standard safe macro openings.
ajabberwok
Profile Joined October 2010
United States59 Posts
April 10 2012 02:28 GMT
#3322
my opponent built the wrong unit to counter a banshee...

[image loading]
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
April 10 2012 04:17 GMT
#3323
I don't get BMed often (d*mn you EU ladder for being no fun), so every BM is awesome for me. Whenever i play early in the morning, i usually get very relaxing games. The skill level seems to be a lot lower (I'm platinum, they are platinum, but somehow they are only half as good) compared to the evening and the players usually don't talk at all.

This opponent did seem to fit that playertype... at first.

My scouting SCV was very confused when he ran around in the opponents base. No core after the gate was completed and even several seconds later, still nothing... until!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
A wild Forge appears! It's... not effective!


Well, a little back and forth later i decide to go for a 2-pronged attack, drop into the back of his third with a frontal attack into his natural. He scouts my drop with a pylon (nice decision making), so:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
He scouted the drop? Well, lets kill the pylon and still do it.

[image loading]
Well, he's moving stalkers to where the dropship was (didn't see that he moved his whole army), lets go in anyways.

[image loading]
Frontal attack? It's super effective!

[image loading]
Drop? Super effective! Where are his units?

[image loading]
Ok, killed both nexi, let's hide the dropships for later.


As expected, he does a counter attack but it's about twice as strong as i expected. Doesn't matter, i'll send in my drop and hope for the best.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Watching a drop is so mainstream, 2d is all you need.


I cleaned up his attack after losing my third but thanks to my *cough* intentionally *cough* saved up money i just triple expand since i knew he had no real army and no income. Dropping some units into his base, i find a pylon that upon dying made a wierd sound that sounded like the name of some famous caster.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Then the game ended with the first and last message of my opponent about which i'm still wondering where to place the punctuation.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
April 10 2012 05:41 GMT
#3324
On April 10 2012 13:17 Morfildur wrote:
I don't get BMed often (d*mn you EU ladder for being no fun), so every BM is awesome for me. Whenever i play early in the morning, i usually get very relaxing games. The skill level seems to be a lot lower (I'm platinum, they are platinum, but somehow they are only half as good) compared to the evening and the players usually don't talk at all.

This opponent did seem to fit that playertype... at first.

My scouting SCV was very confused when he ran around in the opponents base. No core after the gate was completed and even several seconds later, still nothing... until!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
A wild Forge appears! It's... not effective!


Well, a little back and forth later i decide to go for a 2-pronged attack, drop into the back of his third with a frontal attack into his natural. He scouts my drop with a pylon (nice decision making), so:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
He scouted the drop? Well, lets kill the pylon and still do it.

[image loading]
Well, he's moving stalkers to where the dropship was (didn't see that he moved his whole army), lets go in anyways.

[image loading]
Frontal attack? It's super effective!

[image loading]
Drop? Super effective! Where are his units?

[image loading]
Ok, killed both nexi, let's hide the dropships for later.


As expected, he does a counter attack but it's about twice as strong as i expected. Doesn't matter, i'll send in my drop and hope for the best.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Watching a drop is so mainstream, 2d is all you need.


I cleaned up his attack after losing my third but thanks to my *cough* intentionally *cough* saved up money i just triple expand since i knew he had no real army and no income. Dropping some units into his base, i find a pylon that upon dying made a wierd sound that sounded like the name of some famous caster.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Then the game ended with the first and last message of my opponent about which i'm still wondering where to place the punctuation.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Lol epic BM and game XD.

So, I'm playing a TvZ on Shakuras. I'm tired, so I'm just going to post this picture album and edit it later:

http://imgur.com/a/nmf1k#0 The pics are a little out of order.

Ravens killing drone/ling/bling: [image loading]

Replay: http://drop.sc/157338
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
April 10 2012 18:37 GMT
#3325
I just played a guy named EastvsWest. Game made me so happy:

I start off with my usual "gl hf ^^" and I get back a "FUCK U!!!!!!"

He's Random (joy!) and I'm Protoss, which means I need to put a conservative pylon in my base and scout him immediately. Fortunately, the game is on Cloud Kingdom (I'm top right, he's bottom left), so I know where he is. He's Protoss.

He also has nothing in his base, so it's time to scout for proxies! I personally like to do 2gate proxy in PvP on Cloud Kingdom, but he's decided to cannon rush me. I already have a forge on the way to help stop either proxy rush. He's also assisted me in my defense by trapping his own proxy probe behind his pylon and forge (I notice this in the replay, when he clicks furiously and tries to get out. Heh.). He sends out another probe extremely late but I have two zealots out by then.

I throw down one cannon which ends that "attack" and then he fast expands (in PvP, mind you) and calls me a faggot for... clearly playing amazingly. He cannons in his front.

Then I do the usual warp prism drop because he has no units (because he basically FEd in PvP) and ferry my army into his main while he goes triple stargate (the usual transition out of failed cannon rush, obviously). I take out the pylons powering the stargates before a single void ray pops out (although I had plenty of stalkers in his base already). He says "gg newb" and leaves.

Easiest win of the season, and favorite game so far
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
April 10 2012 18:45 GMT
#3326
On April 11 2012 03:37 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I just played a guy named EastvsWest. Game made me so happy:

I start off with my usual "gl hf ^^" and I get back a "FUCK U!!!!!!"

He's Random (joy!) and I'm Protoss, which means I need to put a conservative pylon in my base and scout him immediately. Fortunately, the game is on Cloud Kingdom (I'm top right, he's bottom left), so I know where he is. He's Protoss.

He also has nothing in his base, so it's time to scout for proxies! I personally like to do 2gate proxy in PvP on Cloud Kingdom, but he's decided to cannon rush me. I already have a forge on the way to help stop either proxy rush. He's also assisted me in my defense by trapping his own proxy probe behind his pylon and forge (I notice this in the replay, when he clicks furiously and tries to get out. Heh.). He sends out another probe extremely late but I have two zealots out by then.

I throw down one cannon which ends that "attack" and then he fast expands (in PvP, mind you) and calls me a faggot for... clearly playing amazingly. He cannons in his front.

Then I do the usual warp prism drop because he has no units (because he basically FEd in PvP) and ferry my army into his main while he goes triple stargate (the usual transition out of failed cannon rush, obviously). I take out the pylons powering the stargates before a single void ray pops out (although I had plenty of stalkers in his base already). He says "gg newb" and leaves.

Easiest win of the season, and favorite game so far


That entire game just makes me realize why people hate on me for playing random. Guys like that give all of us R players a bad name. What the hell would possess anyone to chose random when they can't play all three races.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
QuickFast
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada46 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 22:00:07
April 11 2012 21:59 GMT
#3327
[image loading]

Still don't understand. Do saying these things satisfy them?

Mid masters TvZ. Said GL.

When it ended the rest happened. lol
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
April 11 2012 22:03 GMT
#3328
On April 10 2012 14:41 Fencer710 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 13:17 Morfildur wrote:
I don't get BMed often (d*mn you EU ladder for being no fun), so every BM is awesome for me. Whenever i play early in the morning, i usually get very relaxing games. The skill level seems to be a lot lower (I'm platinum, they are platinum, but somehow they are only half as good) compared to the evening and the players usually don't talk at all.

This opponent did seem to fit that playertype... at first.

My scouting SCV was very confused when he ran around in the opponents base. No core after the gate was completed and even several seconds later, still nothing... until!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
A wild Forge appears! It's... not effective!


Well, a little back and forth later i decide to go for a 2-pronged attack, drop into the back of his third with a frontal attack into his natural. He scouts my drop with a pylon (nice decision making), so:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
He scouted the drop? Well, lets kill the pylon and still do it.

[image loading]
Well, he's moving stalkers to where the dropship was (didn't see that he moved his whole army), lets go in anyways.

[image loading]
Frontal attack? It's super effective!

[image loading]
Drop? Super effective! Where are his units?

[image loading]
Ok, killed both nexi, let's hide the dropships for later.


As expected, he does a counter attack but it's about twice as strong as i expected. Doesn't matter, i'll send in my drop and hope for the best.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Watching a drop is so mainstream, 2d is all you need.


I cleaned up his attack after losing my third but thanks to my *cough* intentionally *cough* saved up money i just triple expand since i knew he had no real army and no income. Dropping some units into his base, i find a pylon that upon dying made a wierd sound that sounded like the name of some famous caster.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Then the game ended with the first and last message of my opponent about which i'm still wondering where to place the punctuation.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Lol epic BM and game XD.

So, I'm playing a TvZ on Shakuras. I'm tired, so I'm just going to post this picture album and edit it later:

http://imgur.com/a/nmf1k#0 The pics are a little out of order.

Ravens killing drone/ling/bling: [image loading]

Replay: http://drop.sc/157338


I played that guy too haha. He was so BM TT
Inno pls...
bLooD.
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany470 Posts
April 12 2012 13:08 GMT
#3329
Wrote gg this is what came back:
[image loading]
Never seen cancer patient as an insult but yeah...
Gool
Profile Joined August 2010
Argentina204 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 20:28:25
April 12 2012 20:28 GMT
#3330
[image loading]

Made me spit my drink hahahaha.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 12 2012 20:31 GMT
#3331
@VanGooL; That's one of the most random, yet one of the funniest bm's I've ever seen lmao
defteH
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom134 Posts
April 12 2012 20:55 GMT
#3332
On April 09 2012 13:02 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 12:46 Artline wrote:
Good Manner at the start.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Reapers kill a few probes.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


He masses units off 3 gates (1 base).

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The battle!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


What you've been waiting for!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I didn't cheese sir!


well ya reaper is cheese jsut like reacter hellion or bunker rushing a Zerg

its not anywhere close to being all-in or even a dadl form of cheese but it is still cheese


Reaper expand is not cheese. Double reaper off 1 base I would consider cheese.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box and take a f***ing sharp knife to it"
bangpanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Australia12 Posts
April 13 2012 03:25 GMT
#3333
[image loading]
felt like i was a bit too harsh on him, don't want him to quit though!
TheBlueFalcon
Profile Joined November 2011
United States20 Posts
April 13 2012 03:31 GMT
#3334
On April 13 2012 12:25 bangpanda wrote:
[image loading]
felt like i was a bit too harsh on him, don't want him to quit though!


I'm assuming he's toss?
4 gates, 4 gates everywhere
bangpanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Australia12 Posts
April 13 2012 03:35 GMT
#3335
On April 13 2012 12:31 TheBlueFalcon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 12:25 bangpanda wrote:
[image loading]
felt like i was a bit too harsh on him, don't want him to quit though!


I'm assuming he's toss?


Of course!
guska
Profile Joined March 2012
Australia6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 03:58:06
April 13 2012 03:56 GMT
#3336
Couple days ago, playing a TvT, I failed to scout my opponent's 'hidden' ports (including the one in the back of his main), and got rolled by cloaked banshees (yeah, I know stupid, but I AM bronze).

I was just about to gg when this came up, so I decided to continue to build turrets and buildings to piss him off (yes I know, that's just as BM, but hey, it irked me)

[image loading]
(Clicky for embiggening)

EDIT - Fixed link
guska.956
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
April 13 2012 04:05 GMT
#3337
On April 13 2012 12:56 guska wrote:
Couple days ago, playing a TvT, I failed to scout my opponent's 'hidden' ports (including the one in the back of his main), and got rolled by cloaked banshees (yeah, I know stupid, but I AM bronze).

I was just about to gg when this came up, so I decided to continue to build turrets and buildings to piss him off (yes I know, that's just as BM, but hey, it irked me)

[image loading]
(Clicky for embiggening)

EDIT - Fixed link

wait, he made THIRTY-TWO BANSHEES? holy overkill batman
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
April 13 2012 04:05 GMT
#3338
On April 13 2012 12:56 guska wrote:
Couple days ago, playing a TvT, I failed to scout my opponent's 'hidden' ports (including the one in the back of his main), and got rolled by cloaked banshees (yeah, I know stupid, but I AM bronze).

I was just about to gg when this came up, so I decided to continue to build turrets and buildings to piss him off (yes I know, that's just as BM, but hey, it irked me)

[image loading]
(Clicky for embiggening)

EDIT - Fixed link


So you built random buildings all over the map after the game was pretty much decided (and the minimap clearly shows that you've lost the game) and you're surprised that he's pissed that you haven't left yet?

Just curious. lol.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Apollo_Shards
Profile Joined February 2011
1210 Posts
April 13 2012 04:12 GMT
#3339
On April 09 2012 18:00 Tussand wrote:
If you get BMd from the start, you know there's something funky going on.

Like suddenly calling you names, or being overly nice with shit like "I love you man <3"


I always like to joke around with my opponent. Often times Ill type out the lyrics of the song Im listening to. But I am always very manner.
Jaedong, sOs, avilo, MaSa, Oprah
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
April 13 2012 04:13 GMT
#3340
On April 13 2012 13:12 Apollo_Shards wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 18:00 Tussand wrote:
If you get BMd from the start, you know there's something funky going on.

Like suddenly calling you names, or being overly nice with shit like "I love you man <3"


I always like to joke around with my opponent. Often times Ill type out the lyrics of the song Im listening to. But I am always very manner.

i suppose "manner" is a very objective topic then
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1404
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 277
MaxPax 126
Rex 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65479
Calm 3741
Shuttle 3116
Bisu 1879
FanTaSy 1612
EffOrt 396
Stork 358
Soma 294
Mini 293
firebathero 290
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 271
Rush 234
Light 233
ZerO 177
Soulkey 150
Last 133
Snow 129
Zeus 123
actioN 121
Barracks 107
Killer 79
Dewaltoss 64
hero 61
Sea.KH 61
Mong 54
Pusan 47
Hyun 45
Bale 38
Shinee 38
Free 33
NotJumperer 33
ToSsGirL 32
sorry 27
Yoon 26
PianO 26
Shine 24
Sharp 21
Aegong 19
yabsab 17
zelot 15
Sacsri 11
HiyA 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6106
Dendi754
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1419
kRYSTAL_270
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko434
Other Games
gofns38990
singsing2135
B2W.Neo615
hiko412
crisheroes289
DeMusliM232
byalli195
Livibee161
Hui .136
Mew2King92
Liquid`VortiX78
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 47m
Replay Cast
9h 32m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.