• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:59
CEST 15:59
KST 22:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5959 users

Minimap Movie: The Purple Mile - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
October 28 2010 04:49 GMT
#101
elegant, yet simple

you should make more of these, it was beautiful and I didn't even see the game
xfyre
Profile Joined July 2010
37 Posts
October 28 2010 05:03 GMT
#102
do this with the IdrA vs Gon Match...holy crap he had the whole map O_o it was epic
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
October 28 2010 05:06 GMT
#103
Wow that was pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing haha! ;D.
Marl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States694 Posts
October 28 2010 05:17 GMT
#104
Man if someone made a mod so that you could somehow distinguish what buildings were what and maybe even units, watching the minimap all throughout a game would be awesome.
RHMVNovus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States738 Posts
October 28 2010 05:30 GMT
#105
On October 28 2010 14:17 Teogamer wrote:
Man if someone made a mod so that you could somehow distinguish what buildings were what and maybe even units, watching the minimap all throughout a game would be awesome.


But the beauty is that it's up to your own personal interpretation.

"That dot looks like a Zealot!" "I don't see it! It looks like an observer to me."

I love that. Subbed.
Droning his sorrows in massive amounts of macro
thinkzerg
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada162 Posts
October 28 2010 05:42 GMT
#106
I couldn't help but think of Fantasia watching this.

Excellent work.
SpiDaH
Profile Joined March 2010
France198 Posts
October 28 2010 05:51 GMT
#107
Dude OP That was very cool man! Thanks!
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
October 28 2010 06:10 GMT
#108
Very nice, and oddly soothing. This is art.
Guess who`s special?!
echobong
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada92 Posts
October 28 2010 06:16 GMT
#109
what is the music?
awha
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1358 Posts
October 28 2010 06:17 GMT
#110
just woke up and I must say the music is so sweet! Furthermore, I really loved the movie for some reason I would watch a second movie anytime
Darkalbino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia410 Posts
October 28 2010 06:54 GMT
#111
I loved these in sup com and its just as awesome here, loved it.

I can see everything going on in my head perfectly lol
"I edited it"
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
October 28 2010 06:57 GMT
#112
hahah this is sweet
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
KingRajesh
Profile Joined July 2010
United States927 Posts
October 28 2010 09:14 GMT
#113
I loved it. Something about watching all the purple expand all over the map... :D
"Zerg are the absolute worst thing that can happen to your day" - Dustin Browder
Tuneful
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States327 Posts
October 28 2010 09:16 GMT
#114
10/10 for Debussy.
"I play this game for three years, twelve hours a day - I shouldn't lose to these people"
Sealteam
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia296 Posts
October 28 2010 09:18 GMT
#115
Very much enjoyed that, thank you. =)
osten
Profile Joined March 2008
Sweden316 Posts
October 28 2010 10:00 GMT
#116
On October 28 2010 04:42 lowlypawn wrote:
Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only person to be memorized by the mini map. I will sometimes re-watch a replay at the fastest speed only watching the mini map to see what kind of clues can be gained and used to my advantage for future games.

Watching only the mini map reminds me of a scientists try to figure out what it going on with very limited information, similar to quantum physics, astronomy, biology ETC. I imagine what if aliens came across an archive of millions of SC2 games but the only thing they could see was the mini map. What could they learn about SC2? Could they identify the different units? I'm sure they could easily tell there are 3 races and all the races mine/eat/use the minerals, except that wouldn't know they are called minerals. I think the gas extractors would seem more mysterious but I think they could figure them out as well.

Anyway I could go on and on about the mini map and what could be learned but even if the aliens had millions or mini-map replays I doubt the aliens could ever draw what the units look like. They could probably figure out everything else, attack strength, movement speed, cost, build time ETC but I doubt they could ever draw a Zergling. It makes me wonder if that is the same hurtle we are facing in trying to picture a quark or some other subatomic particle...


Haha so sexy, you sound like you're on weed pure truth. I love minimap games, there should be an animation with every replay on the replay sites! Someone get coding!
Valckrie
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom533 Posts
October 28 2010 10:04 GMT
#117
The soothing music made it so great.
Fear is a 4 letter word. Why be afraid?
gm.tOSS
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany898 Posts
October 28 2010 10:13 GMT
#118
Awesome idea, will watch at home! Please make more!
HuK HuK HuK | ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | There is death in the hane.
Superouman
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
France2195 Posts
October 28 2010 10:26 GMT
#119
Hey you could do a minimap movie from the super long game in the last funday monday. So many colors and movement!
Search "[SO]" on B.net to find all my maps ||| Cloud Kingdom / Turbo Cruise '84 / Bone Temple / Eternal Empire / Zen / Purity and Industry / Golden Wall / Fortitude / Beckett Industries / Waterfall
lowlypawn
Profile Joined January 2009
United States241 Posts
October 29 2010 02:55 GMT
#120
On October 28 2010 19:00 osten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2010 04:42 lowlypawn wrote:
Ha, I'm glad I'm not the only person to be memorized by the mini map. I will sometimes re-watch a replay at the fastest speed only watching the mini map to see what kind of clues can be gained and used to my advantage for future games.

Watching only the mini map reminds me of a scientists try to figure out what it going on with very limited information, similar to quantum physics, astronomy, biology ETC. I imagine what if aliens came across an archive of millions of SC2 games but the only thing they could see was the mini map. What could they learn about SC2? Could they identify the different units? I'm sure they could easily tell there are 3 races and all the races mine/eat/use the minerals, except that wouldn't know they are called minerals. I think the gas extractors would seem more mysterious but I think they could figure them out as well.

Anyway I could go on and on about the mini map and what could be learned but even if the aliens had millions or mini-map replays I doubt the aliens could ever draw what the units look like. They could probably figure out everything else, attack strength, movement speed, cost, build time ETC but I doubt they could ever draw a Zergling. It makes me wonder if that is the same hurtle we are facing in trying to picture a quark or some other subatomic particle...


Haha so sexy, you sound like you're on weed pure truth. I love minimap games, there should be an animation with every replay on the replay sites! Someone get coding!



Haha, no drugs for me I'm fucked up enough without em. I'm a bit of a video maker myself so I thought I would try my hand at this.

Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1032
WardiTV848
OGKoka 270
Rex148
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 270
Rex 148
ProTech121
Codebar 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2631
Shuttle 2213
Horang2 1289
EffOrt 957
BeSt 623
Mini 413
Light 409
firebathero 325
Stork 307
ZerO 290
[ Show more ]
Rush 232
ggaemo 201
Barracks 118
Zeus 85
Shine 84
Sea.KH 66
Killer 59
Hyun 50
Shinee 32
Sexy 27
Mong 27
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
Aegong 25
sorry 20
soO 20
PianO 20
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 11
yabsab 10
HiyA 8
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
qojqva3322
Dendi2031
BananaSlamJamma364
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes501
Other Games
singsing2219
olofmeister1645
hiko993
B2W.Neo780
Lowko371
Pyrionflax232
Sick187
Liquid`VortiX174
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream536
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2153
• Nemesis1470
Other Games
• WagamamaTV266
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 1m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.