• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10337 users

[D] Noobiest thing teammate has done - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 32 Next All
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-21 09:51:50
October 21 2010 09:49 GMT
#101
On October 21 2010 17:37 Victim wrote:
After seeing the stuff in this thread, I feel pretty bad for complaining about the dumb things my friends do - like abandon all ground unit production for a mid game switch to VRs and then ignore armies without much AA so the VRs can base trade, make 4 gates before cybercore, or 4 Gate expand while attacking builds that accumulate a thousand minerals on 1 base - or whatever stupid coop partners do.


me too

wanted to write something about my protoss-partner going 10+ cannons into mass-void-rays vs double terran.....and complaining why I (!) got destroyed while he is still massing rays without attacking....
but then I saw this ridiculous stuff around and felt I couldn't keep up

EDIT:

ah, still have a good one; against PT - my partner, Terran, goes for a fast expand; I'm like..."oh..keeh" and mass gateway-units from 4-gate to keep the others busy;
then when I look back at my ally, he has started nothing else but massing thors;
it's funny because he was indeed diamond
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Thunderfist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland159 Posts
October 21 2010 09:53 GMT
#102
The day i watched Day[9] 200# - I laughed at the guy countering mutas with immortals.

This same day, i played some 2v2, my teammate saw mutas + lings (double zerg enemy) and went... immortals.

I just left the game.
...has arrived.
sC)oRacle
Profile Joined February 2008
Netherlands40 Posts
October 21 2010 10:36 GMT
#103
i swear this is true:

he made pylons in the form of a swastika, yelled H*** H*****! and left the game

....
keioh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France1099 Posts
October 21 2010 10:51 GMT
#104
Rather than laughing about a teammate error, I'll share mine.

We were in this tense 4v4, 2 of us could not mining anymore, so for the opposite team. I proposed to micro one of my mate's units (T). I harrassed everywhere possible with his fleets of viking, buying them time, then had to pull back to help them in a big fight and lost all vikings...

Now opponents have several thors, last remnents of their ancient Big Ball Of Death, and are marching towards a mate's hatch (the last one mining) and the terran one said to me "take my tanks, go defend this !".

Thors were under a cliff, where I could go easily and hit Thors withtout taking any hits. I had like 9 or 10 tanks (prepatch) to micro. I WAS READY TO SAVE THE GAME !

And then, my Zerg spirit told me "FUCK CLIFF, RUSH THOR FRONTAL AND SIEGE JUST BEHND DEM THOR !"

A huuuuuuuuge batlle starts, last like 3 seconds, and then no Thors are dead... but all tanks are.

My mate on skype were silent, and suddenly, one asks (on skype) "but... why... didn't you go for the cliff... ?"

My answer was simple.

"I DUNNO LOL."

No need to say, we lost immediately. I was mad at myself for this... But now when we play together, we laugh about this pretty much.

They are still my friends, which is a happy ending at least XD
GIMME ALL THE BELGIAN WAFFLES I CAN GET FOR THIS MONEY !!!!!! BELGIAN WAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLEEEEEEEEES
Speight
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia152 Posts
October 21 2010 11:09 GMT
#105
Random 2v2. My teammate, a Terran, has like 8 siege tanks. Decides it would be a good idea to march them across the map to our opponent's base.

Little do I know he has move commanded them and not attack move and isn't keeping an eye on them either. So of course a component of our opponent's army (8 marines) intercept the tanks mid transfer. I watched 8 marines kill 8 siege tanks with siege tech.

I didn't know how to respond, I was stunned watching this...

<3 Random team.
SpaceAnt
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain64 Posts
October 21 2010 12:01 GMT
#106
I played like 20 or 30 games with a RL friend on the 4v4 and 3v3 ladders,he plays terran all the way, we win some , we loose some more, we where connected over skype all the time and then at some point he says: "So, you are saying that marauders can use stim ?"

I am still breaking my head over how he could make the stim upgrade so often and not notice this :o
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-21 12:07:21
October 21 2010 12:06 GMT
#107
Nothing compares with the SC situation:

1) You are the toss
2) There are 4 zerglings in your minline
3) Ally rushes to help with firebats
4) ...
5) PROFIT!!!
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
KhrisKruel
Profile Joined August 2010
United States146 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-21 12:09:17
October 21 2010 12:08 GMT
#108
I played a 4v4 where there was only one terran on the opposing team. The guy built nothing but ghosts and nukes, and then dropped 3 nukes on each of his allies base, saying "ALLAH ACKBAR" in chat, then leaving. One of the guys that got nuked kept screaming and asking who nuked him.

What's hilarious is that we were getting demolished. If it weren't for that they would've won.
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha
FakeDouble
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia676 Posts
October 21 2010 12:17 GMT
#109
On October 21 2010 21:08 KhrisKruel wrote:
I played a 4v4 where there was only one terran on the opposing team. The guy built nothing but ghosts and nukes, and then dropped 3 nukes on each of his allies base, saying "ALLAH ACKBAR" in chat, then leaving. One of the guys that got nuked kept screaming and asking who nuked him.

What's hilarious is that we were getting demolished. If it weren't for that they would've won.


I laughed so hard when I read this i almost suffocated XD
Formerly known as carbonaceous
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
October 21 2010 12:38 GMT
#110
Saddest part of that game was ur opponents not attacking during those 9 minutes in game, wtf were they doing ? probably realized what u teammate did and LOL with lots of epicness.
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
October 21 2010 12:42 GMT
#111
As the title suggests, whats the noobiest thing you've ever witnessed a teammate do?

Ill start it off. Was playing a 2v2 last night. My teammate does nothing for the first 30 seconds (no mining nothing). He then lifts his cc and starts to move it towards my base.

Me: what you doing mate
him: they know my position. i must change position. (bare in mind that this is 1 min in the game)
me: Thats fairly pointless atm
him: no easier to defend, they will never know where i am

1 minute later he proceeds to land his cc next to mine and starts mining from my patch

Me: wtf? (i then ping all the patches close by)
Me: get your own mins lol

he lifts off again then lands next to my ramp, nowhere near any resources, then starts to long distance mine.

me: land here for gods sake (ping map)
him: but its to hard to defend from there, i stay here, much easier
me: is it easier because youve still not built any buildings or units (9 mins in)

he then goes afk. brilliant. Still won though which is all that matters. checked his profile after and hes got almost 300 games but only 20 wins. if he does that every game i can see why.

ill post a replay when i get home


LOL! That is like......So noob, i would be like shouting the whole time!
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
October 21 2010 13:03 GMT
#112
i got 2, but they are not as good as yours :D when im playing 2v2 i dont care so much about my mate, well i care if he needs help but now what he is doing cause 90% of time they are doing wierd, really wierd stuffs that im asking my self: does he know something what i dont ?

1. my T mate (i was Z) decided to wall in, OK but he made only SCVs from 2 CCs in one base, i was like OK this is still cool, but after 10min of me harrasing with mutas and trying to defend with rouches they decided to check my mate by medivacs, it could be OK but he didnt have any units and just said: How could they get so many units so early ?! and left.

2. new built !: one base battle cruisers ! yey
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
October 21 2010 13:15 GMT
#113
I deliberately placed in Bronze 2v2 and me and a plat friend do the most retarded stuff, its fucking hilarious.

We've rushed/massed every unit pretty much, managed to get into Silver league still after a few games.

out most glorious win in silver was a game when we double rushed only archons, actually managed to break the other ZZ team, but one of their players had about 7 broodlords and 8 corruptors in our base. Archons can never get up to broodlords, so it became this guerilla battle of avoiding the lords and hiding bases while wiping out his starts. We managed to get out like 2 pheonixes which we used to slowly wear down his corruptors with hit and run and regenerating shields...we won.

Its still surprisingly terrible how massing odd units works, we lose to the most awful players.

In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
October 21 2010 13:18 GMT
#114
this was not my teammate, but an enemy in 3v3:

i was harassing this terrans main with a few lings. i had killed off his scv that was making his racks so he only had scvs to attack, and i killed a few scvs. then i went back outside, waited 30 seconds, and went in again to harass. killed some more, then went back outside and was not able to use those units for about 2 minutes, and then i went up to look again and he was blocked off with full supply depots.

now for the hilarious part: i watched the replay, and he made NOTHING but supply depots at his main, (he literally had 10 depots @ 6 supply) and even lifted and landed his command center behind the depots LOL
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
October 21 2010 13:20 GMT
#115
On October 21 2010 02:22 Persev wrote:
"Can you help me defend?". Team mate #2 says "I don't want to get involved."

That one made me LOL.
TwilightStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States649 Posts
October 21 2010 13:25 GMT
#116
On October 21 2010 18:30 CortoMontez wrote:
Team mate attempts a double gas steal...
in my base!


If he gave you control, you could mine out of his geysers you know ;D
(5)Twilight Star.scx --------- AdmiralHoth: There was one week when I didn't shave for a month.
Benshin88
Profile Joined September 2010
United States183 Posts
October 21 2010 13:30 GMT
#117
when you play 2 v 2 don't expect much from your partner.
Scap
Profile Joined October 2010
United States60 Posts
October 21 2010 14:46 GMT
#118
I was playing 2v2s and 3v3s with my cousin who's pretty bad.
In one 3v3, I was being silly with nydus worms and at one point spawned on in his base cause I saw an attack coming. I ping the map and go "Hey look what I did!" He then proceeds to kill it, then get steam rolled cause my slow ass hydras can't make it in time. "Why did you do that?! I'm the only zerg in the game!" "I thought it was going to kill me..."
I think he was drinking when we played too...his macro is already bad enough -.-
TrzystaDrzew
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland72 Posts
October 21 2010 14:49 GMT
#119
On October 21 2010 04:31 HyperDeath wrote:
i was in a 2v2 random and my partner was a zerg. it was on twilight fortress. we share a base and he isnt doing anything. After about 30 seconds he finally starts mining minerals. He then writes "I hope your good." we get double rushed, lings and zealots and lose...i have never played a 2v2 random since.


"I hope your good"

I love this fraze. Makes me high.

I haven't met so unpredictable partners however I met tons talkative ones.
They usually start with simple "from"? But it ends at size of my boots or do I like carrots.
As I am tired of this guys I will mention my last conversation.

him: "from?"
me: "Saturn" (kinda joke)
"IDIOT"
"It's sad but somehow no one believes me"
"YOU WANA LOSE?"
"You wana terrorise me?"
silence
silence (meabe he's confused)
silence

"I HOPE YOURE GOOD"

I was back in paradise.
Mongery
Profile Joined May 2009
892 Posts
October 21 2010 14:52 GMT
#120
I would have just killed his CC and moved on killing the enemys just as simple as that
http://www.twitch.tv/mongery_tv https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/27699-mongery-
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE165
Nina 109
Nathanias 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 498
White-Ra 255
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever410
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4308
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1167
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1319
Trikslyr76
Other Games
summit1g7657
Grubby3475
ArmadaUGS947
shahzam570
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0293
ZombieGrub58
Mew2King50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick200
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• davetesta37
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1070
• Scarra1000
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 56m
OSC
13h 56m
Stellar Fest
13h 56m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.