• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9543 users

[SC2 News] Blizzard bans ~5000 players for hacking - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
FC.Strike
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States621 Posts
October 01 2010 14:30 GMT
#141
I've only experienced one potential maphacker in one of my games, and I've played over 500 since I got the game in the beta. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hacker percentage was less than 1% or even .5%
--------------------------> My Smiley Face Disagrees, Your Argument is Invalid -------------------------->
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8923 Posts
October 01 2010 14:33 GMT
#142
On October 01 2010 22:24 inforsomechop wrote:
I say name and shame!


Since names are not unique (and who knows the ### of the guy you were playing), they could at least put a flag up in the guys' profiles, ala WGT.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
smileyyy
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1816 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 14:40:52
October 01 2010 14:40 GMT
#143
woah no warning !! well done Blizzard I really like the Zero-Tolerance attitude

Gotta check if the 3 Hackers I reported got banned.
Fruitseller: I feel like it's a good strategy[6Pool]. I had a lot of strategies, but I thought about it a lot and decided to 6 pool. Other people told me to 6 pool too
Phayze9
Profile Joined August 2010
United States13 Posts
October 01 2010 14:46 GMT
#144
Does anybody know if custom hotkey users got banned? I stopped using them awhile ago and am just curious if this has been cracked down on so I know to continue using default hotkeys.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
October 01 2010 14:49 GMT
#145
On October 01 2010 23:46 Phayze9 wrote:
Does anybody know if custom hotkey users got banned? I stopped using them awhile ago and am just curious if this has been cracked down on so I know to continue using default hotkeys.



been using custom keys since early beta and no im not banned~


pretty sure you wouldve seen a HUGE uproar if they banned people for customkeys.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Rannasha
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands2398 Posts
October 01 2010 14:51 GMT
#146
On a Dutch general IT forum I frequent someone has reported being banned for only using a single player trainer that gives extra credits. So assuming this is true, it indicates that Blizzard doesn't only ban for multiplayer reasons and also has other ways to detect cheats besides player reports.
Such flammable little insects!
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
October 01 2010 14:55 GMT
#147
On October 01 2010 23:51 Rannasha wrote:
On a Dutch general IT forum I frequent someone has reported being banned for only using a single player trainer that gives extra credits. So assuming this is true, it indicates that Blizzard doesn't only ban for multiplayer reasons and also has other ways to detect cheats besides player reports.

It's good news if Blizzard checks for code injection, though too bad for the fella caught... he should've just used the game's own cheats. If he was actually looking to amass achievements with little effort, then I've no sympathy.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Dreamscythe
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland273 Posts
October 01 2010 14:56 GMT
#148
oh that's why i cant play

oh more serious note. Gj blizzard keep this up
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.Oscar Wilde
JQL
Profile Joined July 2010
United States214 Posts
October 01 2010 15:00 GMT
#149
Its sad that they cant prevent hacking. The damage has been done.
no way
Sepp
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands22 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 15:02:33
October 01 2010 15:01 GMT
#150
No using custom hotkeys will not get you banned. As far as I understand from reading forums, only people who used confirmed 'hacks' were banned or suspended.
I was for instance so stupid to use the Kelsat trainer twice after I completed the campaign to toy a bit around with some missions that I thought were fun. Unfortunately, that got me suspended for 14 days.... Although I understand that it is impossible to make a difference between all the players and I totally take responsibillity, I think 14 days is harsh for such a minor violation. For me Starcraft is about the multiplayer and cheating in multiplayer is ruining game experience for others.
Offcourse, following the EULA, cheating in singleplayer, even for once, is a violation. Unfortunately, Blizzard did not sent me a warning after I used it. It would've been enough, I really don't care about singleplayer whatsoever.
So for everybody: be warned! You will get banned even if you use it in SP for once!
Sanasante
Profile Joined March 2010
United States321 Posts
October 01 2010 15:02 GMT
#151
They didn't get all of them there is still a couple that I have confirmed busted and reported to blizzard that are still here. Fail Blizzard Fail
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
October 01 2010 15:23 GMT
#152
What about using something like SC2Gears or SC2Rar to save your replays in another folder and renamed will that get ppl banned?
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
October 01 2010 15:42 GMT
#153
On October 01 2010 20:03 WilbertK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 17:21 Benshin88 wrote:
I remember i hacked in diablo 2 LOD. I always used the trusty old map hack. Lost like 3 CD keys because of them and many accounts (

I don't get that. What do you get out of playing with maphacks? Apparently you don't want to get better than your opponents. Then what is your goal in playing video games?


Better than your opponents? It's LoD.
Using maphack means you don't have to travel further than necessary to where you want to go.
I've never used maphack but this is obviously the reason.
nonparfumee
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada21 Posts
October 01 2010 15:52 GMT
#154
This makes me happy.
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
October 01 2010 15:53 GMT
#155
NIIIIICE!
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
October 01 2010 16:07 GMT
#156
On October 02 2010 00:42 Fantistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 20:03 WilbertK wrote:
On October 01 2010 17:21 Benshin88 wrote:
I remember i hacked in diablo 2 LOD. I always used the trusty old map hack. Lost like 3 CD keys because of them and many accounts (

I don't get that. What do you get out of playing with maphacks? Apparently you don't want to get better than your opponents. Then what is your goal in playing video games?


Better than your opponents? It's LoD.
Using maphack means you don't have to travel further than necessary to where you want to go.
I've never used maphack but this is obviously the reason.

He meant what do you get as a player - it isn't rewarding to play with cheats. Obviously, winning will be a lot easier and that's the "gain", so to speak, but it has no value.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
snakeyes
Profile Joined September 2010
25 Posts
October 01 2010 18:52 GMT
#157
On October 02 2010 00:01 Sepp wrote:
No using custom hotkeys will not get you banned. As far as I understand from reading forums, only people who used confirmed 'hacks' were banned or suspended.
I was for instance so stupid to use the Kelsat trainer twice after I completed the campaign to toy a bit around with some missions that I thought were fun. Unfortunately, that got me suspended for 14 days.... Although I understand that it is impossible to make a difference between all the players and I totally take responsibillity, I think 14 days is harsh for such a minor violation. For me Starcraft is about the multiplayer and cheating in multiplayer is ruining game experience for others.
Offcourse, following the EULA, cheating in singleplayer, even for once, is a violation. Unfortunately, Blizzard did not sent me a warning after I used it. It would've been enough, I really don't care about singleplayer whatsoever.
So for everybody: be warned! You will get banned even if you use it in SP for once!



Hacking to get ahead in single player is not a minor infraction. People do actually work hard to get achievements legitimately. You going in and getting these points is just as bad as someone else going in and getting free points on the ladder. I think 14 days is a decent amount of time for a suspension. I am glad it is not only 2-3 day bans. Part of multiplayer is comparing yourself to others, achievements is just another way of doing that. Blizzard did give you a warning.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/809157#c-801760439

It's right there.
dtz
Profile Joined September 2010
5834 Posts
October 01 2010 19:14 GMT
#158
would be nice if they erased all the records of those who got banned in multiplayer and refund the point lost to their opponents (especially drophackers).

probably can't do the same to maphackers and other cheaters cause some people do still lose even if they cheat
Dantelew
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada63 Posts
October 01 2010 19:16 GMT
#159
Based on some of the comments in this thread saying "Psh, only 5000, way to let us down again, Blizzard", im curious as to what people believe the Hacker to Non-Hacker ratio actually is.

As it stands, if there are about 3 million users, and 5000 of them just got banned.. thats 1 in 600. Lets be REALLY generous and say that maybe 1 in 300 people hack. They just eliminated 50% of the hacker pool with one swipe of the hammer.

I honestly think 1 in 300 is over stating it as well.. Ive played over 300 games and not once have i seen it. I think you'll find plenty of people with more games played saying the same thing.

A lot of people seem disappointed.. I'm actually impressed.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
October 01 2010 19:21 GMT
#160
On October 02 2010 01:07 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 00:42 Fantistic wrote:
On October 01 2010 20:03 WilbertK wrote:
On October 01 2010 17:21 Benshin88 wrote:
I remember i hacked in diablo 2 LOD. I always used the trusty old map hack. Lost like 3 CD keys because of them and many accounts (

I don't get that. What do you get out of playing with maphacks? Apparently you don't want to get better than your opponents. Then what is your goal in playing video games?


Better than your opponents? It's LoD.
Using maphack means you don't have to travel further than necessary to where you want to go.
I've never used maphack but this is obviously the reason.

He meant what do you get as a player - it isn't rewarding to play with cheats. Obviously, winning will be a lot easier and that's the "gain", so to speak, but it has no value.

Have you never played D2? You dont 'win' in that game. You just go around collecting stuff. Most of your time is spent running through the game just looking for the door to the next section of the map. People use map hacks to cut down on the boring time you spend running around not doing anything fun.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM393
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 393
ByuN 260
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko300
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM211
hiko187
Pyrionflax173
Livibee150
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV449
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur578
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 28m
The PondCast
21h 28m
INu's Battles
22h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.