• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9543 users

[SC2 News] Blizzard bans ~5000 players for hacking - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
October 01 2010 19:25 GMT
#161
On October 01 2010 23:55 EchOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 23:51 Rannasha wrote:
On a Dutch general IT forum I frequent someone has reported being banned for only using a single player trainer that gives extra credits. So assuming this is true, it indicates that Blizzard doesn't only ban for multiplayer reasons and also has other ways to detect cheats besides player reports.

It's good news if Blizzard checks for code injection, though too bad for the fella caught... he should've just used the game's own cheats. If he was actually looking to amass achievements with little effort, then I've no sympathy.


There has been a process called warden since WoW first came out that scans your computer for hacks. I suspect this responsible for almost 100% of the bans since many players are as mature as a 2 year old and blames every loss they have on hacking and reports everyone they see. The only way player reporting can be trusted is when many different people independently report one person.
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
October 01 2010 19:28 GMT
#162
Well it's good, but I still don't understand why they don't just do it continually...
Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 20:01:08
October 01 2010 19:31 GMT
#163
5000 just seems like a ridiculously small ban wave imo.

On the other hand it's nice to see them perm banning on first offense.
PLxDratewka
Profile Joined May 2010
United States134 Posts
October 01 2010 21:04 GMT
#164
It’s nice that b.net is doing something but I got banned for NOTHING !!!
The only new think I install in past 2 weeks is G13 game pad, will that get me banned ?
I file a complaint in to blizz but they probably get 1000’s of those so my chances of getting revue are non.
I still have extra copy of Starcraft II I will use for now but if they banned that one too I simply won’t bay another one… (it’s not about $60, I got $ but I just don’t have time to for bull crap.)
Please let me know if anyone else have similar problem.
ShadowV
Kurau
Profile Joined August 2010
United States16 Posts
October 01 2010 22:38 GMT
#165
On October 01 2010 11:32 StarStruck wrote:
Something tells me there are a lot more than 5000 players hacking :/


Banning 5k people still makes the others think twice about using their hacks in games from now on. Even if some still use them I'm sure others will put it down out of fear of being banned too. Or I hope so ><
tacrats
Profile Joined July 2010
476 Posts
October 01 2010 22:48 GMT
#166
i was expecting more
those better be perm bans otherwise this is useless
using hacks for Sp is lol
ban waves are pretty fail though, it should be automated detections/banning, i dont see why not.

if you want to see someone u know got banned, check out match history to see if they have played since announcement.
aztrorisk
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States896 Posts
October 01 2010 23:20 GMT
#167
I totally support this ban as long as they ban hackers. Hopefully, nobody innocent gets banned.
A lock that opens to many keys is a bad lock. A key that opens many locks is a master key.
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 01 2010 23:24 GMT
#168
Wow, I guess I didn't get banned.

This guy I played told me it was gonna happen, since I was obviously hacking by having a 60 food army at 10 minutes while he was teching bling muta roach hydra off one base with 17 drones.
whatsgrackalackin420
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
October 01 2010 23:27 GMT
#169
On October 02 2010 01:07 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 00:42 Fantistic wrote:
On October 01 2010 20:03 WilbertK wrote:
On October 01 2010 17:21 Benshin88 wrote:
I remember i hacked in diablo 2 LOD. I always used the trusty old map hack. Lost like 3 CD keys because of them and many accounts (

I don't get that. What do you get out of playing with maphacks? Apparently you don't want to get better than your opponents. Then what is your goal in playing video games?


Better than your opponents? It's LoD.
Using maphack means you don't have to travel further than necessary to where you want to go.
I've never used maphack but this is obviously the reason.

He meant what do you get as a player - it isn't rewarding to play with cheats. Obviously, winning will be a lot easier and that's the "gain", so to speak, but it has no value.


Dude.. have you people never played D2 or something? Who DIDN'T hack in that game? You'd almost have to be an idiot to subject yourself to wandering around a bunch of randomly generated levels repeatedly doing nothing but killing worthless mobs. Everyone in D2 maphacked because it was the easiest way to find the bosses quickly to farm them for items, which was pretty much all D2 amounted to.

I don't know a single D2 player that didn't at least maphack back in the day nor did I know any players that didn't have duped items or ITH's. The reason nobody including Blizzard really cared was that there was nothing to "win" in the game... It was an endless item farming and e-penis measuring contest.
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
October 01 2010 23:29 GMT
#170
On October 02 2010 04:21 Mastermind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2010 01:07 Djzapz wrote:
On October 02 2010 00:42 Fantistic wrote:
On October 01 2010 20:03 WilbertK wrote:
On October 01 2010 17:21 Benshin88 wrote:
I remember i hacked in diablo 2 LOD. I always used the trusty old map hack. Lost like 3 CD keys because of them and many accounts (

I don't get that. What do you get out of playing with maphacks? Apparently you don't want to get better than your opponents. Then what is your goal in playing video games?


Better than your opponents? It's LoD.
Using maphack means you don't have to travel further than necessary to where you want to go.
I've never used maphack but this is obviously the reason.

He meant what do you get as a player - it isn't rewarding to play with cheats. Obviously, winning will be a lot easier and that's the "gain", so to speak, but it has no value.

Have you never played D2? You dont 'win' in that game. You just go around collecting stuff. Most of your time is spent running through the game just looking for the door to the next section of the map. People use map hacks to cut down on the boring time you spend running around not doing anything fun.

lol... I used to love when someone in my party had map hacks because some of those dungeons can get ridiculous. Never used them myself though.
Affluenza
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom214 Posts
October 01 2010 23:36 GMT
#171
On October 02 2010 06:04 PLxDratewka wrote:
It’s nice that b.net is doing something but I got banned for NOTHING !!!
The only new think I install in past 2 weeks is G13 game pad, will that get me banned ?
I file a complaint in to blizz but they probably get 1000’s of those so my chances of getting revue are non.
I still have extra copy of Starcraft II I will use for now but if they banned that one too I simply won’t bay another one… (it’s not about $60, I got $ but I just don’t have time to for bull crap.)
Please let me know if anyone else have similar problem.


I doubt it's because of your G13...

C'mon Blizzard doesn't ban people for nothing...
My children, the hour of our victory is at hand. For upon this world of Aiur shall we incorporate the strongest known species into our fold. Then shall we be the greatest of creation's children. We shall be... Perfect.
The6357
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States1268 Posts
October 01 2010 23:37 GMT
#172
kudos to Blizz..but i really don't give shit if my opponent beat me by using hack...
2010 worldcup!! corea fighting!!!
LegendaryZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1583 Posts
October 01 2010 23:47 GMT
#173
Blizzard really isn't known for being very strict at all in terms of its bans so you can pretty much be sure that the people actually being caught were either really unlucky or incredibly blatant about what they were doing. I highly doubt Blizzard is going to go out of their way to ban you for having a G13...
blacktoss
Profile Joined August 2010
United States121 Posts
October 01 2010 23:56 GMT
#174
I don't understand how any of you are gauging the size of this ban wave. You don't have *any* idea how many hackers there are on BNet. So how do you know what proportion of hackers have been banned? How do you justify any estimate you make?
zekie
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada380 Posts
October 02 2010 00:16 GMT
#175
On October 02 2010 08:56 blacktoss wrote:
I don't understand how any of you are gauging the size of this ban wave. You don't have *any* idea how many hackers there are on BNet. So how do you know what proportion of hackers have been banned? How do you justify any estimate you make?

hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
October 02 2010 00:48 GMT
#176
On October 02 2010 08:56 blacktoss wrote:
I don't understand how any of you are gauging the size of this ban wave. You don't have *any* idea how many hackers there are on BNet. So how do you know what proportion of hackers have been banned? How do you justify any estimate you make?

well for starters approximately 3-4 of the most commonly used public/private hacks still go undetected
Broxxi
Profile Joined June 2010
Norway48 Posts
October 02 2010 01:12 GMT
#177
On October 02 2010 06:04 PLxDratewka wrote:
It’s nice that b.net is doing something but I got banned for NOTHING !!!
The only new think I install in past 2 weeks is G13 game pad, will that get me banned ?
I file a complaint in to blizz but they probably get 1000’s of those so my chances of getting revue are non.
I still have extra copy of Starcraft II I will use for now but if they banned that one too I simply won’t bay another one… (it’s not about $60, I got $ but I just don’t have time to for bull crap.)
Please let me know if anyone else have similar problem.

My friend botted in WoW and he got pretty specific description of what was the reasoning for banning in his e-mail. Even identified the application he was using.

So check your mail. Look at what it says and take action depending on what it says.
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
October 02 2010 01:18 GMT
#178
Why do they give hackers second chances...?
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
October 02 2010 01:27 GMT
#179
On October 02 2010 10:18 Genome852 wrote:
Why do they give hackers second chances...?

Um, these are permanent bans.
DarkenHell
Profile Joined September 2010
United States11 Posts
October 02 2010 01:32 GMT
#180
It's good to see them do this. It reminds me back then when playing BW/SC & there were hacks everywhere....
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM393
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 393
ByuN 260
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota69
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko300
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM211
hiko187
Pyrionflax173
Livibee150
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV449
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur578
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 28m
The PondCast
21h 28m
INu's Battles
22h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.