• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:47
CEST 18:47
KST 01:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)70Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6793 users

Tips for Tasteless' Obsing - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 27 Next All
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
September 10 2010 18:18 GMT
#301
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 10 2010 06:59 Snowfield wrote:
I was so dissapointed with the casting when they missed two BC rushes in a row, first game they didnt even show us the starport.

I think they do a decent job, but keep the production tab up, press V if you want to see the players perspective if you wonder if he saw something or not, dont go to his FP view, and try to pay closer attention to the builds, as that's what's the most interesting

Artosis: you have to stop talking about SCBW, stop saying "we can see this is a scbw player" as you rip on everyone who wasn't a scbw pro, this is a new game, don't go on about scbw things.
Also, stop talking about what you would've done, it's really unprofessional and it's not giving us any more information about the game that is going on, never talk about what he should be doing, just talk abotu what they are doing and what direction they could go in, when they take another direction then what you thought, stop talking about the other direction and focus on the direction the game is currently going in.

edit: also, you can't blink stalkers to teh island on scrap station, this was patched ages ago.

also; the handsome comments about you both can get a bit much.

All in all, focus on the players, not you.



Pretty much sums it up for me.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
myIRE
Profile Joined November 2008
Belgium229 Posts
September 10 2010 21:54 GMT
#302
I don't think you people know what you want. You refer to husky and day9 as being somehow better casters but then you say that tastosis are still fun to watch, I don't get it. If someone for his first time tunes in to a soccer match, assuming he knows nothing about the rules or how the game flows, there is very little chance the commentator is going to explain what the rules are during the game, so many people watching socces for years till don't know what offside is. Granted soccer and sc2 are two different things, I think tasteless and artosis are trying to play of each other and don't go into these mindboggling, super-complex strategies because let's be honest no1 gives a shit and you can never predict 100% what the person is going to do. I also don't really see the point of telling us what the possible build follow-up could be for certain player in every single game, that just gets too repetitive.
I also do not want them to try and imitate koreans, it just doesn't fit in with their images.
Some people are making comments about their humor, sorry to burst your bubble but day9 also has a running joke about him not wearing pants while casting sc2, oh yeah that's infinitely more funny.
I also do not understand the whole buzz about APM, I really don't. On korean stream they often show players APM in the beginning of the game... what's the point? All these folks have is 6 workers and 1 command center/nexus/hatchery I don't give a shit about their APM at this moment. Frankly I don't even want to know their final APM, the result is what matters. All these apm and production tab things are left for replays so that you can figure out exactly what's happening, during live games it's impossible to follow everything, and there should be no attempts to be everywhere at the same time. That being said, yes they should use these tools but not overuse them just because some of you want that.
Lastly someone mentioned background checks? Lol, I don't know how you are gonna do a background check of people who don't speak your language first of all, and most of them just come from the ladder, they are not pro's. And I actualy like the information artosis provides about some of the players because he has played them on the ladder or talked to them before, so I don't even know where you guys are getting that "they are unprepared" shit from.
Obviously there are things that can be improved on, and 2 major ones atm are the camera control + the whole zoom in zoom out thing and the names of units/spells from BW instead of SC2.
Freedom is the most contageous virus known to men.
Augury
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States758 Posts
September 10 2010 22:00 GMT
#303
Tasteless is definitely better than Day9/HD/Husky and when you add in Artosis, they're in a completely different league.

Not to mention people outside of TL can actually stand listening Tasteless, which can't be said for Day9, sadly.
mishimaBeef
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2259 Posts
September 10 2010 22:01 GMT
#304
On September 11 2010 03:18 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 10 2010 06:59 Snowfield wrote:
I was so dissapointed with the casting when they missed two BC rushes in a row, first game they didnt even show us the starport.

I think they do a decent job, but keep the production tab up, press V if you want to see the players perspective if you wonder if he saw something or not, dont go to his FP view, and try to pay closer attention to the builds, as that's what's the most interesting

Artosis: you have to stop talking about SCBW, stop saying "we can see this is a scbw player" as you rip on everyone who wasn't a scbw pro, this is a new game, don't go on about scbw things.
Also, stop talking about what you would've done, it's really unprofessional and it's not giving us any more information about the game that is going on, never talk about what he should be doing, just talk abotu what they are doing and what direction they could go in, when they take another direction then what you thought, stop talking about the other direction and focus on the direction the game is currently going in.

edit: also, you can't blink stalkers to teh island on scrap station, this was patched ages ago.

also; the handsome comments about you both can get a bit much.

All in all, focus on the players, not you.



Pretty much sums it up for me.


I would like to second this.
Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
andrinho
Profile Joined July 2010
United States90 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-10 22:10:32
September 10 2010 22:08 GMT
#305
They are doing an awesome job overall, I could use a few less jokes from tasteless though he's awesome just the way it is, the match is still the most important thing. Some people are complaining about Artosis comparing Sc2 to bw and how he talks about what the players could be doing, I disagree with the complaints and I think it is very educational talking about possible scenarios and I also think that comparing the 2 games is realistically UNAVOIDABLE.
t00ey
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada57 Posts
September 10 2010 22:11 GMT
#306
I think Tasteless & Artosis are doing great and considering they just started things can only get better from here.
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
September 10 2010 22:18 GMT
#307
I had posted earlier in the thread a lot of the constructive criticism's that have been rehashed over and over. I'd just like to add that I thought last nights cast (day6?) with TLO was a very solid improvement. You could tell they have read the feedback from here and gomtv.net. They were very prepared discussing the players and their strategies and overall it felt very professional.

Great improvement keep it up guys, I would not take any other casters over Tastosis.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
September 10 2010 22:26 GMT
#308
On September 11 2010 07:00 fnaticAugury wrote:
Tasteless is definitely better than Day9/HD/Husky and when you add in Artosis, they're in a completely different league.

Not to mention people outside of TL can actually stand listening Tasteless, which can't be said for Day9, sadly.


Good thing that's only your opinion. Since when do people speak for other people? ._.
mishimaBeef
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2259 Posts
September 10 2010 22:42 GMT
#309
On September 11 2010 02:42 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2010 02:40 torm3ntin wrote:
On September 11 2010 02:27 Chill wrote:
On September 11 2010 02:24 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On September 11 2010 02:22 Chill wrote:
To be fair, I don't want something like Day[9]'s in-depth explanations casting the GSL. That has a place in his dailies and no place (for me) in something like the GSL. I prefer closer to Tastosis' style.

The worst for me is when something crazy is happening and I can actually hear the Koreans screaming in the background.


Double agreed. They need to figure out how to stop the Korean commentators from coming through the mic. It's SUPER annoying.

If you listen to Day9 closely you will notice his styles for doing his daily's and his style for live casting are very different. I for one am glad for this, as his style for daily's would not work very well for live events.

Yea, of course. Day[9] is smart and can change his style easily. My comment isn't in reference to him. It's the people who cite "Day[9] would say this and this and this" without realizing that he actually would never say that in a cast like the GSL.

My Korean comment means it sucks because it reminds me how calm Tastosis are when I can hear the Koreans screaming in the background over the calm English casters.


And as soon as they star screaming like the koreans, this forum is gonna be flooded with ppl complaining they shouldn't scream like that hehehehehe

It's true - You can't win in the cold game of video game nerd commentary The best you can do is just barely lose.


You were always a winner in my book Chill. (And DJWheat loved ya )
Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
September 10 2010 22:44 GMT
#310
The most important thing to improve is the observer control. If this is not possible, please let the koreans do it to give you some room to breathe. This was one thing i loved about the very smooth bw observers. Please bring that back.

I wont commentate on the commentators. They are both great guys. Tasteless, please be the "Storm Observer" once again. Feel the game. Commentate with your heart. That's what we love about you!
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
September 10 2010 22:56 GMT
#311
We tend to reject change, rather then embrace it.

I feel like a lot of people laying down heavy criticism are new players who have not seen tasteless cast a bw game. I feel like they aren't even giving them a chance, and blindly rejecting them.

I sincerely hope that from all of these complaints and tips, Tastosis are able to sift through the haters and find something useful.

In my own opinion I think that:

- Zooming in can be used, but at times can be annoying
- Brood war references are very effective if explained to the new viewers
- Observation tools could be used more frequently and naturally
- Player builds are explained well, and key alterations are caught and commented on (gas before rax for example)
SCV good to go sir
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
September 10 2010 23:02 GMT
#312
Like a lot of people have been saying, the production tab is super important, or at least an overlook of their bases every once in a while. I remember both those BC rushes were missed until the Terran actually had the BC close to the opponents base. The fusion core shouldn't be that hard to spot.

Either way, Tastosis are great, you just need better observing, sticking a bit more to what's happening in the game and perhaps a bit more enthusiasm.
Blah.
mishimaBeef
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2259 Posts
September 10 2010 23:06 GMT
#313
On September 11 2010 07:44 Jayson X wrote:
The most important thing to improve is the observer control. If this is not possible, please let the koreans do it to give you some room to breathe. This was one thing i loved about the very smooth bw observers. Please bring that back.

I wont commentate on the commentators. They are both great guys. Tasteless, please be the "Storm Observer" once again. Feel the game. Commentate with your heart. That's what we love about you!


I would like to also emphasize the best thing I found from the korean cast (since I don't speak korean and besides the yelling) is the observer control. In fact the great observer control is what made it so great despite not knowing the language!! Check economy every now and then, don't miss tech path, use player POV, get a nice scan of the battles, also maybe have another go-to phrase besides "WHOAAA" that is a bit more descriptive? Such as "STORMUUU!!" ? :D
Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Litess
Profile Joined July 2010
Bulgaria40 Posts
September 10 2010 23:28 GMT
#314
Kind of thought about it and i have to say i really, really like how the casts go. It's pretty informative of actual strategies, there are some jokes in, they seem to come up with new things to say everyday (i mean they don't use the same phrases all the time) and overall can keep the comments coming even when there are few things to comment.
If i had to say something was wrong, i would like to see more of the overlay thingie used more. When i last watched it was mostly production tab and rarely anything else.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
September 10 2010 23:30 GMT
#315
Ah I listened to the more recent casts today... I was almost a week behind I think. It's getting so much better.
Moderator
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-10 23:44:51
September 10 2010 23:40 GMT
#316
On September 11 2010 08:30 Chill wrote:
Ah I listened to the more recent casts today... I was almost a week behind I think. It's getting so much better.


I like to propose a technique to improve up on the already awesome job you 2 are doing.

a tension building technique in observing, right before a drop or some game changing event ganna happen, for example right before a DT drop, or right before 2 force engage, the observer switches the 1st player's first person views, and then 2nd player's first person view, and when the event takes places and the fighting and killing starts you switch back into observer view.

and the reason this build tension is to emphasize on what each player don't know but we as the audiences have perfect information on. This technique is widely apply in many movies, for example Jaw, the shaq is comming, camera shows the victim carelessly doing their thing, and then zooms in the shaq with the stalking music, and then the kill scene.

PS. oh this would be great scene for burrow moving roaches to get in position right before the fight
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
bakedace
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States672 Posts
September 10 2010 23:43 GMT
#317
Compared to 99% of all other caster right now including myself, these are superior. I cant complain.
a_flayer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands2826 Posts
September 10 2010 23:44 GMT
#318
On September 11 2010 07:18 Pufftrees wrote:
I had posted earlier in the thread a lot of the constructive criticism's that have been rehashed over and over. I'd just like to add that I thought last nights cast (day6?) with TLO was a very solid improvement. You could tell they have read the feedback from here and gomtv.net. They were very prepared discussing the players and their strategies and overall it felt very professional.

Great improvement keep it up guys, I would not take any other casters over Tastosis.


I was thinking exactly the same thing. I am now looking forward to the finals being cast by them. If they keep improving at the rate they currently are... well, I'm hyped.
When you came along so righteous with a new national hate, so convincing is the ardor of war and of men, it's harder to breathe than to believe you're a friend. The wars at home, the wars abroad, all soaked in blood and lies and fraud.
k!llua
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia895 Posts
September 11 2010 00:44 GMT
#319
The number one thing I'd like to see out of Artosis and Tasteless is for them to treat this more like a job and less like a hobby. By that I mean I'd like to see that they prepared for the matches before casting them. Many times they seem not to know anything about the players involved. Can we get some background, anecdotes, anything? This is the sort of stuff that is crucial to developing a young game — we need to know the players to root for them!


In short: act more professional, please. Getting paid doesn't make you a professional - your conduct does.

I think Tasteless fills a similar role that JP does: the one who commentates the majority of the action, follows the flow. Artosis should be interjecting more about the strategy rather than going on about some small talk. Sure, especially at the start, have the little joke or whatever but don't drag it out. Make it very brief.

I'd like to see Tasteless take the reigns, and then bring in Artosis more. Pre-game, post-game, rather than it sounding like a conversation between friends (which Artosis never seems quite comfortable letting someone else just talk, but whatever) try and make it so that the main commentator - Tasteless - is positioning and setting things up for Artosis to knock it out of the park.

Tasteless should frame the action, Artosis should tell us how the players got there mentally and where we're headed. Try not to be too negative:

I don't know about this strategy - as opposed to - I don't like this

or

He's in a lot of trouble - as opposed to - it's definitely GG here

Maybe in general try and make Artosis sound more humble, or if that's not the route you want to go then try and make sure Tasteless deliberately leaves a situation for Artosis to come into the action, raise his voice (he does this really well, something that makes the cast much much much better to watch) and then blast away for a little.

Just some thoughts IMO; don't take them to heart or anything. You guys are obviously doing really well already, or you wouldn't have been offered a job.

Artosis/Tasteless fighting~
my hair is a wookie, your argument is invalid
Spiffeh
Profile Joined May 2010
United States830 Posts
September 11 2010 00:59 GMT
#320
I say keep doing what you're doing. You're obviously having fun doing what you like and that makes it 100x as much fun for me, the watcher.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM569
TaKeTV 205
IndyStarCraft 105
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2253
RotterdaM 569
ByuN 239
MaxPax 116
IndyStarCraft 105
BRAT_OK 90
UpATreeSC 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3670
Shuttle 881
Stork 382
Mini 344
EffOrt 281
Rush 255
actioN 250
Horang2 242
Mind 163
Mong 105
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 92
910 77
Yoon 74
hero 66
Zeus 63
Snow 56
Barracks 49
Shinee 48
Sea.KH 42
JYJ 37
sorry 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
HiyA 21
Killer 17
Terrorterran 16
Sexy 14
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5775
qojqva2685
Counter-Strike
fl0m4720
Fnx 675
Other Games
singsing2250
Beastyqt671
ceh9489
Hui .225
XaKoH 146
Trikslyr82
QueenE55
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.