• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9263 users

Tips for Tasteless' Obsing - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 27 Next All
Vedreth
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia38 Posts
September 14 2010 11:23 GMT
#341
To begin with, I wasn't very impressed with the commentating. But as of late, their style has really grown on me. The casual banter filling in the down time, mixed with the high-ish level of analogy that doesn't get to a point where a non-sc2 player is left clueless is spot on in my opinion.

I've definitely seen the improvement even though the GSL has only been going for a short time. I enjoy the chemistry between the two.

Question: is there a reason for only two commentators? I think having a 3rd can really open the dynamics, and can make the slow times much easier to entertain through.

Keep up the good work guys... another $20 well spent here.
glhg
Nexic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States729 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 11:45:13
September 14 2010 11:41 GMT
#342
On September 14 2010 20:23 Keitzer wrote:
I've seen all but 1 game... and to be honest, it's better than Husky and/or HD.. might not be saying much but it's not as bad as people are saying it is...

I know Day[9] is a friggin' pro at it, and Tasteless is his brother, but he comes like one notch below

Personally, i love their casting, especially their comedy
Honestly I prefer the more laid back, humorous commentating style they have together. Their cheesy jokes have made me rofl on several occasions and the commentary is incredibly entertaining, which is the point for me. There's just enough game knowledge supplemented by artosis to round it out.

I know I'm blasphemous and probably alone, but I prefer it to Day9. I don't really need a starcraft 101 lesson, and 'Tastosis' are the perfect fit for funny comments mixed in while I'm already following the direction of the game. I fully expect to be struck down by the Day9 gods, but I can only be told something is a 'huge blunder' or 'the most standard thing in the world' so many times.
Blind
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States2529 Posts
September 14 2010 11:42 GMT
#343
My own constructive criticism:
- Artosis, and to a lesser extent Tasteless, should try to mention bw less than they currently do. While I don't mind it too much, my impression is that a good number of people watching GSL didn't follow bw too much (if at all) and they'd rather not hear about bw so often.
- Tasteless should almost never zoom in on units or buildings. I noticed he does this a lot to highlight an important tech structure, but I think mentioning it and clicking on it is enough. Zooming in overdoes it with the focus.

Other than that, you guys area doing a great job. My brother and I often stay up until 3 or 4 a.m. to watch GSL. You guys are very funny. Please don't change that
Bash
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland1533 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 12:18:37
September 14 2010 12:18 GMT
#344
I think today is proof that Tast and osis read the feedback they're getting, since their casting was considerably higher quality today than previously (though I always thought they were doing a great job). They've improved in every way, Production tab is almost always open, no more random zooming in (though you can see Tasteless' struggle against his instincts to do that!), more analysis. Sure they got a little bored during the more boring moments of the more boring games today but that's understandable.

Considering that it's still ro64 and the quality of games isn't exactly the highest it could be, and the fact that they're doing this almost every day and for hours, I doubt there is any other caster duo that could maintain this kind of entertainment value every day. Too many people are comparing this genuine regular live content to one-off casts of ro16 and up games, pre-watched replays and semi-scripted youtube casts. This is as good as it gets in this setting folks.
I can't sing and I can't dance, but still I know how to clap my hands.
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
September 14 2010 12:18 GMT
#345
On September 10 2010 07:09 JWD wrote:
The number one thing I'd like to see out of Artosis and Tasteless is for them to treat this more like a job and less like a hobby. By that I mean I'd like to see that they prepared for the matches before casting them. Many times they seem not to know anything about the players involved. Can we get some background, anecdotes, anything? This is the sort of stuff that is crucial to developing a young game — we need to know the players to root for them!

Overall I think Artosis and Tasteless make a good combo though. I'd love to see Artosis go as in-depth on strategy as he did in his BW commentaries.


Yes this spot on. Hype the match, tell us about the players. I remember the Terran vs Idra, when they hyped the match abit with his ghost play. More of this with every new game.

I also much rather listening to korean commentator in brood war, even though I dont know 1 word of korean. The emotions these casters can get through, and the great camera control is so professional.
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
September 14 2010 12:20 GMT
#346
On September 10 2010 06:43 godzillathrilla wrote:
Overall I feel you're doing an excellent job for just starting


haha he's been doing this for years >.<

but i agree that tasteless professionalism seems to have slipped with the sc2 transition. we was a much better commentator with BW, which was a game he knew far more about.
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
September 14 2010 12:24 GMT
#347
On September 14 2010 20:42 Blind wrote:
- Tasteless should almost never zoom in on units or buildings. I noticed he does this a lot to highlight an important tech structure, but I think mentioning it and clicking on it is enough. Zooming in overdoes it with the focus.

If there's nothing else going on, I really don't see the problem with this. Especially when he just does it for a second.
Trickityhouses
Profile Joined February 2010
United States41 Posts
September 14 2010 12:25 GMT
#348
I feel that tasteless is a great caster and commenter but should work on not saying "um" so much. It really slows the commenting down and does get distracting. Its not something that will change in a few days but I hope he works on that. Other then that good stuff, you guys are really funny together.

Also I would like to say that Artosis is a surprisingly solid and funny commenter. I seen some of his solo work and noticed compared to this that he really feeds off of other people's energy making him 10x better then alone.
Reuental
Profile Joined July 2009
United States457 Posts
September 14 2010 12:51 GMT
#349
I feel that people think that Tasteless was a lot better back in SC1 is because before him there was never really a good English commentator. So everyone treated him like a God. Now their are quite a few good commentators and are no longer in awe of English casting. But Tasteless is still a amazing commentator.
I'm a Crab made of men.
Mongery
Profile Joined May 2009
892 Posts
September 14 2010 13:05 GMT
#350
Artosis and Tasteless reads this forum. Why wont they?
i think its cute to come with tips like this, i bet they have seen it by now.
http://www.twitch.tv/mongery_tv https://www.esportsearnings.com/players/27699-mongery-
Tevinhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom470 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 15:04:12
September 14 2010 15:03 GMT
#351
This thread is crazy.

Tasteless and Artosis have done a great job! They're thoroughly entertaining. Tasteless can sometimes seem simple minded but it's endearing. I was watching today's stream and Tasteless commented on himself being dyslexic, I joked to my friend, 'No surprise there'.

I love the banter, Tasteless adds the humour and excitement and Artosis is there with decent insight and summaries of the players.

Possible improvements for me would be:

More details on the players. Sure as someone pointed out this could be GOMTV's fault however Artosis and Tasteless are now a part of GOMTV. If one part of the team forgets or screws something up, it's good to pick that up for them and if it's too much work then maybe just to suggest they help out with it for the next season.

You know what? Anything past that is purely pedantic. Great casting guys!
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
September 14 2010 15:22 GMT
#352
On September 15 2010 00:03 Tevinhead wrote:
This thread is crazy.

Tasteless and Artosis have done a great job! They're thoroughly entertaining. Tasteless can sometimes seem simple minded but it's endearing. I was watching today's stream and Tasteless commented on himself being dyslexic, I joked to my friend, 'No surprise there'.

I love the banter, Tasteless adds the humour and excitement and Artosis is there with decent insight and summaries of the players.

Possible improvements for me would be:

More details on the players. Sure as someone pointed out this could be GOMTV's fault however Artosis and Tasteless are now a part of GOMTV. If one part of the team forgets or screws something up, it's good to pick that up for them and if it's too much work then maybe just to suggest they help out with it for the next season.

You know what? Anything past that is purely pedantic. Great casting guys!


Yeah, improving is bad. :S
Tevinhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom470 Posts
September 14 2010 15:28 GMT
#353
It's hard to define improvement. What is perfect casting? I feel they cover all the necessary bases and that things that people might feel 'should' be improved are their negligible flaws that give their casts so much more character. There are no GLEAMING flaws in their cast and for the most part it's very entertaining.
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 15:36:24
September 14 2010 15:34 GMT
#354
On September 15 2010 00:28 Tevinhead wrote:
It's hard to define improvement. What is perfect casting? I feel they cover all the necessary bases and that things that people might feel 'should' be improved are their negligible flaws that give their casts so much more character. There are no GLEAMING flaws in their cast and for the most part it's very entertaining.


Well, there's a clear difference between "casting casually on a lievstream account" and casting games for money in a huge tournament, and i feel they should really strive to become better, because right now their still just two people casually casting games and not really putting a real effort into it.

You should always strive to get better, and when you miss that a guy is making battlecruisers twice in a row, you're not trying hard enough.

The OP and several posters has valid points, which would all improve them as casters, so why not do that?

The latest games you can really see that they have taken pointers from this thread, like keeping production tab up, not zooming so much, moving their screen slower etc, that's a good thing.

You don't have to immediately come to their "defense" just because some guys says what they think would make them better casters.
Tevinhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom470 Posts
September 14 2010 15:46 GMT
#355
I'm sorry that I didn't specify. This thread is crazy, not necessarily the OP but some of the expectation and criticism here is way OTT and a lot of it certainly not fair. I'm very laid back so for me to post more than what I did would feel pedantic. I'm not saying valid points haven't been made. I'm more throwing a curve-ball here on opinion.

'like keeping production tab up, not zooming so much, moving their screen slower etc' - Agree to those being good things. A discussion thread for me evolves as the pages fill up, barring a few posts people start to come to conclusion through reading opinions. So I was just throwing out the other side of the story.

In the paragraph you just quoted I think I was more jumping to my own defense. =P
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
September 14 2010 15:54 GMT
#356
I think it's very hard to commentate while controlling the camera... But saying they don't have a future as casters, and comparing them do hd and husky......

I'm loving the commentary, with time it'll only get better.
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
InSpiReZerG
Profile Joined January 2010
United States159 Posts
September 14 2010 15:56 GMT
#357
Put on a baller foux hawk like Artosis.
Treacherous and impure, impious and murderous, Cadaverous yet living, dead to eyes but ever dreaming
tpir
Profile Joined July 2010
United States53 Posts
September 14 2010 16:00 GMT
#358
learn to use follow!! (ctrl+shift+F) especially for battles or when following a push it looks waaaay nicer.
/broken record
Snowfield
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1289 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-14 16:12:28
September 14 2010 16:01 GMT
#359
And idk what sup with suit jackets and t-shirts, its not cool, go for either a suit jacket and a nice shirt, or don't wear it.

also follow looks cool and thanks, i didn't know the hotkey
Meeprawr
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia13 Posts
September 14 2010 16:02 GMT
#360
Tonight's gsl cast was pretty bad towards the end when tasteless kept cutting artosis off. (4th game end especially)

I think artosis and tasteless need more synergy going on. Casters need to pass the mic(not literally) back and forth with respect, but tonight tasteless was pretty much off the wall with "uh" and "um", and artosis didn't get any words in at all.

Tasteless also has a habit of interrupting people talking with 'yea', 'i totally agree'. It usually derails artosis, and it also happens in other events like sotg(episode 7) or the gomtv classic.



Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 42
CosmosSc2 36
trigger 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Sea.KH 57
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4910
qojqva2248
Dendi1456
420jenkins522
Fuzer 9
Counter-Strike
fl0m3135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor938
Liquid`Hasu714
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt710
Mlord455
byalli393
Livibee215
Hui .197
ArmadaUGS139
KnowMe91
QueenE66
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1203
League of Legends
• Nemesis3489
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 24m
Replay Cast
8h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.