• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:56
CEST 13:56
KST 20:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10066 users

MLG Raleigh Ultimate Feedback Thread - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 19 Next All
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
August 29 2010 21:24 GMT
#221
On August 30 2010 05:55 The PWNion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 05:54 Merikh wrote:


[*] REAL HD False advertising :D
.


In defense mode: they stated the quality of HD, as it is a relative term when you think about it.



I heard them say HD numerous times on the stream with no "relatively" involved.

http://www.mlgpro.com/live/purchaseHD/

Says nothing about the actual resolution of the stream just the total bit rate of 1.6mbit/s which is about half than most true HD streams, Its false advertising nomatter how you look at it.
onmach
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1241 Posts
August 29 2010 21:25 GMT
#222
I felt like there was very little decent documentation on how to get octoshape to work for various OS's. Everyone had to find a detailed tutorial deep in a teamliquid or reddit thread in order to even watch. You should also post the octoshape url on the actual page underneath the flash app so that people don't have to search through the html source to find it. Put a help link that doesn't link to an empty forum. Just write a quick page with how to get it working in windows and mac and linux users will figure it out from that.

Other than that, I would have liked more continuous commentary. Be aware of what games are about to occur and get the commentators in there before they start. There's nothing wrong with delaying a game a few minutes if it is up for being casted.

Also, the crowd couldn't get into it for some reason. I heard that they had a hard time hearing the casters. Just get a couple booths and only use them for casted games, that way the true spectatorship can come through. Pick the most interesting sounding non mirror matchup per group and cast that one.
vizniz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States120 Posts
August 29 2010 21:25 GMT
#223
More seating for the live audience. The 2 benches weren't quite enough. Granted, SC2 is new to MLG, so you guys have to feel it out.

Also, devote 2 computers to the livecasted games. Put them away from the audience, and have some soundproofing headphones or something. That way the live audience can hear the commentary too.
SC2/LoL/Steam: vizniz LoL smurf: visnistehsmurf
[-Bluewolf-]
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States609 Posts
August 29 2010 21:25 GMT
#224
The biggest piece of feedback I can offer is: hire someone for official player communication.

This is based on three things:

1. I responded to the email asking for our official handle. The official news post later on had a "." (period) after my handle, something that was not included in my response. I then sent off another email asking that the period be removed and never received a response (not even a "we can't do that now").

2. I couldn't find a place to submit my driver request, so I emailed the three people mentioned in our confirmation email. The only response I received contained the text "Same response." and nothing else. I have no idea what "Same response." means?

3. I posted on the teamliquid MLG rules thread to confirm that we could check-in as late as 5:00 PM, but figured I was reading the schedule right. Then the email went out about a player's meeting at 3:00 PM which I would be unable to make, and I replied upon seeing it to confirm that it wasn't mandatory (about 2 hours after that email was sent). On this, I am mostly to fault for waiting to confirm the latest allowable check-in time, but as I wasn't 100% sure I would be allowed to play arriving close to 5:00 PM, I didn't take the time to drive up.

Overall the streaming and casting of the event was great from home. Very well done. However, it would be helpful to have an improved communication system for those of us attending for fun (ie. don't want to deal with much hassle, especially as we do not have a realistic chance at the top 8). Perhaps one does exist already that I didn't know about, but if so, then add that to the official rules as I did not see it mentioned there.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
August 29 2010 21:27 GMT
#225
It was a great tournament overall but a few things could be done better, better games streamed, eg in the first round (maybe see which of the show ups are worth watching in the first round before streaming them, kind of disapointed how we didnt see any kiwikaki until the WB finals and then it was just pvp).

Interviews with big names after good wins (vs another well known player) would be good too. Casting was pretty good not a fan of Hd or husky but they done an alright job of it.

Stream quality was great that should be the benchmark for other tournaments like IEM.
DeltaH
Profile Joined August 2010
5 Posts
August 29 2010 21:29 GMT
#226
On August 30 2010 02:51 Endorsed wrote:
Show nested quote +
Double elimination is a bad format for both the players and the spectators


Great for the players bad for the spectators.


A group stage followed by single elim is good for players and spectators. It lets bad players have more than 2 games (probably not a big priority, but its cool to get more people playing in tournaments), and good players can still suffer a cheese loss.

Once it goes to single elim the bracket is very clear with regard to quarter, semi, grand finals, etc. This is good for spectators.
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
August 29 2010 21:30 GMT
#227
On August 30 2010 05:18 HDstarcraft wrote:
I guess nobody took the joke when i said i only played 1 game a week.

Thanks for the great feedback though! For reference though I mostly play cg in house games.

It was great. People in IRC were taking your seriously. God, I love the internet.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
DeltaH
Profile Joined August 2010
5 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 21:33:29
August 29 2010 21:32 GMT
#228
It would be amazingly awesome for the early rounds if there was some way to let casters switch between games. I don't know if MLG has a spectator in every game, but if they did some kind of kvm switch so casters could be like "great game, lets watch it" and just pop in.

But again, once it gets down to bo8 then the games should really be staggered so they are all cast. I still can't believe socke vs lastshadow was not cast when they were 2 of the 4 last players.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 21:33:32
August 29 2010 21:33 GMT
#229
What I would have loved to see:

1. Crowd view - I have no clue what the reception was as far as spectators go (though it seems like it went well). The same as other games broadcasting goes (BW in Korea, Halo for MLG), they show the crowd and that helps you grasp the event better as a nerd sitting watching on your PC. I wanna see cheerfuls!

2. FP Views - I heard reports of how fast some of the players were (for example, Silver being Korean-level speed wise) and it is great to see that on screen. Again, something that is integral for casting for other games, and I'd like to see it for SC2. Would really give the casual audience a grasp of how insanely skilled some of these guys are.

Those are the two main things. Can't think of anything else major atm.
Moderator
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
August 29 2010 21:39 GMT
#230
the damn commercials

I know it's not your fault... but omgg... 1st 2nd 3rd time... it's ok... but i just felt SPAMMED with the same commercials over and over. Hell at the end I was jokeing with one of my friend and we were mimicing the voice!


Besides that JP + DAY9 = awesome combo...
Day9 talks and is verry interesting and JP takes the lead when day9 has notting to say OR bring back day9 to reality when he's going crazy!

HD and Huskey... I like husky and what he has to say just taht sometime I feel like he's an SCKLOPEDIA and it feels boring. HD...well sorry bro... it seems you have an hard time to watch the camera... you mouth is 90% open uke! and so much more. I think you have the FRAME to be a good caster... you just need to get better. Tho your online casts are fun

Besides that... No zergs in the final or even NEAR it.... yay! Make sure at least 1 zerg gets in the final next time
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
tpir
Profile Joined July 2010
United States53 Posts
August 29 2010 21:56 GMT
#231
Only minor criticisms are:

1) Showing the brackets once in a while. If that is the format the viewers should know where we are in the proceedings. Make a graphic and put it up in between rounds. A few times the casters had no idea and played it off with jokes but meh, if you want it to be e-SPORTS, make it more sporting-event-like.

2) Echoing what someone said at the beginning about play-by-play vs. color commentary "roles" of the casters. Overlap was weird sometimes but not a huge deal. (Oh, and HD doesn't seem to know the names of some of the units or messes them up way too much live to be on a cast without some practice.)

3) Something more interesting than showing the winner and losers pack up their mouse and keyboard after the match. Either show updated brackets(!) or do a quick player interview.
inGen
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland2 Posts
August 29 2010 22:00 GMT
#232
Enjoyed alot of the Day[9] / JP casting, these two togheter just crack me up... Not only are they spot on with what happens during the games, they bring a nice touch of humor and to me they feel like an old couple. Overall awesomeness. You can feel the deep passion for the game whenever something sc2 related is being said.

On the other hand about the HDH casters, i respect what they are doing with the tournaments and their effort to promote esports, even tho sometimes i feel their are just greedy for money aswell as trying to become famous people and jumped on the sc2 opportunity to try and achieve their goals.

From a player with a decent game knowledge they are just pissing me off, as someone mentioned above. So many mistakes, not paying attention to what really matters, getting overhyped for nothing, screaming in my ears... Enough of that please. Had to turn off the stream whenever one of those two were on air.

I can understand why so many people like them though, if i was the average joe playing starcraft and found their youtube channels i'd probably like them too.

To resolve this, i propose having two streams, streaming the same games. One stream with Sean/JP and one stream with HDH, this way the viewer gets to choose who he wants to listen while watching the games. That is assuming all the negative feedback didn't scare the organizers away from using HDH as casters ever again.

All in all there is many casters who i feel are way underrated but overall alot more competent and would fit alot better in place of the HDH combo, but hey that is just my opinion.

Can't comment much on the other aspects of the event as i turned the stream off pretty quickly due to the reasons mentioned above. I would have liked the audience to have seats tho, that is very unproffessional and if i traveled there to be a part of the crowd i'd be ranting big time.
Siwa
Profile Joined August 2010
91 Posts
August 29 2010 22:06 GMT
#233
I think you guys should be in a bikini or something. Err..

What I mean is.

MLG, IEM etc should not take these things so seriously. It's not mainstream. All kind of goofy stuff would be sooo much fun. Day9 stand-up stuff was a step to right direction.

e-sports, be different!
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
August 29 2010 22:08 GMT
#234
Great event but it all happened so fast....
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
DarkspearTribe
Profile Joined August 2010
568 Posts
August 29 2010 22:09 GMT
#235
Btw: Ask professor scraw was golden :D
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 22:17:43
August 29 2010 22:13 GMT
#236
Overall I thought the event was quite good.

One of the main issues I had with watching it was that I couldn't full screen or the edges would disappear, leaving half the mini-map and the supply count gone. But the stream did have excellent quality other than that.

Day9/JP make a really good combo and games just seemed to flow much better when they were casting vs. HDH.

I understand that it was HDH's first time casting together in an event like this, and they did a pretty good job considering. I think they just need some more experience casting together and need to work on a couple things like looking into the camera more.

I also think that there should be a camera on the crowd to get some shots of them especially early game (I really like how they do this in most Korean BW matches).

Also its awesome that this thread was even made- I'm glad you're open to criticism and trying to improve
Sqq
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway2023 Posts
August 29 2010 22:21 GMT
#237
I think alot of people are sucked in on the day9 bandwagon. To be honest looking at it from a nautral standpoint, both HD and Husky did good. Some variety is always needed. Only thing I have to fault them on (as in IEM). Is the sound guy. In the IEM the sound guy had to play WoW music all the time and it was louder than the casters. In MLG the sound of Husky va so high.
Dead girls don't say no.
comalies
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3 Posts
August 29 2010 22:22 GMT
#238
I was at the tournament in person, so I'll give my two cents:

First 3 minor criticisms:

SC2/PC gaming were tucked into the corner, while all the other games had space on all sides so spectators could view the players from any angle - this made it really difficult to see the non-broadcasted SC2 games in the early rounds. People would crowd around one side of the competition area to watch whatever match happened to be placed near the outer perimeter.

The volume at which the broadcasted game was played was really quiet considering I could distinctly hear gameplay from Halo 3 all across the arena. At times I wished I could stream the game from inside the event just to hear the audio...

Also, 5PM wasn't a great time for the final, I'd like to have seen it later in the evening.

Basically my only complaints are tied to the fact that SC2 is new at MLG, and I expect these things will be fixed as it becomes more popular and inevitably becomes the biggest MLG event. Overall the tournament was great, a lot of fun to attend, and if I have the chance I'd love to go in person again
Jettster
Profile Joined July 2009
United States73 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 22:26:15
August 29 2010 22:24 GMT
#239
On August 29 2010 22:28 qoiN wrote:
Maybe you should add a poll or so before ro64 starts so people can vote what games they want to see. Nony raping a noob isn't really interesting, machine vs inc would be far better.

Also it would be great if you could fix the full-screen mode of the stream so it automatically fits depending on which ratio you use 4:3/16:10 etc, couldn't watch it in full-screen since the whole mini-map was cut off pretty much :[


lol, sorry you had to see that...it was definitely one-sided. In MLG's defense, Nony was the most high profiled player at the tournament and given his affiliation with TL, it makes sense to cast his games first regardless of whether he was playing a noob (me ) or a better player.

From a player's perspective:

-Brackets should be made available, both online and at the event, immediately following the start of the tournament...at the latest.
-Given the number of people who were watching the main sc2 screen, I hope sc2 is given more floor space and better spectating conditions in DC and future events.
-The mic needs to be louder or the sc2 matches should be announced on the main mic. I found there were times when I had no idea matches were being announced because the location changed (sometimes they were announced at the front entrance to the sc2 section and other times at the main screen). I couldn't hear the mic if I was at the front and the announcement was made at the back and vice-versa.
-The pause rule needs to be looked at.

Anyway, I had a blast like I always do at the MLG events and it was nice meeting you and the rest of the casting crew/refs/players.
It's not who you play, it's how you play.
rocklobster
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany7 Posts
August 29 2010 22:25 GMT
#240
I did read some posts scratching this topic, but I think it's quite underestimated - or maybe overestimated by me.
But there needs to be some serious talk about the caster-fashion.
First of all, the hoodie was a huge blunder, obviously (as stated quite often already).
But more important, wearing a suit/jacket does not make you "professional". It rather takes alot of individualism out of the casterscene. There's just nothing as good to look at like a nice T-shirt. I really do not enjoy watching two guys wearing the exactly same, boring black jacket all day long.

The best example to round this argument up remains Tasteless. I don't think I need to go into any detail here.

So, please don't stick with this fashionstyle. And if you do, at least give the casters some proper stuff to wear underneath those jackets, it really did look awkward.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 785
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings176
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29424
Shuttle 11387
FanTaSy 1632
Hyuk 1004
Horang2 543
BeSt 493
Pusan 284
Mini 283
Stork 211
EffOrt 151
[ Show more ]
Killer 146
Last 143
Zeus 127
Mind 88
ggaemo 74
Hyun 57
PianO 46
Snow 46
sorry 45
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 28
Aegong 23
zelot 19
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi492
XcaliburYe370
Counter-Strike
fl0m2382
byalli829
x6flipin715
Other Games
gofns34540
singsing2969
B2W.Neo848
Hui .111
Livibee83
ArmadaUGS75
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 4m
Replay Cast
11h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.