• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:32
CEST 02:32
KST 09:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9808 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 1032

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 2731 Next
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 16:03:07
May 07 2011 16:01 GMT
#20621
--- Nuked ---
Xarwy
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway67 Posts
May 07 2011 16:19 GMT
#20622
It would be awesome to see some "open calls" in SOTG like in most of djWHEAT's show.
buff zerg
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
May 07 2011 16:31 GMT
#20623
On May 08 2011 01:19 Xarwy wrote:
It would be awesome to see some "open calls" in SOTG like in most of djWHEAT's show.


Its fine as it is, taking questions from chat, imo.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
May 07 2011 16:41 GMT
#20624
On May 07 2011 23:57 zeru wrote:
I knew what your post was going to be before I even read it when i saw your user name, because you are a known idra fanboy. Try to see the world from other point of views, being blinded by ignorance isn't a good thing. Your bias stinks. You are a perfect example of what I have been describing.

holy fuck did you actually just say that you think all idra fans are ignorant and judged someones post pre-emptively just because they're an idra fan?

and you're calling him biased? holy shit
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 16:59:09
May 07 2011 16:54 GMT
#20625
--- Nuked ---
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 17:29:29
May 07 2011 17:18 GMT
#20626
A zerg has to worry about more shit and consequences than any other race, always.


Prove it.

Give an example of:

A current pro, who does not play Zerg who agrees that Zerg is underpowered--a random, or multi-race, player would be alright. For example, if TLO said, "I play both T and Z and I think Z is UP" that would be valuable. Similarly, if MC said, "beating Zerg is easy coz their UP" or something, that'd be valuable as well. This is because these players have no conflict of interest in evaluating Zerg, and for non-Z players, they actually have an incentive to [i]deny[/] that Zeg is UP...so if they were say its UP, that would be notable.

or

Hard statistical data, with a decent sample size, showing that Zerg lose much more than they should at the pro level.

Absent that...

You really have no way to know. You're not a pro, erego you're not nearly good enough to develop meaningful opinions on balance of your own--ANY time you, or anyone else in this thread, loses, its because they weren't good enough. And pro Zergs have an obvious conflict of interest in evaluating their own race and therefore their arguments are suspect, for the same reason nobody takes MVP seriously when he says Terran is UP.

He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
Tarot
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada440 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 17:54:01
May 07 2011 17:52 GMT
#20627
On May 08 2011 02:18 awesomoecalypse wrote:
Show nested quote +
A zerg has to worry about more shit and consequences than any other race, always.


Prove it.

Give an example of:

A current pro, who does not play Zerg who agrees that Zerg is underpowered--a random, or multi-race, player would be alright. For example, if TLO said, "I play both T and Z and I think Z is UP" that would be valuable. Similarly, if MC said, "beating Zerg is easy coz their UP" or something, that'd be valuable as well. This is because these players have no conflict of interest in evaluating Zerg, and for non-Z players, they actually have an incentive to [i]deny[/] that Zeg is UP...so if they were say its UP, that would be notable.


What about the IM Head Coach in his interview with Artosis? I don't think he would have much bias towards Terran, Zerg or Protoss. He said that Zergs were having a really hard time against both Terran/Protoss and he thinks Blizzard should "try to fix the balance".
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
May 07 2011 17:58 GMT
#20628
--- Nuked ---
Leavzou
Profile Joined January 2011
France156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 18:04:23
May 07 2011 18:03 GMT
#20629
On May 08 2011 02:58 zeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 02:52 Tarot wrote:
On May 08 2011 02:18 awesomoecalypse wrote:
A zerg has to worry about more shit and consequences than any other race, always.


Prove it.

Give an example of:

A current pro, who does not play Zerg who agrees that Zerg is underpowered--a random, or multi-race, player would be alright. For example, if TLO said, "I play both T and Z and I think Z is UP" that would be valuable. Similarly, if MC said, "beating Zerg is easy coz their UP" or something, that'd be valuable as well. This is because these players have no conflict of interest in evaluating Zerg, and for non-Z players, they actually have an incentive to [i]deny[/] that Zeg is UP...so if they were say its UP, that would be notable.


What about the IM Head Coach in his interview with Artosis? I don't think he would have much bias towards Terran, Zerg or Protoss. He said that Zergs were having a really hard time against both Terran/Protoss and he thinks Blizzard should "try to fix the balance".

1 persons opinion is not proof. Neither is 10, or 100. Actual reliable data is somewhat acceptable proof to some, depending on the type of data.


5000 proofs is not enough for a protoss/terran player, as long as zerg can win...
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
May 07 2011 18:05 GMT
#20630
--- Nuked ---
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
May 07 2011 18:23 GMT
#20631
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
Ottoxlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
735 Posts
May 07 2011 18:35 GMT
#20632
On May 08 2011 03:23 awesomoecalypse wrote:
Show nested quote +
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.


Yes. If he really thinks zerg is broken he would have switched ages ago. He knows he's bad, this whole thing is an act.
Leavzou
Profile Joined January 2011
France156 Posts
May 07 2011 18:40 GMT
#20633
On May 08 2011 03:35 Ottoxlol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:23 awesomoecalypse wrote:
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.


Yes. If he really thinks zerg is broken he would have switched ages ago. He knows he's bad, this whole thing is an act.


Yes he is obviously bad, he was just the best foreigner in BW and is still the best foreigner on SC2 right now with jinro.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
May 07 2011 18:42 GMT
#20634
On May 08 2011 03:40 Leavzou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:35 Ottoxlol wrote:
On May 08 2011 03:23 awesomoecalypse wrote:
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.


Yes. If he really thinks zerg is broken he would have switched ages ago. He knows he's bad, this whole thing is an act.


Yes he is obviously bad, he was just the best foreigner in BW and is still the best foreigner on SC2 right now with jinro.


No, he's the best foreigner with Jinro who participated in the GSL, that isn't the same as being the best foreigner. There's really no metric for measuring who's the best foreigner.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
May 07 2011 18:45 GMT
#20635
Yes he is obviously bad, he was just the best foreigner in BW and is still the best foreigner on SC2 right now with jinro.


is he? he's certainly one of them...but I'm not 100% convinced he's better than WhiteRa or Naniwa, let alone Jinro. Hell, even among Zergs, Dimaga has impressed me as much or more than IdrA.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 19:04:27
May 07 2011 18:53 GMT
#20636
On May 08 2011 03:40 Leavzou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:35 Ottoxlol wrote:
On May 08 2011 03:23 awesomoecalypse wrote:
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.


Yes. If he really thinks zerg is broken he would have switched ages ago. He knows he's bad, this whole thing is an act.


Yes he is obviously bad, he was just the best foreigner in BW and is still the best foreigner on SC2 right now with jinro.


Not anymore.. He's probably the second best zerg foreigner though. That's not bad, but he's kind of overrated in that regard. Unless you go super subjective and just call him the best because he says so.

Edit: Oh yeah dimaga... Well Sen and Dimaga are imo better zergs than Idra right now, so third best foreigner zerg!
Other than that, in my opinion there's Naniwa, Thorzain, WhiteRa, Jinro,
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 18:54:56
May 07 2011 18:54 GMT
#20637
--- Nuked ---
Ottoxlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
735 Posts
May 07 2011 19:03 GMT
#20638
On May 08 2011 03:40 Leavzou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:35 Ottoxlol wrote:
On May 08 2011 03:23 awesomoecalypse wrote:
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.


Yes. If he really thinks zerg is broken he would have switched ages ago. He knows he's bad, this whole thing is an act.


Yes he is obviously bad, he was just the best foreigner in BW and is still the best foreigner on SC2 right now with jinro.


Following his "logic", if hes really the best, why doesnt he switch and win more $?
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-07 19:09:25
May 07 2011 19:08 GMT
#20639
wrong thread
I am not young enough to know everything.
Voltaire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1485 Posts
May 07 2011 19:15 GMT
#20640
On May 08 2011 03:54 zeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 03:40 Leavzou wrote:
On May 08 2011 03:35 Ottoxlol wrote:
On May 08 2011 03:23 awesomoecalypse wrote:
I think Inca is a really good player. I know I complained a lot previously about ZvP matchups when I faced Anypro, but in practice I was win rate against them were around 90%, so I have some confidence in the matchup.


Thats from Nestea's latest interview. Maybe IdrA's problem isn't his race, its just that he's not as good as he thinks he is. Certainly, he's no Nestea.


Yes. If he really thinks zerg is broken he would have switched ages ago. He knows he's bad, this whole thing is an act.


Yes he is obviously bad, he was just the best foreigner in BW and is still the best foreigner on SC2 right now with jinro.

I don't think anyone can say that idras ignorance doesnt have an effect on some of his fans anymore after a statement like this.


Idra isn't responsible for what his fans take from what he says/does. The person who suffers from Idra's attitude the most is Idra... By blaming his losses on balance he'll focus less on improving regardless of whether or not the game is actually balanced.
As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
Prev 1 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft516
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft516
SpeCial 100
Nina 79
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 156
Noble 85
Hyuk 54
NaDa 50
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm139
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Counter-Strike
taco 64
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox522
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4241
Khaldor574
Other Games
summit1g7857
FrodaN1623
Coldzera 812
shahzam647
JimRising 471
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe167
ViBE70
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King45
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21271
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 28m
Online Event
10h 28m
FEL
15h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.