• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:02
CEST 22:02
KST 05:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9717 users

MLG SC2 Rules Discussion Thread - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
TheOGBlitzKrieg
Profile Joined June 2010
United States346 Posts
August 03 2010 23:08 GMT
#121
i wonder why the Headset can't be USB... i guess this means the SC2 Razer Banshee headset is out of the questions... specifically designed for SC2 MY ASS lol
sputnik.theory
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Poland449 Posts
August 03 2010 23:08 GMT
#122
huk, lz I'm selling my 1v1 pass for 70 dollars. also, I take paypal
+ Show Spoiler +
“On the night of the murder I was at home, asleep. The characters in my dream can vouch for me.”
Jameser
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden951 Posts
August 03 2010 23:11 GMT
#123
On August 04 2010 08:08 sputnik.theory wrote:
huk, lz I'm selling my 1v1 pass for 70 dollars. also, I take paypal
+ Show Spoiler +

lol'd
[-Bluewolf-]
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States609 Posts
August 03 2010 23:13 GMT
#124
On August 04 2010 07:08 MLG_Lee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2010 07:03 Puosu wrote:
In the rules it states that the interface the players must use has to be the default one, am I correct in thinking that we are still allowed to fiddle with the graphics etc. settings (like display build grid) in the ingame settings menus or do these count as interface?


The rules actually also state that you can't mess with audio or video settings. We may revise this, but for now that ruling stands.


The game looks significantly different depending on how the graphics level set on a player's machine. In addition, some players do not play with SC2 music on normally, and would need to get used to that in the background.

Will the exact graphics and audio settings be released if we are sadly not allowed to change them?

Lastly, as the specifications on what is allowed in terms of hardware is quite specific, I thought I'd ask this. I use a 3.5mm audio splitter (specifically, this one) to allow myself to both listen to a mp3 player and the game's sound effects at the same time. I had figured that this would be fine for SC2 tournaments as I do not install anything, it is small, and it uses the same headphone connector.... would this be allowed, or does it specifically have to be the headphones directly connected to the 3.5mm jack? Might not make a difference depending on how high the music in the game is set from above, but thought I'd ask.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.
Joseki
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States200 Posts
August 03 2010 23:13 GMT
#125
Man this is so sick, I got my hotel too and Its only me and Roboferret right now. If ppl want in shoot me a PM Im willing to have as many splitting the room as can sleep on the floor in their sleeping bags.
Battle.net 2.0 - The only place you can be alone with 20,000 other people.
Agh
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1107 Posts
August 03 2010 23:13 GMT
#126
Meh someone pm me if there is a thread of people to list if they actually got in. Really interested to see this 'line-up'...

I may appear to be an emotionless sarcastic pos, but just like an onion when you pull off more and more layers you find the exact same thing everytime and you start crying
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
August 03 2010 23:14 GMT
#127
delta quadrant is eww

i hate that map personally. everything else seems okay, we've had answers on most of the bolded rules
MLG_Lee
Profile Joined July 2010
279 Posts
August 03 2010 23:15 GMT
#128
On August 04 2010 08:08 sputnik.theory wrote:
huk, lz I'm selling my 1v1 pass for 70 dollars. also, I take paypal
+ Show Spoiler +


You realize that you can't transfer a pass without the commissioner's permission, right? And he wont transfer it if you've "scalped" your ticket.
Twitter: @MLGLee ( https://twitter.com/#!/MLGLee )
HuK
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1591 Posts
August 03 2010 23:15 GMT
#129
pretty sure nony wanted to go too and he didnt get in


we'll see!
ProgamerLive like a God or die like a Slave 11:11
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
August 03 2010 23:17 GMT
#130
So maybe its time to have a closed invite/buy in for good players MLG?
birchy
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom68 Posts
August 03 2010 23:21 GMT
#131
Is there any known top players in the tourney?
MLG_Wiggin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States767 Posts
August 03 2010 23:21 GMT
#132
I'm one of the unknowns that got in. I'm sorry some of yall didn't get in, but I'll do my best to give you guys a good show.

I would totally support a closed invite/buy in for established players. I hope they keep doing open tournaments though; this kind of thing is an opportunity for guys like me who are outside of the current pro-gaming community to try to get a foot in the door.
@DBWiggin, SC2 ref
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 23:32:07
August 03 2010 23:22 GMT
#133
Things that I would take issue with:

"Players may not use USB headsets." - No reason why this should be true if the MLG game machines are sufficient to run the SC2 software. So many players use USB headsets. This seems unnecessary...


"Players may not change the Computer/Monitor sound and video settings."
-What if somebody had some sort of disability...maybe they needed a brighter monitor setting, or maybe they were colorblind as to a certain shade and needed different "warmth" settings on the monitor (you'll know what I'm talking about if you check your monitor settings)...this seems discriminatory if exceptions could not be made for this kind of thing. Let's face it, gamers are not known to have the best vision.....

Also, I would never fucking play with the SC2 music on full 100%, or "ambient sounds" enabled. I don't want to hear terrible zerg music or cars cruising by honking their horns on Metalopolis. Hell, I'm ADHD and the music and ambient sounds are SERIOUSLY distracting from my gameplay. I'm sure I'm not the only one, either. I would be pressing CTRL+M in match, and if MLG were to disqualify me for that, I see them having some issue, perhaps being the next KeSPA "ppp" incident.


"Players and Coaches may be asked to wear MLG apparel for all Matches."
Only if we get to keep the apparel. Otherwise, absolutely not. Nobody has the right to tell me what to wear, this isn't fucking boarding school. I can understand asking people not to wear non-approved sponsor clothing, but asking somebody to wear MLG insignia without actually sponsoring that player through MLG themselves is unacceptable. Also, I will never wear some sweaty ass, grungy, nasty gamer gear that has been worn hundreds of sweaty pale nerds before me. I SWEAT. I wouldn't want anybody else to wear my gear either, I don't care if it's been washed...hygiene people.. So, not a problem if it's free gear. Is a problem if it isn't.


^ That is my serious reaction to being asked to wear MLG apparel if it is not GIVEN away free/re-used gamer gear

Also...no Scrap Station? Why not???

Besides these things, the rules seem pretty solid, however the issues I cited above seem like pretty major ones to me (except the USB headsets, which seems unnecessary but minor...the other two things seem like major issues to me though.)

Also, this:
On August 04 2010 08:17 Kennigit wrote:
So maybe its time to have a closed invite/buy in for good players MLG?

i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 03 2010 23:22 GMT
#134
On August 04 2010 07:08 MLG_Lee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2010 07:03 Puosu wrote:
In the rules it states that the interface the players must use has to be the default one, am I correct in thinking that we are still allowed to fiddle with the graphics etc. settings (like display build grid) in the ingame settings menus or do these count as interface?


The rules actually also state that you can't mess with audio or video settings. We may revise this, but for now that ruling stands.


You're kidding, you have to play with default graphics, hit point bars, music on, etc? That's just... stupid.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
sputnik.theory
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Poland449 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 23:23:20
August 03 2010 23:22 GMT
#135
haha, I actually just got a PM offering to buy my MLG pass for 80
please see the error of your ways dear sirs
“On the night of the murder I was at home, asleep. The characters in my dream can vouch for me.”
kalendae
Profile Joined April 2010
United States47 Posts
August 03 2010 23:25 GMT
#136
im confused, what does it mean if its open registration 32 players? like first 32 random people to sign up? how is that a 'pro' tournament? am I missing something here? As a spectator, that does not sound all that exciting to watch a tournament of some random 32 people who happened to sign up first?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 23:26:28
August 03 2010 23:25 GMT
#137
I'm sorry if it's been addressed but rule #2 under "gameplay".

.. how many refs are there going to be?

If your mouse or keyboard suddenly stops working, you can't pause the game? You have to yell "i need a ref over here" and wait for them to come over while your opponent destroys you?


(oh, i see that you just get a warning. much better then, i suppose all is well )
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 03 2010 23:25 GMT
#138
Well at least paramore ought to be happy, LOL. first come, first serve, no invites!
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
birchy
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom68 Posts
August 03 2010 23:25 GMT
#139
On August 04 2010 08:25 kalendae wrote:
im confused, what does it mean if its open registration 32 players? like first 32 random people to sign up? how is that a 'pro' tournament? am I missing something here? As a spectator, that does not sound all that exciting to watch a tournament of some random 32 people who happened to sign up first?


I agree with this, could be 31 bads and one pro who will just face roll the others.
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
August 03 2010 23:26 GMT
#140
On August 04 2010 08:25 kalendae wrote:
im confused, what does it mean if its open registration 32 players? like first 32 random people to sign up? how is that a 'pro' tournament? am I missing something here? As a spectator, that does not sound all that exciting to watch a tournament of some random 32 people who happened to sign up first?


You're exactly right. It's pretty dumb considering how much money is on the line. There's a possibility that some bronze/silver player could walk away with 8th place and like $200 dollars. You have to have some invite slots in the future.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason178
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15310
Artosis 791
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 110
Mind 76
Hyun 38
Bale 25
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2563
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1979
Counter-Strike
Fnx 550
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5992
Khaldor1272
Liquid`Hasu1016
MindelVK12
Other Games
summit1g6586
FrodaN2131
B2W.Neo744
byalli303
ToD254
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1299
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 33
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix9
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie926
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 58m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.