• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:08
CEST 03:08
KST 10:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9403 users

TvZ Balance Suggestions - Page 82

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82
StarcraftMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada507 Posts
October 31 2010 05:37 GMT
#1621
On October 31 2010 13:52 hasheek wrote:
Actually I had no idea the topic was so old. If i had, I probably would not have resurrected it - I stumbled upon it after following a link from another thread. Having said that, my post really had nothing to do with game balance and as I said I wouldn't dare try to comment on it or pretend to understand it. Since no one has posted on this topic in ages its discussion has probably become pretty much irrelevant to the current state of the game, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.



LOL, the TvsZ situation is reversed now.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
February 10 2011 03:51 GMT
#1622
I think it's appropriate to bump this now that Terran appears to be the favorite in TvZ again. The only change I really like in the OP is removing salvage though, I don't like the idea of Terran having 5-6 different macro mechanics while Zerg and Protoss have less than half.

I'd like to know what the OP thinks about Marines as well, since that seems to be more of a complaint recently than the tank, viking, or thor. It seems like they could be nerfed in the early game without affecting the late game by making them 35 HP and having Combat Shield give +20 HP.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 03:54:27
February 10 2011 03:53 GMT
#1623
Great job.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Stiver
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada285 Posts
February 10 2011 07:53 GMT
#1624
I like the idea that Salvage is an SCV ability. So if I snipe the SCV repairing/building a bunker The Terran can't just salvage and run away with no loses.

Thats how I feel, and wouldn't impact it in any other areas than early Bunker rushing.
"The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch someone else do it wrong without comment."
LaLuSh
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden2358 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 08:07:01
February 10 2011 08:00 GMT
#1625
On February 10 2011 12:51 jalstar wrote:
I think it's appropriate to bump this now that Terran appears to be the favorite in TvZ again. The only change I really like in the OP is removing salvage though, I don't like the idea of Terran having 5-6 different macro mechanics while Zerg and Protoss have less than half.

I'd like to know what the OP thinks about Marines as well, since that seems to be more of a complaint recently than the tank, viking, or thor. It seems like they could be nerfed in the early game without affecting the late game by making them 35 HP and having Combat Shield give +20 HP.


This thread is massively irrelevant now, imo.

This is the perfect reason why Blizzard shouldn't listen to or talk excessively to any progamers when balancing the game.

The only things I felt were relevant are the bunker suggestions, the medivac and possibly the MULE if the game is to be balanced around small maps. And 2 of those 3 issues were addressed in their own ways. As for the rest, I pretty much just squeezed them in there because I was making a thread. They're all shit and an example why Blizzard shouldn't rely on biased progamer input unless those gamers can conclusively prove something is broken.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 08:24:53
February 10 2011 08:15 GMT
#1626
On February 10 2011 17:00 LaLuSh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 12:51 jalstar wrote:
I think it's appropriate to bump this now that Terran appears to be the favorite in TvZ again. The only change I really like in the OP is removing salvage though, I don't like the idea of Terran having 5-6 different macro mechanics while Zerg and Protoss have less than half.

I'd like to know what the OP thinks about Marines as well, since that seems to be more of a complaint recently than the tank, viking, or thor. It seems like they could be nerfed in the early game without affecting the late game by making them 35 HP and having Combat Shield give +20 HP.


This thread is massively irrelevant now, imo.

This is the perfect reason why Blizzard shouldn't listen to or talk excessively to any progamers when balancing the game.

The only things I felt were relevant are the bunker suggestions and the medivac. And they were both addressed in their own ways. As for the rest, I pretty much just squeezed them in there because I was making a thread. They're all shit and an example why Blizzard shouldn't rely on biased progamer input.


Couldn't agree more.

Wait a minute, you're the one who started the thread, lol

I play toss/terran and I think the bunker salvage should probably be less. I am sort of torn on it though because I think the free bunker adds a lot of stability to the TvT MU. The bunker currently isn't OP defensively, it's just way too good aggressively. I played a game the other day where I unknowingly built a bunker just outside the zerg's vision and as soon as the hatch finished he gg'ed. And it felt wrong. I was by no means all-ining but two rax pressure is so good with little risk on the terrans part.

From what I gather zerg is having just as much trouble with toss at the moment so I don't think terran should be getting any nerfs(except something with the bunker). I think a build decrease time for the spine crawler would be good for zerg. But I don't know, apparently blizzard is aware of the problems in the MU and working on it.

On February 10 2011 12:51 jalstar wrote:
I'd like to know what the OP thinks about Marines as well, since that seems to be more of a complaint recently than the tank, viking, or thor. It seems like they could be nerfed in the early game without affecting the late game by making them 35 HP and having Combat Shield give +20 HP.


That would be an awful nerf for the game. No the problem is when the marine gets stim + medivac + 2/2 ups. And on top of that amazing control by the top level players makes them even more powerful at all stages of the game. It's hard to say what could be done, because I feel on the average players level the marine is pretty easily taken out by banes but on say Foxer's/MVP's level they are OP. And if anything its the damage that should be nerfed, definatley not the HP.
Prev 1 80 81 82
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE149
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 24
Sharp 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever584
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4730
Counter-Strike
taco 370
Other Games
summit1g6929
JimRising 467
C9.Mang0352
ToD95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP84
• poizon28 30
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 52m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.