• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:27
CEST 19:27
KST 02:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9673 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 21:36:14
August 04 2010 21:32 GMT
#41
On August 05 2010 06:31 Rizare wrote:
Is the ladder system still flawed? Because I won 4 of my 5 game placements and ended up in Platinum but i'm really bad (No, I didn't begin playing games as of post time).
Played 3 of them as Protoss and the last 2 as Zerg... unless Platinum doesn't mean much anymore if compared to Gold and below.


Everyone is garbage until 300~ diamond. If you want placed in a lower league, lose your games.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
August 05 2010 01:04 GMT
#42
On August 05 2010 06:19 Iamsmart wrote:
Are there going to be 'seasons' on Battle.net 2.0 similar to iccup? I've been playing to win up until now, but i want to do a bit of experimenting which means im probably going to lose a ton of games. I don't mind if it's just for a few weeks/months, but if it's for the next 10 years id rather not lose a thousand games for no reason. I know I can play custom games, but people generally aren't as good there so it would defeat the purpose.


Blizzard said yes there will be seasons but there is no confirmation of how long
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Larshas
Profile Joined June 2010
United States27 Posts
August 05 2010 01:13 GMT
#43
Did Blizzard ever reveal how the ladder system actually works, or is it still just a big mystery?
Goodbye Mr. Photon Cannon rush.
kane]deth[
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada368 Posts
August 05 2010 05:42 GMT
#44
quick question on the raynor dogtag
CAN IT GO ONLINE?
cHuT.LoL
Profile Joined June 2010
United States34 Posts
August 05 2010 19:17 GMT
#45
Is there any way to completely disable chat in SC2? Not just friends list stuff, but even chat within a game?
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
August 05 2010 19:25 GMT
#46
how is dayvie #1 on NA the people in spots 2-7 have more wins and a higher win percentage. Dayvie point hacks

+ Show Spoiler +
jk but it still doesnt really make sense to me
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Mowe
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden16 Posts
August 05 2010 20:09 GMT
#47
Agree with straaange ladder system... I was low in copper and lost most games then suddenly won one cus he dropped out and placed in gold (somehow??) were i started to win alot more... =_= dont make sense
N00b trying to learn to play good <---- ME
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-05 21:29:51
August 05 2010 21:24 GMT
#48
On August 06 2010 04:25 jamesr12 wrote:
how is dayvie #1 on NA the people in spots 2-7 have more wins and a higher win percentage. Dayvie point hacks

+ Show Spoiler +
jk but it still doesnt really make sense to me


Probably because he's played on average better players in the games he has won and/or lost in than the people underneath him with better wins and such. That means he gets higher points when winning and lower points when losing. That would be the most logical answer except hacks.

On August 06 2010 05:09 Mowe wrote:
Agree with straaange ladder system... I was low in copper and lost most games then suddenly won one cus he dropped out and placed in gold (somehow??) were i started to win alot more... =_= dont make sense


You probably played higher ranked people in bronze so when you lost you didn't lose as much of you hidden points (that are there to help calculate your skill level) and when you won you still had enough of the points to get promoted. I've once lost 7 games in a row before winning one and getting bumped up from silver to platinum.
Certa
Profile Joined July 2010
30 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-05 21:59:04
August 05 2010 21:57 GMT
#49
I have a question -- in a youtube replay (I can't remember which) I saw of a Protoss player, he had his pylons configured so instead of having a big blue circle which faded towards the edges, there were white circles similar to the tank's range indicators. When I play Protoss (and it's my main race), overlapping pylons cause a slight drop in FPS. It's minor, but it's enough to throw me off by half a second or so. Needless to say, this adds up over time.

Which graphics option would switch the standard blue circle stuff to the tank-like white range indicator?

Thanks!
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 05 2010 22:54 GMT
#50
Doesn't warrant a topic, but its mildly entertaining

[image loading]
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
mini-miya
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden78 Posts
August 05 2010 23:04 GMT
#51
hey guys, just a question, when you playing ladder as random, do you still get "points" (achivment/portrets) if you win with that race you have randomed like in the beta?
i haven't played ladders yet cuz im playing campaign atm.
thx
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
August 06 2010 01:10 GMT
#52
On August 06 2010 06:24 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 04:25 jamesr12 wrote:
how is dayvie #1 on NA the people in spots 2-7 have more wins and a higher win percentage. Dayvie point hacks

+ Show Spoiler +
jk but it still doesnt really make sense to me


Probably because he's played on average better players in the games he has won and/or lost in than the people underneath him with better wins and such. That means he gets higher points when winning and lower points when losing. That would be the most logical answer except hacks.

Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 05:09 Mowe wrote:
Agree with straaange ladder system... I was low in copper and lost most games then suddenly won one cus he dropped out and placed in gold (somehow??) were i started to win alot more... =_= dont make sense


You probably played higher ranked people in bronze so when you lost you didn't lose as much of you hidden points (that are there to help calculate your skill level) and when you won you still had enough of the points to get promoted. I've once lost 7 games in a row before winning one and getting bumped up from silver to platinum.



I realize it is most likely because he has played better people my question is why? why arent the other players at the top being matched up with the best of the best?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-06 04:11:32
August 06 2010 04:10 GMT
#53
On August 06 2010 10:10 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2010 06:24 nam nam wrote:
On August 06 2010 04:25 jamesr12 wrote:
how is dayvie #1 on NA the people in spots 2-7 have more wins and a higher win percentage. Dayvie point hacks

+ Show Spoiler +
jk but it still doesnt really make sense to me


Probably because he's played on average better players in the games he has won and/or lost in than the people underneath him with better wins and such. That means he gets higher points when winning and lower points when losing. That would be the most logical answer except hacks.

On August 06 2010 05:09 Mowe wrote:
Agree with straaange ladder system... I was low in copper and lost most games then suddenly won one cus he dropped out and placed in gold (somehow??) were i started to win alot more... =_= dont make sense


You probably played higher ranked people in bronze so when you lost you didn't lose as much of you hidden points (that are there to help calculate your skill level) and when you won you still had enough of the points to get promoted. I've once lost 7 games in a row before winning one and getting bumped up from silver to platinum.



I realize it is most likely because he has played better people my question is why? why arent the other players at the top being matched up with the best of the best?


I didn't mean to imply you were dense or anything.

Random chance probably. Maybe playing on times when most good players are playing. Playing in a division with many good players (assuming the ladder system takes that into account in some way). Hacks. Pick one.

Or short answer: I'm not sure.
TDC
Profile Joined May 2010
United States197 Posts
August 06 2010 11:47 GMT
#54
On August 05 2010 00:30 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2010 00:26 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 03 2010 17:10 0tso wrote:
I really dislike Ghosts in SC2 (because I'm a protoss player obv) and I know a lot of people share my opinion that they are OP. I had an idea that EMP should not deal "damage" to the shields but rather just "change" the value to 0. This is a very soft nerf and it would still make EMP a great skill. Does any1 agree with me?

I'm unsure about the galaxy editor terminology but in wc3 the difference would be Damage/HP removal I think..

If that is the way it works right now... then I'm stupid ^_^

Do you mean it would be like when EMP decloaks a unit? The shields would go down to 0 for the duration of the emp, then jump back to full?


Mmm.. Why not feedback the ghosts?

Also, I think storms need a nerf and so do collosus, When the game is over, I decide to click on the collosus to see how mad I get, usually they have 20+ kills each, I was ahead the whole game and then they make 6 collosus and I get rolled. As for storm, they need to reduce either the size or have the same damage but longer duration..

Also, nerf banelings lol.. 2 banelings > 50 marines.


it's players like you that make people neglect legitimate balance arguments.
why not FB ghost, neft colo, nerf baneling, nerf storm???

do you really want SC2 ladder to be 30minute 50vikings + 2 tanks vs 50vikings + 2 tanks TvT?
Top 25 master league Toss http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1253149/TDC
horoLA
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil50 Posts
August 06 2010 15:04 GMT
#55
Hi I'm new to teamliquid and i would like some tips in ZvZ, i'm in gold league and get cheesed a lot and i tend to have some really standard play(like 14 pool extractor) in order to be stable. Any video streams would also be appreciated.

Also, how do i deal with cheeses in general?
OreoBoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada1639 Posts
August 06 2010 16:23 GMT
#56
It is common to see cheese on Xel'naga caverns? I think out of all the games I played, only one person has played standard.
AyeH
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States534 Posts
August 06 2010 19:52 GMT
#57
I've got a question... I played a 2v2 custom today and I countered one of the guys attacking my teammate and destroyed his entire base and every building he had (checked replay as well) but he still remained in the game. Is this a new change to SC2 that I never read about? That you can stay in game in a 2v2,3v3,4v4 as long as your teammates have buildings up?
Is it in you?
Pandorac
Profile Joined August 2010
United States32 Posts
August 06 2010 20:52 GMT
#58
I've got a question... I played a 2v2 custom today and I countered one of the guys attacking my teammate and destroyed his entire base and every building he had (checked replay as well) but he still remained in the game. Is this a new change to SC2 that I never read about? That you can stay in game in a 2v2,3v3,4v4 as long as your teammates have buildings up?

Yes! in fact you can make him usefull and give him control of your units.
How long have only 2 drones been in gas!?
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
August 06 2010 21:38 GMT
#59
I'vw also got a question--how do you stop zerg from droning in the early mid-game, basically right after thier expo hatch finishes. They just plant 2 spines and drone up to hell. As protoss the problem is that I can't move out because of if the zerg is cheesing or being very aggressive (mass speedling), my army will just get raped on the spot.
brad drac
Profile Joined May 2010
Ireland202 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-07 01:46:07
August 07 2010 01:41 GMT
#60
On August 06 2010 08:04 mini-miya wrote:
hey guys, just a question, when you playing ladder as random, do you still get "points" (achivment/portrets) if you win with that race you have randomed like in the beta?
i haven't played ladders yet cuz im playing campaign atm.
thx

You sure do. Viva random!
On August 07 2010 06:38 Chronopolis wrote:
I'vw also got a question--how do you stop zerg from droning in the early mid-game, basically right after thier expo hatch finishes. They just plant 2 spines and drone up to hell. As protoss the problem is that I can't move out because of if the zerg is cheesing or being very aggressive (mass speedling), my army will just get raped on the spot.

If the zerg is just turtling up hard, feel free to grab an expo. 2 base toss is extremely scary as zerg. If you'd rather maintain aggression, warp prism antics are extremely effective. If you don't have a couple of immortals to drop yet, just load one up with 4 zealots and after you drop them switch to phase mode and warp in some more. Just be careful not to lose your prism to a queen or spore crawler.

Also, allow me to take this opportunity to say SUCK IT PLATINUM BITCHES, I'M DIAMOND NOW! Probably noone cares, but I started out crappiest of the copper league(never played an RTS online before SC2), so I'm rather chuffed with myself.
Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 684
IntoTheiNu 623
SteadfastSC492
Rex99
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 492
Rex 99
UpATreeSC 96
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 43
Codebar 13
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40474
Jaedong 1430
Hyuk 757
Soma 751
Mini 475
BeSt 459
Larva 368
Rush 304
Soulkey 256
ZerO 236
[ Show more ]
Snow 170
hero 101
Dewaltoss 94
Liquid`Ret 58
Mind 43
sorry 30
yabsab 29
Killer 26
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 19
Rock 19
Terrorterran 17
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1291
Dendi785
Counter-Strike
Fnx 747
x6flipin271
fl0m70
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3445
crisheroes2327
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu450
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1692
byalli464
B2W.Neo376
ceh9370
KnowMe120
QueenE83
Trikslyr35
Chillindude23
Railgan21
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 9
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3473
League of Legends
• TFBlade1055
Other Games
• imaqtpie719
• Shiphtur330
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 33m
OSC
19h 33m
Stellar Fest
19h 33m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.