• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10262 users

[August] SC2 General Discussion - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
August 26 2010 17:10 GMT
#281
On August 26 2010 14:41 kacy1987 wrote:
The WIngs Of Liberty developer interview

The starcraft 2 developer accepted a intervew, and during this interview, he reveal some news that we do not know and what they are going to do next.


http://www.pubarticles.com/article-starcraft-ii-the-wings-of-liberty-developer-interview-1282799905.html


Pure PR jargon that doesn't actually say anything new. Don't waste your time reading like I did.
Cajun2k1
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands399 Posts
August 26 2010 17:20 GMT
#282
On August 26 2010 13:01 -Simplicity- wrote:
Is it impossible to get out of diamond once your in it?


No, you still can be demoted if you linger on the bottom of your league for a while and keep losing that your MMR will match platinumleague.
How can you kill, that which has no life?
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
August 26 2010 17:54 GMT
#283
On August 27 2010 02:20 Cajun2k1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2010 13:01 -Simplicity- wrote:
Is it impossible to get out of diamond once your in it?


No, you still can be demoted if you linger on the bottom of your league for a while and keep losing that your MMR will match platinumleague.

what if you just dont play for a while... i moved up from plat and havnt played any games for like 2 weeks... i was 90th last time i checked cause i havnt laddered.. would you get demoted for being idle?
Jaedong.
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
August 26 2010 18:26 GMT
#284
Anyone else wish that the ladder wins would show up similar to the TLPD entries? It'd be nice if Blizzard could implement W:L Statistics against each race and overall. I'd also like to see medals in the profile for tournaments the player has participated in.
connoisseur
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
August 26 2010 19:34 GMT
#285
How many speedlings to zealot ratio? (I know it's 4 unupgraded ligns 2 one zealot)
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
August 26 2010 19:50 GMT
#286
Confused about the placement system for some reason I thought I would be playing people only in my league and division. Which now that I think about it wouldn't make sense given how few people that would be. Though I can also play people not in my league? My match that moved me from silver to gold was against a platinum level player which seems weird but oh well. Not sure what the division system is for then, just having an overall league ranking would make more sense.
conqueso
Profile Joined May 2010
United States22 Posts
August 26 2010 20:41 GMT
#287
Whats in the water lately? Out of my last 10 terran games(i play toss), 9 of them have gone with heavy banshee play (10+ banshees). Did i miss one of Day[9]'s dailies or something?
huller20
Profile Joined August 2010
United States112 Posts
August 27 2010 00:15 GMT
#288
Just got started with the game, but before I play my placement matches, I'd like to know the maps well. I wanted to know whether in 1v1 placement matches I would be playing only in the 2-player maps listed when you play against AI. I've seen 1v1 matches between pros take place in 4 player maps like Lost Temple, but is this true for the placement and division matches as well?

Thanx in advance.
Assymptotic
Profile Joined February 2009
United States552 Posts
August 27 2010 00:51 GMT
#289
On August 27 2010 09:15 huller20 wrote:
Just got started with the game, but before I play my placement matches, I'd like to know the maps well. I wanted to know whether in 1v1 placement matches I would be playing only in the 2-player maps listed when you play against AI. I've seen 1v1 matches between pros take place in 4 player maps like Lost Temple, but is this true for the placement and division matches as well?

Thanx in advance.



The 4-player maps used in both placement and division matches off the top of my head are as follows:

Metalopolis
Lost Temple
Kulas Ravine
Delta Quadrant
So close, and yet so far
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
August 27 2010 06:48 GMT
#290
does any1 know how to add a map to starcraft 2 folder?? I dled some maps from sc2mapster and wanna publish but i dunno how T_T
kacy1987
Profile Joined August 2010
Hong Kong4 Posts
August 27 2010 09:41 GMT
#291
Grubby Will Move to SC2 from WC3, And Why?

Grubby has won two championships in WC3, but recently it is reported that he will move to SC2 from WC3 next year. Why he wants to swich to SC2? Can he still win championship?

http://www.pubarticles.com/article-grubby-will-move-to-sc2-from-wc3-and-why--1282899834.html
game player
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
August 27 2010 16:45 GMT
#292
On August 27 2010 18:41 kacy1987 wrote:
Grubby Will Move to SC2 from WC3, And Why?

Grubby has won two championships in WC3, but recently it is reported that he will move to SC2 from WC3 next year. Why he wants to swich to SC2? Can he still win championship?

http://www.pubarticles.com/article-grubby-will-move-to-sc2-from-wc3-and-why--1282899834.html

Take it to this thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=147511
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
August 27 2010 17:28 GMT
#293
On August 27 2010 15:48 justiceknight wrote:
does any1 know how to add a map to starcraft 2 folder?? I dled some maps from sc2mapster and wanna publish but i dunno how T_T

I think you just need to open it through the editor then file -> publish yourself. You have to login to your account through the editor then pick lock or unlock. Locking means nobody can edit even yourself (it recommends you keep another copy, advise for the maker) and unlocking means anyone can edit. It doesn't really matter since your not the map maker and the person put it on a public site.
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
August 27 2010 17:52 GMT
#294
On August 28 2010 02:28 BlackMagister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2010 15:48 justiceknight wrote:
does any1 know how to add a map to starcraft 2 folder?? I dled some maps from sc2mapster and wanna publish but i dunno how T_T

I think you just need to open it through the editor then file -> publish yourself. You have to login to your account through the editor then pick lock or unlock. Locking means nobody can edit even yourself (it recommends you keep another copy, advise for the maker) and unlocking means anyone can edit. It doesn't really matter since your not the map maker and the person put it on a public site.



thanks!!

next q : how to make the map i published have a high popularity rating?
Awesomo
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands206 Posts
August 27 2010 19:32 GMT
#295
Does someone have a good replay of a protoss beating mutaling into ultra? thx.
I have an ice-cold beer, everything is possible.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 19:37:41
August 27 2010 19:37 GMT
#296
On August 28 2010 02:52 justiceknight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2010 02:28 BlackMagister wrote:
On August 27 2010 15:48 justiceknight wrote:
does any1 know how to add a map to starcraft 2 folder?? I dled some maps from sc2mapster and wanna publish but i dunno how T_T

I think you just need to open it through the editor then file -> publish yourself. You have to login to your account through the editor then pick lock or unlock. Locking means nobody can edit even yourself (it recommends you keep another copy, advise for the maker) and unlocking means anyone can edit. It doesn't really matter since your not the map maker and the person put it on a public site.



thanks!!

next q : how to make the map i published have a high popularity rating?

I think a lot of people want to know that lol. I assume just create buzz for it by making a good promo video and a thread for it on SC sites like TL and SC2 map sites.
gauntlet
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom2 Posts
August 27 2010 22:48 GMT
#297
Hi, i'm new here, and i just wanted to discuss something. Playing sc2 is my first starcraft experince. I was watching VOD's for a long time before though because i found it so interesting. When I first got the game I wanted to play terran but chose protoss because my cousin wanted to use terran and we didnt want constant mirrors against each other. Anyways i started off very very bad, I was placed in gold, dropped to silver. recently improved quite a bit, and got promoted to gold again, but i have just had one of my worst starcraft days ever and been moved back down to silver.

Anyway. To the point of my post, I am no TLO or Tester as you can see lol. But i wanted to ask if every1 shares the same sentiment with me in that protoss is just the easiest race to cheese. It has a real effect on my play because as i am trying to improve i am constantly having to think about checking every single nook and cranny of the map looking for proxy gateways or proxy barracks etc. and also the pvp matchup is a joke. It is either a 2 gate, cannon rush or void ray rush. Or if it manages to make it past that stage the person with the most stalkers and colossi wins.

This is turning into a little bit of a rant but. Was it like this in brood war? it seems that 19 out of every 20 games i play it ends in either me getting cheesed, or me defeating cheese and then crushing the opponent because he sacrificed everything for the build. also it seems to me (as it apparently does to a lot of people) that the game is somewhat unbalanced, at least at lower levels of play. for example in p v t, if the terran goes mm early push, your survival depends upon how well you place a forcefield at your ramp, and when theres no ramp or theres a back door (stupid blistering sands) you die.

I want to ask terran players if it is the same for them? do they have to fear silly cheesy builds constantly? I have more questions but i'd like to firstly know that as i think changing to terran is the way forward as toss is too fragile early on and there are a few units that they just dont have an answer too (i'm looking at you brood lord)
Awesomo
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands206 Posts
August 28 2010 00:56 GMT
#298
On August 28 2010 07:48 gauntlet wrote:
protoss is just the easiest race to cheese.


i disagree. even though i'm not really facing that much cheese now that i got up to diamond, i don't have a hard time with it. I feel just going for a normal 12gate while scouting after pylon is adequate to stop any kind of cheese.
e.g. if i scout an empty protoss base, i check my own and its surroundings, while rushing to a stalker. if you see 2gate, cut probes and add a gate, if you see cannon rush just make stalkers, 2 stalkers w/ some micro beat infinite cannons (assuming the cannons aren't right next to eachother)
vs zerg just wall w/ pylon gate or gate cyber, pull some probes until zlot arrives in case of 6pool.
vs terran proxy rax just chrono out some stalkers and a sentry.

On August 28 2010 07:48 gauntlet wrote:
and also the pvp matchup is a joke.

I agree, mostly because expansions are near impossible to get up.
I have an ice-cold beer, everything is possible.
waffling1
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
599 Posts
August 28 2010 20:48 GMT
#299
Hatcheries seem to give more vision top-rightward than it does bottom-leftward.

the impact of this is spinecrawlers in ZvZ. i tihnk u would be able to see enemy spines more easily if you spawn on the bottom.
Google.
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany50 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-29 10:12:23
August 28 2010 21:21 GMT
#300
Hey,
I'm pretty new but having lots of fun as a zerg lately. Although I don't compare to anyone that played BW or had beta access, it's is so rewarding that I can see how I beat better oppenents after every single day of playing.

However, I'm still a newbie so maybe someone can help me out with this question I got (I hope this is an okay place to ask):

As a zerg that is going for any BO that invloves its first building at 13,14,15 or even later sup, what are the differences and benefits of the openings with 9overlord, 10 overlord, 10 overlord + extractor and 10 overlord + double extractor. While I can understand that a very early pool requires different prerequisits (and espcially something like 12 pool might love double extractor), I kinda fail to understand why I have seen pro replays with each of the mentioned openings.

Shouldn't there be one superior opening (for late buildings)? What is the difference otherwise?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance.

E: nvm, just found the Strategy forum. Gonna ask there.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
IntoTheiNu 499
SteadfastSC486
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason44
PtitDrogo 42
MindelVK 21
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 114
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 755
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9579
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
KnowMe153
C9.Mang0146
QueenE94
Chillindude52
Trikslyr47
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 39m
OSC
18h 39m
Stellar Fest
18h 39m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.