• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:32
CEST 02:32
KST 09:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9787 users

What do you think about the new achievements? - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
ExoCorsair
Profile Joined February 2008
United States48 Posts
July 10 2010 14:44 GMT
#161
On July 09 2010 18:25 blagoonga123 wrote:
i haven't read the whole topic, but you guys do know you can turn off the pop ups right? I don't know where the option is exactly but it has to do with toast, lol.


Toasts are the pop-ups you get in-game.

It's a programming term; I've used Toasts in Android, and they function the same way (temporary, on-screen pop-up).
Trepanation
Profile Joined May 2010
United States111 Posts
July 10 2010 14:50 GMT
#162
On July 09 2010 04:48 DTown wrote:
who cares about achievements?


Well obviously some people do...there kinda fun when your bored and give you something else to do. I bet they will put some thing in the options to not notify you when you get a achievement in game so its not going to that big of a nuisance.
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
July 11 2010 03:36 GMT
#163
On July 09 2010 06:01 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Tell me how to stop it from opening in the middle of the screen and I'll be happy.

I have turned off toast notifications but it still comes. Fucking annoying.

On the plus side, it did keep TLO from seeing a turret I was building in his base so I guess yay achievments!

Did you try keeping the notification turned ON but setting the duration to ZERO seconds?
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 03:44:44
July 11 2010 03:43 GMT
#164
On July 09 2010 04:46 caseeker wrote:
I think it sucks

First, there are too many achievements against AI
People expected to get different achievement from "players level" not the "AI level"
Repeating all the same achievement with different AI level doesn't sound fun to me.

Second, some of the achievement, like 20 kills with yamato cannon, 30 kills with infested terran, cannot happen when the same level players play "normally"
To make it happen, one of the player must be ridiculously bad or good. or both players agree to give each other achievements...

I would say they should count those achievements over all games, not one game.
woo sorry about my awful english there, so what I'm trying to say is, instead of making it "20 yamato kills in 1 game", make it "50 yamato kills with your account." you get it??
so whenever you shoot the yamato cannon, it records on your account and you get the achievement when you shoot 50 of them that is more realistic and more like "achievement"

Third, why all the achievements are 10 points or 20 points????? give 30, or 50 points for more difficult one!!!!!!!


what you guys think?? :p


The in-game pop-up should be turned off, but how can it be a bad thing? They're fun things to go for, and if you can turn that pop-up off (something I expect to be implemented), it doesn't harm you in any way.

Also, I got the 20 Yamato kills and 30 Infested Terran kills in team league games. Not impossible.

Oh, and I definitely disagree about the "50 Yamato kills over your account" being more of an achievement. 20 in one game is actually fairly hard to do in a league game.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
July 11 2010 03:47 GMT
#165
You can get the kill achievements in co-op as well.
Bull-Demon
Profile Joined January 2003
United States582 Posts
July 11 2010 03:52 GMT
#166
If there is a way to stop them from popping up there is absolutely nothing to complain about. Just ignore them if you don't care. I like having little goals and having to do stuff that isn't considered normal is fun. Just because its starcraft doesn't mean it has to durr durr practice my apm progamer dur.
~_~
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
July 11 2010 03:56 GMT
#167
i think it's alright

make it so we can't see the achieve in game but get it after the game and il'l be more happy
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 11 2010 03:56 GMT
#168
I like achievements just because it's really hard for me to just straight practice games and sometimes I need a break to just kinda mess around. Achievements allow me to do this. It provides a nice change of pace to keep the game interesting.
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
July 11 2010 04:04 GMT
#169
Achievements make you feel like you've DONE something, and, imo, they aren't useless, and like others have said, it's an excuse to waste your time at the computer, slowly, slowly..... draining....... your..........life..............away.

anyway.

some may not like achievements, but i do, if you've got nothing better to do you can sit at the computer trying to get the hardest ones, like, the i see dead units(kill five cloaked or burrowed units (1 game), and work, work!(<30 sec idle harvester time and win) and the master blaster (yamato 20 kills, one game) all these are fun and it's interesting to check others profile and be able to say, oh, look, he likes to use his harvesters a lot, or, my oh my, he loves yamato. especially if you know that they don't pall around trying to get them all. as of so far into the beta, i have achievements on the back of my mind, but the ultimate goal is to WIN, and that is how blizz probably intended it to be.
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
Powerstrike
Profile Joined July 2010
50 Posts
July 11 2010 04:07 GMT
#170
I love the achievements check this out :D :D

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2140/didoachievementscopy.png

Anyway can some1 give me a hint on how to complete the Neighborly Help ?? I tried healing with medivacs - didnt work, I tried healing with queens - didn't work??
Deleted User 62283
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
385 Posts
July 11 2010 04:08 GMT
#171
On July 09 2010 15:19 Mohdoo wrote:
Any other Protoss players get a chuckle out of getting the "Counter-Proof" achievement while probe harassing a Terran?


Me!

Also, getting the one finger discount is super easy. If proxy anything fails, your guaranteed to get it.
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
July 11 2010 04:09 GMT
#172
--- Nuked ---
Laconic
Profile Joined June 2010
United States32 Posts
July 11 2010 04:19 GMT
#173
On July 11 2010 13:07 Powerstrike wrote:Anyway can some1 give me a hint on how to complete the Neighborly Help ?? I tried healing with medivacs - didnt work, I tried healing with queens - didn't work??


Are you sure you healed enough hit points? I got the achievement purely by accident so I'm not entirely sure I remember, but I think just Medivacs will do the trick.

I kind of wish there were intermediate achievements for wins with each race icon other than the 1000 win icons, like 100 or so. I also wish there were more icons for the goofy achievements like Combat and Economy. But overall I'm pretty satisfied with the system.
RoMarX
Profile Joined April 2010
Argentina189 Posts
July 11 2010 04:32 GMT
#174
On July 11 2010 13:07 Powerstrike wrote:
I love the achievements check this out :D :D

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2140/didoachievementscopy.png

Anyway can some1 give me a hint on how to complete the Neighborly Help ?? I tried healing with medivacs - didnt work, I tried healing with queens - didn't work??


lol you got almost all those achievements in a few days, they should make them harder... lets say: kill 50 units with yamato gun in one game
Hellooo!!!!!!!
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
July 11 2010 04:34 GMT
#175
getting neighborly help was an accident for me.. but i think you are GUARANTEED to get it by making an mmm ball, then pushong out.
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
Powerstrike
Profile Joined July 2010
50 Posts
July 11 2010 04:46 GMT
#176
Hmm seems last time it just bugged or something... OK guys - I dont know if im first but w/e

World first supreme being :D

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5523/didoachievements.jpg
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
July 11 2010 04:59 GMT
#177
On July 10 2010 22:58 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Obviously, there is going to be a group of people who are going to race to see who can be the first to obtain all of the achievements... and since it appeals to some people, I think it's not a terrible thing to have. I don't care as much, so I'm not going to complain about the concept per se.


It's going to take a looooong time to get all the achievements. Some of them just take a ridiculous amount of time to do, for example, the Solo Zen Master achievement requires you to get 4000 league wins....that's a lot of games.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
EliteAzn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States661 Posts
July 11 2010 05:01 GMT
#178
I like them. There is only 1 reason to dislike them (AND ONLY ONE REASON). It is that when you get the achievement, it's blocks your view...

That is all
(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ High Five! _o /\ o_
BrenttheGreat
Profile Joined July 2010
United States150 Posts
July 11 2010 05:03 GMT
#179
I must admit when I saw 20 points being offered for getting 1000 wins with each race in 1v1 I laughed pretty hard. I think there should be a clever t-shirt sent to you by Blizzard for that achievement.
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
July 11 2010 05:16 GMT
#180
just put it to the back of ur mind
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft516
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft516
SpeCial 100
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 156
Noble 82
Hyuk 58
NaDa 50
Bale 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm136
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Counter-Strike
taco 30
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox495
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4306
Khaldor636
Other Games
summit1g7951
FrodaN1599
Coldzera 825
shahzam558
JimRising 471
C9.Mang0311
KnowMe163
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS57
Mew2King45
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick843
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21271
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 29m
Online Event
10h 29m
FEL
15h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.