• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:55
CEST 11:55
KST 18:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7423 users

What do you think about the new achievements? - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
Psychopomp
Profile Joined April 2010
United States237 Posts
July 11 2010 05:24 GMT
#181
Pop-up mid-game is annoying.

'Chieves themselves are nice. Plenty of stuff in there for newer players, who will need a bit of creative help, and a push in the direction of how the game's meant to be played. There's also some long term stuff, and some nice challenges for better players. Basically, this is the way achievements were meant to be done.

Also, there's two TF2 references.
mBombz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States71 Posts
July 11 2010 05:25 GMT
#182
The way I see it, I feel the view from the game designer's standpoint is that it simply doesn't hurt to add them. The general gamer likes to feel he or she is making some progress and to also have some direction when things get a little stale. Most of the achievements are achieved as you play the game normally, and getting some form of a "reward" is well - rewarding and fun (and obviously the amount of personal reward and fun differs between gamers). It's an explicit way to say you're progressing forward. For me, I'm certainly all for these achievements and find them fun to get as I naturally play the game.
Powerstrike
Profile Joined July 2010
50 Posts
July 11 2010 05:29 GMT
#183
Every1 will get that one eventually, I mean noone said you should do 1000 games as each race for 3 days, you can play a month or 3 ... and you'll have it.. anyway SC2 is going to be online for quite alot... years.
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
July 11 2010 05:35 GMT
#184
On July 11 2010 13:04 Day[10] wrote:
Achievements make you feel like you've DONE something, and, imo, they aren't useless, and like others have said, it's an excuse to waste your time at the computer, slowly, slowly..... draining....... your..........life..............away.

anyway.

Exactly ... they only make you feel like you did something notheworthy, but in reality you didnt. So giving out tons of achievements will make kiddies go hunt for them and waste their time while trying their best, because many of them are either ridiculously stupid or achievable only through ridiculous setups which wont improve your ladder play. Now ladder play isnt the most important thing about this game, but beating up an AI will only improve your skills to a basic competitive level, because the AI isnt creative and always does the same.
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
andeh
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States904 Posts
July 11 2010 05:39 GMT
#185
Can I get achievements for my achievements please?
Ownos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 05:54:13
July 11 2010 05:50 GMT
#186
If you think the achievement pane is annoying. Wait till you get "X is slowing down the game" or other such notifications that used to be off to the side and fade on its own. I thought it would fade off but I had to click the x to close it.

On July 09 2010 11:37 prototype. wrote:
Some achievements are pretty ridiculous.

Win 1000 games with each race (worth 20 points). What is this I don't even.


Yeah, pretty ridiculous that anyone serious about this game will eventually earn that without trying. RINDONKULUS!!!!
...deeper and deeper into the bowels of El Diablo
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 11 2010 06:05 GMT
#187
On July 11 2010 14:50 Ownos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 11:37 prototype. wrote:
Some achievements are pretty ridiculous.

Win 1000 games with each race (worth 20 points). What is this I don't even.


Yeah, pretty ridiculous that anyone serious about this game will eventually earn that without trying. RINDONKULUS!!!!


?

It's doubtful that anyone "serious" about the game will win 3000 1v1s with their offraces without trying.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
PaterSin
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany301 Posts
July 11 2010 06:13 GMT
#188
played some 2v2 with a friend yesterday first against ai and then normal just to show him the game a little more. So I didn't rly had anything to do in the coop games so I just build up armies and let him play -> I got so many achievements^^
later in a normal 2v2 we had an epic 1h game we almost lost more than once but in the end won me as toss getting HT one of the enemies was Zerg who massed Hydras and lings at some point so I stormed the shit out of them^^ -> Meatgrinder! I think thats pretty cool stuff like that this way I'll always remember this game :D + the replay of course



On July 11 2010 14:50 Ownos wrote:
If you think the achievement pane is annoying. Wait till you get "X is slowing down the game" or other such notifications that used to be off to the side and fade on its own. I thought it would fade off but I had to click the x to close it.


they do fade on their own
En Taro Tassadar
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
July 11 2010 06:13 GMT
#189
I really like them, adds some flavour and fun. Encourages people to try new things as well. ^^
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
July 11 2010 06:17 GMT
#190
On July 11 2010 14:39 andeh wrote:
Can I get achievements for my achievements please?

there are. you get an achievement for getting all the achievements of a single category
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Deleted User 47542
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1484 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 06:22:35
July 11 2010 06:22 GMT
#191
Just throwing it out there, I am a TERRAN MACRO MONSTER. Sadly I don't give a fuck.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-11 06:24:44
July 11 2010 06:24 GMT
#192
i dont like achievements, they should be toggle on or off (able).
edit: achievements are for wow..
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
kar1181
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom515 Posts
July 11 2010 10:42 GMT
#193
I don't get the achievement 'popups' in game, so I don't know if that's a bug or if I've somehow fluked a way to turn that off.

In general though I don't mind achievements. If they don't interest you, ignore them. As long as you can turn off the in-game notifications (as somehow I have), then I don't think there's much to complain about.
uhlyk
Profile Joined February 2010
Slovakia36 Posts
July 11 2010 10:45 GMT
#194
achi sux... it is priceless when during fight nice two pop up windows show up with new achi!!
Piski
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Finland3461 Posts
July 11 2010 10:49 GMT
#195
On July 11 2010 19:45 uhlyk wrote:
achi sux... it is priceless when during fight nice two pop up windows show up with new achi!!


But it doesn't matter dude.. You got an achievement!
Decko
Profile Joined May 2010
United States150 Posts
July 11 2010 10:52 GMT
#196
I read the post, and I find it amusing that you think they suck but you wrote something somewhat constructive in regards to their presence. I'm personally not an achievement addict, but I am willing to say that popular opinion in regards to them would be the correct statement for my sentiment. They're additional fun, and I spent a few hours today doing some of the vs. Comp achievements that the original-poster admonished. They gave me a reason to try out the difficulty settings, and drive me to play multiple A.I. opponents at the same time. Without the achievement I may never have bothered, but I really enjoyed them today and it certainly adds to the overall experience.

As for the value of each achievement, I'm not sure that what they're set at now is the final verdict. Also, the real achievements, in typical fashion are the portraits. So I think it's fine that a lot of the achievements are relegated to A.I. play considering that the gravity portraits hold is far greater than achievement points.

Anyway, I enjoyed the post and hopefully they begin to grow on you as achievement did for me.
Superman does good, you're doing well.
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
July 11 2010 11:06 GMT
#197
On July 11 2010 15:22 superbabosheki wrote:
Just throwing it out there, I am a TERRAN MACRO MONSTER. Sadly I don't give a fuck.


Lol, isn't it macro master? Anyways, I think I got the same one, like have units queued in 6 terran production buildings or something. When the achievement popped up, I was about to gg because my zerg opponent was ripping apart my base. A perfect moment to mindlessly queue stuff.
SneakPeek
Profile Joined April 2010
Philippines162 Posts
July 11 2010 11:19 GMT
#198
i agree with OP. its not like im playing Mafia Wars in BNet 2.0 to get those achievements. and i always get the thought " if Jaedong, Flash, Bisu or any other pro player would play SC2, do they need to get all those achievements to prove themselves as the best in SC2?? i dont think so..." ow and if i remember correctly, in one of the WCG Grand Finals game Stork vs Jaedong Game 2, the highest kill i saw HTs/archon did was 23 i think so how can you get 30kills with infested terran if your opponent is at your level??
Jandos
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Czech Republic928 Posts
July 11 2010 11:55 GMT
#199
Anyone did the achievment Win FFA against 7 insane AI opponents ? ;]
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
July 11 2010 11:57 GMT
#200
I got the Infested Terran-achievment in a pretty close 1v1. People are underestimating the power of burrowed infestors.
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1319
actioN 1232
Soma 631
EffOrt 311
Horang2 215
Pusan 176
Jaedong 151
hero 124
Stork 124
soO 88
[ Show more ]
HiyA 77
ZerO 75
Killer 67
Rush 45
Shinee 33
Sharp 32
sorry 32
Bale 31
Mong 25
NaDa 12
Terrorterran 10
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Sexy 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1757
XaKoH 235
Counter-Strike
edward47
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes806
WinterStarcraft786
Other Games
gofns51941
singsing1236
olofmeister1170
ceh9567
Livibee201
Pyrionflax131
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick574
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• StrangeGG 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Jankos1669
• Rush1518
• Stunt395
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6m
CranKy Ducklings4
Afreeca Starleague
6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 6m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.