• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7058 users

What do you think about the new achievements? - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
July 09 2010 01:03 GMT
#81
People must have low concentration level if a 200 pixel wide 60 pixel tall box distracts you. I barely notice the box is there, and there's no way I could be distracted by it.
i-bonjwa
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 09 2010 01:06 GMT
#82
On July 09 2010 10:03 SichuanPanda wrote:
People must have low concentration level if a 200 pixel wide 60 pixel tall box distracts you. I barely notice the box is there, and there's no way I could be distracted by it.

Lol, you realize it BLOCKS part of the screen right?

I literally had a game today against TLO in which he got the achievment pop-up and could not target my building turret in his base - infact, he didn't even see it.

The popup is fucking huge, and extremely annoying. There is NO reason I should not be able to turn it off, and there is no reason to defend there not being an option to do so.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
July 09 2010 01:07 GMT
#83
On July 09 2010 10:06 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 10:03 SichuanPanda wrote:
People must have low concentration level if a 200 pixel wide 60 pixel tall box distracts you. I barely notice the box is there, and there's no way I could be distracted by it.

Lol, you realize it BLOCKS part of the screen right?

I literally had a game today against TLO in which he got the achievment pop-up and could not target my building turret in his base - infact, he didn't even see it.

The popup is fucking huge, and extremely annoying. There is NO reason I should not be able to turn it off, and there is no reason to defend there not being an option to do so.


I'm not defending it, simply stating its not that annoying in my opinion, I simply move my screen if I can't click behind it. By all means there should be a way to disable the notifications, but I bet we'll see 2-3 more patches after launch before that happens.
i-bonjwa
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 01:10:24
July 09 2010 01:10 GMT
#84
Ah, I'm sorry then - I jumped to conclusions since there's been so many people defending the real ID switch
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
shalamadoooo
Profile Joined July 2010
78 Posts
July 09 2010 01:11 GMT
#85
Achievement Unlocked: Stop Drop & LOL
Achievement Unlocked: Connect to the internet
Achievement Unlocked: Drop An Ally
Achievement Unlocked: Force Opponent to Rage
etc...
hofodomo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States257 Posts
July 09 2010 01:12 GMT
#86
I love the achievements. While there are probably too many AI achieves, it will at least occupy some free time when I don't feel like doing league games. And collecting achievement points are a pretty good psychological tactic to get the average user to continue, hehe. Now, I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to do the 1v3 AI, since it doesn't give you that option in 4 player maps...

I do think that blizzard should handle achievements popups better. There are so many different alternatives for showing achievements:

--popups at the end of a match
--miniature version of the popup banner in the corner of the screen
--option to disable popup notification (I didn't explore the game options menu, so if it's already there, then whatever)

Anyways, for no reason should a popup occur on-screen during a match, even if it's not all that bothersome. It is absolutely unacceptable.
Smoke weed ev'ry day.
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
July 09 2010 01:13 GMT
#87
On July 09 2010 10:10 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Ah, I'm sorry then - I jumped to conclusions since there's been so many people defending the real ID switch


Heh its okay, I've gotten more than a little enraged at people on here the past few days when they keep saying something to the regard of 'its not that big a deal that people know your real name'. Yea sure, realistically no one can really steal my identity by knowing my real name, but that's not the reason is it.
i-bonjwa
Graven
Profile Joined June 2010
United States314 Posts
July 09 2010 01:14 GMT
#88
On July 09 2010 04:48 whoopadeedoo wrote:
I wish I could turn off achievements. I couldn't give a rat's ass about points and icons. The midgame pop-up notices just annoy me.


QFT.
uberdeluxe
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada306 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 01:20:23
July 09 2010 01:15 GMT
#89
so many cool acheivements! It's so much better now! plus new player icons, like A ZERG REAVER :O and the icons are harder to get, too!

On July 09 2010 10:11 shalamadoooo wrote:
Achievement Unlocked: Stop Drop & LOL
Achievement Unlocked: Connect to the internet
Achievement Unlocked: Drop An Ally
Achievement Unlocked: Force Opponent to Rage
etc...


acheivement unlocked: get BM'd
acheivement unlocked: mess with speaker while game is starting, then fall off chair after realizing it started
acheivement unlocked: lose a game due to a glitch
No mules, no collosi, no PFs, just LOVE!
Sixes
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1123 Posts
July 09 2010 01:16 GMT
#90
On July 09 2010 04:55 blabber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2010 04:49 floor exercise wrote:
It's annoying getting them in the middle of a game, that's my only opinion on achievements

yup, i don't get why they think it's a good idea to have a huge message show up in the middle of the screen


this

I really don't care too much though because it's really just for the first game or two.

I got the early zerglings, 21 morphing, centennial queen and a couple other in my first game, then the things stopped showing up.
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 01:20:04
July 09 2010 01:19 GMT
#91
On the achievements and the system intrusion:

- Some of them require you to play poorly, or to modify your strategy to obtain them in a simple fashion. (Kill 30 units with Yamoto cannon in a single game?.... Okay FFA I suppose.)
- Some of them will take you a year to get to actually obtain it in a competitive atmosphere, if you don't cheese them in a game. (See Yamoto cannon spam achievement.)
- The window in the game is unnecessary. Why can't it tell you when the game is done that you have an achievement unlocked? (I was going to totally micro my window, but the game just told me I built 9 units at once and now I can't see shit.)
- A cool idea would to have the unlock for the offensive achievements show up in chat, but you would have to toggle which ones could show up and when, and which ones shouldn't. (The build x units within the first 250 seconds is not something I want broadcast in my game.)
shammythefox
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom286 Posts
July 09 2010 01:23 GMT
#92
oh noes SC2 isn't RPG enough! any ideas




I GOT IT GUISE


LETS ADD A GRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD
Zerluth
Profile Joined May 2010
Argentina78 Posts
July 09 2010 01:24 GMT
#93
On July 09 2010 09:53 synapse wrote:
Achievements are to console lesser / younger players... (IMO).

They are pretty fun though, I sniped a guy's medivac holding a thor and got an achievement. I felt very proud :D


I loled when I got that too

Hopefully they'll give us a way of disabling the pop-ups shortly.

silencesc
Profile Joined July 2010
United States464 Posts
July 09 2010 01:28 GMT
#94
Achievements just make me mad...this is starcraft, not Halo. Go back to the console, achievement lovers.
Real Men Proxy Gate | TEAM LIQUID HWITINGGGG!! PROUD MEMBER OF UC DAVIS CSL TEAM | "If you don't give a shit about what gum you eat, buy Stride" - Liquid`Tyler on SotG 4/19/2011
Ikkath
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom54 Posts
July 09 2010 01:32 GMT
#95
On July 09 2010 10:23 shammythefox wrote:
oh noes SC2 isn't RPG enough! any ideas




I GOT IT GUISE


LETS ADD A GRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD


Ha, this made me chuckle.

The achievements look pretty good and I actually like collecting them. This said I won't be modifying my play style to seek them - unless im in a late game 4v4/FFA and think hey I have X BC's lets get a few more and try and grab the Y achievement.

I also like the idea of a mid-game popup for offensive plays though it surely can be done in a better way than covering a central portion of the screen. When I think of these outstanding issues it really makes me wonder what they playtest internally...
sikyon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada1045 Posts
July 09 2010 01:35 GMT
#96
Oh noes something some else enjoys, I must rail against it!

I like achievements, they are funny and rewarding. But if you want pop-ups to be disablable, that might happen if you complain enough. I mean if you want this game to be totally SRS BZNESS GUISE.

But in all seriousness I do like them, and if it gets more players into the ladder system and playing SCII longer I'm all for it.
Vessel
Profile Joined June 2010
United States214 Posts
July 09 2010 01:36 GMT
#97
the queen portrait and queen of blades portrait look cool, also some of the all races ones, thats all i really want, i dont care about building a hatchery within the first 255 seconds or whatever the other achievements are
silencesc
Profile Joined July 2010
United States464 Posts
July 09 2010 01:53 GMT
#98
On July 09 2010 10:35 sikyon wrote:
Oh noes something some else enjoys, I must rail against it!

I like achievements, they are funny and rewarding. But if you want pop-ups to be disablable, that might happen if you complain enough. I mean if you want this game to be totally SRS BZNESS GUISE.

But in all seriousness I do like them, and if it gets more players into the ladder system and playing SCII longer I'm all for it.


It doesn't have to go...it just needs to have some changes. You must admit, it can be intrusive in a high level game, and while they are cute, it doesn't feel like a starcraft thing, it feels like a console. But that makes sense, as Bnet 2.0 was made by the guy who made Xbox live...
Real Men Proxy Gate | TEAM LIQUID HWITINGGGG!! PROUD MEMBER OF UC DAVIS CSL TEAM | "If you don't give a shit about what gum you eat, buy Stride" - Liquid`Tyler on SotG 4/19/2011
Yeran
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany23 Posts
July 09 2010 01:59 GMT
#99
I like those achievements. I'm all for cool stuff going on and not all that much about winning many other people here seem to be, as winning is not needed at all to have fun. Ofc you start trying to win, but if you notice a game is lost anyway no harm is done if you try and sqeeze in some battle cruisers to yamato stuff or w/e. Sounds fun to me and thats why those achievements are fine. Blizzard will be smart enough allowing users to achieve most of the stuff in whatever league people want, so you dont have to be totally awesome to pull that stuff off. Its just about having a good time and thats what gaming is all about unless you want to earn money playing.
Euphemism
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada57 Posts
July 09 2010 02:27 GMT
#100
Assuming you play 8 hours a day, average 15 minutes on your games (game time + interface time + other stuff), and have a 50% win rate... it'll take you 2 months to unlock one of the 1000 wins portraits.

... perhaps the Kerrigan portrait could be unlocked faster by constantly 6-pooling?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 160
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 35
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft355
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Rush1443
• Lourlo1422
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.