• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7058 users

What do you think about the new achievements? - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
theDragoon
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada307 Posts
July 08 2010 21:22 GMT
#61
On July 09 2010 04:49 floor exercise wrote:
It's annoying getting them in the middle of a game, that's my only opinion on achievements


Yea I feel the same way. I wish we can somehow turn off those notifications or at least show all the achievements you unlocked on the score screen or something. I'm sure if enough people complained about it Blizzard would add an option to remove the notifications.
Zerluth
Profile Joined May 2010
Argentina78 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 21:36:39
July 08 2010 21:34 GMT
#62
On July 09 2010 04:48 whoopadeedoo wrote:
I wish I could turn off achievements. I couldn't give a rat's ass about points and icons. The midgame pop-up notices just annoy me.


Agreed.
Some achievements might be fun (specially for its name) but IMHO is more of a "OMG I am good at this game" bonus for some new players, but since I'm old aged and bitter I give a damn if I have an icon saying "you killed a nexus while it was being warped", is way more enjoyable to win a little well played battle without any notification than having stupid pop-ups freaking me out.

In wow (also full of stupid achievements) I only enjoyed the hard achievements to get (like some of the pvp ones, or the ones bound to raid hardmodes). Not that I think it was important but it was fun to kill 20 players in a bg without being killed
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
July 08 2010 21:38 GMT
#63
I think the achievments are excessive and pretty pointless, but it's not like they bother me. I don't see why they should piss anyone off or anything.
aepal
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands123 Posts
July 08 2010 21:38 GMT
#64
Imagine you are at wcg finals 2011 for SC2 and you have to use a different account for that tourney and at the final win/lose battle you get all those achievement pop ups -.-
That is just unacceptable imo..

But knowing blizzard i am sure they will keep that in mind.
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
July 08 2010 21:42 GMT
#65
Damn, people complaining achievements are too hard now? What the heck. Aren't achievements supposed to be hard? So you feel like you accomplished something? I don't really care about achievements but asking for it to be easier seems so dumb.
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 08 2010 21:51 GMT
#66
On July 09 2010 06:42 Clow wrote:
Damn, people complaining achievements are too hard now? What the heck. Aren't achievements supposed to be hard? So you feel like you accomplished something? I don't really care about achievements but asking for it to be easier seems so dumb.


Nah man, achievements are supposed to be for GIANT things, like, turning the program on, or selecting your first match on a bnet server.

Achievements have just become something for people too lazy to try to get to make them feel good. Damn communists
btlyger
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States470 Posts
July 08 2010 21:53 GMT
#67
I like the achievements, I'm glad I have something to work towards as far as icons go.

The GAME is looking good.

BNet2.0 still sucks.
"Minerals being mined. Minerals being mined. Minerals being mined." Learn how to post: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
July 08 2010 21:57 GMT
#68
I don't really care. They are their but I play normally and sometime, you see a reward

It's just like in CS:S, they just added achievement but I could care less of them, I just play my normal game.
n_n
Shigure
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States215 Posts
July 08 2010 22:01 GMT
#69
Lol i cant even call some of them achievements, but id rather have them pop up after the game, its a bit distracting to have it come out when ur mid game macroing/microing.
Iam the mod in KawaiiRice's stream, banning you
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
July 08 2010 22:01 GMT
#70
On July 09 2010 04:48 DTown wrote:
who cares about achievements?


This.

It's pretty obvious achievements were implemented to attract casual gamers.
The real "achievements" aren't "Congratulations. You won 25 games.".
ffz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States490 Posts
July 08 2010 22:05 GMT
#71
I like them lol. Haters gonna hate.

whats wrong with them patting you on the back for doing something cool?
Meow.
Qzy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Denmark1121 Posts
July 08 2010 22:05 GMT
#72
Hopefully they'll make it, so you can disable them while playing.
TG Sambo... Intel classic! Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
YunhOLee
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Canada2470 Posts
July 08 2010 22:06 GMT
#73
some of them are going to take forever to get, i mean.. just look at the win 800 free for all games?! O_O;;
Live it, love it, play it, kill it. JulyZerg and IPXZerg greatest TL.net fan
FroZeNN
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States165 Posts
July 08 2010 22:20 GMT
#74
Personally i think achievements are kool, but also i think most shiny things are. However, its a nice way to bring in noobies into the game. I watched my friend play the game today, because i was over his house and we took turns playing on our own account, and he got so excited when he got like i think it was a "Denied" achievement. He loved it thought it was all awesome. He is fairly new to the game, but i think things like achievements reward noobies for playing a lot, and then they get good because they were playing a lot so im all up for them!!!!
"More GG More Skill" - WhiteRa
elmizzt
Profile Joined February 2010
United States3309 Posts
July 08 2010 22:27 GMT
#75
I don't believe that statements like "Achievements are only for casuals." are true at all. I guarantee you Blizzard will implement achievements catering to every tier of gamer, from the super casual to super hardcore. Therefore, obviously, there will be achievements that are "gimmes" and some that will be extremely difficult to complete.

I would like an option to minimize the disruptiveness of the achievement ding though!
d=(^_^)z
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
July 09 2010 00:30 GMT
#76
I don't like games having multiplayer achivements, on the other side i LOVE singleplayer achivements. In multiplayer i get carried away hunting down achivements rather than just playing my best.
Dugrok
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada377 Posts
July 09 2010 00:35 GMT
#77
They're kind of interesting if you ask me. That said, the fact that they pop up mid-game is distracting and in the way. I'd rather they popped up after the match was over.
unit
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2621 Posts
July 09 2010 00:38 GMT
#78
4000 wins for one of these....some1 is gonna get it in the week we have
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 00:53:08
July 09 2010 00:51 GMT
#79
On July 09 2010 04:46 caseeker wrote:
I think it sucks

First, there are too many achievements against AI
People expected to get different achievement from "players level" not the "AI level"
Repeating all the same achievement with different AI level doesn't sound fun to me.

Second, some of the achievement, like 20 kills with yamato cannon, 30 kills with infested terran, cannot happen when the same level players play "normally"
To make it happen, one of the player must be ridiculously bad or good. or both players agree to give each other achievements...

I would say they should count those achievements over all games, not one game.
woo sorry about my awful english there, so what I'm trying to say is, instead of making it "20 yamato kills in 1 game", make it "50 yamato kills with your account." you get it??
so whenever you shoot the yamato cannon, it records on your account and you get the achievement when you shoot 50 of them that is more realistic and more like "achievement"

Third, why all the achievements are 10 points or 20 points????? give 30, or 50 points for more difficult one!!!!!!!


what you guys think?? :p


Yes I agree, especially about the A.I. ones. Do they honestly want casual players to play 250 games of medium, hard, etc. lmao It's absolutely ridiculous and it's at every level except for easy. I tested all difficulties and I must say the insane A.I. is even ridiculously easy. :/

Lots of these achievements aren't even for casuals. Most of them are actually hardcore. Easy to do, just takes a ridiculous amount of time especially if you have to randomly get a matchup between ZZ, PP, PZ, TZ, TT, TP, etc. you get the idea.

synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
July 09 2010 00:53 GMT
#80
Achievements are to console lesser / younger players... (IMO).

They are pretty fun though, I sniped a guy's medivac holding a thor and got an achievement. I felt very proud :D
:)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 160
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 35
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft355
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Rush1443
• Lourlo1422
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.