• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7058 users

What do you think about the new achievements? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
July 08 2010 20:23 GMT
#41
do you get anything from the achievements or is it just for shits and giggles?
more weight
gdroxor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States639 Posts
July 08 2010 20:23 GMT
#42
Oh boy! I can get an achievement for watching a replay!
I can't wait to get it. I'm going to be a beautiful and unique snowflake.
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 08 2010 20:25 GMT
#43
If they take the notification offtthe screen mid game no one would notice they were even there if they didn't want to
ohN
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1075 Posts
July 08 2010 20:27 GMT
#44
They're fun and something to do when you're bored of laddering.
Exactly what achievements should be.
I like them. :D
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 20:29:06
July 08 2010 20:28 GMT
#45
the only acheivements I find stupid is the ones that says:

Win X games with this races...

and than you have the acheivement that says....

WIN 1000 games as random, zerg, terran, protoss......


Seriously? how many players will get this acheivement? I mean most of the time you'll take once race and stick with it.... 1000 won games as random?

Not saying it's not doable... just saying it would take QUITE a long time


besides that... I don't think we really care about acheivements... it's a steam/wow thing
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Jantix
Profile Joined June 2010
United States48 Posts
July 08 2010 20:29 GMT
#46
I think achievements are fine.

The people that care about them can work to get them and enjoy them. The people that don't care can just ignore them and it makes no difference.
caseeker
Profile Joined April 2010
United States63 Posts
July 08 2010 20:33 GMT
#47
On July 09 2010 05:28 Konsume wrote:
Seriously? how many players will get this acheivement? I mean most of the time you'll take once race and stick with it.... 1000 won games as random?


many people stick with random.
Offhand
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1869 Posts
July 08 2010 20:37 GMT
#48
On July 09 2010 05:23 alphafuzard wrote:
do you get anything from the achievements or is it just for shits and giggles?


You get points which have the same value as they do in "Who's Line is it Anyway?". They aren't redeemable for anything, their values are meaningless, and if you're keeping track of the score I pity you.
Icks
Profile Joined July 2009
France186 Posts
July 08 2010 20:39 GMT
#49
On July 09 2010 04:51 QueueQueue wrote:
I think they are good to have for the people that enjoy getting them. For people don't care so much, it doesn't effect them. So it all works out.

It would be cool if it was right.
But i wont like to play silly ladder games just because my opponent is trying to get an awesome useless achievement.

So, Blizzard should stick to A.I/solo achievements, challenge modes achievements and out of game achievements (number of wins, race etc...)
Read to learn.
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
July 08 2010 20:41 GMT
#50
I keep track. But that's more of a competition thing between me and the people I know LOL
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
July 08 2010 20:43 GMT
#51
Just some unnecessary features of the game. If they don't interfere with the game, I don't really care.
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
July 08 2010 20:44 GMT
#52
You get achievements so easily now, I got one for canceling a building....another for having ...a high enough APM I guess? (Zerg macro master) ....I just think it is annoying to get them so easily, and they don't really have any purpose in an E-Sports point of view at the moment.

Also, as someone said, they shouldn't come up in game..that is really annoying.
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
July 08 2010 20:46 GMT
#53
With Blizzard achievements, you aren't meant to get all of them. In WarCraft III I've seen people only play one specific thing in ladder for achievements, such as 4v4 random for the 1000 wins portrait. Just play whatever race/mode you want, and let the achievement come to you for bragging rights and an awesome portrait (Although the panda marine portrait is so amazing for something so easy to get).
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 08 2010 20:48 GMT
#54
In my first game of phase 2 I got seven of them. The sheer number of them I saw that game amused me for a brief period. In general? who cares? They don't add much of anything, but they don't make the game worse.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
July 08 2010 20:48 GMT
#55
Just have to disable in game notices and it should be good. I like having some achievements that are hard to get like 1000 wins, but 3 in a row? Work,Work or denied achievements are stupid. I also like to unlock portraits just because its a different look to urself when you load the game. This stuff doesn't affect the game, but it makes it a little different.
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
Torture
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada221 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 20:52:30
July 08 2010 20:51 GMT
#56
I got the meatgrinder achievement in my second game, thought it was kinda cool. (Destroy 50 supply in 20 seconds (i'm not sure on the exact number))

That's the kind of achievement you want to appear as it happens, cause then you're like "HAH owned."

A lot of the achievements are things that good players are going to be doing anyways. It's a good way to almost teach the game to casual players and tell them what they should be trying. (I'm thinking of the fast expand, warp in x army units in x seconds type achievements here)
Budzlight
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States578 Posts
July 08 2010 20:53 GMT
#57
i love them, i think they are motivation for newbs to try and become better players. Finally everyone will know what macro and micro means. As far as the in game pop ups go. Thats something that i could do without, they are pretty annoying.
I was the 5% that voted for thorzain in the TSL for round 1
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 08 2010 21:01 GMT
#58
Tell me how to stop it from opening in the middle of the screen and I'll be happy.

I have turned off toast notifications but it still comes. Fucking annoying.

On the plus side, it did keep TLO from seeing a turret I was building in his base so I guess yay achievments!
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Drium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States888 Posts
July 08 2010 21:03 GMT
#59
I wish they gave you achievements AFTER the game. The pop-ups are so anoying.
KwanROLLLLLLLED
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
July 08 2010 21:07 GMT
#60
On July 09 2010 06:03 Lysdexia wrote:
I wish they gave you achievements AFTER the game. The pop-ups are so anoying.


Apparently it tells all of your friends about it too when it happens
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 160
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 35
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft355
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Rush1443
• Lourlo1422
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 49m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.