• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9526 users

UPDATE: Still Unlisted Patch Balance Changes - Page 36

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 42 Next All
Cade)Flayer
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom279 Posts
July 10 2010 15:59 GMT
#701
I like the new variety in the Terran music. I'm sure everyone has noticed this one but it isn't in the OP.
That boys a monster
Feos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany71 Posts
July 10 2010 16:08 GMT
#702
roach speed has always required lair
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 16:53:46
July 10 2010 16:53 GMT
#703
unit speed numbers are now listed in the UI when you hover over their armor.

For zerg it tells the bonus in parenthesis but it's not like how the bonus is for armored is now (its like it used to be) you have to add it together yourself.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 10 2010 17:11 GMT
#704
On July 10 2010 23:47 arb wrote:


Also the zealot nerf isnt that huge for everyone that was complaining about it, its so minute i dont even see a diff.



It's not the first zealot or even the 2nd that is really effected by this change. It's the 3/4/5 ones that are. Now instead of having 4 zealots for your push there is an extra 10-20 seconds(Depending 1/2gate) on them. I'm not sure how big a change it is but I don't think you can call it minute
EssayReader
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)127 Posts
July 10 2010 17:14 GMT
#705
I think I may have figured out the Changeling seeing thing. I almost always get an Overseer, and my Overseer saw it. I do remember patch notes saying that Changelings can be revealed by detectors, so maybe you guys were lucky enough to have detectors?

I need to test more, but if you guys can do it, that would be helpful.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 10 2010 17:14 GMT
#706
On July 11 2010 02:11 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2010 23:47 arb wrote:


Also the zealot nerf isnt that huge for everyone that was complaining about it, its so minute i dont even see a diff.



It's not the first zealot or even the 2nd that is really effected by this change. It's the 3/4/5 ones that are. Now instead of having 4 zealots for your push there is an extra 10-20 seconds(Depending 1/2gate) on them. I'm not sure how big a change it is but I don't think you can call it minute

As soon as i said thati played 2 more games vs zerg, and vs 13pool you'll have like 1 1/4 zealots out vs 6 lings, ive lost like 2-4 games since then because ive had to run probes around because zealots take ages to make.

Pool needs a 5 sec build time increase imo or something to balance it out atleast
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
July 10 2010 18:28 GMT
#707
On July 08 2010 14:39 Uranium wrote:
Blink stalkers can no longer blink over unpathable terrain!!!!!!

Just lost a PvT on Scrap Station cuz I proxied him and he lifted off to the island, I went for blink stalkers and GUESS WHAT "Couldn't find teleport location". GG for me


I just blinked to the island on Desert Oasis. I think you just need sight.
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
July 10 2010 18:38 GMT
#708
On July 11 2010 02:14 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2010 02:11 Numy wrote:
On July 10 2010 23:47 arb wrote:


Also the zealot nerf isnt that huge for everyone that was complaining about it, its so minute i dont even see a diff.



It's not the first zealot or even the 2nd that is really effected by this change. It's the 3/4/5 ones that are. Now instead of having 4 zealots for your push there is an extra 10-20 seconds(Depending 1/2gate) on them. I'm not sure how big a change it is but I don't think you can call it minute

As soon as i said thati played 2 more games vs zerg, and vs 13pool you'll have like 1 1/4 zealots out vs 6 lings, ive lost like 2-4 games since then because ive had to run probes around because zealots take ages to make.

Pool needs a 5 sec build time increase imo or something to balance it out atleast


Ya I've been wondering why I've been losing to ling rushes! And arb, +5 seconds per zealot is HUGE. Now early zealot pressure isn't even an option in PvZ. I'm wondering if that's why bliz made the nerf. I don't see why they wouldn't list that in the patch changes.
Stition
Profile Joined April 2010
United States19 Posts
July 10 2010 18:40 GMT
#709
Didn't read all 36 pages, but Zealots seem to move faster now. Don't have figures, but they outrun tanks/marines/marauders and I recall them running at same speed before. I tested zealot speed before new patch with and without charge upgrade (which makes them 20% faster), but lost the times! If anyone can confirm/deny this I'd appreciate it! Zealots have same speed as stalkers?
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
July 10 2010 18:56 GMT
#710
still waiting for them to add alt qq >.>
Long live BroodWar!
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
July 10 2010 19:09 GMT
#711
You are now forced to make a decision as to whether you want to keep chrono boosting probes, or the zealot. I don't see the zealot time increase as that detrimental. It adds more "strategy" to a "real-time strategy" game, instead of mindless chrono boosting probes.
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 19:13:53
July 10 2010 19:12 GMT
#712
On July 11 2010 03:38 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2010 02:14 arb wrote:
On July 11 2010 02:11 Numy wrote:
On July 10 2010 23:47 arb wrote:


Also the zealot nerf isnt that huge for everyone that was complaining about it, its so minute i dont even see a diff.



It's not the first zealot or even the 2nd that is really effected by this change. It's the 3/4/5 ones that are. Now instead of having 4 zealots for your push there is an extra 10-20 seconds(Depending 1/2gate) on them. I'm not sure how big a change it is but I don't think you can call it minute

As soon as i said thati played 2 more games vs zerg, and vs 13pool you'll have like 1 1/4 zealots out vs 6 lings, ive lost like 2-4 games since then because ive had to run probes around because zealots take ages to make.

Pool needs a 5 sec build time increase imo or something to balance it out atleast


Ya I've been wondering why I've been losing to ling rushes! And arb, +5 seconds per zealot is HUGE. Now early zealot pressure isn't even an option in PvZ. I'm wondering if that's why bliz made the nerf. I don't see why they wouldn't list that in the patch changes.

I didnt think it was huge until i noticed that, zerg doesnt even have to 6 pool because they'll have 6-8 lings at your base vs 1 zealot reallllly early its kinda stupid.

They need to add 5 secs to spawning pool time because i believe someone said zealots got 5 secs because of terran rax nerf. Except they left zerg alone and its killer

On July 11 2010 03:40 Stition wrote:
Didn't read all 36 pages, but Zealots seem to move faster now. Don't have figures, but they outrun tanks/marines/marauders and I recall them running at same speed before. I tested zealot speed before new patch with and without charge upgrade (which makes them 20% faster), but lost the times! If anyone can confirm/deny this I'd appreciate it! Zealots have same speed as stalkers?


I dont know if they have the same speed as stalkers without the upgrade, but now that you mention it i noticed they kept up with my stalkers really well..(when upgraded)
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Dial
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada10 Posts
July 10 2010 19:22 GMT
#713
I did a quick search and couldn't find this anywhere, so I may be wrong but... Archons seem to move much much faster now. I'm not sure if anyone has played around with it, but I was fooling around in a 2vAI game and it felt like they moved incredibly quickly compared to the previous version.
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 19:29:11
July 10 2010 19:28 GMT
#714
If im not mistaken, hasen't the turret been given a range buff? Right now without the auto tracking upgrade, a turret has range 7. Wasn't it 6 before?
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
July 10 2010 19:33 GMT
#715
Maps have been changed, at least two 2v2 maps I've tried where they now block off each team with destructible rocks or like the whole center of that desert map where there now is a big hole in the ground. Why?
tathecat563
Profile Joined April 2010
United States96 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 19:43:27
July 10 2010 19:42 GMT
#716
On July 11 2010 04:28 Energizer wrote:
If im not mistaken, hasen't the turret been given a range buff? Right now without the auto tracking upgrade, a turret has range 7. Wasn't it 6 before?


No it was 7 without autotrack for awhile.

On July 11 2010 04:33 Freezard wrote:
Maps have been changed, at least two 2v2 maps I've tried where they now block off each team with destructible rocks or like the whole center of that desert map where there now is a big hole in the ground. Why?


Are you playing the novice matches? They add destructible rocks and other changes to the maps to avoid a lot of early game pressure for novices.
Hi
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-10 19:49:22
July 10 2010 19:47 GMT
#717
for those who dont know this +5 rax delays the 12rax orbital command bo (which everyone uses) actual OC by 5sec too, but in the midgame i feel no difference in the rax nerf

OP forgot to wrote down my mechanic about transports down
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 09 2010 03:58 MorroW wrote:
when sending transports to unload it only gives the command to transports with cargo in it. aka if u got units in half ur medivacs and click drop on an island only the ones with stuff in them will fly to the island while in first beta phase all of them went there and looked like morons

i found it interesting anyway :<

zealots feel faster now, maybe im just crazy but slow lots seem to catch up with marines now instead of being same speed
On July 11 2010 03:56 HaruHaru wrote:
still waiting for them to add alt qq >.>

+1 ^^
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
July 10 2010 19:53 GMT
#718
zealots feel faster now, maybe im just crazy but slow lots seem to catch up with marines now instead of being same speed


Marines and Zealots are still the exact same speed (2.25)
3.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
July 10 2010 21:49 GMT
#719
Creep now provides the speed boost to any speed upgrades gotten instead of just on the base speed, with upgrades added after. This means zerglings and roaches are now even faster on creep after they have their speed upgrades.
scott desu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States34 Posts
July 10 2010 23:14 GMT
#720
Feels like nukes come down a lot faster then before. Maybe just a feeling
('x.x)G-(._.Q)
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 42 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft336
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft336
ViBE140
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1940
Artosis 589
Shuttle 541
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever685
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox517
Other Games
summit1g8172
shahzam608
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0259
Maynarde129
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick911
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen114
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 32m
Stellar Fest
12h 32m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.