• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:33
CEST 07:33
KST 14:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8261 users

Korean SC2 Event June 24th - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
June 13 2010 10:13 GMT
#21
On June 03 2010 12:07 baconbits wrote:
yeah only thing that makes it questionable is phase 2 beta may not be up, and there would be no way to host games (legally or legitimately, atleast) as phase 1 comes down on the 7th and there is no date yet for phase 2


The event is being run by blizzard is it not? Pretty sure they have the power to play their own game.
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
radim
Profile Joined October 2009
Czech Republic122 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-13 10:35:42
June 13 2010 10:35 GMT
#22
On June 03 2010 12:00 tyCe wrote:
Some guy on gg.net said it will be Boxer v NaDa, as accidentally announced on GomTV. (This is just speculation so far)

oh that would be nice..
끝까지.
cocosoft
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1068 Posts
June 13 2010 11:39 GMT
#23
On June 03 2010 12:01 Terranist wrote:
i dont know how they plan on doing this if bnet is down but if you're trolling i will find you and do some terrible terrible damage.


Read the sources?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mojawi)SoJu
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)259 Posts
June 13 2010 11:54 GMT
#24
gonna sheck that :D~!
#1 김택용 팬 | #1 화승 오즈 프로게임단 팬 | 스타2 하자! | 나를 찢어갈겨 이 씨발놈아 왜 나를 미치게 만들어 니가 뭘 아는데?
DeLoAdEr
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Japan527 Posts
June 13 2010 12:03 GMT
#25
On June 03 2010 13:23 Puosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2010 13:18 Tump wrote:
Pro gamer license allows you to play any game afaik, as long as you can succeed. This means that current SC1 progamers are already licensed to be SC2 progamers.

Actually a lot of players had to get rid of their license when they started SC2, one of these is Tester according to Artosis..


what would tester gain from getting rid of his license?
Deviation
Profile Joined November 2009
United States134 Posts
June 13 2010 13:36 GMT
#26
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 21:41:57
June 21 2010 21:39 GMT
#27
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.

Anyway, on topic, if Blizzard really got Boxer and Nada to showmatch on SC2, then I think they really know how to switch korea on to SC2. Another blow to Kespa (unless of course Kespa is in on it).
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
June 21 2010 21:41 GMT
#28
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 21:44:19
June 21 2010 21:43 GMT
#29
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
June 21 2010 21:48 GMT
#30
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


At attempt was made at a LAN emulator in the early weeks of the beta, they got quite far, but were given cease and desist orders from Blizzards lawyers. Blizzard made a deal with them and it didn't go to court.
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
June 21 2010 21:50 GMT
#31
On June 22 2010 06:48 Nyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


At attempt was made at a LAN emulator in the early weeks of the beta, they got quite far, but were given cease and desist orders from Blizzards lawyers. Blizzard made a deal with them and it didn't go to court.

I'm pretty sure that was actually a server emulator as opposed to LAN play, but in any case, you realize a lawsuit can be made on things that aren't really illegal. Also, as you said it didn't go to court so how can you say its determined to be illegal?

For example in the past people have made lawsuits for mcdonalds coffee being too hot. Mcdonalds isnt breaking any actual laws but you can still sue them for things like that.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 21:52:21
June 21 2010 21:50 GMT
#32
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


I'm 100% positive that if you hack someone else's' property it's illegal
Hope someone hacks LAN regardless, also, I'm guessing it will be 2 old timers, most likely Boxer+Yellow or Boxer+Nada as mentioned before, Boxer switched over to Sc2.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Nyx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Rwanda460 Posts
June 21 2010 21:53 GMT
#33
On June 22 2010 06:50 Disastorm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:48 Nyx wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


At attempt was made at a LAN emulator in the early weeks of the beta, they got quite far, but were given cease and desist orders from Blizzards lawyers. Blizzard made a deal with them and it didn't go to court.

I'm pretty sure that was actually a server emulator as opposed to LAN play, but in any case, you realize a lawsuit can be made on things that aren't really illegal. Also, as you said it didn't go to court so how can you say its determined to be illegal?

For example in the past people have made lawsuits for mcdonalds coffee being too hot. Mcdonalds isnt breaking any actual laws but you can still sue them for things like that.


Yeah my bad it was a server emulator, I never said it was illegal, but I don't think the circumvention of payment (for the game) that the emulator provided would be considered legal.
KiF1rE
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States964 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-21 21:57:54
June 21 2010 21:57 GMT
#34
On June 22 2010 06:48 Nyx wrote:

At attempt was made at a LAN emulator in the early weeks of the beta, they got quite far, but were given cease and desist orders from Blizzards lawyers. Blizzard made a deal with them and it didn't go to court.



now heres a question, if some genius figures out how to do this without cracking the game or modding it, but instead using the map editor and blizzard sanctioned tools, would it then still be illegal?

Like say a custom map that has the power to include irc chat, and the ability to change maps etc...


also on note with the show match, has any official information been given to the public, as this is getting kinda close to when its supposed to happen. as its kinda hard to get spectators and stuff for a show match if no one knows its happening....
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
June 21 2010 22:00 GMT
#35
On June 22 2010 06:53 Nyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:50 Disastorm wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:48 Nyx wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


At attempt was made at a LAN emulator in the early weeks of the beta, they got quite far, but were given cease and desist orders from Blizzards lawyers. Blizzard made a deal with them and it didn't go to court.

I'm pretty sure that was actually a server emulator as opposed to LAN play, but in any case, you realize a lawsuit can be made on things that aren't really illegal. Also, as you said it didn't go to court so how can you say its determined to be illegal?

For example in the past people have made lawsuits for mcdonalds coffee being too hot. Mcdonalds isnt breaking any actual laws but you can still sue them for things like that.


Yeah my bad it was a server emulator, I never said it was illegal, but I don't think the circumvention of payment (for the game) that the emulator provided would be considered legal.


Emulator doesn't really circumvent payment though. Its game cracks or warez uploads that does that. I find it hard to believe that emulators themselves are illegal or there wouldn't be the millions of emulator servers for WoW, Lineage2, and all the other games all over the place.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
June 21 2010 22:00 GMT
#36
On June 22 2010 06:50 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


I'm 100% positive that if you hack someone else's' property it's illegal
Hope someone hacks LAN regardless, also, I'm guessing it will be 2 old timers, most likely Boxer+Yellow or Boxer+Nada as mentioned before, Boxer switched over to Sc2.


Sorry, it will not be any of them. All of those progamers are already contracted by their progaming teams. They all appear on the bench when their teams are playing in proleague, and they all participate in SC individual leagues.

But the main reason why this will not happen is that Blizzard/Gretech have no agreement with KESPA. Why would these players, who play under the teams that make up KeSPA, showcase a game they have nothing to do with? Furthermore, why would KeSPA even allow their progamers to do this?

Sorry, it it just not happening.
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
June 21 2010 22:03 GMT
#37
On June 22 2010 07:00 setzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2010 06:50 NuKedUFirst wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:43 Disastorm wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:41 Bosu wrote:
On June 22 2010 06:39 Disastorm wrote:
On June 13 2010 22:36 Deviation wrote:
Would it be illegal if someone created third-party LAN support? I'm sure there are a lot of Korean programmers up to the task.

I think things like that have always been controversial, I think its never really been determined 100% if things like that are illegal or not.


I am pretty sure it has been determined 100% that they are illegal.

I'm not sure, is it really illegal to patch games that you have bought? What about people that mod games (without using official modding software)? What about people hacking in online games? Is that really illegal or is it just against the EULA/rules ? I think its more likely just against the EULA as opposed to actually being illegal.


I'm 100% positive that if you hack someone else's' property it's illegal
Hope someone hacks LAN regardless, also, I'm guessing it will be 2 old timers, most likely Boxer+Yellow or Boxer+Nada as mentioned before, Boxer switched over to Sc2.


Sorry, it will not be any of them. All of those progamers are already contracted by their progaming teams. They all appear on the bench when their teams are playing in proleague, and they all participate in SC individual leagues.

But the main reason why this will not happen is that Blizzard/Gretech have no agreement with KESPA. Why would these players, who play under the teams that make up KeSPA, showcase a game they have nothing to do with? Furthermore, why would KeSPA even allow their progamers to do this?

Sorry, it it just not happening.


Yea probably not but it would be pretty awesome if it did happen and they announce a surprise that KESPA finally came to an agreement.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
brandonc
Profile Joined February 2008
United States72 Posts
June 21 2010 22:14 GMT
#38
I think that you guys are taking this information only half way... This means, if true, that the Koreans know something we dont know - Beta is coming back up on the 24th! maybe the Asia server but still..
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
June 21 2010 22:17 GMT
#39
On June 22 2010 07:14 brandonc wrote:
I think that you guys are taking this information only half way... This means, if true, that the Koreans know something we dont know - Beta is coming back up on the 24th! maybe the Asia server but still..

It might not, they could just use their special LAN of Starcraft 2. Hope the beta comes back the 24th though.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
June 21 2010 22:18 GMT
#40
On June 22 2010 07:14 brandonc wrote:
I think that you guys are taking this information only half way... This means, if true, that the Koreans know something we dont know - Beta is coming back up on the 24th! maybe the Asia server but still..


no it doesnt, blizzard is running the event do you really think they can't play thier own game without battlenet?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2012
Shuttle 943
Dewaltoss 85
Hm[arnc] 41
Bale 25
Noble 23
ZergMaN 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1184
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor680
Other Games
summit1g8437
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft306
Mew2King154
RuFF_SC272
ViBE64
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2312
League of Legends
• Rush1085
• Lourlo967
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 27m
OSC
16h 27m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.