• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:59
CEST 09:59
KST 16:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7431 users

Unlisted Patch 9 Changes! - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 All
Roniii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States289 Posts
April 23 2010 17:13 GMT
#481
On April 24 2010 01:30 GG.Win wrote:
new change:

You can no longer an scv from building by just moving it. You need to hit an extra key (halt production) before you can move your SCV away from the new building.



This almost made me nerd rage last night. Lost my stupid scv to a probe harass
you think as i do
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
April 23 2010 17:15 GMT
#482
On April 24 2010 02:10 PredY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2010 01:30 GG.Win wrote:
new change:

You can no longer an scv from building by just moving it. You need to hit an extra key (halt production) before you can move your SCV away from the new building.



don't tell idra


Now thats just harsh man..
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
NeoScout
Profile Joined April 2010
United States103 Posts
April 23 2010 17:50 GMT
#483
what about sounds??
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
April 23 2010 17:56 GMT
#484
On April 24 2010 02:50 NeoScout wrote:
what about sounds??


new chrono boost sound effect

new sentry attack animation (color change I believe)
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 17:58:40
April 23 2010 17:58 GMT
#485
New sound for mules. Vikings' engines roar now.
Hush
Profile Joined March 2010
United States24 Posts
April 23 2010 18:10 GMT
#486
Where is the map editor?
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
April 23 2010 19:26 GMT
#487
man played a few games with the new not able to cast spells on icons and it went pretty terribly, probably should have played a few custom games before doing placements :p

But after the 3rd game i'm getting the hang of it but its a chore compared to what it was, wasting so much energy on the queen its a ridiculous step backwards.

I guess this is just the usual stuff with blizzard games to have mindless shitty grind as standard
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 20:49:29
April 23 2010 20:08 GMT
#488
On April 23 2010 07:36 Liquid`NonY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 07:33 Ryuu314 wrote:
On April 23 2010 07:31 DrSmoke wrote:
Do I need to point out that "casual" players tend to not be in the beta. So.

1. Casuals won't know it was ever there.
2. By the time sc2 hits stores I think they will have it figured out, considering that if blizz wants money, they have to make the game accessible to a large group of gamers.


Are you kidding me?

Look at the massive number of copper/bronze/low silver players and all the people who got beta through WoW and tell me that "casual players tend to not be in beta"

It's still super low compared to the amount of casual players that'll be playing at release. Aaaaaaand I bet a lot of the casual players in beta didn't even know about casting spells on wireframes.


Yep, I double tapped back to my base to use chrono :S Oh well, I guess now I'm doing it right now, without changing what I'm doing... Easier to do it in the early game- I tend to forget once I have 2-3 Nexii and a bunch of warpgates.

On April 23 2010 10:11 Archerofaiur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2010 10:10 Senx wrote:
He grew tired beacuse you're trying to have a debate with him on a topic that he wasn't even talking about in the first place?


As ive said before the underlying issue, and the reason this UI change took place, is the inherient shallowness of the macro mechanics.


Or is discussing the root of the problem somehow not applicable to a discussion of a problem?


Maybe, and I'll admit, I've enjoyed some of the past debates on macro mechanics- for some reason I thought you were originally for proton charge and against chrono boost, because proton charge didn't promote 'macro-style play'. But in any event, at some point the point can be dropped and gets annoying if every time the word 'macro' is mentioned, the old Archer debates get dredged up. I'm sure we could agree that increasing decision making is welcome (that was my defence for chrono over proton), but need we tread on old territory every time 'macro' is mentioned? (If you've watched Up by Pixar, 'macro' turns into a 'SQUIRREL!' word- completely sidetracking the entire conversation. Very frustrating after a time.)
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
April 23 2010 20:25 GMT
#489
Aside from the obvious changes, couple of annoying things I've noticed with the interface: When I check my ladder standing or someone else's ladder standing the guy under is highlighted instead of the person you're checking. Also I've noticed it doesn't add people when I try to add them from my friend's recent matches. So I can't check the ranks/standings of the people my friend played for example. Not sure if it's intentional or not.
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
Blacklizard
Profile Joined May 2007
United States1194 Posts
April 23 2010 21:21 GMT
#490
On April 24 2010 02:56 Antimage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2010 02:50 NeoScout wrote:
what about sounds??


new chrono boost sound effect

new sentry attack animation (color change I believe)


I like the old chrono sound effect. But the new music in the intro is good.
Blacklizard
Profile Joined May 2007
United States1194 Posts
April 23 2010 21:26 GMT
#491
On April 24 2010 02:13 Roniii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2010 01:30 GG.Win wrote:
new change:

You can no longer an scv from building by just moving it. You need to hit an extra key (halt production) before you can move your SCV away from the new building.



This almost made me nerd rage last night. Lost my stupid scv to a probe harass


Personally very glad of this... how many times did I accidentally grab my SCV and stop building production when catching another SCV that was back from scouting or building? Too many.

Part of my problem is the 3d view... if you turn off HP bars it is easy to lose guys behind buildings. Marines especially. All the more reason to leave the HP bar on I guess. So when are they going to make them less intrusive but still visible (transparency please).
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 23 2010 21:34 GMT
#492
I was completely playing like trash last night with these new changes, the spawn larva hotkey in combo with the new targeting limitations really threw me off my game. got put in gold... ech.
I was not aware of being able to cast by using the minimap though, so I will have to see how this turns out after I've gotten used to the new hotkey and that new targetting method.

I'm trying to use infestors in every build possible right now, with mixed effects. mostly it just leads to horrible losses due to nowhere near enough gas for enough combat units, leaving piles of useless lings. Infested terrans are still horrible, their low HP and duration make them still not worth the energy. burrowing infestors also barely comes up, the strat I'm trying to use is to parasite the big units, at the same time as fungal growthing the rest of the army, preventing them from getting forward to snipe the infestor.

There is constant talk that koreans are seeing major zerg imba-ness, and I'm wondering if it's just due to overall different gameplay styles, or whether they've found out stuff we havn't yet...
Ursad0n
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States523 Posts
April 23 2010 22:07 GMT
#493
Now you can right click a player's name at the score screen and go directly to view profile!
You make it sound like there's a correlation between what should happen and what actually happens. I mean, life is chaotic and it's often unfair. I know it is for me.
Glider
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States1353 Posts
April 24 2010 02:58 GMT
#494
anyone else think the new cronoboost sounds like protoss toilet flushing?
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
April 24 2010 03:04 GMT
#495
they make a new portrait for the snetry is no longer the nullfiler portrait, and it is pretty cool
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
April 25 2010 17:15 GMT
#496
You wanna hear something cool?

Try making a High Templar and watch the animation as it moves...

They have now added the blue tracers that the High Templar had in BW and SC..

cool?

YOU KNOW IT ! :D:D:D

Blizzard <3
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
Lurker87
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States172 Posts
April 25 2010 18:44 GMT
#497
On April 23 2010 07:06 Senx wrote:

Show nested quote +
Can no longer target spells/abilities on your buildings or units by clicking on their icons in the selected unit panel. This means you cannot Spawn Larvae nor Chrono Boost by clicking on the building icons WTF!!


That is a good change..



I disagree. Makes using queen a bit more annoying for spawn larva, and occasionally I use the icons to kill off my own units to free up supply cost, especially when just messing around lol
Prev 1 23 24 25 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 142
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 972
HiyA 140
Mong 51
Shine 43
Bale 29
NotJumperer 29
sorry 19
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
JimRising 554
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 795
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft768
crisheroes114
Other Games
summit1g9033
olofmeister817
ceh9497
Happy399
PiGStarcraft335
Livibee142
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream551
Other Games
gamesdonequick520
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH299
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2398
League of Legends
• Lourlo1388
• Rush1344
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 1m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 1m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.