• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:29
CEST 11:29
KST 18:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8947 users

HotS balance update #8 - Page 83

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
2296 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 115 Next
ElMeanYo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1032 Posts
December 06 2012 20:12 GMT
#1641
On December 07 2012 05:10 phrenzy wrote:
I feel like the only zerg excited about this patch. More units less casting. Win/Win/Win for everone


As a zerg player I feel that way myself... I never used infestors much anyways. But, I was trying to express the general feeling in this thread :p
“The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
MidgetHumper
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom280 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 20:15:17
December 06 2012 20:14 GMT
#1642
On December 07 2012 05:02 ElMeanYo wrote:
I'll probably get warned for this, but I thought it appropriate:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



User was temp banned for this post.


Pretty much sums it up.. Glad I play random. xD
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=284255#1
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
December 06 2012 20:16 GMT
#1643
Ok, after reading through all the changes, it seems T can finally look forward to HotS, much needed changes in there. Seeker Missile change is weird, needs to go back to aoe spell imo. Carriers still need the promised rework. I'm curious toward the new void ray, I'm still sceptical about them and think they could be removed once the carrier got reBW'ed, we have enough units as is. Since Tempest requires Fleetbacon anyways and I think they're kinda required for late game, carriers indirectly also got more accessible.
Get off my lawn, young punks
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 20:18:53
December 06 2012 20:18 GMT
#1644
carriers apparently got the rework.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=386472
first we make expand, then we defense it.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 20:24:40
December 06 2012 20:22 GMT
#1645
On December 07 2012 05:18 virpi wrote:
carriers apparently got the rework.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=386472

*drool*
Best patch ever. Now three more months to iron out the last details, and we have ourselves a tip-top expansion!
Get off my lawn, young punks
TheLunatic
Profile Joined February 2011
309 Posts
December 06 2012 20:27 GMT
#1646
On December 07 2012 05:02 ElMeanYo wrote:
I'll probably get warned for this, but I thought it appropriate:

[image loading]


User was temp banned for this post.

I thought your post was funny as hell, master terran, diamond toss here. Was trying to make toss my main but these changes almost just almost make me wanna go back to t as my main but some thing tells me if t is even slightly considered o p the nerf stick will come and I'll once again be sorry for maining the terran race
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
December 06 2012 20:31 GMT
#1647
On December 07 2012 05:22 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 05:18 virpi wrote:
carriers apparently got the rework.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=386472

*drool*
Best patch ever. Now three more months to iron out the last details, and we have ourselves a tip-top expansion!


And this might just be the first of a couple major patches to rework stuff. I don't think Blizzard is done just yet.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
December 06 2012 20:34 GMT
#1648
On December 07 2012 05:27 TheLunatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 05:02 ElMeanYo wrote:
I'll probably get warned for this, but I thought it appropriate:

[image loading]


User was temp banned for this post.

I thought your post was funny as hell, master terran, diamond toss here. Was trying to make toss my main but these changes almost just almost make me wanna go back to t as my main but some thing tells me if t is even slightly considered o p the nerf stick will come and I'll once again be sorry for maining the terran race

If you play a race based on its current status of being OP/UP, you will never be as good as you could be. Races go in cycles of power based on the metagame. Play the race that you want to play, that seems the most fun or interesting for you.
Mauldo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States750 Posts
December 06 2012 20:39 GMT
#1649
Holy shit. I've never been so happy reading patch notes before. I let loose a sigh of relief when I saw the change to Fungal. Everything else seems legit, but that Fungal change is like the righteous fury of God striking down my arch-nemesis.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
December 06 2012 20:41 GMT
#1650
On December 07 2012 05:34 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 05:27 TheLunatic wrote:
On December 07 2012 05:02 ElMeanYo wrote:
I'll probably get warned for this, but I thought it appropriate:

[image loading]


User was temp banned for this post.

I thought your post was funny as hell, master terran, diamond toss here. Was trying to make toss my main but these changes almost just almost make me wanna go back to t as my main but some thing tells me if t is even slightly considered o p the nerf stick will come and I'll once again be sorry for maining the terran race

If you play a race based on its current status of being OP/UP, you will never be as good as you could be. Races go in cycles of power based on the metagame. Play the race that you want to play, that seems the most fun or interesting for you.

Nope, people seem placated by stuff that just straight up boosts their race.

I really have no opinion on what this stuff does for the game, will have to wait and see. If they were going to throw a load of stuff into the pan though, start of beta would have been a sick time to do it. Could have had more than enough time to find out what all works

Instead we had things like the replicant being worked on, the warhound etc.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
December 06 2012 20:42 GMT
#1651
On December 07 2012 05:39 Mauldo wrote:
Holy shit. I've never been so happy reading patch notes before. I let loose a sigh of relief when I saw the change to Fungal. Everything else seems legit, but that Fungal change is like the righteous fury of God striking down my arch-nemesis.


I won't be happy until fungal no longer completely freezes units.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
CaM27
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium392 Posts
December 06 2012 20:44 GMT
#1652
when is it going live, cant wait to see pros trying it out
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
December 06 2012 20:45 GMT
#1653
On December 07 2012 05:44 CaM27 wrote:
when is it going live, cant wait to see pros trying it out


Technically it went live last night but...Blizzard is still Blizzard. Lots of disconnect issues and they took it down almost immediately. Been down all day.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
December 06 2012 20:56 GMT
#1654
--- Nuked ---
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
December 06 2012 20:57 GMT
#1655
On December 07 2012 05:56 Emzeeshady wrote:
Hmm I feel like Zerg needs more mid game buffs. All the Hydra and Muta got were speed buffs and they don't change the fact that you can never take a straight up fight as Zerg without infestors.


Hydra needs some sort of HP/armor buff. Maybe 10hp and 1 armor to start.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
A.Alm
Profile Joined September 2012
Sweden559 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 20:59:04
December 06 2012 20:58 GMT
#1656
On December 07 2012 05:56 Emzeeshady wrote:
Hmm I feel like Zerg needs more mid game buffs. All the Hydra and Muta got were speed buffs and they don't change the fact that you can never take a straight up fight as Zerg without infestors.



And how do you know this? The patch has JUST been released.

It's pointless making assumptions like that when you haven't even tried nor seen anyone play a game.

And just a hint, the Infestor is still in the game.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
December 06 2012 20:59 GMT
#1657
On December 07 2012 05:56 Emzeeshady wrote:
Hmm I feel like Zerg needs more mid game buffs. All the Hydra and Muta got were speed buffs and they don't change the fact that you can never take a straight up fight as Zerg without infestors.

I would say: Let's play it out. If I can harass with Mutas and make little pokes with speedhydras, I should be able to delay the opponent until I got enough bases and my late game tech up.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
LOLItsRyann
Profile Joined April 2011
England551 Posts
December 06 2012 21:00 GMT
#1658
Blizz hurry up and fix please.
EG<3
i)awn
Profile Joined October 2011
United States189 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 21:03:21
December 06 2012 21:01 GMT
#1659
Overall the balance patch seems good and interesting. However I think it's better to remove the mother ship at this stage or significantly reduce it's cost and build time otherwise it's never worth to have it. I'm also concerned about the Armory upgrade changes. I think it's better to upgrade mech in some other way. With the thor changes, seeker misslie changes and hellbat changes the armory thing is an overkill and makes air transitions way too powerfull compared to other races air transitions.
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
December 06 2012 21:03 GMT
#1660
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 32m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.