• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8805 users

Brutal NUR, Marine only - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
March 09 2011 08:40 GMT
#181
I thought this died, but I'm glad you're still trying.

Go go go!
secret - never again
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
March 17 2011 12:13 GMT
#182
On March 09 2011 03:32 Shiladie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:09 undyinglight wrote:
I suggest giving it a shot with War Pigs before using any other upgrades as this will not undermine the "NUR" of the thread title. If War Pigs are still not viable, attempt it with upgrades to your non marine units/buildings that way you can still say you did it with no upgrades on the Marines.

Perhaps try to position both of your tanks at the magic spot just outside of the range of her range. The tanks would be more for Hunter Killers than Kerrigan herself. I assume she won't waste her ability on SCVs? since they are mechanical. The SCVs would be to absorb the hunter-killer hits anyway.

Right now I am attempting a Single player units only brutal run before I try to do my mercs brutal run.


mercs brutal should be fairly easy, unless you're going NUR

One I want to try is upgrades+research allowed, but only building SCVs. Essentially using the units I started with + PF


I will be using upgrades, just been to busy to play StarCraft 2 recently, so many things going on in my life. Which is a good thing that I always have alot of things going on.
Rise Up!
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 17:24:37
March 17 2011 15:31 GMT
#183
On March 17 2011 21:13 undyinglight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2011 03:32 Shiladie wrote:
On March 08 2011 10:09 undyinglight wrote:
I suggest giving it a shot with War Pigs before using any other upgrades as this will not undermine the "NUR" of the thread title. If War Pigs are still not viable, attempt it with upgrades to your non marine units/buildings that way you can still say you did it with no upgrades on the Marines.

Perhaps try to position both of your tanks at the magic spot just outside of the range of her range. The tanks would be more for Hunter Killers than Kerrigan herself. I assume she won't waste her ability on SCVs? since they are mechanical. The SCVs would be to absorb the hunter-killer hits anyway.

Right now I am attempting a Single player units only brutal run before I try to do my mercs brutal run.


mercs brutal should be fairly easy, unless you're going NUR

One I want to try is upgrades+research allowed, but only building SCVs. Essentially using the units I started with + PF


I will be using upgrades, just been to busy to play StarCraft 2 recently, so many things going on in my life. Which is a good thing that I always have alot of things going on.


Yea, that's how im feeling lately, and whenever I get the drive/time to play SC2, it's all about laddering.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
April 29 2011 19:46 GMT
#184
Sorry to bump this, but you completed the entire brutal campaign this way? When I started reading this I never thought it was possible. Congrats!
Moderator
awu25
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2003 Posts
April 30 2011 01:50 GMT
#185
On April 30 2011 04:46 Chill wrote:
Sorry to bump this, but you completed the entire brutal campaign this way? When I started reading this I never thought it was possible. Congrats!

I don't think he's completed all in yet, but still very impressive
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
April 30 2011 03:36 GMT
#186
It's been months and he's still not completed all-in yet?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
tyCe
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2542 Posts
May 01 2011 07:36 GMT
#187
On April 30 2011 12:36 TheAwesomeTemplar wrote:
It's been months and he's still not completed all-in yet?

The way you say that makes it seem like you expect him to be doing this for every second of free-time that he has.

Maybe he took a hiatus.
Betrayed by EG.BuK
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
May 07 2011 10:39 GMT
#188
So Shiladie any word on getting that stream up yet, my friends and I are still rooting for you to do this!
Rise Up!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
May 07 2011 17:59 GMT
#189
On May 01 2011 16:36 tyCe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 12:36 TheAwesomeTemplar wrote:
It's been months and he's still not completed all-in yet?

The way you say that makes it seem like you expect him to be doing this for every second of free-time that he has.

Maybe he took a hiatus.

Yeah... but it's been 7 months since he last updated this thread.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Terakahn
Profile Joined May 2005
Canada49 Posts
June 06 2011 11:18 GMT
#190
Has anyone talked to him since he updated this last? Would be majorly cool to see something like this finally completed. Not to say what he's already done isn't an amazing achievement.
The path of the forgotten is paved through many lessons learned.
GregoRoach
Profile Joined December 2010
United States20 Posts
June 06 2011 18:39 GMT
#191
He posted a couple times in the trolling the campaign thread. He's just busy with other things. He said that it's his intention to finish it, but time is the restraining factor.
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
June 06 2011 22:30 GMT
#192
Wow, no upgrades and just marines? I haven't watched any of your vods, just bits of maw of the void. Still I congratulate you on doing this.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 19:16:06
June 07 2011 19:15 GMT
#193
Wow, good to see people still care. I've been trying to get 5 1v1 ladder wins a weekday around my work schedule which has kept me busy (trying to break from top 8 diamond into masters)

I'll look into setting up a new twitchtv account, if I don't have to fraps things then it suddenly gets logistically easier, also more clips of me failing, as I didn't upload the hours and hours of that...

If I had to look back at the missions I've done, engine of destruction, the great train robbery, and maw of the void are the 3 hardest apart from all-in.
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 19:36:50
June 07 2011 19:36 GMT
#194
Plan going forward:

- Build an additional CC at the start and pump scvs more to saturate the minerals.
- Cut down gas more, I thought I'd need more then I did for repairs.
- with the additional minerals setup defences on the hill before the end
- try to snipe banelings once bunkered on hill to prevent the extreme damage they did in previous attempts
- micro better vs kerrigan's razor swarm

I've improved a lot (at least I think so) since i last did serious attempts, so I should be able to make SOME progress, whether it will be enough or not we'll see. I'll work out streaming and such some time before next week.
GregoRoach
Profile Joined December 2010
United States20 Posts
June 07 2011 21:59 GMT
#195
I'd love to see you finish this!

As a TL lurker, this is kinda the only thread I post in, so I care that it gets it's Cinderella ending. In any case, it's good to see you didn't abandon the project!

Good luck, have fun! :D
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
June 07 2011 22:23 GMT
#196
I'm pulling for you. I watched a few of your video's including the All-In fail.
I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
June 07 2011 22:41 GMT
#197
I see you don't know, that it's better sometimes to stay closer to allow more marines atack.
edc
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States666 Posts
June 07 2011 23:04 GMT
#198
I'm already doing this, except I use Stim and upgrades. Also, it's not on Brutal Difficulty :p. Good luck!
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
June 08 2011 05:00 GMT
#199
New stream, working on getting onto the TL sidebar and such soon.
streaming will generally be between 6 and 11Pm PST mon-thurs (will probably be streaming 50-75% of those days)
http://www.justin.tv/shiladie

Existor, which part are you talking about? if it's keeping stuff close to the walls in the all-in attempts, the reason i kept them back a space or so most of the time was to pull their ranged units closer in or force them to attack just the barracks.
KaRath_
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia245 Posts
June 08 2011 11:10 GMT
#200
Shiladie, do not worry. There is no such thing as defeat, only delayed victory, and THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE HERE.

SHILADIE HWAITING!
I wasted my nights, you turned out the lights, now I'm paralysed, still stuck in that time...
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28584
Shuttle 2933
Bisu 982
Horang2 819
Jaedong 617
BeSt 384
Hyuk 308
firebathero 303
actioN 278
Light 257
[ Show more ]
Mini 211
Stork 205
Zeus 186
Soma 180
Soulkey 168
EffOrt 143
Last 131
Leta 109
ggaemo 92
ZerO 86
Pusan 84
Snow 83
Rush 69
Mong 55
Killer 54
Aegong 40
hero 39
Mind 35
Shine 32
Sexy 29
Sharp 27
Bale 26
NaDa 25
Shinee 24
ToSsGirL 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 17
sorry 15
Free 14
Yoon 13
zelot 13
JulyZerg 12
PianO 12
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1463
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 126
League of Legends
Reynor91
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin281
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes703
Other Games
gofns39839
singsing2029
B2W.Neo458
XBOCT333
Livibee180
DeMusliM178
Mew2King135
Liquid`LucifroN130
XaKoH 120
ArmadaUGS99
QueenE82
Chillindude9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2234
• TFBlade468
Other Games
• WagamamaTV130
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 15m
Stellar Fest
1h 15m
OSC
12h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.