• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9609 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 55

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 119 Next
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
September 03 2009 10:10 GMT
#1081
Alright well I have a prop bet with a friend. I have to gain 20lbs and he has to lose 20lbs, deadline is a year but whoever achieves his goals first wins. So I guess some advice from the TL pros wouldn't hurt .

Age: 24 Height: 5'10
Current Weight: 148 lbs
Goal Weight: 168lbs
Starting Date: August 15th
Goal Date: Anytime in the next year, the faster the better.

I've always had a hard time putting on weight and although I believe I eat a decent amount (mostly junk though), I think my metabolism is pretty fast and makes it somewhat tough for me. However with proper eating and exercising I'm sure I can get those 20 pounds (hopefully mostly in muscle )
Few things that would be helpful; I do not really cook, I can boil stuff (pasta, hot dogs, eggs etc..) but that's about as far as my "cooking" goes. So I'm looking for some essential foods that I can eat without much preparation and maybe some simple meals that won't be too hard to prepare.
I'm also on a very tight budget and won't be able to go to a gym. Whatever extra money I do have will be spent on nutrition.
I have 2 sets of dumbbells with an ample amount of weights which I think should be enough to achieve my goals. It would be very helpful though to get some advice and suggestions on effective dumbbell exercises for all muscle groups. A good schedule would be nice too. The chest and shoulders are what I feel I need the most work on so I'd like to put more priority on that.
Your help would be very appreciated
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
September 03 2009 14:48 GMT
#1082
I'm i the only one that thinks that many people here "overthink" that stuff and thend to go into extremes?

Counting calories and stuff is fine, but why would you do it when you never tried to lose weight just by doing what you think is *healthy* (if you have no idea, well... I'm sad for you).

I'm Bookkeeper so here's my bookkeeper attitude towards losing weight:

Losing weight, if you are overweight, is actually verry simple (as is bookkeeping on a *basic level*):
Your Body is used to a certain amount of calories. If this is over *the ideal* you get fat until your body has a size corresponding with the amount of calories you eat.
Reduce these calories and your body will adjust accordingly (you can also try to *use* more calories/day, but that’s probably harder for most people).

I lost now 24 LB's since January and never counted anything (started with 224 LB's being 1m 83cm - But the 224 were with the *holyday* fat . I was/am overweight since basically my early teens (12-13 maybe?), I recently saw the 199 LB mark, something I haven't seen in over 8 years (I'm 26). I just sticked to these rules during the weak (never tried to lose weight before):

Never eat when not hungry.
Don't eat more than you need to not feel hungry anymore (yeah, don't finish plates. If you had enough, you had enough... except it's really to fucking delicious and you would really hate yourself for going it to waste ).
Don't eat more than one plate of anything and try to get some green stuff on that plate..
No Coke/Ice Tea/Sprite/Soft drinks - Wather/Tea.

Don't torture yourself... If you torture yourself non stop you will get sick of it (even if it's a totally easy one) and ultimately stop it (or you become unhappy... better fat and happy than thin and unhappy).
If you really want some chocolate/sweets/chips/cookies or a McDonalds/BK whatever Burger... Just get it. A little bit of pure sugar/fat a day won't kill you and it will not make you fat and is not what made you fat.
If you go out to eat, drink, party - just do as you like. Whats the point of feeling better thanks to losing weight when you feel worse because you exclude yourself from the fun that eating and drinking is/can be? I often gain 3-5 LB's over a weekend... But that’s also gone again by Wednesday.

As long as you in the end eat a good junk (in calories) less than before you will lose weight.

Sport:
If you like it, do it. If you don't it becomes torture, torture won't do you much good in the long run except making you unhappy.


Losing weight takes time, you don't want to cut weight, you want to lose it.
If you just want to do it for a bet, starfe for a few days, stop drinking 1-2 days before weighting (as long as you can manage) and finally sweat your soul out (if you still can sweat) - kudos, you achieved nothing except a low number, now hope you betted something that’s worth 1-2 weeks of pain .

I could not write up my diet because it changes from day to day... If I don't feel hungry I don't eat... Sometimes I eat 3 apples during the day, sometimes I go to a restaurant and eat a menu for dinner or just get a sandwich... Well... I never eat breakfast and drink much wather during the day (at least 1.5-2 litres while working).


Btw: People were/are not realising that I changed my diet until I lost about 12 LB's and the effects became obvious (and that one time I went out with to large pants and no belt... I showed them homeys who's got the real baggy pants ).
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 06 2009 06:40 GMT
#1083
ugh for the first time in ~3 months I 'cheated' and feel absolutely terrible for it
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-06 12:51:41
September 06 2009 06:56 GMT
#1084
i started running hardcore last week. my schedule is basically..

Sunday-Rest day
Monday-Long Distance Run
Tuesday-800m speedwork/interval training kind of stuff
Wednesday-easy run
Thursday-Hill running
Friday-Rest day
Saturday-Race/Time trial day (usually 3-5k of fast running)
i do a little conditioning stuff after running (pushups/situps/plank...)

i'm also working out in the gym every other day.

i'm doing this until it becomes winter when i'll switch to swimming (indoor pools ftw).

EDIT: i'm trying to get below 10% body fat. i'm also training for my fitness test (i'm going to the army in a year) so i have to become good at the 2.4km run, pullups, situps, shuttle run (4x10m), and the standing broad jump
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
September 06 2009 08:10 GMT
#1085
On September 06 2009 15:40 thedeadhaji wrote:
ugh for the first time in ~3 months I 'cheated' and feel absolutely terrible for it


Don't feel too bad about it man, you deserve it if you've been working hard. I cheat every other week and I've still been consistently losing fat. Consistency != rigidity. Don't deprive yourself, hahaha.
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 10 2009 20:11 GMT
#1086
I need to gain weight for weightlifting because I am going to compete soon for fun. I am 68kg and i am gonna compete in the 69 kg class. I was told I should be above the 69 weight at like 71-72kg so i can handle more weight.

I never took any supplements or anything before. I heard whey protein is good? Can anyone recommend me some kind of protein. Thank you!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-10 21:58:56
September 10 2009 21:58 GMT
#1087
Brands won't really matter, just make sure the protein you're buying is Instantised Whey Protein, and ask or read the container to make sure it contains no Aspartame.

But if you want to speed up the process, actually it doesn't matter if you do or you don't I'd, really recommend buying some form of Creatine, if you can afford it buy one of the complexes, I'd recommend either Gespari Nutrition's SizeOn or BSN Cellmass. If they are out of your price range just buy bulk Creatine ethyl ester, again make sure it has no artificial sweetners, it's amazing borderline unbelievable how rapidly you gain strength and size if you load and cycle Creatine correctly.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 10 2009 22:11 GMT
#1088
On September 11 2009 06:58 Energies wrote:
Brands won't really matter, just make sure the protein you're buying is Instantised Whey Protein, and ask or read the container to make sure it contains no Aspartame.

But if you want to speed up the process, actually it doesn't matter if you do or you don't I'd, really recommend buying some form of Creatine, if you can afford it buy one of the complexes, I'd recommend either Gespari Nutrition's SizeOn or BSN Cellmass. If they are out of your price range just buy bulk Creatine ethyl ester, again make sure it has no artificial sweetners, it's amazing borderline unbelievable how rapidly you gain strength and size if you load and cycle Creatine correctly.



ahh thanks rev! Now i need to ask someone to buy it for me
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-13 10:36:13
September 13 2009 10:35 GMT
#1089
I've caught myself really slacking the last 2 weeks both in terms of dietary intake and work out output.

Posting here for accountability in recommitting myself to a large increase in my cardio routine until the end of the month (at least) to monitor results.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 13 2009 10:55 GMT
#1090
I feel like massive douchebag for posting this photo, but I bought a TL pony tank top and I didn't realise that a small would be different than a small shirt, ended up being about two sizes too tight so I took a photo. But it does show some definition. I have been sick or working for the last 4 weeks so I have only been to the gym 3 maybe 4 times. I start going back tomorrow and start my diet again sometime this week. I have 8 weeks before I fly to China for WCG, I want to become a ripped nerd baller in that time.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 13 2009 11:04 GMT
#1091
tanktop is unnecessary imo ^^
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 13 2009 11:05 GMT
#1092
I prolly envy the definition @ your jaw the most.



/homo
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
September 13 2009 11:26 GMT
#1093
What's on the tv in the background? I feel as if I recognise it.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 13 2009 11:28 GMT
#1094
Stargate.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
September 13 2009 11:34 GMT
#1095
Then I definitely recognise it.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
kOre
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada3642 Posts
September 13 2009 11:35 GMT
#1096
Age: 20
Height: 175 cm
Current Weight: 120 lb
Goal Weight: 140 lb
Starting Date: September 13, 2009
Goal Date: December Holidays

I have a high metabolism. I eat 5 full meals a day (korean meals like duk-gook, gam-ja-tang, etc) and I still go nowhere ... sometimes I even lose weight? In anycase I need to gain some fat so I can turn it into muscle to make it easier to breakdance. Pretty much school then work during the weekdays now ^^
http://www.starcraftmecca.net - Founder
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 13 2009 11:49 GMT
#1097
On September 13 2009 20:35 kOre wrote:
Age: 20
Height: 175 cm
Current Weight: 120 lb
Goal Weight: 140 lb
Starting Date: September 13, 2009
Goal Date: December Holidays

I have a high metabolism. I eat 5 full meals a day (korean meals like duk-gook, gam-ja-tang, etc) and I still go nowhere ... sometimes I even lose weight? In anycase I need to gain some fat so I can turn it into muscle to make it easier to breakdance. Pretty much school then work during the weekdays now ^^


Fat can't turn into muscle buddy, that just isn't how the human body works. Fat is the storage of excess energy and it will only be broken down for energy, it will not turn into carbs or protein.

If you want to gain muscle you need to implement resistance training into your exercise and make sure you are consuming enough protein. I recommend about 150grams a day for you.

Lift weights and lift heavy!
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
September 13 2009 12:48 GMT
#1098
argh.. i've injured my shins running. going to talk to a running coach tomorrow to try to figure something out. i really hope i don't get a serious case of shin splints or anything...
Mori600
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Japan311 Posts
September 13 2009 17:32 GMT
#1099
Age: 15
Height: 5'10
Current Weight: 112.2
Goal Weight: 120
Starting Date: Now
Goal Date: End of the school year

I have made a transition from 106 to 115 during 8th grade from playing DDR 4-6 hours on school days and 6-8 (10 in one case) but lost 3 pounds since I live off of 1 meal a day most of the time and I only play 1-2 hours nowadays.
Build a man a fire, he will be warm for a night. Lite a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
September 14 2009 01:03 GMT
#1100
Just a little update: I was pleased to note the STX fanclub girls were all asking my friend (senior fanclub member who speaks fluent English.) how I lost weight recently. They didn't know I was on a diet and it definitely encouraged me

Also I've been sticking religiously to the diet plan since last month now. I've lost about 3kg so far. I'm also adhering well to getting off the subway earlier. I'm planning to begin getting off two stops earlier (adding an extra 20 minutes to the walk home instead of 10.) within the next two weeks.

Now I just need to focus on getting more sleep, incorporating more green veggies into my daily meals and exercising a bit more often. I'm going to start from three times a week and see how it goes. 80kg - so only 20kg left to go
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.