• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 52

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 234 Next
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 26 2015 01:00 GMT
#1021
So, if you wanna have some fun, go to the Arnold Convention in Columbus, Ohio and look for people with the kind of really obvious steroid induced bacne and then yell "hey bacne!"

You're sure to have a good time and plenty of targets.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
June 26 2015 08:25 GMT
#1022
On June 25 2015 02:47 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2015 01:24 IgnE wrote:
On June 24 2015 23:00 GoTuNk! wrote:
My back 2 days before the meet.

[image loading]

Any suggestion for the backne? No pimples in the rest of the body.


Go in the ocean.


I guess I'll give it a try whenever it's sunny enough. I live 50 meters from the ocean, but it's really cold water

I do remember acne being at it's best when I sunbathed regularly.


I recommend Benzoylperoxide, didnt just improve mine, cured it. It does cause dry skin and irritation but still: Harsh chemicals > hippy shit.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 26 2015 10:42 GMT
#1023
On June 25 2015 02:47 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2015 01:24 IgnE wrote:
On June 24 2015 23:00 GoTuNk! wrote:
My back 2 days before the meet.

[image loading]

Any suggestion for the backne? No pimples in the rest of the body.


Go in the ocean.


I guess I'll give it a try whenever it's sunny enough. I live 50 meters from the ocean, but it's really cold water

I do remember acne being at it's best when I sunbathed regularly.

My skin has always been pretty meh since i was a teenager, and i ended up getting some antibiotics prescribed for my chest/back. Which worked ok, but worked much, much, much better when exposed to a decent amount of sun. Seems UV light can often really help with acne, my doctor said as much when i last went to see him.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 26 2015 11:03 GMT
#1024
On June 26 2015 19:42 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2015 02:47 GoTuNk! wrote:
On June 25 2015 01:24 IgnE wrote:
On June 24 2015 23:00 GoTuNk! wrote:
My back 2 days before the meet.

[image loading]

Any suggestion for the backne? No pimples in the rest of the body.


Go in the ocean.


I guess I'll give it a try whenever it's sunny enough. I live 50 meters from the ocean, but it's really cold water

I do remember acne being at it's best when I sunbathed regularly.

My skin has always been pretty meh since i was a teenager, and i ended up getting some antibiotics prescribed for my chest/back. Which worked ok, but worked much, much, much better when exposed to a decent amount of sun. Seems UV light can often really help with acne, my doctor said as much when i last went to see him.

My experience supports this as well. I find that salicylic acid is also pretty good at fighting acne, but mostly just that if my diet is mostly good I don't have as bad of acne problems.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2015 12:16 GMT
#1025
Tomorrow is the sprint tri, hoping to have fun and finish running
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 27 2015 19:06 GMT
#1026
Isn't it the case that those chemicals make you sensitive to sunlight? Might not want to mix them.

I managed to go to the gym and had no pain through squatting and deadlifting, so I guess didn't tear anything. I think my biggest mistake was trying to do a high volume of deadlifts. I'm going to keep it to singles and doubles now.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 29 2015 16:18 GMT
#1027
On June 28 2015 04:06 Jerubaal wrote:
Isn't it the case that those chemicals make you sensitive to sunlight? Might not want to mix them.

I managed to go to the gym and had no pain through squatting and deadlifting, so I guess didn't tear anything. I think my biggest mistake was trying to do a high volume of deadlifts. I'm going to keep it to singles and doubles now.

yes, don't mix benzol peroxide with the sun.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
June 30 2015 00:02 GMT
#1028
so i lost 5 lbs of solid weight, not much water weight I'm guessing, and most of it gains, after taking a week and a half off. Wasn't really trying to lose weight in the first place, and now I'm back to my work weights from 1-2 months ago instead of from when I took the break. Fuck.
Crushinator
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands2138 Posts
June 30 2015 12:32 GMT
#1029
On June 30 2015 09:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so i lost 5 lbs of solid weight, not much water weight I'm guessing, and most of it gains, after taking a week and a half off. Wasn't really trying to lose weight in the first place, and now I'm back to my work weights from 1-2 months ago instead of from when I took the break. Fuck.


No you didnt.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
June 30 2015 14:01 GMT
#1030
On June 30 2015 09:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so i lost 5 lbs of solid weight, not much water weight I'm guessing, and most of it gains, after taking a week and a half off. Wasn't really trying to lose weight in the first place, and now I'm back to my work weights from 1-2 months ago instead of from when I took the break. Fuck.

I usually come back stronger after a short break. Was your diet shit?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-30 15:26:04
June 30 2015 15:25 GMT
#1031
On June 30 2015 09:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so i lost 5 lbs of solid weight, not much water weight I'm guessing, and most of it gains, after taking a week and a half off. Wasn't really trying to lose weight in the first place, and now I'm back to my work weights from 1-2 months ago instead of from when I took the break. Fuck.


How many days have you actually been at the gym? One workout is not necessarily indicative of permanently lost gains. If you feed yourself and hydrate well after that workout you might be back to your more recent form within a week.

If you do stop working out you have to continue eating enough protein or you are at risk for catabolizing the muscle you've been building, especially if you suddenly start running a caloric deficit compared to what you were eating. This is exacerbated if you haven't been carrying that newly built and hard-earned muscle for very long. A guy who has been carrying a lot of muscle for 10 years is likely going to lose less muscle on a 10 day break than a person who has only been lifting for 6 months and has only added a few pounds of lean body mass.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 30 2015 17:50 GMT
#1032
On June 30 2015 09:02 zulu_nation8 wrote:
so i lost 5 lbs of solid weight, not much water weight I'm guessing, and most of it gains, after taking a week and a half off. Wasn't really trying to lose weight in the first place, and now I'm back to my work weights from 1-2 months ago instead of from when I took the break. Fuck.


If you lost 5 pounds in 10 days you were eating at 1750 calories under your maintenance which would be like 500-1000 calories a day, so I seriously doubt that. Give yourself a couple workouts to get back up to your weights. I just maxed out my squat at 435lb after 5-6 days off, that doesn't mean I lost 40 pounds off my squat of 475lb last Monday.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
July 01 2015 11:43 GMT
#1033
Final rowing regattas this weekend. Will not be continuing to row competitively during my masters, and will start pumping iron again. Lost 6,5kg this season (currently 89kg), the goal is to get as close to a lean 100kg as possible over the comin year.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 06 2015 13:00 GMT
#1034
Any tips on surviving a heat wave? It's really killing me these days. I have slept more than 3 hours in days. It's usually too hot to fall asleep until 4am and then I have to sleep with all windows open which makes me wake up from city light and noise.

During the day I already drag myself around in zombie mode from sleep deprivation and insane heat. And then at night the gym has like 45C and I feel like passing out just walking up to the rack.

Neither brain nor body are functioning in this heat. And no relief in sight for another week.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 06 2015 13:31 GMT
#1035
Get an air conditioning unit for your room?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 06 2015 13:36 GMT
#1036
Do they not have a/c in germany? Lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 06 2015 13:46 GMT
#1037
On July 06 2015 22:36 decafchicken wrote:
Do they not have a/c in germany? Lol

They don't, no. Germans in general hate coolness and are of the opinion that even a single AC unit will melt the arctic within an hour of operation.

Even if I wanted to pay for it I would never get permission to install AC for my apartment from the owner.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 06 2015 13:48 GMT
#1038
That sounds miserable. My only advice is to ice your gooch down: it'll make you feel generally cooler quite quickly. Just don't freeze your balls lol
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 06 2015 13:57 GMT
#1039
When/if I wake I splash cold water on my chest, neck and face and then don't dry off, sleeping on my back with a window open. Works ok, but sleep is a chore when its really hot, no doubt.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 06 2015 14:24 GMT
#1040
On July 06 2015 22:46 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2015 22:36 decafchicken wrote:
Do they not have a/c in germany? Lol

They don't, no. Germans in general hate coolness and are of the opinion that even a single AC unit will melt the arctic within an hour of operation.

Even if I wanted to pay for it I would never get permission to install AC for my apartment from the owner.


Seriously? That's crazy. What I did in college when I didn't have AC was to use two box fans in a window(s), one to blow air in and one to blow air out to get circulation going which helped a lot.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.