• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6557 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 188

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 186 187 188 189 190 234 Next
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-04 17:49:59
November 04 2017 17:44 GMT
#3741
On November 05 2017 01:45 IgnE wrote:
Why did you choose 185 for your birthday squat weight?


Was curious about this also.

I also wonder what stops you at this stage, or doing anything in these higher rep ranges. Is it more of a muscular force issue, is it an issue of depleting AWC, or a factor of both? Put another way, improving your 1RM will certainly let you do more reps at what was 70% or 80%. But will it help you do more reps at 35%? My guess is that like most things it's a continuum; more or less the sole determinate at higher percentages, and almost negligible as percentages start to get very low.

I'm assuming #squats = age?

Now question is, what sort of progression could you set up for a lifetime? It's going to be different from everyone of course, but maybe X * (10-#decades past 20) for age reps as a general formula? Where X is a factor based on how strong you are initially.

I was trying to do the same thing for running, doing my age in miles; but between injuries and switching to more cycling I kinda dropped that. Might be fun to do on the bike, but age * 10 in miles would start to get some obscene rides. Even using kms, you'd still be working up to 15 hr death marches by 50. Age * 5 in kms wouldn't be bad, but doesn't have the same cleanness as a factor of 1 or 10.

You guys have probably figured out I like speculating and thinking about plenty of random things
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 04 2017 20:55 GMT
#3742
On November 03 2017 13:11 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 09:57 GoTuNk! wrote:
On November 03 2017 08:57 L_Master wrote:
Another question:

I'd love to keep working on my technique to keep improving that as quick as possible, but am lifting basically three times a week for right now. Could I go to the gym and use very light weights and work technical aspects on off days; or would using weights at say 30-50% of max still heavily compromise recovery?



You run literally for hours everyday. How do you think 25-50 reps squats at 50% effort are gonna affect you? :p


Haha this is definitely how it would be in endurance sports, but never hurts to check.

I will say my legs were getting pretty rubbery after a few rounds though. I did like 8x2 with like 40% of max, and 4x1 with like 60% of max on both squat/DL.

Squat is gradually getting better, I've been focusing a lot on trying to screw in the feet/open up the groin/knees out. Interestingly, that feels like it's helped me consistently get depth as well. Hardest thing right now is just taking the damn weight out. I always feel a little unstable right as I unrack the weight, and then getting a step back and settling I never get 100% comfortable when the weight gets heavier.

Going down, my two most noticable problems seem to be that my first rep, perhaps because of setup discomfort, is always nervous and lacks full depth, and on bad ones I have a tendency to drift a bit forward right as I get ready to come out of the hole, and then I get the beginning of feeling like the bar is trying to fold me over. Haven't pinpointed the cause yet.

-----------------------------------------

Deadlift is the bigger problem at the moment. Right about where the bar rests with 45s is about where I start to have problems. I can just barelllyyyy get my lower back flat and set. If I put say a 25 on, or try to lift with a plate under my feet...I can't get that flat back.

The other thing I'm not sure on is if there are any good cues to ensure I'm moving correctly with the pull part of the lift. I think I'm okay with the pushing the floor away from me part, but I'm not sure if there are any good ways to make sure you're pulling/hinging correctly.

Lifting it always feels okay, but the lowering never feels great. Usually when I set it down I get sort of a discomfortable pulse/twinge in the lower back that last for maybe a second. Feels okay when I stand up and afterwords. I will say my back almost always feels sore after workouts, always about the same and never gets worse; but I'll feel it sometimes as I bend over or straighten up, and then sometimes notice it with a heavy backpack or driving in the car. I honestly can't tell if this is an injury thing I need to worry about or general soreness from a major weak link.


For DL:
1) Grab the bar, get abs and lats tight (focus on this for the entire rep)
2) push the floor
3) Squeeze your glutes

Hit 152kgx10 back squat yesterday, prolly more than I was doing back when I did powerlifting only.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-05 02:47:14
November 05 2017 02:44 GMT
#3743
You do 1x body weight for your age in reps I think Zatic introduced it to me on here.

I also gave the future a little thought. Hoping not to lose too much lean mass when I get older but I may split the reps into multiple sets after 40 or something lol
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-07 21:03:18
November 07 2017 21:00 GMT
#3744
got this bad boy the other day
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FQKJLIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its an air fryer. you just put anything in , and 20 mins later it's cooked

today stuck in some salmon and veg, came out amazing, straight onto the bowl and ready to eat in 20 mins

tonight just stuck in some chicken drumsticks

feelsgoodman

room stinks of cookin tho coz im ill and had the heating on super high and windows closed

anyway, u gotta get one of these, it's just amazin, next-gen. its literally plugged in a metre away from my pc chair lol. dont need to add water or oil or anything. literally everyone on earth should have one of these things apart from children
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 07 2017 21:06 GMT
#3745
looks cool

sitting kills you. you should move away from your comouter chair more often
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-07 21:37:16
November 07 2017 21:36 GMT
#3746
well i need a job REALLY badly/immediately
then ill be standing for 7 hours str8 and complaining about my back again
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 08 2017 00:45 GMT
#3747
work on your posture
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
VHbb
Profile Joined October 2014
692 Posts
November 08 2017 08:42 GMT
#3748
On November 05 2017 02:44 L_Master wrote:
You guys have probably figured out I like speculating and thinking about plenty of random things



Even if I don't participate much in discussions, I always enjoy reading your posts L_Master !
(when I started running I went through tens of pages of the TL running thread)
My life for Aiur !
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 08 2017 18:14 GMT
#3749
im growing muscle on my back the last 2 weeks, for the first time ever

few days time ill do a 9 pullup video (im eating less lately too so it shot up)
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 08 2017 21:19 GMT
#3750
On November 09 2017 03:14 FFGenerations wrote:
im growing muscle on my back the last 2 weeks, for the first time ever

few days time ill do a 9 pullup video (im eating less lately too so it shot up)


Your back doesn't grow? That's like a huge area that it's hard for me to imagine not growing at all, especially big muscles like lats/traps that have great barbell exercises you can directly hit them with.

Speaking of backs, I think mine is definitely tweaked in some fashion. I've been talking a bit about it; but it's gradually gotten a little more tired/sore each gym session over the past few weeks. I'm too busy with exam prep to make it today, so I'll have four days off from training...but if it doesn't feel largely improved by then I'll probably need to figure out what a good plan of action is.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-08 22:24:57
November 08 2017 21:27 GMT
#3751
nothing grows when you have consistency like i do


here's my air fryer and some chicken with bbq sauce and some breaded fishcakes and cod DONT JUDGE ME
[image loading]
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 09 2017 03:45 GMT
#3752
On November 08 2017 06:00 FFGenerations wrote:
got this bad boy the other day
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FQKJLIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its an air fryer. you just put anything in , and 20 mins later it's cooked

today stuck in some salmon and veg, came out amazing, straight onto the bowl and ready to eat in 20 mins

tonight just stuck in some chicken drumsticks

feelsgoodman

room stinks of cookin tho coz im ill and had the heating on super high and windows closed

anyway, u gotta get one of these, it's just amazin, next-gen. its literally plugged in a metre away from my pc chair lol. dont need to add water or oil or anything. literally everyone on earth should have one of these things apart from children


You should get an instant pot
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 09 2017 05:01 GMT
#3753
shit, decaf on the instant pot train. why are instant pots blowing up?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-09 09:32:28
November 09 2017 09:16 GMT
#3754
well ill take the lid off this discussion and say that instant pot looks better for water-infused food like potatoes, veg, rice, and stew, and by contrast the air fryer is probably a bit faster (mine is VERY fast) and can produce crispy food (pies, chips, and burnt veg)

[image loading]

i actually think i could make a stew or rice in my air fryer (just turn the temperature down appropriately), ill try it soon

size is an issue .some air fryers have small compartments, altho mine (£65) is definitely big enough. my moms one is tiny.

i would be careful with the air fryers that look like the below, even tho they look amazin, reviews might say they only cook things at the top, which probably explains why the other air fryers look so clunky

[image loading]

if i cud turn back time and buy instant pot instead? idk man it's close for me. the breaking point is if i can make stew and rice in my fryer, i'll get back to you
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 09 2017 10:43 GMT
#3755
I'm lazy so I just throw chicken strips into a pan with boil-in-bag brown rice on the side. Sometimes I'll get classy and add some peas.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
November 09 2017 12:27 GMT
#3756
i can do that from my bedroom now ;p i guess it matters more if you're living in a shared house
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
November 09 2017 17:52 GMT
#3757
Is that chicken post air fryer? If so I'd rather just de-skin it and broil them drummies.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-09 21:29:13
November 09 2017 21:28 GMT
#3758
On November 09 2017 14:01 IgnE wrote:
shit, decaf on the instant pot train. why are instant pots blowing up?

It's a crockpot on steroids. You can cook anything, it's super easy, super fast, everything comes out perfectly cooked. You can even saute in it. Meat, stew, rice, veggies, potatoes, pretty much anything.

My go to meal lately of burrito bowl stuff:
Saute onions, peppers, and garlic for a few min.
Add 1-2 cups of rice, 2 cans of beans, and a few pounds of chicken thighs. Cover in chicken broth & salsa.
Then I just close it and cook it for 25 minutes. The thighs pretty much fall apart when I shred them. Practically no effort and really quick to make a big pot of food.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 09 2017 21:33 GMT
#3759
so you put the rice and everything in there? doesnt it turn into a goopy rice stew?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-09 22:56:58
November 09 2017 22:56 GMT
#3760
u guys r so fussy i had 2 packs of breaded skampi in like 4 minutes
with bbq sauce
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Prev 1 186 187 188 189 190 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 12m
INu's Battles
7h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 12m
OSC
18h 27m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.