• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 187

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 185 186 187 188 189 234 Next
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
November 01 2017 12:09 GMT
#3721
On November 01 2017 17:00 Osmoses wrote:
Did a group workout with a girlfriend. The kind where you do bodyweight shit for 45 minutes. I've never been more sore in my life.

rofl, my wife and I will pick a different gym running a free trial every so often. She'll kick my ass for anything resembling yoga, and I tend to do better with bodyweight stuff.

I remember the first class I took when I started losing weight, I could barely do the stairs in my house. That was the wallballs.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 01 2017 14:13 GMT
#3722
So what kind of total is a "decent" total for powerlifting if you're in the neighborhood of 75kg? Let's define decent as something that will place you in the top 25% of a typical meet. 1000? 1200? 1500?
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-02 20:48:22
November 02 2017 20:47 GMT
#3723
[image loading]

there was some discounted packaged salmon when the shop changed over, this is 400g lol
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 02 2017 23:55 GMT
#3724
Fuark. Discounted salmon is damn near as good as it gets <3

Too expensive to have on a regular basis though. Have to stick to tuna and chicken. Do a good job getting my 160-180g protein each day, and vegatables and such...but really need to stop eating so much junk. 1/4 to 1/3 daily calories from junk (cookies, donut, soda, etc.) is pretty damn bad. As IgnE said, thinking of sugar as a poison is pretty accurate for vast majority of situations.

EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 02 2017 23:57 GMT
#3725
Another question:

I'd love to keep working on my technique to keep improving that as quick as possible, but am lifting basically three times a week for right now. Could I go to the gym and use very light weights and work technical aspects on off days; or would using weights at say 30-50% of max still heavily compromise recovery?

EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 03 2017 00:37 GMT
#3726
it probably wont compromise recovery
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 03 2017 00:57 GMT
#3727
On November 03 2017 08:57 L_Master wrote:
Another question:

I'd love to keep working on my technique to keep improving that as quick as possible, but am lifting basically three times a week for right now. Could I go to the gym and use very light weights and work technical aspects on off days; or would using weights at say 30-50% of max still heavily compromise recovery?



You run literally for hours everyday. How do you think 25-50 reps squats at 50% effort are gonna affect you? :p
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 03 2017 04:11 GMT
#3728
On November 03 2017 09:57 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 08:57 L_Master wrote:
Another question:

I'd love to keep working on my technique to keep improving that as quick as possible, but am lifting basically three times a week for right now. Could I go to the gym and use very light weights and work technical aspects on off days; or would using weights at say 30-50% of max still heavily compromise recovery?



You run literally for hours everyday. How do you think 25-50 reps squats at 50% effort are gonna affect you? :p


Haha this is definitely how it would be in endurance sports, but never hurts to check.

I will say my legs were getting pretty rubbery after a few rounds though. I did like 8x2 with like 40% of max, and 4x1 with like 60% of max on both squat/DL.

Squat is gradually getting better, I've been focusing a lot on trying to screw in the feet/open up the groin/knees out. Interestingly, that feels like it's helped me consistently get depth as well. Hardest thing right now is just taking the damn weight out. I always feel a little unstable right as I unrack the weight, and then getting a step back and settling I never get 100% comfortable when the weight gets heavier.

Going down, my two most noticable problems seem to be that my first rep, perhaps because of setup discomfort, is always nervous and lacks full depth, and on bad ones I have a tendency to drift a bit forward right as I get ready to come out of the hole, and then I get the beginning of feeling like the bar is trying to fold me over. Haven't pinpointed the cause yet.

-----------------------------------------

Deadlift is the bigger problem at the moment. Right about where the bar rests with 45s is about where I start to have problems. I can just barelllyyyy get my lower back flat and set. If I put say a 25 on, or try to lift with a plate under my feet...I can't get that flat back.

The other thing I'm not sure on is if there are any good cues to ensure I'm moving correctly with the pull part of the lift. I think I'm okay with the pushing the floor away from me part, but I'm not sure if there are any good ways to make sure you're pulling/hinging correctly.

Lifting it always feels okay, but the lowering never feels great. Usually when I set it down I get sort of a discomfortable pulse/twinge in the lower back that last for maybe a second. Feels okay when I stand up and afterwords. I will say my back almost always feels sore after workouts, always about the same and never gets worse; but I'll feel it sometimes as I bend over or straighten up, and then sometimes notice it with a heavy backpack or driving in the car. I honestly can't tell if this is an injury thing I need to worry about or general soreness from a major weak link.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 03 2017 05:32 GMT
#3729
On November 03 2017 08:55 L_Master wrote:
Fuark. Discounted salmon is damn near as good as it gets <3

Too expensive to have on a regular basis though. Have to stick to tuna and chicken. Do a good job getting my 160-180g protein each day, and vegatables and such...but really need to stop eating so much junk. 1/4 to 1/3 daily calories from junk (cookies, donut, soda, etc.) is pretty damn bad. As IgnE said, thinking of sugar as a poison is pretty accurate for vast majority of situations.



Just found out aldi carries wild caught salmon for like $4/lb rofl
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 03 2017 06:24 GMT
#3730
On November 03 2017 14:32 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 08:55 L_Master wrote:
Fuark. Discounted salmon is damn near as good as it gets <3

Too expensive to have on a regular basis though. Have to stick to tuna and chicken. Do a good job getting my 160-180g protein each day, and vegatables and such...but really need to stop eating so much junk. 1/4 to 1/3 daily calories from junk (cookies, donut, soda, etc.) is pretty damn bad. As IgnE said, thinking of sugar as a poison is pretty accurate for vast majority of situations.



Just found out aldi carries wild caught salmon for like $4/lb rofl


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. We don't have that here ;(
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
November 03 2017 10:31 GMT
#3731
On November 03 2017 15:24 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2017 14:32 decafchicken wrote:
On November 03 2017 08:55 L_Master wrote:
Fuark. Discounted salmon is damn near as good as it gets <3

Too expensive to have on a regular basis though. Have to stick to tuna and chicken. Do a good job getting my 160-180g protein each day, and vegatables and such...but really need to stop eating so much junk. 1/4 to 1/3 daily calories from junk (cookies, donut, soda, etc.) is pretty damn bad. As IgnE said, thinking of sugar as a poison is pretty accurate for vast majority of situations.



Just found out aldi carries wild caught salmon for like $4/lb rofl


Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. We don't have that here ;(

No Aldi's where you are? We have them in Minnesota, but they tend to be in less well off parts of town. I may have to check one out in the burbs this weekend.

Hy Vee does ok for salmon a couple times a month. Not the worst, not the best. I've found coops actually do pretty decent deals on fish here too.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 03 2017 12:54 GMT
#3732
Practicing your unracking on off days sounds like a good use of time imo. Put your max on, step back, re-rack. Get comfortable with that so you can do it consistently and then your first rep should start to feel better on your working days.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Twinkle Toes
Profile Joined May 2012
United States3605 Posts
November 03 2017 13:25 GMT
#3733
On November 03 2017 05:47 FFGenerations wrote:
[image loading]

there was some discounted packaged salmon when the shop changed over, this is 400g lol

What the hell is that lol
Bisu - INnoVation - Dark - Rogue - Stats
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-03 19:46:45
November 03 2017 19:46 GMT
#3734
salmons
i wrapped them in foil with a little butter and put on baking tray for 25 mins
the foil makes it super easy and clean!!!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 04 2017 03:29 GMT
#3735
Well, it may not have been the squats and other stuff from yesterday, and riding early in the day also could have contributed...but I was definitely useless in the squat today. Took it out for a set of 5 at 215 and noped out hard after 2.

Bench was fine though, so it could have been I was just more trashed from the squats and did a little too much activity in between.

Is it common for people to be much better at pull ups than rows, or vice versa. I'm rowing about 30lbs more than he is, but he'd doing sets of 6 weighted chins with 65lb between his legs, and for me it's a grind to do sets of 5 with 30lb. Similar levels of BF for both of us.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
November 04 2017 03:59 GMT
#3736
I wouldn't think too much on it. Just keep training to become the best version of yourself.
Official Entusman #21
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 04 2017 05:39 GMT
#3737
Oh I'm not worried about it in the slightest. Curiosity question more than anything.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 04 2017 11:34 GMT
#3738
So life's been a little busy but I'm finally back to three days a week (for the most part) Didn't get around to posting my birthday squats from last week. This was the first year since starting I had legitimate worries I wouldn't complete the full set.
+ Show Spoiler +

I was thinking maybe I could see how my from breaks down at fatigue but camera angle could have been better whoops. Back on the road to 4 plates anyways.

I also have been off milk for a while and tried some of my ON performance whey again and man, no bueno. Sad day. Gains were easier with whole milk and affordable protein powder. Any recommendations for non-milk based powder?

Also, hi infinity
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
November 04 2017 13:48 GMT
#3739
hiya mordek. I'm always lurking
Official Entusman #21
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
November 04 2017 16:45 GMT
#3740
Why did you choose 185 for your birthday squat weight?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Prev 1 185 186 187 188 189 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.